Full Metal Panic: Invisible Victory

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
AmuroNT1

Re: Full Metal Panic IV

It could potentially, but the fact that they've already said it's going to be an audio drama suggests that it won't be anything else.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
zetatype

Re: Full Metal Panic IV

Well we finally have our title, Full Metal Panic: Invisible Victory.

Not exactly sure what relevance the title has to the story, but there you have it. Also whether by design or coincidence the abbreviation comes out as FMP IV which is correct if you consider Fumoffu season 2.
SonicSP

Re: Full Metal Panic: Invisible Victory

Huh, I guess FMP IV does make sense in a way.

A part of me still can't believe we're getting a continuation of FMP anime, it's been so long. Nice to finally see it and also reminds me of how old I am.
krullnar

My only thought about this other then yes finally. Would be that if they are going to try and finish the series off in say a 26 episode series then honestly the events of burning one man army will take a good chunk of the eps. That would mean that they have to skip volume 6. Also they could prune I believe its Come make my day that kind of lags with what mithril is doing after the events of continuing on my own.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
Raiden

Totally can't wait. It's been a good 10 years or so too.
zetatype

For those who are unaware, a few months ago FMP IV was removed from the Fall 2017 listings. Luckily it turns out it's just getting delayed since it is now slated for spring of 2018.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... 18/.118269

If this was some other show I' probably be a bit pissed but since I've already already waited more than ten years, what's another nine months gonna matter?
Last edited by zetatype on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wingnut

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Raiden

The animation looks friggen amazing. Fumoffu characters are back too!

Seriously Arbalest looks even more cooler now. Can't wait!
AmuroNT1

Well, there's really no such thing as "Fumoffu" characters since it was all the same story. People may assume that Fumoffu was goofy non-canon stuff, but it happened in the novels too; yes, Shoji Gatoh wrote things like Bonta-kun, the art class "survival course", and the infamous rugby episode. Characters like Class President Hayashida and Mikihara are part of the main story, they're just more prominent in the silly episodes because they're ordinary high school students. Fumoffu was just the result of the anime staff deciding to shunt the sillier stuff into its own season in order to preserve the tone of the more serious plot.

But don't expect a whole lot more silliness anymore...the plot will really kick off in earnest with IV, and we won't even have Dancing Very Merry Christmas to lighten the mood since they already turned it into an audio drama.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

yazi88

I wonder how long this new series will be and how much they will cover from the novels and what will get the cut...

The FMP Sigma Manga did a fantastic job of adapting things from the novels.
Wingnut

AmuroNT1 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:39 pm and we won't even have Dancing Very Merry Christmas to lighten the mood since they already turned it into an audio drama.
:cry: And I wanted them to animate just why Mardukas was nicknamed "The Duke" back in his Royal Navy days.
Spoiler
Complete with turning around his cap and everything.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
AmuroNT1

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ut/.121595

The original anime is getting turned into a "director's cut" movie trilogy in anticipation of IV.

krullnar

Wow thats amazing... yeah wow can we just get invisible victory. I just meh this is just meh, I'm sorry this is just meh. I guess you could break up the first season by what book there based on but that would cut the afghan arc so meh.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
SonicSP

krullnar wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:04 am Wow thats amazing... yeah wow can we just get invisible victory. I just meh this is just meh, I'm sorry this is just meh. I guess you could break up the first season by what book there based on but that would cut the afghan arc so meh.
The movie is probably needed to help get some people up to date, it's been more than ten years after all. IV may be intended for the hardcorefans, but a quick catch-up avenue for anybody new that's interested or older fans who want a quick catch upjust is always helpful, even needed. Those of us who are fairly fresh on the subject can skip it.
krullnar

So the first ep is out amd so far so good.
Spoiler
And its official skipping DVMC and moving straight along first ep ends right before the school gets taken hostage. I can only guess that things are going to be moving at light speed as we've seen leviathan in the promo trailer? Cant remember where but pretty sure sousuke gets it so yeah.
On the non spoilerly side of things i can say XEBEC is killing it on the animation side of things no actual mech battles yet to get a full opinion on. But at the pace were going next week😉 maybe we'll see.

Edit* name incorrect
zetatype

FULL METAL PANIC IS BACK BABY!!!

As expected we have skipped the DVMC arc (though the show may come back to it in a flashback) and jumped right back into the thick of things with the CoMO arc. We have the calm before a very very big storm. Amalgam is taking off the kid gloves and *hit's about to go down in a very bad way for Mithril. So far the animation is looking pretty good and hopefully we will get a full taste of the mecha animation in the next episode. Considering Xebec's work on Fafner Exodus I'm looking forward to how they handle FMP's mecha animation.

Its been 13 long years, but better late than never.
zetatype

krullnar wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:43 am So the first ep is out amd so far so good.
Spoiler
And its official skipping DVMC and moving straight along first ep ends right before the school gets taken hostage. I can only guess that things are going to be moving at light speed as we've seen leviathan in the promo trailer? Cant remember where but pretty sure sousuke gets it so yeah.
Spoilers for those who have not read the light novels
Spoiler
The school probably won't get taken hostage until the end of episode 2. Episode 2 will focus on Sosuke and Kanme's escape, Episode 3 will focus Sosuke attempting to free the school, and episode 4 will have his showdown with Tessa's brother. During all this the show will also show us the battle between Mithril and Amalgam.

We probably won't see the Leviathan until episode 11 or 12 since it doesn't show up until Burning One Man Force (vol. 8 ). I went back and looked at FMP! and TSR, and when you cut out the stuff that wasn't in the original light novels (episodes based on short stories and anime original material) it takes about 4 episodes to cover each volume. So assuming Invisible Victory stays true to the source material, the first cour will close out with vol. 8 and the Leviathan's first battle.
Zeonista

First episode is out, and the story is off and running! I agree that XEBEC is doing a great job with the animation. Everyone is back, Leonard gives a polite warning, and then it gets real. I am very hyped for how this series is going to proceed!

zetatype: I didn't get very far into this arc of the overall story, but I agree with your spoilers episode progression.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Zeonista

I have watched the second episode, with the third soon to follow, and so far the series has not disappointed me in the least. The threat from Amalgam gets real, and Kaname can no longer hide from the grim reality of her life that she has been suppressing. It's not fair, but she has known that from the beginning, and the hard-won victories earned by Sousuke and her friends at Mithril have unintentionally stopped Kaname from making some hard choices. Now the choices are in her face, and the clock is ticking! And for Tessa fans such as myself, it is good to see her prove decisively why she is the true field commander and not just a pampered mascot. Production-wise, it's good to see XEBEC in great form here. The momentum the older anime had generated was allowed to come to a halt, but they are doing a great job of getting it rolling again.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Henyo

As Dubbed Sousuke would say: Not a problem!!!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... me/.130922

They got whole gang back as the other comments in ANN say.

and the car chase aside(which reminds of the time when Gonzo held FMP) everything is A Okay.
gonna watch this in both subbed and dubbed form.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!