Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Dark Duel

Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

Well, since the other side in which I posted my various bits of work has gone under, I figured I might as well open up a repository for the fruits of my boredom here at mechatalk.

First is a fairly straightforward one, a slight recolor and minor franken of the AMS-129 Geara Zulu I slapped together in Preview(the Mac equivalent of MS Office Picture Manager):
AMS-129C Geara Zulu Command Type. Started out as just a Royal Guard Custom with the stock Zulu shoulder shield, then I made additional changes for no other reason than because I was bored.

TROMBE is now playing in your head. Self-explanatory: Since the games had Huckebein MkIII Trombe, and the EXbein takes the MkIII's role in the latest episode, here's the EXbein Trombe.

I'll try and dig up some of my best older stuff at a later time and post it here as well.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Dark Duel

Re: Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

Well, in a fit of inspiration I did a shop of Mai's Wild Würger L from OG2 using a screenshot from the last episode. I was quite happy with how it turned out, so I took a slightly-cooler pose from the previous ep's Würger launch sequence to create a wallpaper for my Macs:
I actually created two different versions of the wallpaper:
(1) Shows the Hagane in the middle ground, with Mai in the background
(2) No Hagane.

I'll probably be redoing those somehow once we get shots of the Würger with its own weapons rather than carrying a Gespenst peashooter.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Wingnut

They look good, DD. I kinda like the one without the Hagane better out of those two wallpapers.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Dark Duel

Me too, honestly. More emphasis placed on Mai :twisted:
And thanks.

Strike_Rouge_Mk2

I'm gonna have to agree with wingnut. I think also because the mech's lines aren't as funky as they are with the Hagane, the shooping is just much better in the second one.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Dark Duel

Well, I got bored last night doing...whatever, and I started, on a whim, recoloring one of the VS Astray variant suits into the colors of the original. As I went along though, I started changing the paintjob a little bit here and there, which yielded this set of images, completed this morning.

Strike Zero

Neato. The original Saviour colors always did look good.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Dark Duel

Thanks. I also think it underscores how much more awesome the Vent Saviour's head design is IMO than the original.
Still iffy on the wing placement, but the beam sabers being on the upper end of the cannon is a feature of the VS that I really like, as it reminds me of the Gundam X's beam sword being docked at the back end of the Sat Cannon.

EDIT2: Here's a slightly different variant loosely based on the Justices

EDIT: On a manlier note, sheer boredom motivated me to take lineart of the Grungust Type-3 and recolor it into anime Unit 2 colors:
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3214 ... colors.jpg
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6398 ... olors2.jpg
Looks so much nicer than the original/Unit 1 colors IMO.

Dark Duel

Boredom struck again today.
Thoughts?

Strike Zero

At first I looked at it and was like, "Wait, what did you do...?"

Then I saw the Gatling gun, and I was like, "Oooohhh..." :mrgreen:

That's cool. Not surprising that the Weissritter and Alteisen parts mesh well together, considering they come from the same family tree.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Dark Duel

The head is the Alt Eisen's, but with the Weissritter's side fin-things.
The torso is the Weissritter's, but with the little square camera/sensor-thingies on the shoulders from the Alt Eisen
The Shoulders are the Weissritter's, but simplified a bit
The front waist is essentially the Alt Eisen's made skinnier
The legs are the Weissritter's, but with the vent on the outside of the leg from the Alt Eisen
The feet are the AltEisein's made skinnier
The main wings are from the Weissritter
The fin on the upper back is from the Wild Falken
The whole thing is in Weiss-chan's colors, but I'm thinking of changing it eventually.

It all started because while sitting in the throes of intense boredom, I commented to myself that for a supposed "Gespenst MkIII", the Alt looks nothing like a Gespenst.

So I wondered what a more Gespenst-like MkIII would look like, and Weiss-chan felt like a natural place to start. It's got no specs or backstory yet because I wasn't that bored, but if I came up with something it would probably involve an alternate dimension.

Dark Duel

In the same vein as the previous image, here's a slightly different/more buffed-up version primarily using a few bits and pieces from yet another descendent of the Alt/Weiss line.
Not quite happy with how the leg retool came out, but I wasn't bored enough to go back and redo it.

More recently, I tripped across a pretty nicely-done fanart of Wing Ver. Ka/EW recently, and took the opportunity to give it a less ye-stabbing paint scheme. Got two slightly different versions and I wanted to know which y'all think looks better:

Ver 1(blue)
Ver 2 (red)
As usual, feedback is welcome.

Arbiter GUNDAM

I vote for the red Wing Gundam. IT looks really good and I have to admit that I like the Katoki GW suits better.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Dark Duel

I has new stuffs.

1. I did this background of Lemon-sama and the WeißSaber a while back. First time I really experimented with messing with the transparency of layers.
2. More recently, during a bout of intense nostalgia that caused me to go back through and rewatch Zoids CC/GF from beginning to end, I did this similar wallpaper of Reese. I'm less happy with this one.
3. Speaking of Reese, I cobbled together custom lineart of her custom GenoSaurer based on the Kotobukiya HMM manual lineart/sketches. I also evolved it into a custom GenoBreaker.

Thoughts?

Dark Duel

Strike Noir upgrade. I got bored, and instead of kitbashing a Strike upgrade like I recently did with Duel and Buster, I franken'd it.
I'm considering using it for a Gundam Seed Destiny rewrite project I started ages ago in which Sven and Mudie are featured prominently.

Thoughts?

Amadi Akintunde

Not too much to say really. It looks like something of a minor upgrade than anything major or game-changing to me.

Lots of SEED Destiny rewrites going on.

Though I must say that I like that blue Wing Gundam.
Dark Duel

That was kind of the idea - if I end up using it, it would be a minor refit done after the Strike Noir is badly damaged late in the story. I do something similar with the Blu Duel earlier on, but I haven't done lineart for that.

Dark Duel

[Insert pithy comment apologizing for double-post here]

Ahem...Thanks to Wingnut providing the source material, I've been able to work on a wallpaper of the Strike Freedom from my fanfic project.
It's not all that different from the canon design, but the inner frame is grey rather than gold and I tweaked the wing design in such a way that it is able to use the WoL in the atmosphere by relocating the thrusters to the underside of each wing unit instead of where they are on the canon design(aka, the DRAGOON hardpoint :roll: )
Problem is, I can't make up my mind on the color:
- Pink, like Destiny?
- Blue, like it is in canon?
- Gold/yellow?
So I did all three, and I'd like to know what y'all think.

Amadi Akintunde

I'm gonna vote blue. The other colors just seem terribly gimmicky and unnecessary in comparison. And it doesn't clash with the overall design.
Dark Duel

Hmm...after tinkering with it a little bit more, I would have to agree that the blue looks best.
Thanks.
Thoughts?