Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Dark Duel

Re: Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

Took down the previous images, because I completed a full set of images of the GMs in both regular and a modified "Gundam Head" variant.

Links below:

REGULAR: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/489 ... f4be_c.jpg
GUNDAM HEAD: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/489 ... bb61_c.jpg
Last edited by Dark Duel on Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
zerg171

Grate Gundam head variant,and speaking of gm variants what do you think of this gm https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/RGM-86RF_GM_III_Powered .
Deathzealot

Nice! Those look really good Dark Duel...
Omega

Out of curiosity Dark Duel, because of your IBO stuff I was wondering...

What would you see for Gundam Frame number 37, the Phenex?

Also, really good job there with the GM lineage in Unicorn style :)
Dark Duel

I've honestly given very little thought to the numerous unknown G-Frames from IBO apart from one or two customs I put together from existing models.
I would imagine that Phenex would probably be a model that is flight capable due to the phonetic and symbolic association with the Phoenix. So perhaps something similar to Bael in terms of general shape, but possibly fitted with more ranged armament.

TBQH, Phenex was one of several names I considered for that custom Gundam Frame I did before I ended up settling on Asmodai instead.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Dark Duel

And now for something a little different:
Black Valkylander

Just felt like doing something in a more uniform color scheme, and this is how it turned out.

Was going for "regal", but it ended up looking a little "evil", didn't it? Whoops.

Gardner1701

What's your flicker account name?
Dark Duel

DrachenRitter42.

Anyway, been a while since I did anything really all that good - been working on some stuff, but none of it finished. Recently I've just been occasionally doing quick stuff that happened to strike my fancy, such as this image of a red Gundam MkIII next to a similarly-colored Delta Gundam. The Delta Gundam was already red, I just took the MkIII and recolored it to match instead of its default purple.

I also recently did this edit of pics of Ford Romfellow and Chris Mackenzie, which originally started as something completely different and then turned into a Macross reference.
BTW, that is probably my all-time favorite UC normal suit design. Shame we don't see it more.

For some reason, I see them piloting something like these

Dark Duel

So I just did a
Gundam Seltsam recolor, which ditches the orange on the wing and right arm in favor of a more unified color scheme. I may have done something like this before, not sure, but I couldn't find it, so I did it again.
EDIT 28DEC19: I also tweaked the color of the lance slightly because the green was starting to slightly bug me.

And here's its predecessor, the Gundam Tertium, in the same colors.

LINKS REMOVED - IMAGES TO BE REUPLOADED
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dark Duel

And just to keep the theme going, I dida recolor of the Tertium that recolors the blue wing to match the torso, similarly to the Seltsam variant I posted previously...I also slightly tweaked the color of the lance.

...and a recolor of Seltsam itself, in the same color scheme

LINKS REMOVED - IMAGES TO BE REUPLOADED
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Duel

So a few months back, I couldn't sleep, was reading GotL, and got into my head to recolor the Tallgeese F into Treize's Tallgeese II colors. This was the result

Since then, I've been working off and on on cleaning up this image of Tallgeese F, and I just finished it today:

OZ-00MS Tallgeese Flugel w/ Heat Lance(cleaned up)

And, after reading Vol14 of GotL earlier, I decided instead of just recoloring it, I would edit it a bit further:

OZ-00MS2 Tallgeese II Flugel w/ Heat Saber
I'm not super happy with how the Heat Saber turned out, but apart from that I like how it ended up.

OZ-00MS2 Tallgeese II Flugel w/ Heat Lance. I think I prefer it with the lance, honestly.

Dark Duel

So, a little while back, I revisited the wiki I'd put together for my old GSD fanfic and finally started putting together Flight Mode lineart for the ZGMF-XY29R Knight Saviour, Athrun's machine after the original Saviour's destruction.
It's still a work in progress for now, but at least it's something. I had started working on this years ago, but lost the original file when my old computer died.

I also went back to the page for the YMF-3000 DOM Trooper, because one thing I wanted to do was to modify the lineart of Heine's custom unit. I originally had it in just basic configuration, but the only time he deploys in that machine, he had it equipped with a Tempest Wizard(An high mobility pack used developed for the ZAKU Warrior that grants it atmospheric flight capability on Earth).
The DOM's too heavy to fly on Earth even with it equipped, but in space it works to make the already maneuverable DOM even moreso. so this is what it looks like.
I also did a pic of the standard model equipped with the Blaze Wizard, since the Minerva deploys DOM Troopers in the series so equipped on one or two occasions in the story.

And yes, the beam saber still remains even when a Wizard Pack is equipped on this version. This is because unlike the canon version, the beam saber is mounted on the main body, not on a separate pack that occupies the Wizard Pack hardpoint.

Deathzealot

You know speaking of the DOM. If I ever get around to doing my own Destiny rewrite the DOM is going to be the main mobile suit of the TSA/Clyne Faction/Terminal. In two different models.
Dark Duel

That so? I went in a different direction with the DOM myself - I made it a pre-production prototype that's just been rolled out as a possible replacement for the BuCUE and GaZuOOT (hence the "YMF" model number as opposed to the already-entering-mass-production ZGMF-1000 and ZGMF-2000). When the story begins, only about a dozen or so prototypes have been built, two of which end up on the Minerva while three are stolen by the TSA. As more are produced, the Minerva gets a few in standard colors.

I only have a singular model, but as it's Wizard Pack compatible, it can fill a variety of different roles. I'd be curious to hear what the two different models you would use would be.

Deathzealot

First of all. Ugh. I just wrote a large post explaining everything about my version of the DOM and it didn't post due to some issues I have been having with various forums online. Grumble.

Alright. Yes. I remember reading your story. It was interesting but I didn't like some parts of the story. I understand why you did some things in the story but I didn't like them. Hence. I don't think I would read it again I am sorry to say. Sigh.

That said. Here is a brief look into my own version of the DOM Trooper.

-o-o-o-o-

ZGMF-009T DOM Trooper

First, of all, you need to understand that this version would be a mass-produced Grunt mobile suit for the use of the TSA/Clyne Faction. While not produced in the numbers of ZAFT's ZAKU or the Alliance's Windam it is still produced in some pretty large numbers. A couple of these units are onboard the Archangel when she launches after Lacus is almost killed by a Spec-Ops Team.

Thanks to this the DOM Troopers are both similar and different from the canon version of the mobile suit. For one. It regularly uses different Wizard Packs. Though no. These are not going to the same ones used by ZAFT. Instead, they have the regular EZ Pack, the go-to pack for the Trooper. It is basically the same as the canon version though it wouldn't be equipped with the Giga-Launcher replacing it with a regular-old heavy beam rifle. Then it has a flight-capable pack that allows the DOM to fly. Unlike your version of the Tempest Pack, this one is a toned-down version of the Freedom's Flight Unit. Then they have the heavy weapon pack which is heavily based on the old Launcher Pack from the Strike and includes a few extras.

Now for equipment. The Trooper sports a high-end battery set which is easily able to power everything on the mobile suit. It also sports the same forearm mounted beam shields of the canon version which gives the basic Trooper some good defense. Though these beam shields are smaller and shaped as small bucklers. The only thing it doesn't have is the Screaming Nimbus which prevents the Trooper from doing the Jet Stream Attack.

All in all. It is basically the SEED version of the MS-09F Dom Funf from the Zeonic Front game just with a pair of Beam Shields.

-o-o-o-o-

ZGMF-009C DOM Commander

Now we got the second variant which is for the use of commanders and aces. Only a handful are ever produced due to some issues with its equipment. Around nine to a dozen machines are produced. Also, I am still trying to figure out a better name for this unit.

For weapons, it has everything the regular Trooper has including a couple Wizard Packs that are made entirely for its own use. This includes a heavier version of the EZ Pack which includes a few extra thrusters and paired beam sabers along with the Giga-Launcher. A second DOM Commander use Wizard pack would be a shrunken down version of the Dreadnaughts DRAGOON Pack. Though that one has only had a couple of them built. A third Wizard Pack would be based somewhat on the Original Spec's Knight Wizard Pack just without the lance and replaces it with a second Giga-Launcher. Though these weapons won't be Giga-Launcher buts large bazooka units which are belt feed from the backpack. This Wizard is meant to combat enemy ships and a heavy amount of enemy mobile suits.

As for equipment the DOM Commander again sports everything the Trooper has plus a few extras. For the Commander, this includes the same Hyper-Deuterion Engine as the Strike Freedom and the Infinite Justice giving it enough power to be able to use everything. It also sports the Screaming Nimbus which is only defensive in nature for this version of it. It also has larger beam shields which combined with the Screaming Nimbus pretty much makes it quite superior in protection over anything else. I also wanted to make it sport Variable Phase Shift Armor but I think that would be a bit much so I dropped that.

Unlike the Trooper which is rolled out right on the eve of the Second Bloody Valentine War the DOM Commander wasn't ready just yet due to some bugs. They are ready just in time for ZAFT's assault on Orb and seven of these units are dropped onto Orb along with dozens of regular DOM Troopers to help protect Orb.

-o-o-o-o-

All-in-all. I originally came up with this idea when I was rewatching ZAFT's attack on Orb for like the seventh time or so and I was like it is kind of lame that the Clyne Faction was only able to send three regular mobile suits plus the two Gundams to help Orb in its time of need. This became even larger when I remember that the three units of the Trio had unit numbers that gave evidence that there were more units out there than just those three. Other than these units I also had a few other ideas for the story itself. While it would follow the series mostly it would change a lot of stuff as the story goes on. For example. The TSA won't interfere with the Minerva and its fight against the Orb fleet. It is to busy making a ruckus for the Alliance in the Pacific. Though that will change for the second battle with the Archangel arriving and Cagalli trying to get the Fleet to stand down. It doesn't happen thanks to the Alliance being dicks and Yuna letting them. The Archangel then pulls back not wanting to make things harder with a three-way battle.

Anyways. That is enough for now. If I continue on I will double the word count of this post. Sigh. Besides you only wanted to know about my version of the DOM.
Dark Duel

That's pretty interesting.

On another note, I revisited another old custom project of mine from years ago, which was a modification of the General Revil from Unicorn.

It bugged me a bit that the Revil lost the two big lateral dual cannons of its sister-ship, but I liked that it had extra smaller dual guns. So years ago, I'd modded the lineart to keep the two extra small ones, but regain the big guns.
I'd been meaning for a while to recreate that using the better-resolution OVA lineart(as I'd done with my custom Unicorn/Banshee mod a while back) but never got around to it...

...until now.
I did change the placement of the relocated small dual guns from my original mod though; I put one of them to the outside of the engine block facing forward, and put the second one on the hull just inside it, covering the stern arcs. I also added a pair of AA turrets to the rear of the superstructure, on top of that.
And here it is in the original mod's blue colors

I also did a couple of extra color schemes as well:
Black. Ends up looking rather Titans-like in these colors.
White. Was going off the Pegasus-class for this one, but it ends up highlighting even more how much the DG-class looks like a scaled-up Birmingham, doesn't it?

Dark Duel

MSZ-010A1 Theta Plus recolor in Gundam-style colors. Based it on the original ZZ Gundam.

Dark Duel

ELDORA ARMY RECOLORS
And a slight modification on one or two, but basically it's the entire Eldora Army lineup, with a color scheme based on that of the Death Army line(Primarily the basic Death Army) from G Gundam

Dark Duel

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/496 ... 14a0_b.jpg

I really like the Gundam Ground Type-GS from Thunderbolt, but I hate its ginormous backpack. This was an experiment in putting together an alternate variant that used a modified version of the GM Ground Type-C(also from Thunderbolt)'s backpack, modified with the Ground GS's beam saber racks plus two main thrusters instead of just one. The dual beam rifle and feet are from the GM Gundam Head.
I did a GM version as well for shits and giggles. Identical except for the head and the fact that its backpack has only a single main thruster.

Both in colors inspired by the Ground Type Gundam and GM respectively, from 08th MS Team. They retain the "Type-GS" designation because it's two in the morning and I'm too lazy to make up a different model number for these.

Oh, and here they are in color schemes loosely based on those of the Ez8 and GM Sniper respectively: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/496 ... 66ce_b.jpg

Dark Duel

JMF1517SB/GF15-01NJ Burning Gundam

A recolor and slight edit of the SB-011 Star Burning Gundam, I imagine it as being a new Mobile Fighter developed from the Shining/Rising Gundam for the 15th Gundam Fight, after Domon won the 13th and 14th in the God Gundam before retiring as Neo-Japan's Gundam Fighter.
Not only that, but it's specifically built from the salvaged remains of the Shining Gundam.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.