MS Catalog

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
E08

Re: MS Catalog

Just a question. How many of the bending/curving GN beam cannon does the Regnant have? The anime gives the impression that it has two, one in the front of the MA mode (the MS mode's lower waist/groin?) and one in the chest of the MS mode. However, the scan on regnant posted by balofo in the previous page and his earlier scan (which is now inaccessible) only note the one on the chest.
balofo

You are actually right and it has 2 Bending GN Particle Beam Cannons one in the groin in MS mode(pointing downwards) and another one in the chest. The MA Cannon has some structures to its sides that the MS chest one doesn't. The RD could confirm this but I didn't find any under shot of it in MS mode.

https://i.imgur.com/pNRSR9e.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EaGrpy0.jpg

Jp wiki says it can bend the beams because it has 3 firing ports and with GN Field they can freely bend to 120 degress at any time, no source given.
Got Ebikawa's book:
-Amazing Exia Shield has 2x Shield Swords. The opening gimmick is their deployment.
-Adele Cannon's shoulder weapon is called DODS Beam Cannon in the caption.
-Treasure Star: http://i.imgur.com/H3rxALu.jpg
A)Kotetsu Genoace: 4x backpack Ashura Arms, 2x shoulder Genoace beam spray gun? or 2x cannons, 2x shoulder triple missile pod.
B)Lhuga Exes: 2x backpack Beam Sabers, 8x large shoulder thruster beam daggers(maybe the back portion holds the same quantity), 2x side waist beam daggers, 4x front waist beam daggers, 2x knee beam daggers.
-There's an explanation for the GN-IV's GN Hand Grenade(unused in play), it makes a GN particles scattering curtain.
-Regnant: there's a caption saying the the Egner Whips double as a 4x tube GN Vulcans. There's a caption for GN Beam Vulcan but it doesn't indicate where it's but I assume this is for the thigh ones in MS mode(main body in MA form). Should list the beam firing ports from the GN Fangs. The main weapon is called Large GN Particle here. This info matches with the HJ scans I mentioned earlier in the thread. http://i.imgur.com/iKpb5EN.jpg
-Empruss: captions for 4x body GN Verniers/GN Particle Guns and 2x arm GN Beam Guns(the kanji for gun looks different but the scan is too small...). The arm is called a bellows type. This info matches with the HJ scans I mentioned earlier in the thread. http://i.imgur.com/ZtwNEBj.jpg
-Reborns Cannon: caption for each manipulator's finger doubling as a GN vulcan, therefore 6x GN vulcans should be added.
-XN Raiser: as I mentioned before in the ships catalog thread there's a caption for it having 2x additional GN beam guns under.
-Superbia GN-X: the missile hatch is mounted on the inside middle arm section of the Superbia unit according to a rough, must be the same place for the finished version. This was never pointed out.
-GN-X IV's Core Fighter has a hardpoint for the beam rifle. Doesn't say if it can be used by the core fighter only.

That's it.
BTW the Lhuga Exes also has a beam saber/dagger in the foot sole, since it uses that as its special attack. I've never read Treasure Star so I don't know much about it.
balofo

Moriki commented in this month's HJ that he was commissioned to refine the Xi/Penelope twice. First in 2000 for G Gen F and again in 2008, the Xi's tail missile pod comes from the 2008 job.

I believe that's why the finer details for both machines were only revealed recently.
AmuroNT1

I just wanted to note that, to my amusement, the new trailer for Extreme Vs. Maxi Boost ON shows the Gundam Alex using its hyper bazooka, which is its first appearance since the old Gundam FIX action figure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGxxgJmYMI
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

Some info from the gundaminfo MS movie files for AGE:
-No model number for Zeydalus
-Gomel's chest beam cannon is called Gomel Cannon so the same should apply to the Wrozzo as Wrozzo Cannon
-Reganner's 3 main cannons are called large beam cannons(same in AGE Mechanics) not beam rifles
-Thielva is called Thieleva
-They use the AGE Mechanics book's model numbers for the Wrozzo, Gomel, etc not the MS Catalog 2015 ones(your list is already correct)
-Flat's Zefuld Launcher carries large missiles
-No model number for Jilsbain but they mention it has the Jilsbain Sword so you should add its armament list as: beam buster, beam vulcan / saber x 2, Jilsbain sword, Jilsbain gun
-They call the purple Gafran a commander variation as in MS Catalog 2015, same for the Danazine
-Desperado's weapons are correctly named heat schop and heat pickle(matches the katakana in MS Catalog 2015)
-They mention the MOE cameos like the Shaldoll Scout and Adele MkII Cannon
-Xeno's spear has internal machineguns
-Not mentioned on the video but the Gala's morning star also has has internal machineguns
-Xeno and Zila's hand grenades are mounted on their shields so should be listed as shield(hand grenades)
-They mention Sid has dark feathers, in the game it's just the feather missiles used by the Vagan Gear Sid. The video implies they are the red bending beams...
-Genoace Custom gun is said to be able to carry knife parts. Should add knife to its beam spray gun

*Other corrections/additions:
-Danazine's beam shooter doubles as a beam saber
-Maybe add beam sabers/dods guns to the Euba/Zalam MS and the vanilla Genoace as per anime
-Full Glansa is the one with the Glastro Launcher, perhaps only list the additional weapon on its profile plus the plasma diver missile
-Add the colony destroyer to the Gafran. In the game the purple Gafran is called Gafran L and has the model number ovv-fl
-Add the AGE-1SW AGE-1 Swordia, H: 18.3m, W: 44.3t. Armaments: Liberta Blade x1. Beam Saber/Dagger x2, Shield
-Add the red Legilis from MOE as pictured in MS Catalog 2015, it has its own model number: xvm-fzcr, rest is the same. The kit calls it Gundam Legilis [Memory of Eden]
-The Dorado L pictured in MS Catalog 2015 is a mistake, the real lineart for it is in AGE Mechanics(different head and different attachment for the arm missile launcher). Actually only the Dorado L uses the triple missile launchers, the vanilla Dorado uses the triple beam vulcans(the attachment for the arm is different for the 2 extra weapons)
-Baqto's Beam Spike also doubles as a Beam Claw as shown in the anime and lineart
-Farsia/Fawn are shown to have diffuse beam cannons in the chest in Try Age
-Khronos/Zeydra Gun double as beam sabers
-Xamdrag has beam vulcans in each finger toe, so it should have 20x Beam Vulcans in total(the feet ones aren't used in the anime but the lineart shows they share the same design as the hand ones)
-Maybe add the Legilis/Xamdrag Cores
-Legilis also has 2x head Beam Vulcans as shown in the anime
-The Gurdoling has the mechanism for the palm beam saber/beam vulcan but doesn't use it anywhere nor is it listed, who knows?
-Zeheart's Wrozzo has its own model number listed in AGE Mechanics: ovw-dc-2gc, this seems to be a typo and the actual model number should be ovw-dc-zgc(see Legilis R model number for reference)

I guess I covered most of it, I will await for your reply
-
toysdream

Still need to finish checking through all of balofo's last notes (from, gosh, nine months ago!). But I've been adding new material for my own reference - Origin and MSD, Iron-Blooded Orphans, Gundam Try Age - as well as specs for all the G Gundam, Gundam Wing, and Turn A stuff.

Last but not least, I've added in all the sub-flight systems and support mecha. I'm working on a list of non-mobile weapon vehicles, based on the "Ship & Aerospace Plane Encyclopedia," and I needed to make a broad decision about which list to put the support mecha on.

-- Mark
AmuroNT1

I dunno if this is quite within the scope of this topic, but it's another one of those "mystery weapon" questions so it might be relevant.

So, for a while I've been confused as to the design lineart for the Tieren Ground Type, which only comes with the 1/100 model kit. Specifically, the two objects stored inside its left leg shield. At first I thought maybe they were spare rounds for the bazooka (that's also exclusive to this model), but the design is different, so now I'm curious if they're supposed to be grenades. Has anyone heard anything about this?
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

False Prophet

Anyone know which Gundam is this: http://animarchive.tumblr.com/post/1542 ... -hikari-no

Also, is that Sayla siding with Haman?
Chris
Administrator

Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
AmuroNT1

Hey, remember all that discussion and debate we had about the Xi Gundam's mega particle cannons, and how we'd pretty much settled on them coming from the beam sabers like with the ZZ?

Well, it seems SD Gundam G Generation Genesis decided to muddy the waters by showing them coming from the triangular armor "flaps" over the Xi's shoulders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ8FHbTATw8&t=51s

I guess consistency is a little too much to ask for.

EDIT: On the other hand, it does give us a pretty good look at the Hi-Nu Gundam's hyper mega bazooka launcher, which lines up almost exactly with the version from the Extreme Vs. games, so I guess that's the official depiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5mWzZNJrwA&t=1m06s

Massignifico

AmuroNT1 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:57 pm Hey, remember all that discussion and debate we had about the Xi Gundam's mega particle cannons, and how we'd pretty much settled on them coming from the beam sabers like with the ZZ?
It's the same in Gundam Battle Universe, never heard they were in the Beam Sabers.
AmuroNT1

Well, that was the debate; some sources like Battle Universe showed the beams coming from the armor while others like Extreme Vs. seem to show them coming from the sabers' hilts. This might have been supported by the fact that the Odysseus/Penelope has both sabers and MPCs in its forearms...but then, G Gen Genesis also shows that its shields swivel around, indicating that those weapons are separate as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTJyEZp66go&t=42s

Deacon Blues

AmuroNT1 wrote:EDIT: On the other hand, it does give us a pretty good look at the Hi-Nu Gundam's hyper mega bazooka launcher, which lines up almost exactly with the version from the Extreme Vs. games, so I guess that's the official depiction.

Nope... the version that shows up in Beltorchika's Children is much larger and completely different from what is seen in the game. I'd pit the manga version over the game version since Izubuchi is involved in the project.
DragoMaster009

Deacon Blues wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:52 am
AmuroNT1 wrote:EDIT: On the other hand, it does give us a pretty good look at the Hi-Nu Gundam's hyper mega bazooka launcher, which lines up almost exactly with the version from the Extreme Vs. games, so I guess that's the official depiction.

Nope... the version that shows up in Beltorchika's Children is much larger and completely different from what is seen in the game. I'd pit the manga version over the game version since Izubuchi is involved in the project.
If your talking about it missing the power cable, I believe that it appears around the 1:10 mark on the video.
Deacon Blues

The game design is considerably different than the manga version. It's not a matter of the power cables.
Deacon Blues

Dredging this up against my better judgement but I figured it's easier than a new topic. In working on the V Gundam MSV material, there is a beam saber mentioned for the Victory Gundam that is supposedly stored in the armory on Hiland called the 八ッ手ビームサーベル. I haven't seen Victory in well over a decade so I don't recall most things from it. Does this ring a ball for anyone? I've never seen it mentioned outside this booklet.
Kuruni

I think it's usually call 八つ手ビームサーベル. This thing.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Deacon Blues

Kuruni wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:40 am I think it's usually call 八つ手ビームサーベル. This thing.
You literally typed the same word (albeit with hiragana vs katakana). Not that it matters in terms of pronunciation but the way I wrote it is from the book.

I don't believe the javelin is the correct terminology for this unless they changed it in subsequent kits and/or reference books. That's known as a trident anyways (at least in the MS video).
Kuruni

Deacon Blues wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:51 pm You literally typed the same word (albeit with hiragana vs katakana). Not that it matters in terms of pronunciation but the way I wrote it is from the book.
Well, that's how it's writen in G Generation and SRW series.
Deacon Blues wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:51 pm I don't believe the javelin is the correct terminology for this unless they changed it in subsequent kits and/or reference books. That's known as a trident anyways (at least in the MS video).
Totally agree.

Well, I just asked Google what 八つ手 mean. And the first thing on the result is Eight Fingers.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Leon13DM

I know I'm kinda late with this, though I did want to share screencaps of the DTM-6800A Daughtress units equipped with Beam Sabers and a Bazooka to lend credence to their existence and hopefully have these armaments added to their profiles.

https://sta.sh/05mk3hc5zd8
https://sta.sh/01bzfkro9g5y