Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Well, we're getting a Jesta at least.

Personally, I was disappointed to hear that the Taurus would only be a Striker in this game. Noin deserves her due, dammit.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
domino

The roster is VERY light compared to what we had in Maxi Boost ON so we can expect many more releases throughout 2017/2018 as DLC.

Is this being released in Western stores? I was never able to get on the Japan PSN
AmuroNT1

I wouldn't expect an American release, because Sony requires Playstation games released in America to have an English vocal track and that would delay the game and jack up the price. However, there will be an English release for Asian countries, which is what you can pick up instead. You'll have to order it from a website like Play-Asia or maybe Amazon, but hey.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

yazi88

Given that a good number of other Gundam or related mecha games have been given the Asian English treatment, it seems to be the most likely scenario. Plus it saves costs on localization on a 1 size fits all rather than having to make one for each region... If people want the game they'll have to go the extra mile for this version, but its still a big step forward compared to the past where only the JP or chinese versions were the only options...
Xenosynth

Actually sony has laxed on that rule for the PS4
Yakuza 0 has NO english vocal track at all, and even the subs don't cover the random street banter, yet it got a US release just fine.
AmuroNT1

You know, that's a good point. I should have remembered about Yakuza 0.

yazi88

Gundam Vs Force didn't have any english voices either IIRC. One Piece Musou 3 was JP voice only too.
yazi88

EDIT: Double post, ignore this.
Mu La Flaga

So that being the case, I hope there is a chance maybe it gets a shot I mean if Force did maybe they want to kind of do something after so long?

Or maybe not.....kind of a case of wait and see.
BrentD15

yazi88 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:01 pm Gundam Vs Force didn't have any english voices either IIRC. One Piece Musou 3 was JP voice only too.
Same with Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
AmuroNT1

To the surprise of probably nobody, the Crossbone Gundams have been announced for Gundam Versus. X1 Kai and X3 are 400 Cost, X2 Kai is 300.

yazi88

Hoping that some Seed Destiny units are added, those are pretty popular units, especially the Destiny which is a good all rounder. Say what you want about the show, but those units people still play with.
branman88

AmuroNT1 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:26 pm I wouldn't expect an American release, because Sony requires Playstation games released in America to have an English vocal track and that would delay the game and jack up the price. However, there will be an English release for Asian countries, which is what you can pick up instead. You'll have to order it from a website like Play-Asia or maybe Amazon, but hey.
Gundam Versus to ship in the West this fall.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ll/.115372
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
ZeonsSilverStar

Well this is a bit of a conundrum. Either buy the raw version with all the songs intact in July or wait until to end of the year to buy a butchered version. On one hand I really want to buy the localized version just to show that a worthwhile Gundam game will sell but on the other hand I don't access to all the music I'd miss to take advantage of the custom soundtrack.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
AmuroNT1

I will say, I'm glad to have been wrong.

Also, the soundtrack isn't really an issue IMO. I never really got the idea of the Limited Sound Edition since it always came off as something of a tax on laziness; you can't go two feet online without stumbling over an MP3 download website, and programs like Audacity make it easy for even talentless schlubs like myself to make looped versions of tracks. Heck, for Full Boost I put together a playlist of over 300 tracks covering all the shows represented, plus bonuses from shows not yet represented. Of course I'll need to add tracks for G-Reco and IBO now, but that's not an issue.

yazi88

Yeah, on the PS4, based on my experience with SRW V, custom soundtracks is pretty easy to do. Although at first I was worried that the US version of the game might not have the licensed music, but given that the US version of VS Force had the licensed music without any problems, it shouldn't be a issue here.
AmuroNT1

Did Vs Force just have BGM tracks or did it have vocal tracks like opening themes too?

yazi88

Hmm... from what I'm reading... it seems like it was BGMs, and not any OP/EDs but I've also read it was like that for the JP version of the game too...
AmuroNT1

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/vot ... rsus-cover

Bamco is running a poll to determine the cover for the game's US release.

yazi88

So yeah... I don't know how much of a chance the licensed music in this game is going to be brought over in the US release... cause that can be pretty expensive especially given contracts and licensing.