Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
yazi88

Re: Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

Yo guys I got some more questions:

1. Your thoughts on the Nintendo Switch? I find it to be more appealing than the Wii U and there seems to be better 3rd party support, although the price for some of those accessories (Pro Controller) makes me somewhat weary. Launch and other games seemed pretty good like the Zelda and the Sonic Adventure like Mario Odyssey.

2. Given how DC has had major problems with the Film division causing a lot of problems for the TV and animated division, Marvel has not been too much better given how Kevin Feige is now in complete control of the MCU movie division and doesn't have to answer to Perlmutter who is now in charge of the other media division. Feige was in a feud with Perlmutter for a long time regarding how to handle things and budget problems. Disney did the smart thing by putting Feige in charge of the film division. It shows because there is little connection in the Agents of TV show now aside from the occasional Civil War stuff Sokovia Accords mentioned here and there. Your thoughts on all this? Sorry for the info dump...
YokozunaBulldozer

WHOO HOO CRACK OPEN THAT SAKE BARREL, UNLEASH THE BREWSKIES AND FETCH THE BENTOS ITS CHERRY BLOSSOM PARTY TIME! KANPAI! KANPAI! KANPAI! KANPAI!

1. You two decide to throw a Chaos Theater Cherry Blossom Party in Japan. The fee is all paid for and you guys are gifted a portal gun that lets you bring fictional characters of your choice.
Which characters do you invite and what kind of interactions and shenanigans do you expect?

2. Which animated show do you think has become "The True Successor of The Simpsons"?
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
yazi88

Got some more questions to keep the FIRE going! 8)

1. Are there any examples you guys can think of Studio interference helping a movie out rather than hurting it? Given how its a massive problem with Fox and DC studios with various franchises.

2. I apologize if this has been asked before because I can't remember hearing it, but what are some of the better love triangles you've seen in anime and are there any you think had a good resolution because most often its not the case. My personal favorite is Kimagure Orange Road although it wasn't much a love triangle as it was pretty one sided from one of the girls.

3. Pedro, who is your favorite girl in Persona 4? I only accept Rise and Naoto as correct answers. lol. Also looking forward to hearing your thoughts about Persona 5 at the time this is read.

4. Have you guys seen Ash vs Evil? The Starz sequel to the Evil Dead movies? I found it to be very funny and fun to watch with lots of regulars from Sam Reimi's works.
Last edited by yazi88 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mu La Flaga

Yo dudes.
Time for a mailbag envelope from Mu, so here goes the questions.

1.Thoughts in brief(unless plan to discuss them in future episodes) on these movies; Logan, Power Rangers, Ghost in the Shell?
(my thoughts in brief)
A)Logan: A good movie not perfect, there are some aspects they could've done better, but it also feels like a good X-Men movie to close out the original generation.

B)Power Rangers: Not bad, surprsingly interesting, could've been better in some ways *coughKRISPKREMEcough* but enjoyable.

C)Ghost in the Shell: Felt like a solid movie, seems faithful to the original materials as much as it can, it seemed like they put effort in, even if fans b!tch about the 'white washing' good cast, story and action.
Even if it's flawed I felt like they tried with GITS adaptation(Unlike DB Evolution)

2.This quick question goes to Mr Guanche; I remember once in previous episodes of CT you were watching BGC 2040, mind if I ask what happened to your watching of that?

Look forward to your answers, unnttill next time, Mu.
MCTDread

Not an Anime! Not an Anime!

What are some personal favorite Live Action and Animated Disney films that you feel are criminally underrated?

Also have you guys seen American Gods?
Mu La Flaga

Here's a quick one for you guys.
Thoughts on the Switch and how Nintendo seem to be managing it good this time around or is it too early too say?

It might be early in it's life but it has a few little decent titles(Zelda, Mario Kart 8 DX, Disgaea 5 port ect)
Has more stuff coming soon, like ARMs, Splatoon 2, Monster Hunter and more.

Not to mention it seems to work well either as a portable console or home unit.
It's not perfect, but I wonder if this is because of the new leadership of Tatsumi Kimishima in part?
Or just better marketing too?

I personally like to believe it's a combination of factors and it shows sign of good promise.

Curious to see what you reckon and thanks for reading.
From Mu.
MCTDread

It's a Gundamn!

Two questions,

What movies, comics, tv shows, books etc did you not like at first but over time came around to liking and what has had the reverse effect?

Have either of you seen Batman and Bill and if so what are your thoughts?
RebornX

Hi guys. I've been a long time listener to your show. Always interested to hear what you guys have to say even if our opinions differ and have been introduced to some good titles based on your recommendations. Here are some questions for the mailbag.

1. If you could take a DC and Marvel character and have them swap franchises, who would it be, why, and how would they interact with the other characters in the universe?

2. Pedro, I was surprised to hear that you tried out Street Fighter V and don't recall hearing about it in the 'What we've been up to' segments. What are your thoughts on the game? As a fighting game fan, I was looking forward to it and stuck through the first season. Came away disappointed and have no interest in returning. Chris, feel free to add your thoughts.

3. I've been re-listening to past episodes and one that stood out was the Man of Steel/Wolverine episode. You guys were more positive on MoS back then but I know you have soured on it more. Are there any other things that you have covered where your opinions have changed?

4. What twists in any medium do you guys find annoying in how the reveal is blatantly obvious?

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

P.S. Metal Gear episode when?
YokozunaBulldozer

HOWDY
1. Which open-ended show, movie, game, or book would you like to see have a proper conclusion?

2. Name One DC hero you think will fare better in Marvel and vice versa.

3. This Guy VS That Guy VS The Other Guy Lightning Round Who Wins Who Loses
- Best Genius: Rick Sanchez VS Tony Stark VS Macgyver

- Best Spidey: TOEI Spider-Man VS Electric Company Spider-Man VS Scientifically Accurate Spider-Man

- Best Green Hero: Green Lantern VS Green Arrow VS Green Power Ranger

- Best I Wish I Had It Item: Shohoku High Basketball Team Jersey from SLAM DUNK VS Saitama's Hoodie from One Punch Man VS Zoro's tummy warmer from One Piece

-Best Only Item I Have On A Remote Island Item: Life-sized pillow of Jared Leto Joker VS Life-sized pillow of Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face VS Life-sized Pillow of Arnold Schwarzenegger Mr. Freeze
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
MCTDread

What's up guys got some questions

1st What are your most memorable boss fights in video games and which were your nightmares?

2nd What films are your guilty pleasure?

And lastly how do you guys feel about the massive changes coming to Disney World such as the WestWorld I mean Immersive Star Wars Resort and Star Wars Galaxy's Edge, a Tron LightCycle Coaster, a Guardians of the Galaxy attraction, and for Chris a Mickey and Minnie Runnaway Railway attraction based on the cartoon shorts.
yazi88

Yo guys as usual some questions to keep the fire going.

1. Is there any form of media (movies, anime, cartoon, etc) you would like to see a Lego version done like with the lego movies, spoofing things and not taking things seriously? I'd like to see Votoms or Captain Tylor done in Lego form, lol

2. Given that Crash Bandicoot has gotten a pretty good remaster on the PS4 with the N-sane Trilogy, would you like to see a Spyro Remaster of the original 3 playstation games?

3. Chris, and possibly Pedro, given you are watching the Flash and have seen all 3 seasons, which Harrison Wells is your favorite? I like to call them PS1 Wells (S1), PS2 Wells (S2) and PS3 Hipster Wells (S3). I like PS2 Wells the most.
Last edited by yazi88 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebornX

Hey guys, another round of questions.

1. A while back, Ian Mckellen read off a speech/incantation from Fate/stay night. What high profile celebrity would you have quote an anime or video game and what would be quoted?

2. You've brought up a certain (non?)-kosher episode of Black Mirror on the podcast. Have you seen any other episodes and do you have any thoughts on them?

3. Are there any actors or actresses who appear in a bad show but have a great performance that make you think that they are far too good for the show? One who comes to my mind is Robert Carlyle wasting his talent on Once Upon a Time.

4. What are some characters who fit into an archetype you generally do not like but end up being fond of despite that?
Last edited by RebornX on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mu La Flaga

Hey gentleman.
So I'm going to try my hand at a lightning round.
But instead of calling it that, in keeping with that Imma call this
"The Warpspeed Round"
(Star Trek themed)

1.Ship you will miss the most?, Enterprise(Movie Refit) or Enterprise D?
(Enterprise D for me)

2.Klingon Bird of Prey or Romulan Warbird? (for me Kinglon Bird of Prey)
3.Data or Odo? (Data for me)
4.Most underrated Enterprise?, Enterprise B OR Enterprise C? (I would say Enterprise B)
5.Kahn(OG) or Lore? (for me Lore)
6.Best villain race?, the Jem'Hadar OR the Borg? (I like the Borg myself)
7.Fav ship Enterprise E or Voyager? (I like the Enterprise E myself)

So there we go, some quick ones.
Also I've been enjoying the topics you've done over the many years and sad to see this ship set off in to the sunset(ala Star Trek 3 search for Spock), but make sure you close the theatre well with a nice send off.
And I want to say thanks for the laughs, the discussions, the years of questions all of it.
This wont be my final curtain call, but I'm making sure to put some stuff in to the Mailbag before closing time.
Later, from Mu.
fearjunkee

Have you seen the Rooster Teeth series Day 5? It's a post-apocalyptic web drama about a strange malady that causes anyone that falls asleep to die, and centers around a drug-addicted washout named Jesse who comes to his senses after a four-day long drug bender to find that almost all of civilization has died in its sleep, completely unaware of the doom that approached it. Jesse teams up with a hyperactive teenager, a graveyard shift doctor, and a red-eye pilot to find a cure for the deadly sleep before their bodies give out from sleep deprivation. I think you guys should check it out because it's one of the most inventive- and terrifying- apocalypse scenarios I've seen, and it's got an impressive production value for a web series- it actually looks like something straight from AMC.

You need a Rooster Teeth subscription to watch the show in its entirety, but the first episodes of both seasons are available for free on YouTube, and you can always get a free 30 day trial subscription to binge watch the series.

Bonus question: How long do you think you'd survive without sleep?
zero_the_masked_knight

Hi, Chaos theater crew!

1) Do you listen to your episodes after they come out? If yes, do you have any favorite episodes? Episodes you are proud of? If no, why not? This applies for both Chaos Theater and Gundamn!

2) What did you think of Christopher Nolan's most recent offering, Dunkirk? I enjoyed it, but not to the same extent as I did interstellar, since unlike that Movie where you had 2 main characters to follow (Coop and Murph) and see develop, Dunkirk has no clear "main character". I guess as part of it being a historical movie, the characters are downplayed and made to feel more like "real people" rather than characters in a movie with arcs. I like how, similar to the Longest Day, Christopher Nolan was able to take a few people and 3 airplanes and depict a historical event involving hundreds of thousands of people. Finally, I appreciate how the movie depicts the British Soldiers: ordinary human beings who, despite having military training, crack under the strain and the stress of war, instead of being patriotic supermen. As someone who is really into WW2 history, I always appreciate when a work like Dunkirk is able to show us the view "from the bottom", the ordinary, unknown people who helped shape history.

3) I was lucky enough to watch the Scott Pilgrim movie. Is that where the title of the podcast comes from? PS, I love the movie and it's officially my top comic book movie, with Deadpool as second.

Take care!
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
yazi88

Got a few more questions for you guys, going to miss the show, but its been a fun ride.

1. Have you guys seen the Amazon live action series of THE TICK? Its pretty funny and quite darker than the 90's animated show and Fox's short lived live action series. On a related note, have you seen the 90's animated show?

2. How would the Tick fit into Tiger and Bunny? lol

3. I know its been a long time since you guys reviewed Tiger and Bunny, but have you seen the 2 movies and what are your thoughts on them? The 1st movie was ok even though it was a alternate telling of the 1st few episodes, while the 2nd movie is a sequel to the show.
bertman4

Apparently Audible has audiobooks of the translated Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It seems to be highly rated but have you guys listened to it?
https://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fanta ... BD582WCHZ5&
Mu La Flaga

Yo Chris and Pedro.
The end is coming near, so these questions I hold dear!
So here we go here is some more for the pile.
These questions&comments I shall compile!
For you my friends; these questions before the end!

1.So lately I've been playing 2 Indie games on systems and I would like to recommend them to both of you(unless you have played them)

A)
This War of Mine: If you have not, it's a dark bleak survival game set in Eastern Europe and based off an actual war/siege.
To me it's very interesting game that makes me feel sadness or despair and trying to scrounge up things to survive.

B)
I'll keep this one short; super hot?,....Super Hot.....SUPER HOT!
This game a simple premise of slowing down time shooter with little twists and mechanics in a Matrix esque simple graphics world that messed with your perception of reality.

2.I know you're Mario Men, so am I, but I have to admit it and I want to get your thoughts and impressions on Sonic Mania ?(if you've played it that is)
It really is a grat game, it has new and old elements and mechanics alike, fun stages and the main Sonic Trio that matters, I purchased and beat the game 2 full times once on PS4 and again for the Nintendo Switch.
Tails and Knuckles are my fav characters.

On 2 quick other notes I want to say it's a shame time ran out, I was hoping you guys would get to do episodes on Star Fox Series, Dead Space Series.

I've really enjoyed the episodes you guys have pumped out over these many good years of life.
Thanks for the ideas, inspiration for questions and this will be missed but it was good fun!

PS: If you want to look at my list I added to MY SNES classic, have a look and see if your missing any or want ideas for your library. :P
I added all of these to my one.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Nyz ... tdqiA/edit
RebornX

Chris! Pedro! It's not over yet!

1. You two must challenge the other to an eating contest. What would be your food of choice?

2. Do you guys have top ten lists of your favorite movies, games, shows, etc. mapped out?

3. As someone who's leaned more towards the DC franchise over Marvel, it's painful to see how poorly handled their cinematic universe is. I don't think that WB were necessarily wrong in taking a different approach from Marvel, but the constant reactionary meddling certainly messed that up. How would you guys have handled the DCEU if you were in charge? (This question was previously about the Disney/Fox purchase, but you guys have answered that in the MCU episode.)

4. What type of tree do you prefer your woodwork furniture to be made out of?

5. Chris, Pedro's life is in danger. To save him, you must choose one Nickelback song to listen to throughout one work day. What's your pick? Pedro, same question but with Creed.

6. If you could erase your memory of three pieces of media and experience them again with a fresh mind, what would be your choices? What pieces of media would you choose to scrub permanently?

Enjoyed listening to you guys for the past few years. It was a good ride.

PS: Chris, congratulations on your wedding and best wishes. Pedro, I listened to the Talking Geek episode covering Stranger Things season 2. In all the years since I've listened to you, I have never agreed with you more than when I heard what you had to say about Barb.
Last edited by RebornX on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mu La Flaga

Ok 2 more for the road home and in the final stretch.

1.Thoughts in brief on Star Fox series and name your favourite entries.
For me 64, Star Fox 2 and despite it's flaws Star Fox Zero.
I liked the ideas behind the transforming vehicles and retelling the story fresh.
F you Miyamoto for Gyro and motion controls forced on us as well as stupid gamepad reticle aiming.
Also SF2 is better the command; stylus flying controls?; really?

2.If you've not discussed Super Mario Oydssey go crazy.
Go in on it.

From Mu.