Gundam Wing GOL/FT/MG new stuff THREAD

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
meer campbell

Re: Gundam Wing GOL/FT/MG new stuff THREAD

So Beta wants to die? Sounds like the Heero we know in early Wing. Suicidal. If he says anything about his life being cheap we have confirmation.

I find it hilarious that new units are talked about in every chapter and we never get pictures. How many units has this cr-novel produced that have never been show? At least 30, right? How can they write a mech novel without visual representation of the mechs?
J-Lead

meer campbell wrote:How many units has this cr-novel produced that have never been show? At least 30, right?
Considering Warlock, Prometheus, and Scheherazade all have completely separate original designs for both their AC and MC incarnations, you'd technically have to count them twice. :)
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Arsarcana

J-Lead wrote:Considering Warlock, Prometheus, and Scheherazade all have completely separate original designs for both their AC and MC incarnations, you'd technically have to count them twice. :)
So let's see:

Snow White
Warlock AC
Warlock MC
Prometheus AC
Prometheus MC
Scheherazade AC
Scheherazade MC
Epyon Bai
Wyvern
Proto Zero (crossover with GoL)
Wing Zero Black
Tallgeese Zilong (showed up in Episode Zero first)
Tallgeese Heaven
Leo 'Chimaera'
Leo II 'Chimaera New'
Leo IV 'Greif'
Tragos II
Virgo III 'Astoria'
Virgo IV
Aquila
MD Maganac

Plus 13 types of Mars Suits with four variations each based on the camera shape, but we'll ignore that for now. So... yeah, if you count all 13 hypothetical Mars Suits despite us not seeing all of them yet, you get 34 suits even if some are just variants of existing models. And that's assuming I haven't forgotten any and it's also not counting things like the Sagittarius which aren't suits but count as new mechanical designs. If they animate FT (god forbid!) or otherwise wind up having to show us what all these things look like, someone is going to be very busy.
balofo

So they're setting the 2nd Lunar War so the 5 boys have an explanation for having superior pilot skills in AC 195:
-Alpha in Proto Zero with Doppelt Zwerg
-Beta in MA-less Wing
-Trowa in Prometheus
-Wufei in Tallgeese Zhilong
-Duo maybe in the Devil, since for now Meilan and her twin sister are using it
-Quatre in Scheherazade, Zechs has it for now but when Quatre arrives in the moon he's surely getting to pilot it again

Treize and the Specials will use Leo V Nemea, I don't think we will get a custom Leo like the Grief again

I also think Zechs and Erv will rejoin OZ during this
Mimeblade

balofo wrote:
http://www.amiami.jp/blog/2014/11/gunplaexpo_01/63.jpg

-TBR addon is called Drei Zwerg (Three Dwarfs)
-Single is Messer Zwerg(Knife Dwarf), sextuplet is Drei Zwerg Doppelt(Three Dwarfs Double)
-Snow White's Seven Dwarfs prototype?

Just want to correct that the only addons by Katoki are the Rosette and the Drei Zwerg, all the other ones are by the manga artist
Just curious but, "plot-wise" how many times has the Zwerg been used so far?
meer campbell

Once in GOTL, Heero uses it before he switches to Epyon. It fires once before breaking down.
I think once in the flashbacks by Odin Lowe in Proto Zero in a scene that mirrors the end of Wing or something like that.

Wait, that was for 3. 6 were used by Alpha to destroy the Gundanium deposit and it altered the shape of the moon.
Mimeblade

Okay, I just recently had my mind blown.

If Tallgeese is just a "white custom Leo", exactly what makes it so special?

Or Tallgeese Flugel / Tallgeese Heaven for that matter?

Can't be just the pilot, can it???
ShadowCell

"put the fancy gundam-looking head on it! they'll never know!"
Mimeblade

That just makes things all the worse when you consider that Wing Zero was using Tallgeese for spare parts... just... what?
ShadowCell

well that's okay, it turns out the wing zero, tallgeese, and leo all have cross-compatible cupholders C:
Amion

Plot armor. You see, when you want spare parts from the Leo to fit a Gundam, just go sit in the Leo for a few until the plot armor warps reality within that given space. Afterwards, several tropes are invoked, and you can seamlessly add them to the superior machine without effort or trouble of compatibility.

Besides, that fancy Gundam head will fool any application of physics into thinking it's something that it clearly isn't--oooh, shiny head gear. What were we talking about?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Arsarcana

The Tallgeese is about a meter taller than a Leo and two tons heavier. The first episode where it appears has that one OZ officer specifically note that the Leo is a scaled down Tallgeese, so the fact that the two share the same head design under the armor isn't a surprise and it doesn't make the Tallgeese just a Leo with a fancy head and new paintjob. And since the Gundams were all based on the Tallgeese and designed by the exact same people (with Wing Zero being the first Mobile Suit they made, as a team) it's not surprising that they share some parts.

Mind you, I do like the idea that plot armor reality warping explains the Leo being made of hydrogen-soaked cardboard 99% of the time and low-grade indestructium when a main character is inside one but that's neither here nor there.
balofo

FT chapter info:
-big chapter with 20 pages and lots of action
-Devil renamed to Warlock
-Meilan's sister dies piloting Warlock, she meets Wufei for the 1st time
-Wufei using Zi Long battles 5 Griefs
-Treize in a white Grief battles Zechs in a black Grief, Treize wins and Zechs comes back to OZ. First time Treize mentions the names of his dead comrades in battle.
-Space Aries appear
-Lady Anne joins OZ
-Alpha and Proto Zero were recovered by the Winner family after drifting in space

more info soon
Amion

I know most of that had to be leaving important details out, because it actually sounded marginally intelligible this time. Which means something must be wrong.
meer campbell

Didn't Elv go with Zechs? What happened to him?
meer campbell

Volume 13 will be the last and will be released with 12. I knew they'd end at 13. Release date is 12/23 so basically our Christmas present is the end of the novel.
Amion

I don't really see how they can wrap anything up in one more release. Then again, how do you wrap up a tangled web of loose ends?
meer campbell

Yeah, we literally have at most 2 "chapters" left. Even if we got 20 pages again in each one that shouldn't be enough to solve the Second Lunar War and the current plot which is heading for interplanetary war. I feel the last chapter is going to end the current plot line and end with TBC. Warlock and Snow White will be the cover suits for the last volumes and the animation will possibly be announced.
Mimeblade

Amion wrote:I don't really see how they can wrap anything up in one more release. Then again, how do you wrap up a tangled web of loose ends?
By self-destructing a Gundam, of course! :D