question about various parts attached on Nouvel GM III

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
domtropen

question about various parts attached on Nouvel GM III

from this pic http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/gun ... 0817010425 what do captions about the addon chest vent, front skirt piece, and upper and lower knee parts say? Also what are the boxes attached to the shield, and the big cylinder thing on the back of the backpack?
Wingnut

Re: question about various parts attached on Nouvel GM III

Let's get around that wiki shrinking the image thing, shall we?

Personally I'd guess the cylinder is a fuel tank.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
MythSearcher

domtropen wrote:from this pic http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/gun ... 0817010425 what do captions about the addon chest vent, front skirt piece, and upper and lower knee parts say? Also what are the boxes attached to the shield, and the big cylinder thing on the back of the backpack?
addon Chest vents: "addon ventilators" Cooling units for improved main generators to give higher output
front skirt: similar yellow thing as RX-78(capacitors), for storing the excess energy from the main generators.
upper knee: Amplifier Aider (strengthening knee joint for the side "knee field motor amplifiers")
lower knee: addon actuators

Boxes on Shield: Close in defense Missile cluster
Big cylinder was not mentioned, but the smaller ones are long range missiles(high accuracy, with the question generated by many, "How do they do it under M particles influences?")
domtropen

Thanks. How does the addon chest vent and knee addons work as external attachments? They don't seem to have any large connection into the body and into knee joint whatsoever. Are some of the chest armor and knee armor removed [but not shown] in order to attach these addons?
MythSearcher

domtropen wrote:Thanks. How does the addon chest vent and knee addons work as external attachments? They don't seem to have any large connection into the body and into knee joint whatsoever. Are some of the chest armor and knee armor removed [but not shown] in order to attach these addons?
It says that these are added on to boost the old/out dated units power, but did not say how they work.

Connection details not shown but assumed to be some kind of docking mechanism to the outer armour. The GM series does seem to have that kind of modification capability.

Rationalization is that it externally increases the field strength of the joints thus doesn't need a direct connection to the internal parts?
Gelgoog Jager

Do you think the attachment on the knees might be similar to the ones of the Powreed GM from 0083. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the Powered GM upgrade was essentially meant to allow a GM C to have ground performance similar to the GP01 as a means to gather data for the later. In such case the leg upgrade for the GM II -> GM III upgrade is likely to have the purpose of allowing a GM III to match the performance of the Mk II despite its base GM II frame.

That being said, I'm a bit confused as why these are attachments for the Nouvelle GM and not integrated into the unit. While we could speculate that some parts might be mass produced and used in both converted and new GM IIIs, the extra chest vents seem to be an exclusive equipment of the Nouvel GM.

As a minor note, I find ironic that the Nouvel GM III needs additional vents considering that the Barzam and Refined Barzam both have a higher generator output and doesn't seem to require vents or at must has some hard to notice ones.
JEFFPIATT

Gelgoog Jager wrote:Do you think the attachment on the knees might be similar to the ones of the Powreed GM from 0083. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the Powered GM upgrade was essentially meant to allow a GM C to have ground performance similar to the GP01 as a means to gather data for the later. In such case the leg upgrade for the GM II -> GM III upgrade is likely to have the purpose of allowing a GM III to match the performance of the Mk II despite its base GM II frame.

That being said, I'm a bit confused as why these are attachments for the Nouvelle GM and not integrated into the unit. While we could speculate that some parts might be mass produced and used in both converted and new GM IIIs, the extra chest vents seem to be an exclusive equipment of the Nouvel GM.

As a minor note, I find ironic that the Nouvel GM III needs additional vents considering that the Barzam and Refined Barzam both have a higher generator output and doesn't seem to require vents or at must has some hard to notice ones.
looking at the two units line art the leg boxes on the Nouvel GM III seem to be smaller than the ones on the normal GM III More than likely on the refurbs the larger leg boxes were added to fit the new RX-179 stylle leg parts like was done on the Powered GM units so that the GP01 parts fitted to the suit would be covered more then likely the parts are Shock Absorbers to compensate for the new thruster parts and because the EFSF would want some part interchangabilty the new production units have the same leg parts so if an refit needed to be field repaired parts from any GM III would work.
MythSearcher

Gelgoog Jager wrote:Do you think the attachment on the knees might be similar to the ones of the Powreed GM from 0083. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the Powered GM upgrade was essentially meant to allow a GM C to have ground performance similar to the GP01 as a means to gather data for the later. In such case the leg upgrade for the GM II -> GM III upgrade is likely to have the purpose of allowing a GM III to match the performance of the Mk II despite its base GM II frame.

I guess the GM Powered had similar ideas?
Whatever the way of powering the unit up, I guess if you added power assist, you can give it higher performance. It was not integrated inside because they can have more space to work with if it is mounted outside.(I imagine it will not be efficient, but works)

BTW, I don't see how the vents help in space, really, you can't get much help from vents in space and most of the units that added vents are mainly used in space...
JEFFPIATT

MythSearcher wrote:

I guess the GM Powered had similar ideas?
Whatever the way of powering the unit up, I guess if you added power assist, you can give it higher performance. It was not integrated inside because they can have more space to work with if it is mounted outside.(I imagine it will not be efficient, but works)

BTW, I don't see how the vents help in space, really, you can't get much help from vents in space and most of the units that added vents are mainly used in space...
The difference between the Powered GM and the Nouvel GM III is that the Powered Gm was just an test platform for early GP-01 parts built from an existing set of RGM-79C units with the test parts put under "boxes" welded over the gaps put in the armor to fit the larger Gundam parts on the body. the two GM III units are field combat ready ms and to avoid parts shortages with there MS corps it would fit that certain components would be retained on both units to increase interchangeability of parts yes it's an all new unit but it's still the same model code the best explation could be that the Nouvel GM III units are built on AE lines that put out Nemo's before and the few tweaks are taken from the Nemo tech line and led to AE getting the Contract to build the later RGM units.
Chavelo

Perhaps those attachments on the knees could be the supplemental reactors developed in the RX-78-2. Where it takes the excess heat from the reactor to run turbines for extra power. o-o;