The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk II

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
hitokirigarou

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mecha Thread Mk II

Regarding the Kimaris Vidar, I'm assuming those two apertures on each movable shield are thrusters?

About the Gusion Rebake Full City, where does it store its halberd?
E08

Kimaris Vidar manual scan: 1, 2

Some minor corrections:
-Under the drill lance profile, it might be better if the word 'given' was replaced by 'driven'.
-For the drill knee, the last sentence should be 'Pierces the approaching enemy machine if it dodges the lance thrust'.

Besides the dainsleifs in the drill lance, the weapon also seem to have machine guns as shown in ep 45. Question is how many of each? When the machine guns are first used (~18:15-18:16 in the ep) they seem to be fired from the 2 ports that are located in the lance's protruding base that arch backwards. However, when they are used next (~18:25-18:26), they are fired form the ports in the protruding base that do not arch backwards. Interestingly, these latter ports are also the one shown in the model kit to be the dainsleifs.... I wonder if there is an animation mistake for the second use of the machine gun, or perhaps, the dainsleifs can also function as machine gun. Heck, maybe the 4 ports can function as both? After all, the Japanese text did not state the number of dainsleif launchers.

AmuroNT1 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:23 am Interestingly, the description suggests that the KV has the appearance of the original Kimaris from the Calamity War (but I'm assuming things like the black lower half was modified to suit Ein's fighting style).
Not necessarily, the Graze Ein's screw punch and drill kick was not really meant to suit Ein's fighting style. It is just an application of the idea that the user of the AV system would treat the MS as his body and hence also used the suit's arms and legs in melee combat to hit the enemy. So for all we know, the drill knee might also be present in the original Calamity War Kimaris for Sir Bauduin's use.

hitokirigarou wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:53 am Regarding the Kimaris Vidar, I'm assuming those two apertures on each movable shield are thrusters?

About the Gusion Rebake Full City, where does it store its halberd?
The apertures on the shields' surface? They seem to be used that way during Kimaris Vidar's fight with Isurugi and Co.
I don't think the anime show the storage point for the halberd. It could be one of those handheld weapons that have no storage point on the suit like the various lances used by Kimaris.
Amion

domino wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:54 pm I think Julietta deserves a Gundam far more than Idiok. With Idiok's dumb luck, he may actually take down Mika :(
Doh. I was thinking that, and I didn't mention it for a reason. :evil:

And ooh... the Kimaris Vidar has Deinsleifs. I can see the Lupus Rex getting the Flauros' launchers, in this case, to stay even with the KV.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
SonicSP

Amion wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:37 pm And ooh... the Kimaris Vidar has Deinsleifs. I can see the Lupus Rex getting the Flauros' launchers, in this case, to stay even with the KV.
The Deinsleifs are only special when they fire the special rare alloy KEP ammunition. It wouldn't be enough to just have the Deinsleif launchers, to stay in par with a Kimaris Vidar who have the ammunition for it.
Calubin_175

Bael's kit release dates should be in time for a special plot gimmick.

There is a 2 week's gap between the HG and 1/100.

So KV is the origin version of Kimaris, while vanilla Kimaris/Trooper are just modernised armor. Could the makeover symbolise some conspiracy regarding Agnika Kaieru in the past?

Alternatively, given that KV is for space decisive battles, the vanilla Kimaris might have also been used and only switched to the KV look in the final battle 300 years ago.

I guess Barbatos's 4th form is also the original.
Arsarcana

Barbatos 4th is supposed to be how it originally looked, though we have no clue what weaponry it might have originally carried. The gauntlet it uses at first and the modified arm that it mounts to were part of its final loadout though. The manual says the gauntlet is assumed to be original equipment but given that it needed a different forearm structure to mount, it's unlikely that the gauntlet was something added later when CGS grabbed weapons for it to use, just in case. Otherwise the thing would presumably have been found with identical arms.

One possibility for Kimaris is that the first armor we see was a deliberate downgrade the Baudins came up with because the original equipment contained the banned Dainslef railguns and there wasn't much point in keeping the complex shoulder shield setup if half the reason for its existence couldn't be used without massive fallout. So, downgrade the weapons a bit but you still have a Gundam Frame so it's not a huge sacrifice. Or it could be that the basic Kimaris and the Trooper gear were original equipment as well and the 'Vidar' gear was a late addition, kind of like Barbatos 6th. The flexibility of frames in IBO can make it a headache trying to figure out what's 'original' to a Gundam and what isn't sometimes. xD
AmuroNT1

E08 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:05 amBesides the dainsleifs in the drill lance, the weapon also seem to have machine guns as shown in ep 45. Question is how many of each? When the machine guns are first used (~18:15-18:16 in the ep) they seem to be fired from the 2 ports that are located in the lance's protruding base that arch backwards. However, when they are used next (~18:25-18:26), they are fired form the ports in the protruding base that do not arch backwards. Interestingly, these latter ports are also the one shown in the model kit to be the dainsleifs.... I wonder if there is an animation mistake for the second use of the machine gun, or perhaps, the dainsleifs can also function as machine gun. Heck, maybe the 4 ports can function as both? After all, the Japanese text did not state the number of dainsleif launchers.
I feel like that's more than likely just an animation error, since going by the model, the back side of the Dáinsleif launchers are open so they be reloaded. It's probably just the top and bottom ports that are machine guns while the side ones are Dáinsleif.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Dark Duel

Personally, I would be much more inclined to think that Kimaris Vidar is an overhaul/upgrade of the Kimaris frame, rather than its original form - something more similar to, say, Barbatos Lupus or Lupus Rex.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
yazi88

Arsarcana wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:07 pm Barbatos 4th is supposed to be how it originally looked, though we have no clue what weaponry it might have originally carried. The gauntlet it uses at first and the modified arm that it mounts to were part of its final loadout though. The manual says the gauntlet is assumed to be original equipment but given that it needed a different forearm structure to mount, it's unlikely that the gauntlet was something added later when CGS grabbed weapons for it to use, just in case. Otherwise the thing would presumably have been found with identical arms.
Its more like the 4th form is close to what Teiwaz's data showed and what they have been able to replicate. Given its been about 300 years later some things they probably can't recreate were possibly left out but what that is we don't know. The outer armor for all the Gundams is interchangeable but is a Gundam specifically assigned for something via its reactors' output? Cause I'm thinking that the Flauro's armor can be put on the Barbatos after a lot of maintenance but the cockpit and synchronization will be a major problem with the pilots.

I wonder if we'll see future MSV (if ever) about the original designs of the Gundams. Cause we have no idea what the original Gusion looked like. The Bael and Flauros were the only ones we saw left exactly the same after the war (in the case of Flauros it was damaged). We don't know how different the Kimaris that Gaelio used in S1 was from the end of the war and whether it was maintained and upgraded over the centuries.
Arsarcana

Like I said, the ease with which parts can be swapped around on the Gundam Frames can be as much of a headache as it is a cool design feature sometimes when you just want to know what the things looked like three hundred years ago.

If we're cataloguing Gundams we know the original state of, we can add Astaroth to the 'known' list (at the very least, we know the Astaroth Origin represents exactly how it was found after the end of the Calamity War) and the Vual is even worse than the Gusion in terms of being unknown since its using armor from Astaroth and two very different weapons, neither of which may be original. I would totally be down for some MSV of the 'Calamity War Era' Gusion, Barbatos (or at least, its original weapons) and maybe even the Vual though MSV of MSV might be pushing it a bit.

Oh, and speaking of things that are interchangeable or not, I wonder if we're ever going to get a canonical explanation for the 'multi-slot launcher' in Kimaris Trooper's chest and what that unique energy circuit is supposed to do. The manual made a point of how its frame had that as an extra feature that set it apart from other Gundam Frames so...
SonicSP

Dark Duel wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:28 pm Personally, I would be much more inclined to think that Kimaris Vidar is an overhaul/upgrade of the Kimaris frame, rather than its original form - something more similar to, say, Barbatos Lupus or Lupus Rex.
We already confirmed that Kimaris Vidar appearance matches the original, so unless the original was carrying dummy shields, I would say this is mostly how it was given how much integration of equipment there is.

I think the equipment set is more believable to as something that is used to fight mobile armors as well with the Drill Lance having mini-Deinsleifs with spare ammunition in the shields. Good for direct close combat against agile mobile armor as opposed to the big Deinsleif which is more for artillery support slower and large things.
E08

I relook at the Japanese text in the manual, and it is ambiguous on whether Kimaris Vidar's appearance is the original Kimaris look during the Calamity War. It simply says that Kimaris Vidar's appearance was confirmed to be used in the Calamity War 300 years ago.
Dark Duel

Huh. I was not aware of that. My mistake, then.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Calubin_175

The phrase: kono sugata and "this appearance of the KV" can be very ambiguious. It could either mean the specific appearance or general appearance, as McGliss regarded it as a contrast to the masked Vidar. Likewise with the term shin/true Kimaris.

Ja.wiki just paraphrased it as a space combat variation which also existed during the Calamity War.

It was said that 18 first production batch Reginlazes were assigned to the Arianrhod fleet. I saw 2 with Iok which were lost on Mars along with 3 Grazes, and I think I saw about 9-12 with Julietta. Of course, they could have gotten more from subsequent batches.
SonicSP

I guess it could have been just an upgrade after all, just an old one instead of modern one like Lupus/Rex. Back to square one now.
domino

Given the clues from this episode, the silhouette is likely a rebuilt Flaurios intended for Julietta. Considering her admiration of Gaelio/Vidar, it makes sense that she'd utilize left-over equipment.
Amion

domino wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:11 am Given the clues from this episode, the silhouette is likely a rebuilt Flaurios intended for Julietta. Considering her admiration of Gaelio/Vidar, it makes sense that she'd utilize left-over equipment.
:lol:

And I could not be more thrilled. It will probably hit me so hard in the mecha fan bolts that I'll be totally converted to the Arianhrod side of the affair. Which, at this point, looks to be the safest place to be. :|
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
AmuroNT1

The Bael manual scans are out!

Model number: ASW-G-01
Height: 18.0 meters
Weight:30.0 tons

The history description says that 1/4 of humanity was wiped out by mobile armors before they started making Gundams in order to fight back. As a result of their success, the Bael and Agnika were raised to the level of deities.

Interestingly, McGillis' profile says that his goal is to turn the world into a meritocracy: "In order to lead humanity to the world where fair competition from power - not families or backgrounds - would determine superiority..."

The profile notes that the Bael's only real weapons are twin swords because Agnika realized that "unbreakable swords" would be the best way to express the superhuman level of reaction speed granted by the Alaya-Vijnana System. It's been in storage since Agnika last used it, so it's in exactly the same state it was in back during the Calamity War. The shoulder symbol (the one that resembles a cornucopia) is apparently Gjallarhorn's emblem from back when it was first established.

The Bael Swords are made from the same rare metal as MS frames; they're stored in racks on dedicated arms in order to minimize the amount of time it takes to draw them. The thruster wings on the backpack each mount an electromagnetic cannon (電磁砲); it doesn't seem to have any other weapons.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
MayflyOfSpace

It's kind of odd that the manual repeatedly mentions that the swords are the only armament, yet the manual also mentions an electromagnetic cannon in each wing.
domino

MayflyOfSpace wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:34 am It's kind of odd that the manual repeatedly mentions that the swords are the only armament, yet the manual also mentions an electromagnetic cannon in each wing.
Perhaps because those cannons are useless without Dainsleif rounds i.e. they're probably rail guns without any standard ammo.

It would be interesting if either Vidar/Bael (or Flaurios-remake?) actually use Dainsleif rounds in this series.