Josh's Old Franken Thread

The place to share your artwork.
Josh

back in the game baby

*Josh kicks this thread to the front page*

I said I'd never attempt to create another Gundam (on GPlus). Well I wasn't planning on this being a Gundam but one thing led to another and I got all excited that I could actually pull this off and dub it a Gundam.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7187 ... ionvk5.jpg

The unit itself is named Absolution, "Gundam" title not neccessary but technically it is. For what reason I'll make up eventually. The reason it's all white is simply because I wanted this to be the basic unit before it sees any action. Since the whole story I've been thinking up involves 3 of these things, I have 3 color schemes in planning for it.

Design notes:
I was really impressed with how the torso came together. At first I was simply planning on an altered Airmaster Gundam chest. Then out of curiousity I decided to see what the chest of a Gera Doga would look like (simply because I was fond of the way it looks) and it just clicked. The waist originally was planned on being just Airmaster's as well but looked too chunky for my liking. So since I liked the way the G-Saviour's waist looked I decided to use it, again it clicked.

I also enjoy the head. A very simple edit of the Jegan's head along with the V-fin of the Tallgeese III and modded chin of good ol' Zeta made a perfect look with what I had planned.

The only regrets I have are not trying to further edit the arms and legs. I had plans for Gundam X's ankle guards but that wasn't working out so I scrapped that.

Also, I might actually be writting a fanfic for all of these frankens I've been making. Seriously I've already began working on character designs as well with G Project's images.
EZero8

Very nice design there Josh. All of the parts blend in extremely well and it seems to be a very good general purpose unit. Well done. 8)
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Draco Starcloud

It's got the kind of color scheme that wants you to draw it with a polar bear in a snowstorm. :p

Plain white's never been my thing, but the meshing is excellent and you've done a great job making the Jegan head unshaded.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

This design brings tears to my eyes. It's basically perfect in every aspect: design, frankening skills, shading: it's genius. My only critic comment is that I don't see any discernable (by which, I mean seeable) armaments on the Absolution. Other than that, it's excellent.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
Destroy Gundam

It looks amazing. Like Nu-Liberty, my only, and very minor, complaint is the lack of any visable armament. I like the coloring job, too, as it fits the design nicely, in my opinion.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Turinu

Re: back in the game baby

Josh wrote:http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7187 ... ionvk5.jpg

The unit itself is named Absolution, "Gundam" title not neccessary but technically it is.
*Cough* Absolution, eh? *Cough.*

Otherwise a nice design.
Ascension

The almost pure white color scheme meshes nicely with the "Absolution" name. If you ever equip it with a shield, I'd give it the original cross-adorned Gundam shield for further symbolism. The design itself is wonderful. It meshes beautifully and it looks much more original than a lot of frankens out there. I'm amazed at how good the Jegan head looks with a v-fin.

I would also echo the suggestions of the others that you produce a picture of the Absolution with some armament... Unless the thing's unarmed and is just so cool it kicks other mecha to death, in which case you should have told us sooner so we could comment on how awesome its martial arts skills are.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Josh

Thanks for the responses guys, guess this one was a success.

I don't understand why you mentioned shading Nu-Liberty, I haven't applied any. :P I will apply shadows once I color it.

Once I start doing the three different color schemes, I'll mod my main character's suit to include some extra things. The idea about the cross shield, I'll definatley look into it.

Don't worry guys I will definatley be making weapons with it. I might just work on weapons for it along with what I already have for Robinson and Raven and just post all of it at once.

Shori: I didn't steal the name from you did I? I appologize if I did and if you want me to change it I will.
Turinu

Josh wrote:Shori: I didn't steal the name from you did I? I appologize if I did and if you want me to change it I will.
That's okay. If you continue digging through a pool of names, eventually you'll stumble across one somebody has already used, it's inevitable. I don't mind at all.
Josh

Shori wrote:
Josh wrote:Shori: I didn't steal the name from you did I? I appologize if I did and if you want me to change it I will.
That's okay. If you continue digging through a pool of names, eventually you'll stumble across one somebody has already used, it's inevitable. I don't mind at all.
True, I had a hard time trying to think up a word that would fit. Funny story that sort of goes with this: a year before GSD came out I was thinking of writing a fanfic that had a Destiny Gundam.

Hopefully if I really write a fanfic this time, you won't see the actual word "Absolution" much since I planned on doing like what characters do in SEED and just let most characters call it Gundam. However I guess calling the fanfic something like "New Mobile Suit: Absolution" is out of the question now.

Actually I might be able to change the name if you want, I have another name I thought up before I made Absolution. "Regenesis" as a sort of new beginning for Gundam as my story is sort of meant to be.
Josh

>:3

Just going to stick with Absolution.

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/1025/abremvb0.jpg

Absolution Gundam - Remil Reneaux Custom. 3 Absolution units are made in my story. The main character (which used to be "Leon Reneaux") gets a modified version of the Absolution. It improves speed by placing higher quality thrusters in place of the original ones, added thrusters on the shoulders (just throught they looked cool), vulcans added to the head, and super cool beam sabers on both arms (the beam comes out the vents). The modded ankle guards were just thrown in for no reason.

I'm not sure what I was thinking for the colors. I originally wanted the traditional red-blue-white but it was looking awful so I decided to just change it to a sort of Crossbone-esce color scheme I guess.

I'll add a pic with the weapons sooner or later.
EZero8

The new color scheme looks great with the new parts on it. And since it's Crossbone-ish, maybe a shot lancer made from scratch will be a good weapon for it? 8)
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Toxicity

That is one hell of a mobile suit Josh. I love the design. Both of the paint jobs are awesome as well. Good Job! :D
Lert

I love the suit .. Just one comment. It's visor is in a "W" shape, right ? I think it'd look considerably more sinister of you made it a "V"shape instead ..
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
Josh

Lert wrote:I love the suit .. Just one comment. It's visor is in a "W" shape, right ? I think it'd look considerably more sinister of you made it a "V"shape instead ..
I don't really know why I made it into a W instead of leaving it as it was. I'll see about changing it into something more "sinister" for all of units.

Thanks loads guys. I feel overjoyed that I finally made a Gundam I and everyone else can be happy with.

EDIT: Modded the visor to a V, along with a little extra.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1606/abremmodlj4.jpg
Ascension

The new sensor arrangement definitely looks more intimidating. I like the color scheme and other changes from the original design as well. What you've got here is a truly great mobile suit.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
The Big Zabowski

:shock:

Well that just blows my s**t right out of the water.. I am truly at awe with what you've done with Simmon's art.

Truly mind blowing with the near perfect custom lines and coloring separation.

Was this done in Paint, or PS?
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Lert

Josh wrote: EDIT: Modded the visor to a V, along with a little extra.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1606/abremmodlj4.jpg
Oh yes, much better. Very, very impressive. I like.
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
Josh

The Big Zabowski wrote::shock:

Well that just blows my s**t right out of the water.. I am truly at awe with what you've done with Simmon's art.

Truly mind blowing with the near perfect custom lines and coloring separation.

Was this done in Paint, or PS?
This means a lot coming from someone who I consider a great franken-maker.

It was done in Photoshop, I can only wish I could make this sort of stuff in Paint.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Most of my frankens were done using MS paint actually, sence I find PS a little complecated to use. I only use Imageready, and that's for recolors.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2