The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
yazi88

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk IV

Spoiler
It could've been Noblisse too, we know how shady he is given he tried to off Kudelia in the 1st season. And it is suspect because he is working for Rustal now too
SNT1

Here we go, Mikazuki fulli unleashed after this episode. Deaths will be had.

-Kinda ok that (the last scene) happened, but at the same time IBO is not really subtle when it comes to things like this. "It will all work out! Happy ending! yay!"

+Who owns those hitmen??? Effin' plot device guys, I tell ya

+McGillis trying to "poach" Mika, lol. I get that he genuinely admires Mika, but too bad he's talking to a one-dimensional "protagonist" (up to this point, anyway) and has no true motives of his own other than Orga's (and I guess a farm, too, but basically unchanged character development from the early episodes of S1 until now)

+But also McGillis work on your damn cockpit aim. Needs work. Other than that, I like how he openly and gladly took that bait to kill a Seven Star. (Yes, looks like Iok Colasour is still alive) The Bael looked good in this.

+Makanai and Takaki helping! Azee is literally the new Naze, down to the attire! It suits her. This episode is basically the last build up before the shit goes down.

-----
Eh, not much in this episode. I'm just looking forward to the last few episodes with REAL character development for Mika, the Thrilla in Manila version of McGillis vs Gaelio (which is sure to be full of GAELLLIIOOOO!! MAKUGIRRIISSSUUUU!!! speeches in between), but seemingly no mobile armor gambit?

It is also an interesting theory if McGillis is somehow the one who ordered the hit. He was visibly annoyed at Orga in this episode, and really the two hasn't been seeing eye to eye in the last 4 episodes. He also made it clear that he's 'using' Tekkadan for his own end goals.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
domino

SonicSP wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:12 pm So what are the chances that McGillis was the one who orchestrated that attack? He's the only non-Tekkadan member that knew that Orga is even out there and he has command of some soldiers still.

And he was the one talking about Mika being without his own direction without Orga and tried to even "poach" him a little and make him think for himself. So he has some possible motive.

Certainly a Mika raging at Gjallahorn would be more useful to him than a Mika trying to run away to Earth.
I'm pretty certain it was McGillis and he did it to keep Tekkadan in the game rather than be left with even less support. Indeed he wants Mika to follow him but he knows he needs to get all of Tekkadan on board. Now he will probably assume he will have an easier time leading Mika since it will mean revenge for Orga

Tekkadan aren't fools though. They're bound to realize it was McGillis and not Gallajhorn
AmuroNT1

Gonna be honest, immediately before it happened I was thinking to myself "It's pretty foolish for the guys to be running around wearing their Tekkadan jackets when the entire news media is talking about how Tekkadan is evil."
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Outlaw

AmuroNT1 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:07 pm Gonna be honest, immediately before it happened I was thinking to myself "It's pretty foolish for the guys to be running around wearing their Tekkadan jackets when the entire news media is talking about how Tekkadan is evil."
This. So much this.
That long angle shot down the hallway at the end made me think the car and Chad(?) were gonna get blasted but, then...
Good setup episode, I'm starting to think Macky is secretly channeling Jesus Yamato or he's just a little Stormtrooper-y with those swords of his. XD
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Deathzealot

Or Sniped. But the Drive-By Hit was something I did not expect. As for the one behind it I think it is either McGillis, having ordered during his time "out and about" before the encirclement, or Nobliss, because he is an evil son of bitch. I take it with Orga dead, the plan just got blown apart and we still get to see Tekkadan going out in a blaze of glory. /sigh/ I really hope not! I did like that we are going to see Orga's Custom Shiden getting some action finally. I am betting on Eugene being the pilot for it.

Anyways, good episode and I really do hope they use these final two episodes correctly. For if not I may swear off Gundam for awhile since I was disappointed over the last two Gundam shows and was really starting to get into this series but if go and screw it up then I really don't think I am going to give Bandai a fourth time to get it right. /sigh/
zetatype

Deathzealot wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:14 pm Or Sniped. But the Drive-By Hit was something I did not expect. As for the one behind it I think it is either McGillis, having ordered during his time "out and about" before the encirclement, or Nobliss, because he is an evil son of bitch. I take it with Orga dead, the plan just got blown apart.
Not necessarily, Orga himself said that everything is now set and all they have do now is get to Earth, although I do have to ask why that is necessary.

Granted without Orga and the possibility of McGillis calling the shots, tekkadan's odds aren't looking good.

Edit: has anyone considered that maybe McGillis hired Nobliss to kill Orga?
Deathzealot

You know just thought of something. What if Kudelia steps up to take command of Tekkadan? Since we already got Azee now in control of the Turbines. Not to mention with Orga dead I think Kudelia would be the only one able to control Mika. Just a thought though. Maybe an interesting fanfiction idea to explore later on, but I really don't see it happening in series. /sigh/
AmuroNT1

Also, I'd like to point out that this week Kudelia pretty much confirmed everything I was saying about her earlier.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
phillosmaster

Much of this episode was spent on what Orga means to Mika so they are really drawing a line under that. I can't wait to see what they do with that because I'm still guessing where this is going. It seems like a blaze of glory ending is the most straight line ending at this point.

I know I should know better by now but I honestly thought they wouldn't off Orga until the end. I did give up some manly tears, but not because of Orga. It was because Orga died protecting Ride. He could have easily jumped for cover like Chad and he probably wouldn't have gotten peppered like he did.

It did cross my mind that maybe Mcgillis had a hand in removing Orga when he was convinced that Orga was no longer going to cooperate with him. Not much evidence to go on for that though other than how ambiguous those hitmen were, which leaves much open to speculation. Also how much time was given to Mcgillis' talks with Mika and his "poaching" attempt.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
MarshalBraginsky

What is the death count in G-Tekketsu so far? Because judging by its gritty atmosphere, it does have a dubious potential of exceeding the body count from either Victory Gundam or Zeta Gundam (or even Gundam SEED for that matter).
X_zoro

Some of you guys seem to forgot the number most important thing IBO is trying to tell in its story and thats IBO isn't some grand amazing perfect story about love and what not, it has been and always be a story about the Mafia/Yakuza
about a group of young men trying to find a place in the world but get consume by power,again this is a story about the Mafia/Yakuza, and those tend to have very bad ends.
domino

I agree - there isn't a "nice ending" in store for the Tekkadan team however it's likely that Astra and Kudellia will be spared....unless Rustal is really a ruthless bastard

I found it interesting that McGillis said "Goodbye Tekkadan" when he saw Orga and the others had broken past enemy lines. At first it seemed like if he was wishing them well but he probably knew that with the leaders gone, Tekkadan would be no more - or so he assumes. He may be thinking that Mika will either be the "lone wolf" or will lead the wolf pack with Orga gone. He obviously hasn't accounted for Eugene or only Orga dying
Kuruni

SonicSP wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:12 pm So what are the chances that McGillis was the one who orchestrated that attack? He's the only non-Tekkadan member that knew that Orga is even out there and he has command of some soldiers still.
While it's possible, it can be Nobliss too since it happen at Admoss Company. Just use common sense, there're only two places that would still help Tekkadan, Admoss Company and Sakura Farm. It won't be too hard to send someone to keep an eye on both places.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Deathzealot

Speaking of Sakura Farm. I really hope the Twins don't have anything happen to them. For that would downright sad. Not to mention if Tekkadan does get make it to Earth and get new lives what happens to them with no funds from Tekkadan keeping them in that Fancy Private School. There is also the other stuff under the Admoss Company's umbrella, like the School and Orphanage.
domino

Kudelia would support them - assuming Rustal isn't planning to make an example of her too. Admoss most likely has not cut ties with Tekkadan publicly and it's probably too late to do that now
phillosmaster

I do worry about Admoss considering how ruthless Rustal is being with this clean up operation, but I would think he'd need more than just Kudelia's ties to Tekkadan to take her down without a public backlash. I guess we'll see.

Considering the high body count maybe we should take a poll and see what characters people think will survive the show. I'm thinking Ride might make it to reunite with Takaki. Maybe that's more wishful thinking. If they kill off Ride I'll be shredded.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
domino

I'm not even sure that Ride and Chad will make it back to the base and if they don't....then how will the rest know of Azee's offer to help?

Tekkadan's survival is riding (pun intended?) on them being able to escape via that tunnel. That tunnel doesn't look large enough to transport the Gundams though
YokozunaBulldozer

Sad to see Orga gone.
Even the glimpse of hope they have feels like a mirage in the middle of the desert.

Knowing we only got a few more eps left I don't care about how good or how bad the show is anymore.
Just give me one more big fat primal gnarly showdown of a Obari-drawn mecha battle and I think that will be that.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Amion

zetatype wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:46 pm Edit: has anyone considered that maybe McGillis hired Nobliss to kill Orga?
That's what my initial belief was. Nobliss has proven he likes to dip in everything if he can get half a chance. It wouldn't surprise me if McGillis used his Montag connections to get in touch with him and inform him of when Orga would arrive at Admoss Company's building. It just feels like the exact thing he would do, given his past history, though it's more than plausible Nobliss was just planning to do this anyway and McGillis had no idea. But really, does that knowing smirk look like it belongs on an innocent psychopath's face? :wink:
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.