Victory Gundam and Star Wars.

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
DivineStrike

Victory Gundam and Star Wars.

In the season 2 finale of Star Wars Rebels which is Canon BTW, we see Imperial Inquisitors using their light sabers in a way that is very familiar to us Gundam fans.

The Inquisitors use their light sabers as beam rotors to flay around, just like the BESPA, and Zanscare Forces in Victory Gundam. this makes me wonder if there's some Gundam fans on the Star Wars Rebels team.

Link below go to the 1:10 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IahFi5TSzYc
YokozunaBulldozer

Re: Victory Gundam and Star Wars.

Considering the combining sequence of Dreamworks' Voltron is very similar to Gaigaigar's final fusion sequence I say probably yes. :)
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Omnislayer

It's possible, but it's be the first direct anime reference in the series if it was.
One thing that's interesting to note is Rebels is written by the by the Star Wars Story group, who also substantially involved with the new films as well.
PSN- blackatt66
Steam- omni_slayer
eanetdude

Omnislayer wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:36 am It's possible, but it's be the first direct anime reference in the series if it was.
One thing that's interesting to note is Rebels is written by the by the Star Wars Story group, who also substantially involved with the new films as well.
Not the first anime reference. If I recall correctly, the location where Kanan fought the Inquisitor at the end of season 1 was taken from the inside of a ship from the original Macross series. This info was revealed on the episode guide on their .com site.
Arbiter GUNDAM

eanetdude wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:35 pm
Omnislayer wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:36 am It's possible, but it's be the first direct anime reference in the series if it was.
Not the first anime reference. If I recall correctly, the location where Kanan fought the Inquisitor at the end of season 1 was taken from the inside of a ship from the original Macross series. This info was revealed on the episode guide on their .com site.
If it was the engine room of a Venator-class Star Destroyer then I believe they mentioned that in a visual guide even earlier.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
tHeWasTeDYouTh

watching the lightsaber helicopter thing made me laugh so hard and in a bad way
idk it just looked dumb but then again "lightsabers" aren't real sooooooo
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!