Gundam Ver. PT

The place to share your artwork.
Norsehound

Gundam Ver. PT

Since my dip back into Gundam fandom I've had the urge to re-design some of the more mediocre designs of the Gundam Franchise. Don't get me wrong, I respect the "Legendary" status of Okawara's Gundam... but I feel his designs have gotten stale over the years, and need a redesign.

I started with the Zaku, but then other mobile suits started to find themselves under my pen. To date, I think I've nailed every star Zeon Mobile Suit with some kind of re-design. Even re-designs of the re-designs are being considered.

All this I call "version PT", following the 'Ver KA' nomenclature Katoki follows with his redesigns. I know I'm a lowly American, but it's my art :P

MS-06F (Early drawing)
MS-06A
MS-06S Char Aznable custom
MS-07B
MS-09
YMS-15
MS-14A

After this initial run of designs I considered refining them to make them actually workable, as well as providing more information about them. Designs following this 're-do' of the MS-06, thus, had some thought as to how they'd walk, over how they just appeared.

MS-06F ver 2.
MS-06S Char's Custom ver. 2
MS-06F Shin Matsunaga custom (used to show off the new shadows)
MS-15S Gyan
MS-15S Gyan M.P. Fenrir custom
MSN-02 Zeong
MA-08 Byg Zam + MA-09 Little Zam

Eventually I intend on drawing some of the Federal suits, but I'm having a problem coming up with the 'character' of the Federation. Zeon comes easy to me since my other mecha (Axels and ARX series of original designs) are naturally ugly and mean-looking... which fits the Zeon character.

These designs were mostly spurred by the thread on the Relicnews forums, which I frequent. After posting that first Zaku design, someone else thought a Gundam redesign thread was necessary :) The designs can also be seen at my gallery on my Deviantart portfolio.

Thank you for your attention :)
Art at: Norsehound.deviantart.com
Kylern

would it be blasphamous to say I actually prefer that rendering of the original Zeon units better? Their so much meaner looking and kind of gets rid of my SD Zaku nightmares...

But seriously good job...
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
j-mack

thats one mean looking Zeong...good job :)
Meteoid

I like how they're sorta hunched over and animalistic. It makes them look so much more threatening.

If I could make a suggestion, the Fed suits could stay with their normal humanoid shape, but more sleek and streamlined, you know, as a counterpart to those hulking Zeon suits

Really good work though, you should be proud.
T.V.

Pretty cool to see some alternate takes on everyone's favourite bell bottom baddies. :)

I'm always interested in seeing different interpretations, of only for the creative effort.
Looking forward to the Pt Feddies. ;)

Feddies (GMs) look mostly "glossy utilitarian" to me..
I'd almost say they look like US sport jocks (American Football?) vs. Zeon's Wehrmacht cyclopses.
GM: "I'm a good guy, so I don't nééd bad ass camo.. ARGHH!!"
Gundam: >.> <.<; "I'm THE good guy. Plot armor comes standard."

P.S.
I always wondered how the heck a Zaku can look upward with its monoeye, considering they manoeuver near Superman style through space..
Norsehound

For the Feddies I think I want to go with something blocky and utilitarian... think Junji Okubo from Steel Battalion.

That isn't to say I'll be copying For the Barrel, though :)
V2Buster

s'good stuff, I like it. The Zakus have a nice grunty look to them, though I think you lost part of the Knight in armor look with the Gyan by going for the more alien type look.

Planning on doing some scenes with them once you got the Feddies drawn up?
Dynames

VERY NICE!! dude I love them they lock just awesome, hope to see some feddie ones
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBQvDu2KCk
One reason why 0083 Stardust Memory is one of the Best
Draco Starcloud

I like your redesigns. They remind me of Metal Gears in proportions and the Devil Gundam in stance.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
BlueRhapsody

did you used a tablet to make those drawings?
Norsehound

Of course.

Though part of me wonders if I should return to hand drawing and scan them in to work on them that way. Somehow I have more control over fine lines and detail by hand than I do with a tablet.
Heretic

I’m rather impressed with these; I’ve also been lurking around on the relic news forums and noticed you have a little fiction posted. I think it would be nice if you shared a bit of that with our Fan Fiction section, because I like what I’ve read so far and I think there are plenty of others who will enjoy it here as well.
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Norsehound

Hmm... I don't think it's appropriate to post my fanfiction here. I have little tidbits on the re-takes of the Gundam designs that I did, but it's minor variations on what 'canon' is in the Gundam world.

The other fanfiction I've done (On Relic especially) is for and from the Homeworld universe. This seems to be more of a Gundam-centric place, and I don't have anything solid on a Gundam fanfiction for the moment to share here.
Heretic

The Fan fiction section is not strictly gundam or mecha per say, sci-fi (Especially when written well) is welcome, its just nobody has posted any yet.

At least a post in our FF section with links to your work. Please?
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!