Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Dark Duel

Re: Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

TINY WING GUNDAM

Watching the last episode of Build Divers: Rise, I saw the Core Gundam II's Core Flyer mode and couldn't get "Tiny Wing Gundam" out of my head. Hence this, a recolor of the Core Gundam II in Wing Gundam-inspired colors :P
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deathzealot

Heh. I didn't even make the jump. Your right now that I look at it more it does kind of look like a mini Wing Gundam doesn't it?
Dark Duel

It really does. I think the biggest thing is the shape of the Core Shield and the way the gun mounts under it, but even the way its transformation was animated reminded me of Wing.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Dark Duel

So I've been recently rewatching ReRISE, and I got the sudden urge to do a little photoshopping again, this time with a set of Seltsam and Tertium recolors inspired by the machines they are based on...

MSF-007TE Gundam Tertium
LINKS REMOVED - IMAGES TO BE REUPLOADED

MSF-007SS Gundam Seltsam
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omega

I swear you produce some maddeningly good stuff Dark Duel XD
Dark Duel

Thanks. I think next I'm gonna do a set of matching recolors for the new Tertium Advanced. That thing looks awesome.

Deathzealot

Ah. So I was right there are some changes made to the Tertium in the latest episode. Sweet. Okay, cannot wait to see what you come up with, Dark Duel.
Dark Duel

Yeah, the Tertium Advanced has new binders equipped to it. I like them - looks even more UC-like than its original equipment, and if anything fits it better.
This first image I just slightly tweaked the colors because the blue on the original lineart was a little too bright IMO. The original Tertium lineart used a slightly darker blue, which I used here.

I did do a few other recolors though:

Dark Duel

Okay, I just went back and took down the various Seltsam/Tertium recolors I'd done because I was working on another set of recolors(Gundam MkII colors) and noticed there were some flaws in the detailing that I went back and fixed.
So I fixed up all that, and put together new pics of the various color schemes, which I then reuploaded.

So first:
Here is Seltsam in Tertium's colors and Tertium in Seltsam's colors, along with Advanced Tertium in the same.

Second batch is a set of variant color schemes of the above two, which ditch the orange/darker blue for a more uniform color scheme.
SELTSAM VARIANT COLOR SCHEME
- Seltsam
- Tertium
- Advanced Tertium
TERTIUM VARIANT COLOR SCHEME
- Seltsam
- Tertium
-Advanced Tertium

Third batch is a set in the two color schemes for the Gundam MkIII
GUNDAM MK-III(ORIGINAL)
- Seltsam
- Tertium
-Advanced Tertium
GUNDAM MK-III(ANAHEIM LOG/UNIT 8)
- Seltsam
- Tertium
-Advanced Tertium

Final batch is a set in the color schemes of the Gundam Mk-II, which is what I was working on when I went back to edit the previous ones. A couple of them aren't quite finished yet, so I'll be reuploading shortly.
EDIT: Well, Flickr is being unexpectedly evil and not letting me reupload the images, so I've had to go to an alternate uploader for the last batch.

- Seltsam, Tertium, and Advanced Tertium in Gundam MkII (AEUG) colors
- Seltsam, Tertium, and Advanced Tertium in Gundam MkII (Titans) colors

Dark Duel

Okay, so I've recently been rewatching Gundam X for the nth time. And as I'm watching, I remembered an idea I had back when *Build Fighters* was airing.
See, I rather liked the new backpack of the GX-9999 Gundam X Maoh, but I really didn't like its head design. And I kinda wondered how that backpack would look on the regular GX main body.

This idea re-occurred to me, and as I was looking over photos of the kits and I saw it has one dinky beam saber mounted on the lower backpack, I got the idea to replace that with the X-Divider's, which has the same beam sword as the GX instead. So I put together this:

GX-9900-M Gundam X Modified<LINK REMOVED - SEE NEW LINK IN NEXT POST>. The X Maoh's backpack on the regular GX main body. It's hard to see because the arm's in the way, but the bottom of the backpack mounts the X-Divider's beam sword mount.
My thinking is that its default configuration mounts the pair of them, and that one of them can be removed to equip the Satellite Cannon(which has its own beam sword hardpoint on the back). I might do a rear-view at some point that showcases the modifications a little better.

And yeah, I know that name sucks. I can't think of a better one ATM.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dark Duel

Front and rear view of the aforementioned GX variant:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/506 ... 475b_z.jpg
Last edited by Dark Duel on Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Duel

And a version in a custom blue-and-gold color scheme:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/506 ... a997_z.jpg

Omega

I like how in a way, the new GX's alt color scheme looks like Titans colors
Dark Duel

Eh, I suppose it does a bit. Not really what I was going for though.

Dark Duel

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/511 ... bbe4_c.jpg

Never been terribly fond of Cherudim's skinny little legs, so I set out to give it legs that would be a bit beefier, see how it looked. I ended up using Cherudim SAGA as a base because I like its head design better, and made one or two other changes as I went along.

I used a lot from Cherudim and SAGA, and a few parts from both the finalized movie version and the original concept version of Zabanya. Rather like how it turned out.
Instead of the Shield Bits on the knees, this one retains the concealed missile launcher of the Dynames, and two Shield Bits are stored on each shoulder. The GN Sniper Rifle II is stored in its folded SMG configuration in a compartment on its outer leg(It has two such compartment, meaning it can carry two of them, though it typically only uses one at a time)
Last edited by Dark Duel on Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Duel

And to go along with that custom Cherudim, I whipped up a corresponding variant of the Cherudim HW/R Type
I changed the way the Bits are mounted because I don't like how the original GNHW/R stacks all the Shield Bits on one side, so instead four of the Shield Bits and one of the Rifle Bits are mounted to a new hardpoint on each side of the backpack, with the remaining Shield Bits still in the same place on the rear waist, and the other four Rifle Bits on the shoulders. It also has new shoulders with a built-in 6-tube GN Missile Launcher on each side, because why not?

Dark Duel

And continuing along the same lines, this time it's the GNT-003 Gundam Arios, an alternate take on the Gundam Arios from 00S2, because while there are some parts of Arios's design that I did like, there's a lot about it that I didn't like. Same goes for Harute, so I used those parts from each that I liked. The wings I took from the Prototype Clanche, and I imagine the wings functioning as GN Blades that can be used for flyby attacks in flight mode.

With it I also have the GNT-003HW/M Gundam Arios HW/M, which adds powerful assault boosters based on a scaled-down version of Harute's, which have a built-in GN Cannon, and possibly a small GN Missile Launcher in each one. It can also be fitted with optional leg boosters that include additional GN Missile Launchers, boosting its mobility and firepower even more.

Dark Duel

So years back I'd done a recolor of the AGX-04A1 Gerbera Tetra Kai into a tan-and-purple color scheme taken from Cima's Gelgoog Marine.
On a whim today, I decided to see what the original AGX-04 would look like with a similar color scheme.

I have to say, I think it looks better than monochrome red

Dark Duel

Some random Zeon ship-related stuff

Tivvay-class recolor in green, just to see what it looks like. Well, I also made some minor armament additions inspired by the Chivvay Kai from Z, adding four single-barrel beam guns and 14 AA turrets
EDIT 08/23/19: I edited the pic slightly to increase the size of the AA turrets to the correct scale for the size of the image.

Sadalahn recolor, using the AoZ lineart. Again green, with some purple detailing.

And a modification of that Musai-esque Endra refit from AoZ. I removed the stupidly-placed rear-facing gun on the front section and doubled up the number of barrels on all of the other guns, plus I made some minor tweaks by adding in certain parts of the unmodified Endra. One of them has the Endra's antenna on the superstructure, the other doesn't.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deathzealot

So, okay I haven't posted anything for the past few times you had posted therefore figured I do a large super-post about your last few posts.
Dark Duel wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:34 pm https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/511 ... bbe4_c.jpg

Never been terribly fond of Cherudim's skinny little legs, so I set out to give it legs that would be a bit beefier, see how it looked. I ended up using Cherudim SAGA as a base because I like its head design better, and made one or two other changes as I went along.

I used a lot from Cherudim and SAGA, and a few parts from both the finalized movie version and the original concept version of Zabanya. Rather like how it turned out.
Instead of the Shield Bits on the knees, this one retains the concealed missile launcher of the Dynames, and two Shield Bits are stored on each shoulder. The GN Sniper Rifle II is stored in its folded SMG configuration in a compartment on its outer leg(It has two such compartment, meaning it can carry two of them, though it typically only uses one at a time)
An interesting redesign and while I really do not see the skinny legs on the original Cherudim I do like this version of it nevertheless. Thanks for the awesome Gundam design!
Dark Duel wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:46 pm And to go along with that custom Cherudim, I whipped up a corresponding variant of the Cherudim HW/R Type
I changed the way the Bits are mounted because I don't like how the original GNHW/R stacks all the Shield Bits on one side, so instead four of the Shield Bits and one of the Rifle Bits are mounted to a new hardpoint on each side of the backpack, with the remaining Shield Bits still in the same place on the rear waist, and the other four Rifle Bits on the shoulders. It also has new shoulders with a built-in 6-tube GN Missile Launcher on each side, because why not?
A very nice addition if I do say. Thanks!
Dark Duel wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:19 pm And continuing along the same lines, this time it's the GNT-003 Gundam Arios, an alternate take on the Gundam Arios from 00S2, because while there are some parts of Arios's design that I did like, there's a lot about it that I didn't like. Same goes for Harute, so I used those parts from each that I liked. The wings I took from the Prototype Clanche, and I imagine the wings functioning as GN Blades that can be used for flyby attacks in flight mode.

With it I also have the GNT-003HW/M Gundam Arios HW/M, which adds powerful assault boosters based on a scaled-down version of Harute's, which have a built-in GN Cannon, and possibly a small GN Missile Launcher in each one. It can also be fitted with optional leg boosters that include additional GN Missile Launchers, boosting its mobility and firepower even more.
Very nice. I do not see why you don't like the Arios but I do like this version. Very nice and clean looking.
Dark Duel wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:36 pm So years back I'd done a recolor of the AGX-04A1 Gerbera Tetra Kai into a tan-and-purple color scheme taken from Cima's Gelgoog Marine.
On a whim today, I decided to see what the original AGX-04 would look like with a similar color scheme.

I have to say, I think it looks better than monochrome red
A very nice repaint of an interesting mobile suit design. Agreed. It does look better like this always thought the Gerbera Tetra was somehow made to be used by Char with its Red Paint Job instead of Cima. An interesting recolor all around. Thank.
Dark Duel wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:35 pm Some random Zeon ship-related stuff

Tivvay-class recolor in green, just to see what it looks like. Well, I also made some minor armament additions inspired by the Chivvay Kai from Z, adding four single-barrel beam guns and 14 AA turrets

Sadalahn recolor, using the AoZ lineart. Again green, with some purple detailing.

And a modification of that Musai-esque Endra refit from AoZ. I removed the stupidly-placed rear-facing gun on the front section and doubled up the number of barrels on all of the other guns, plus I made some minor tweaks by adding in certain parts of the unmodified Endra. One of them has the Endra's antenna on the superstructure, the other doesn't.
A trio of very interesting ships. I know these ships are official but the way you changed things on them make them look quite more interesting in my opinion. I hope you do some other ship recolor and redesigns like these in a future time. Thanks.
EDIT: Hmmmm... I do not see those mentioned anti-air turrets on the new Tivvay. Where did you place them on here? I see the second single barrel gun facing aft, but I cannot find the AA Guns.