Mobile Suit Grunt Wars CE. 70 custom MS designs

The place to share your artwork.
ydawg314

Mobile Suit Grunt Wars CE. 70 custom MS designs

As some of you know I've been working on a game called mobile suit grunt wars. The topic can be found here in the games section

...because I need help thinking up designs I am going to allow people to come up with design of custom mass production modified ms for my game. Ill pick the best ones and then add them to my game.

criteria:
-If your design features equipment which would not exist in the CE era provide a description of it (maybe a story?).
-MS must look like they were created by either zaft or alliance factions (modifications of mass production suits would be best)
-To submit your idea you can simply make a franken suit or provide a detail description as too how I should modify an existing suit.
DAG101

Okay, I've got a semi-customized ZAFT suit:

The ZGMF-1017M GINN High Maneuver Type variation that's going to be used in my scenario, when I get around to drawing up maps. ZGMF-1017M/WTT GINN High Maneuver Experimental Weapons Type. Dark blue in colour (I'll try and do a more detailed recoloured image, if you need it), this machine replaces the standard bayonet assault rifle for a smaller machine gun, and a prototype beam rifle. The beam rifle mounts a small bayonet for limited melee combat abilites.

I hope this is the sort of thing you were looking for. I'll make the 'final boss' of my scenario--either a high-end 105 Dagger variation, or perhaps an MA of some sort--with an image later, and post it
ydawg314

I'm looking forward to seeing that dagger.
Nightwing03

Well...the only MP units that are decent that i have frankened are my Leo Blaze Trooper and Wolf Panzer Trooper

The Leo Blaze Trooper carries a Tri-Assault weapon system mounted on it's right arm (our left) which includes a beam cannon and 2 rockets. Not really CE tech but IIRC the Blitz had something similar on its arm.

The Wolf Panzer Trooper's Beam cannon is derived from the Buster's beam cannon. Also you cant see it but it stores missiles in it's chest.
♣♦♠♥
Turinu

Y'know, I just happen to have a Martian-Inspired Mass Production Astray you could use, called the MaVAS (Mars Variable Assault Suit). Pretty much it was a Martian-made MS built in a similar aesthetic style to an Astray unit (As the Astray units produced by Orb were being used on Mars in the RPG I made them for).

So they're technically Gundam SEED designs.

MaVAS Red
MaVAS Blue

The MaVAS series is fairly maneuverable in the atmosphere due to the addition of skirt wings with thrusters on them. The base unit however has only limited atmospheric flight just using these; it's only capable of decent high-speed aerial maneuvers when it equips the Astray's flight unit.

The knees each sport high-powered missiles (nothing too fancy) as a sort of secondary last-resort weapon, whereas it's standard armaments consist of a pair of compact charged rifles. They're pretty much mid-ranged weapons designed to build a powerful charge in them and then fire, or they can fire normally. Think Mega Man X's X-Buster, except in the form of a rifle :P. It can also utilize any weapons that an Astray model can use, such as the Astray's beam rifle or it's standard shield.

It's arms would normally sport a pair of beam shields, but unfortunately that may be too advanced for the particular era this game is taking place. Rather, I guess they can be used as a means to disperse a cheap and efficient anti-beam coating across the unit in order to dampen the affects of beam shots on the body, making it a decently beam-resistant unit.

-----

I also have my own "Blitz Dagger" that's sort of different from the N Dagger N (Made before the N Dagger N, mind you >_>.)

Blitz Dagger

It was pretty much a base Strike Dagger Unit equipped with Blitz Gundam's armaments and aesthetics (Though somewhat scaled down or modified). It utilized small quantities of Mirage Colloid to fool enemy sensors, though it was incapable of turning invisible. It's shield kept the beam rifle and beam saber combination but removed the Lancer Darts in favor of a second beam rifle barrel. It also features an extended compact battery in the weapon as not to cause too heavy of a drain on the unit's primary energy source (God this design is an oldie, I should remake D:.).

I was originally trying to design it using a pair of the same shields, but at the time I couldn't find any good lineart of the shield I could place on the other arm, so I made due with the Trikeros. :P
ydawg314

By the way any suit I use will have its designer featured in the credits.

@ Nightwing03
while those are really cool designs they have nothing to do with gundam seed which my game is based on. The first one even has a GN drive!?! But thanks for submitting them.

@ Shori
While I really like the astray designs I am currently focusing on the alliance and zaft. But It would be really cool to pilot in the game i think. Ill try and add it in and work it into the story line. I could possibly make it a boss unit at the end of the zaft campaign.

As for the blitz Dagger... I really like it. I think it would be cooler with two shields and maybe two anchors at the hips. But I might be cumbersome to use the weapons. I thought about making it control like the playstation game chars counter attack. In the game you would press a bout and switch battle modes (melee,range). Or I could make the player manually select the weapon/shield they want to use. I just dont know how I would make use of all the weapons in the shield without making it look ugly. Either way this would be a cool suit.
ORegan

I think two shields on teh blitz dagger would kill the design. But as for it having too many weapons, all it has is a two barrel beam rifle and a beam saber. The fun little exploding spikes are gone, so maybe you can make it fire two beams at once, or have the beams alternate when fired?

Oh and it also has a crotch beam from the looks of it.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
ydawg314

Yeah I would keep the spike things on but then there would be no kind of improvement from the original. Ok so ill stick to this design. However should the suit have more thrusters? I think the blitz was a melee suit as well as reconnaissance so it being fast might make more sense

As for the cloaking system should I make the suit look a little different. I like the fact that you said it didn't have full invisibility but should I make it a little bit opaque so that you can tell when your using it.

I think I'm going to make the anchor able to crush equipment on other ms it grapples. For example if your fighting a suit with a shield you can crush it and break it off thus exposing your enemy.
ORegan

ydawg314 wrote: I think I'm going to make the anchor able to crush equipment on other ms it grapples. For example if your fighting a suit with a shield you can crush it and break it off thus exposing your enemy.
For mecha games, that is a huge hindering ability. Armored Core flirted with that idea, and it failed miserably.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Turinu

ydawg314 wrote:As for the cloaking system should I make the suit look a little different. I like the fact that you said it didn't have full invisibility but should I make it a little bit opaque so that you can tell when your using it.

I think I'm going to make the anchor able to crush equipment on other ms it grapples. For example if your fighting a suit with a shield you can crush it and break it off thus exposing your enemy.
Aye, when it comes to it's invisibility it should trigger a command in enemy mobile suits that prevent them from firing at it unless it's like, in direct view. Decreasing it's opacity so it's semi-invisible would be a great way to denote that the system is active.

As for the anchor crushing parts, it doesn't sound like too bad of an idea. This game could be considered fairly different from Armored Core, so you may be able to implement such in a better fashion than Armored Core's breakable parts.
Nightwing03

Heh, well looky what i found here, my older frankens.
Chaos Dagger
Abyss Dagger

No explanation needed i guess?
♣♦♠♥
ydawg314

My game already had breakable parts. If you play the gameplay test you will see that the shield that the strike dagger features can be blown away. This is to eliminate any possibility that the suit can be invincible.

The chaos looks really good. Right now Ive been focusing solely on seed and msv suits but if I ever get to destiny ill add them in.
Wingnut

Nightwing03 wrote:Heh, well looky what i found here, my older frankens.
Chaos Dagger
Abyss Dagger

No explanation needed i guess?
Actually there is an explanation needed. Why did you link to the same machine twice?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Turinu

Here be the actual link to the Abyss Dagger.
Nightwing03

Woops my mistake -- copy and paste error :mrgreen:
♣♦♠♥
ydawg314

ok so i have started working on the blitz dagger. I will probably finish it and post picture up by Friday.

One mode that Ive been thinking about is the forbidden dagger. Note that this is different from the forbidden blue or the other aquatic suits as this one is solely based off of the forbidden.

This is pretty much a dagger with a forbidden backpack installed so that it can deflect, curve, and,bend beams. You will even be able to curve beams which come from your beam rifles.

I'm still deciding whether to make it come with a beam scythe or a beam rifle.
Turinu

I'm sure someone around here has actually designed a Forbidden Dagger. If I remember correctly, that is. I remember someone went around making MP designs of all the SEED Gundams. Maybe it was Draco?
ydawg314

If you find that topic let me know but ill look for it.
Turinu

Well, he made a Calamity Dagger and a Sword Calamity Dagger, but I can't find anything else. I suggest asking him before using their design, though.
ydawg314

Yeah Ill ask him. The link you posted don't work but I just saw them while searching soo...