Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Dark Duel

Re: Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

Post by Dark Duel » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:03 am

TINY WING GUNDAM

Watching the last episode of Build Divers: Rise, I saw the Core Gundam II's Core Flyer mode and couldn't get "Tiny Wing Gundam" out of my head. Hence this, a recolor of the Core Gundam II in Wing Gundam-inspired colors :P
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

Deathzealot

Post by Deathzealot » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:25 am

Heh. I didn't even make the jump. Your right now that I look at it more it does kind of look like a mini Wing Gundam doesn't it?

Dark Duel

Post by Dark Duel » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:27 am

It really does. I think the biggest thing is the shape of the Core Shield and the way the gun mounts under it, but even the way its transformation was animated reminded me of Wing.
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

Dark Duel

Post by Dark Duel » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:09 pm

So I've been recently rewatching ReRISE, and I got the sudden urge to do a little photoshopping again, this time with a set of Seltsam and Tertium recolors inspired by the machines they are based on...

MSF-007TE Gundam Tertium
LINKS REMOVED - IMAGES TO BE REUPLOADED

MSF-007SS Gundam Seltsam
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
// GUNPLA THREAD //

Omega

Post by Omega » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:46 am

I swear you produce some maddeningly good stuff Dark Duel XD

Dark Duel

Post by Dark Duel » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:55 am

Thanks. I think next I'm gonna do a set of matching recolors for the new Tertium Advanced. That thing looks awesome.
// GUNPLA THREAD //

Deathzealot

Post by Deathzealot » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:18 pm

Ah. So I was right there are some changes made to the Tertium in the latest episode. Sweet. Okay, cannot wait to see what you come up with, Dark Duel.

Dark Duel

Post by Dark Duel » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:16 pm

Yeah, the Tertium Advanced has new binders equipped to it. I like them - looks even more UC-like than its original equipment, and if anything fits it better.
This first image I just slightly tweaked the colors because the blue on the original lineart was a little too bright IMO. The original Tertium lineart used a slightly darker blue, which I used here.

I did do a few other recolors though:
// GUNPLA THREAD //

Dark Duel

Post by Dark Duel » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:32 pm

Okay, I just went back and took down the various Seltsam/Tertium recolors I'd done because I was working on another set of recolors(Gundam MkII colors) and noticed there were some flaws in the detailing that I went back and fixed.
So I fixed up all that, and put together new pics of the various color schemes, which I then reuploaded.

So first:
Here is Seltsam in Tertium's colors and Tertium in Seltsam's colors, along with Advanced Tertium in the same.

Second batch is a set of variant color schemes of the above two, which ditch the orange/darker blue for a more uniform color scheme.
SELTSAM VARIANT COLOR SCHEME
- Seltsam
- Tertium
- Advanced Tertium
TERTIUM VARIANT COLOR SCHEME
- Seltsam
- Tertium
-Advanced Tertium

Third batch is a set in the two color schemes for the Gundam MkIII
GUNDAM MK-III(ORIGINAL)
- Seltsam
- Tertium
-Advanced Tertium
GUNDAM MK-III(ANAHEIM LOG/UNIT 8)
- Seltsam
- Tertium
-Advanced Tertium

Final batch is a set in the color schemes of the Gundam Mk-II, which is what I was working on when I went back to edit the previous ones. A couple of them aren't quite finished yet, so I'll be reuploading shortly.
EDIT: Well, Flickr is being unexpectedly evil and not letting me reupload the images, so I've had to go to an alternate uploader for the last batch.

- Seltsam, Tertium, and Advanced Tertium in Gundam MkII (AEUG) colors
- Seltsam, Tertium, and Advanced Tertium in Gundam MkII (Titans) colors
// GUNPLA THREAD //