Assault Suits series

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Chris
Administrator

Assault Suits series

This is probably limited in appeal to old school gamers. If you ever played the Genesis game Target: Earth or the SNES game Cybernator, they're both actually part of the Assault Suit series in Japan. Target: Earth (aka Assault Suit Leynos), received a
  • PS4 remake
that was recently published in the West. I've only just started playing today, but I'm wondering what other fans think of this game or the rest of the series.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
yazi88

Re: Assault Suits series

Is it good? I'm thinking of picking it up. Haven't played a old school side schroll mech shooter in a long time.
Henyo

i may or may not have played this back in the days. i never owned an SNES just played on a rental shop. i do like the gameplay. so much that i played the similar Gunhoun EX for the PSP.

time to watch them no commentary playthrough. :D
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Henyo

i may or may not have played this back in the days. i never owned an SNES just played on a rental shop. i do like the gameplay. so much that i played the similar Gunhoun EX for the PSP.

time to watch them no commentary playthrough. :D
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
yazi88

Finally picked the game up on my PS4, its a fun but really hard game... even harder than Hard Corps Uprising, which I have beaten.
Ryujin

Leynos was really fun on the Megadrive back in the day. I loved it for the mecha designs & the 2nd stage with allies & enemies in a chaotic, zero-g free-for-all. It helped a lot that you could gain access to all of the weapons at the end of the first stage if you fulfilled a certain condition.

The enemy grunts could also be surprisingly powerful when under the control of player 2.
J-Lead

Chris wrote:This is probably limited in appeal to old school gamers. If you ever played the Genesis game Target: Earth...
YES I HAVE!!!

And I cannot for the life of me tell you how unbelievably happy it makes me that they recreated the game so faithfully from the looks of it, right down to the soundtrack.

They even remade the intro, completely shot for shot with a fantastic modernization of the theme song.

Holy crap, thank you for making me aware of this!
Spoiler
Strangely enough, the only incentive I have had so far to get a PS4 has been remakes...
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."