Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

Moderators: VR7, Destiny_Gundam

Post Reply
User avatar
ZeonsSilverStar
Mysterious Masked Dude
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by ZeonsSilverStar » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:14 am

I'm not familiar with the Pale Rider or anything from Missing Link but I look forward to giving it a try. Yurin must be very popular otherwise I don't see the point in adding the Farsia in over the Fawn Farsia. The update is live now. Got to wave 13 in Boss Rush before the two Shamblos took me out. Also I've been trying to see exactly what updates have occurred in Trial mode but I haven't noticed anything yet.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar

User avatar
AmuroNT1
Oblivious Harem Loser
Posts: 3629
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by AmuroNT1 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:56 pm

Pale Rider is essentially a bootleg Blue Destiny. It has a bunch of optional equipment sets because it originated from a game: the ground type has the GM's bullpup gun, leg missile pods, and a modified version of the Ground Gundam's 180mm cannon, while the space type has the Gundam G05's hyper beam rifle and giant Gatling.

EDIT: More importantly!

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/07/ ... rn_release

All versions of the game will have the same soundtracks; we will NOT be losing theme songs due to licensing issues.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power

User avatar
yazi88
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
Posts: 1115
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:53 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by yazi88 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:23 pm

While I'm glad the music will still be in there, I'm a bit cautious as this is the only site that is saying it... I have yet to hear from any other sources.

User avatar
ZeonsSilverStar
Mysterious Masked Dude
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by ZeonsSilverStar » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:31 pm

AmuroNT1 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:56 pm
Pale Rider is essentially a bootleg Blue Destiny. It has a bunch of optional equipment sets because it originated from a game: the ground type has the GM's bullpup gun, leg missile pods, and a modified version of the Ground Gundam's 180mm cannon, while the space type has the Gundam G05's hyper beam rifle and giant Gatling.

EDIT: More importantly!

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/07/ ... rn_release

All versions of the game will have the same soundtracks; we will NOT be losing theme songs due to licensing issues.
Thanks for the info. Pale Rider certainly sounds like it's going to be fun to play but I'm still more hyped for the Perfect Pack and Baund Doc. I was certain that we'd be looking at another DWG type situation with the soundtrack. I wonder if the decision is based on a lot of the tracks being instrumental.

Perfect Pack trailer is out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS0qAFhaOWw
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar

User avatar
Gelgoog Jager
Retconned MSV Ace
Posts: 1643
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:09 pm

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by Gelgoog Jager » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:47 pm

Game isn't doing great with the Amazon reviews; at the time of this post:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B06Y1P9T4H
Normal ver. has a 1.9 out of 5 score.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B06Y1P4MHC?th=1
Special ver. has a 2.3 out of 5 score.

User avatar
AmuroNT1
Oblivious Harem Loser
Posts: 3629
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by AmuroNT1 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:52 pm

It looks mostly like issues with the online play, since people were asking for patches for that.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power

User avatar
yazi88
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
Posts: 1115
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:53 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by yazi88 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:01 pm

I think lack of certain series might be a factor too, atleast in terms of fan reviews on the game on amazon. I haven't heard or seen any bad reviews from game magazines/sites....

User avatar
Mu La Flaga
OMG Doomsday Laser
Posts: 1432
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:06 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by Mu La Flaga » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:52 pm

AmuroNT1 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:52 pm
It looks mostly like issues with the online play, since people were asking for patches for that.
Which you know considring they had a Beta and all for it, would hope they get some good valuable data to improve the netcode and any server related issues with a patch, hopefully they're working on that.
(especially before the US release)

User avatar
AmuroNT1
Oblivious Harem Loser
Posts: 3629
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by AmuroNT1 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:43 pm

Well there's also going to be a beta for the US release, and hopefully they'll iron things out with that. I know I basically couldn't participate in any online matches during the Japanese beta (though I could do some survival).
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power

User avatar
yazi88
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
Posts: 1115
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:53 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by yazi88 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:08 pm

IIRC, this is a different developer than the ones who worked on Extreme VS, Full Boost and Maxi Boost. No wonder they are having problems with online... Or maybe its because this is the 1st series on PS4... either way, they got some work to iron out.

User avatar
Mu La Flaga
OMG Doomsday Laser
Posts: 1432
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:06 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by Mu La Flaga » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:32 am

That could be part of it too, like since it's the first major game on the PS4 and if it's a new developer, they're probably learning all the ropes of the system with Gundam Versus.

Who is the new development team this time?

User avatar
AmuroNT1
Oblivious Harem Loser
Posts: 3629
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by AmuroNT1 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:08 pm

I've never heard anything to suggest that this was made by a different dev team than any of the ExVs games.

Also, they've added the DLC suits to the official website.
SpoilerShow
YG-111 G-Self Perfect Pack (Bellri Zenam) [Cost 500]
a: Beam Rifle
CSa: Traffic Fins
b: Beam Saber
2b: Tractor beam
CSb: Photon Torpedoes
ab: Assault Mode
ac: Reflector Mode
ac during ac: Omnidirectional Lasers
bc: High Torque Mode
EX: Backpack Change Combo

Strikers: G-Self Perfect Pack
Titles: Venus Globe
Navigators: Aida Surugan

---

NRX-055 Baund Doc (Jerid Mesa) [Cost 400]
a: Beam Rifle
b: Beam Saber
ab: Spread Mega Particle Cannon
ac: Spread Mega Particle Cannon (Gerobi)
bc: Claw Arm (Grab)
EX: "You're the one who drove me to fight!"

Striker: Baund Doc
Title: Newtype-Use
Alt. Pilot: Rosamia Badam

---

RX-80PR Pale Rider Ground Battle Heavy Equip (Chloe Croce) [Cost 400]
a: 90mm Machine Gun
CSa: 180mm Cannon(?)
b: Beam Saber
ab: Giant Gatling
ac: Leg Missile Launchers
bc: HADES Activation
EX: HADES Rampage

Striker: Pale Rider Ground Battle Heavy Equip
Title: HADES

---

ASW-G-11 Gundam Gusion Rebake (Akihiro Altland) [Cost 300]
a: 120mm Long-Range Rifle
CSa: ?
b: Gusion Rebake Halberd
ab: Gusion Rebake Halberd (Throw)
ac: 300mm Smoothbore Cannon
bc: Mode Change
EX: Gusion Rebake Halberd Combo Attack

Striker: Gundam Gusion Rebake
Title: Muscle Training

---

GAT-X105+AQM/E-YM1 Perfect Strike Gundam (Mu la Flaga) [Cost 400]
a: Beam Rifle
CSa: Agni (Gerobi)
b: Anti-Vessel Sword
CSb: Anti-Vessel Vulcan & Gunlauncher(?)
ab: Beam Boomerang
ac: Agni
bc: Anti-Vessel Sword (Slash/Jump Slash)
EX: Striker Pack Synchronized Attack

Striker: Perfect Strike Gundam
Title: Hawk of Endymion
Additionally, they're doing a version update that seems to have a ton of bugfixing behind it: http://g-versus.ggame.jp/info/?p=261
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power

User avatar
Mu La Flaga
OMG Doomsday Laser
Posts: 1432
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:06 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by Mu La Flaga » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:12 am

AmuroNT1 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:08 pm
I've never heard anything to suggest that this was made by a different dev team than any of the ExVs games.

Also, they've added the DLC suits to the official website.
SpoilerShow
YG-111 G-Self Perfect Pack (Bellri Zenam) [Cost 500]
a: Beam Rifle
CSa: Traffic Fins
b: Beam Saber
2b: Tractor beam
CSb: Photon Torpedoes
ab: Assault Mode
ac: Reflector Mode
ac during ac: Omnidirectional Lasers
bc: High Torque Mode
EX: Backpack Change Combo

Strikers: G-Self Perfect Pack
Titles: Venus Globe
Navigators: Aida Surugan

---

NRX-055 Baund Doc (Jerid Mesa) [Cost 400]
a: Beam Rifle
b: Beam Saber
ab: Spread Mega Particle Cannon
ac: Spread Mega Particle Cannon (Gerobi)
bc: Claw Arm (Grab)
EX: "You're the one who drove me to fight!"

Striker: Baund Doc
Title: Newtype-Use
Alt. Pilot: Rosamia Badam

---

RX-80PR Pale Rider Ground Battle Heavy Equip (Chloe Croce) [Cost 400]
a: 90mm Machine Gun
CSa: 180mm Cannon(?)
b: Beam Saber
ab: Giant Gatling
ac: Leg Missile Launchers
bc: HADES Activation
EX: HADES Rampage

Striker: Pale Rider Ground Battle Heavy Equip
Title: HADES

---

ASW-G-11 Gundam Gusion Rebake (Akihiro Altland) [Cost 300]
a: 120mm Long-Range Rifle
CSa: ?
b: Gusion Rebake Halberd
ab: Gusion Rebake Halberd (Throw)
ac: 300mm Smoothbore Cannon
bc: Mode Change
EX: Gusion Rebake Halberd Combo Attack

Striker: Gundam Gusion Rebake
Title: Muscle Training

---

GAT-X105+AQM/E-YM1 Perfect Strike Gundam (Mu la Flaga) [Cost 400]
a: Beam Rifle
CSa: Agni (Gerobi)
b: Anti-Vessel Sword
CSb: Anti-Vessel Vulcan & Gunlauncher(?)
ab: Beam Boomerang
ac: Agni
bc: Anti-Vessel Sword (Slash/Jump Slash)
EX: Striker Pack Synchronized Attack

Striker: Perfect Strike Gundam
Title: Hawk of Endymion
Additionally, they're doing a version update that seems to have a ton of bugfixing behind it: http://g-versus.ggame.jp/info/?p=261
Out of curiousity(and for those of us who don't know Japanese)
What are all the bugs they fixed in those points?

User avatar
AmuroNT1
Oblivious Harem Loser
Posts: 3629
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by AmuroNT1 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:41 pm

Some of it is the usual balance patch stuff for fighting games, adjusting characters and moves. But there's a large list of bugs and graphical glitches that they needed to fix, like vulcans firing in the wrong direction or ammunition not being consumed.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power

User avatar
yazi88
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
Posts: 1115
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:53 am
Location: Michigan

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by yazi88 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:04 pm

Given that this is the 1st game in the VS series aside from Force on the Vita to not come out in arcade form before console, I'm guessing that more bugs to be worked out on release compared to the console ports of previous Vs games.

User avatar
Mu La Flaga
OMG Doomsday Laser
Posts: 1432
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:06 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by Mu La Flaga » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:54 pm

AmuroNT1 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:41 pm
Some of it is the usual balance patch stuff for fighting games, adjusting characters and moves. But there's a large list of bugs and graphical glitches that they needed to fix, like vulcans firing in the wrong direction or ammunition not being consumed.
Wow those are some weird bugs wtf haha.

User avatar
AmuroNT1
Oblivious Harem Loser
Posts: 3629
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by AmuroNT1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:39 am

Preview video of the Farsia for Maxi Boost ON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGUBScj7hRk

And its moveset.
a: Beam Vulcans
CSa: Spread Beam Cannon
b: Beam Sabers
ab: Beam Vulcans (High-Output)
ac: Farsia Bits
bc: Zedas Assist
EX: Combination Attack
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power

User avatar
AmuroNT1
Oblivious Harem Loser
Posts: 3629
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by AmuroNT1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:07 pm

Preview video of the Pale Rider for Versus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hChWciU-JO0

As much as I hate to invoke the spectre of MvC:I, the Pale Rider really does feel like an attempt to merge the "functions" of Blue Destiny 1 and the Efreet Kai into a single character. The MG as the main weapon, and the fact that the Gatling is a moving shot, resemble BD1's moves while the use of two-swords melee and the leg missiles causing Fire Stun resemble the Efreet.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power

User avatar
Mu La Flaga
OMG Doomsday Laser
Posts: 1432
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:06 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by Mu La Flaga » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Well for any Australian players Bandai-Namco AU confimed the release date as September 29th.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoAU/statu ... 2352765953

User avatar
AmuroNT1
Oblivious Harem Loser
Posts: 3629
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Post by AmuroNT1 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:43 am

Same day as the US!

...Too bad I'm gonna be at an anime con that weekend and will miss the inaugural session of #GundamNationVersus. Assuming SBR has one.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest