My Wallpapers - 12/17/15 - Site Updated

The place to share your artwork.
Phoenix

Strike Zero wrote: That reminds me: I was going to tell y'all about a little something a while ago, but then totally forgot about it until now =P. One fateful day, I was fortunate enough to happen upon a fairly large dump of Gundam Wing scans. During my perusal of said dump, I was shocked to discover that there are actually not one, but two parts to that image of the Wing Zero. Yeah.

The first half, which you already have, is here. The second half is here.

Not sure if you'll want to do anything with it at this point since you seem to be so far along with the first half (looking very nice, by the way =) ), but there you go.

*stares and rereads over and over again*

After a 2 second discussion with my BF, who is helping me with this project (he vectored it for me to color) we both decided "HELL NO." Fans will forever know of only the LEFT side of that scan. I say burn any images you see of the right side. It does not exist!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

*throws a hammer at your head for not telling me sooner* :twisted:
Strike Zero

Re: My Wallpapers - 02/23/10 - Progress Updated

Wait, no, AAUGH~!!

*is abruptly silenced as the hammer smashes his cranium with a loud squishing noise*
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Phoenix

Re: My Wallpapers - 04/16/10 - Progress Updated

AFTER TWO YEARS... HERE IT IS~~~!

http://www.theforgottenlair.net/Wallpapers/msgw.php

As you can see, its original resolution is HD... 1920x1080... But it looks fine in every other way I guess...

Please take a look at the work me and my boyfriend went through to do this LOL...

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8444/m ... ngzero.jpg

It was worth it. Fantastic scan... And now that's a wrap... XD
Last edited by Phoenix on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Has it really been two years?? I guess patience pays off! :lol:

I had no idea you guys actually went through the trouble of redrawing the entire image! That in itself was probably a massive endeavor. Thanks so much for working on this, Phoenix. Give your boyfriend a high five for me. :P (Oh, and give him a little thumbs up for netting such an awesome girlfriend.) *suspicious* >,>

The broken Serpent and the colony battle in the background were nice touches. Is that the 'Mona Lisa' you were referring to? I really don't know. The Wing Zero itself looks amazing. I'd never be able to vector something so well. This does give the image a more 'drawn' look than your other walls which approach photorealism. To me the gold sparks seem slightly unnatural. Whenever I see sparks, my mind automatically tries to identify where they're coming from, but I can't find a real source here. Everywhere, maybe?

You know, back when I watched the livestream for this thing, I was expecting to watch you fill the oceans, move mountains, and paint the sky. But I found you painfully filling in little highlights instead, lol. It humbled me, to be honest. Godlike powers are more meaningful when you have to put in that much effort. While it tells me how much further I could go, it also tells me it's an attainable goal. Thanks for showing us that.

Thanks again for the awesome wall, Phoenix. I'm glad I could inspire this project of great suffering, lol. The 'making of' really made me laugh.

(And I'll get back to you on those PS tips if I can ever find the time!!) x,x
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Phoenix

1.5 rounds to 2 LOL. Yea, you really couldn't do much with that scan if you didn't redraw it... I mean you COULD just slap it on a new background but... No, you have to remake it from scratch...

Mona Lisa was a joke. Couldn't tell from the rest of the steps? XD Sparks - since when does space have explosions? XD This wasn't for photo realism this time. My bf is an illustrator student so when you combine his style with my own (you can visit his site at http://www.pyro-tekniks.com/ ) you get a semi realistic drawn style... If that makes sense...

Details details details! XD Glad you enjoyed. :P

P.S. Did YOU spot the mistake on the scan? Here's a hint, I recolored it on my wallpaper... The illustrator drew something very wrong on that original scan...
Phoenix

It's been three days. I'll just post the answer to the riddle above in case anyone decides to read this thread again...

In the original scan, floating next to the right arm looks like the original Wing Zero's (NOT CUSTOMED) yellow glass window/cockpit/whatever you call it in flight mode area. (It becomes part of the shield when transformed.) In the Wing Zero Custom that part does not exist... So I turned it green so that we can pretend it's the cockpit/chest area...

I can't believe no one spotted that... And that the illustrator didn't realize that...
Turinu

Actually, that's most likely part of it's missing shoulder. =X
Phoenix

It's most likely NOT the shoulder because it's too round, not a thin streak outlining the parts on the shoulder. I'm pretty sure it's a mistake on the illustrator's part.
Phoenix

After three thousand years, I finally come back to make an update to my dusty thread... Anyway I've been busy but I thought I'd post this from a while back. It's somewhat tech-ish and therefore close to mech?

http://www.theforgottenlair.net/wallpapers/redjuice/

Also wondering what you people thought of the new site layout, if you remember me at all... Thanks.

- Phoenix
Phoenix

Re: My Wallpapers - 04/16/11 - Site Updated

mods please delete this
Phoenix

Re: My Wallpapers - 11/09/11 - Site Updated

Does anyone even post here anymore? Anyway, due to the random traffic I get to my site from here, I guess it means people are still visiting my thread...

My latest wallpaper features the characters of the new series, Guilty Crown. Widescreen and HD res only.

http://www.theforgottenlair.net/wallpap ... lty-crown/
Phoenix

Woah, I haven't been here for years but I did do another Gundam wallpaper... Happy New Year!

NEW Char's Counterattack Wallpaper
Phoenix

Well it's been a year and so that means a new Gundam Wallpaper from me! :D (I really should find the time and inspiration to do more...)

This time it's from Gundam Unicorn. This was actually a year long's WIP because of time and laziness... Hope you enjoy the work I put into it. :D You can see a glimpse WIP on the page.

Wallpaper Here