The Official Gundam Thunderbolt Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deacon Blues

The Official Gundam Thunderbolt Anime Thread Mk I

It's no surprise that Gundam Thunderbolt has become a highly successful manga series in Japan, selling over one million copies as of Volume 4. The level of detail in the comic has truly shined courtesy of manga artist Yasuo Ohtagaki. It's definitely something Gundam hasn't seen before. Odd story aside, however... With that, Big Comic Superior, the magazine that is serializing the comic listed a preview in one of its issues that a "groundbreaking important announcement" is in store.

So, now with the speculation:

Back on September 8th, Sunrise registered the domain name "gundam-tb.net". It's not unusual for manga series to get their own website. The Astray series has its own portal, however this domain registration may just be a more centralized site for the ever-popular series (possibly fleshing out more on the series than the Comic Superior website, but seeing that Sunrise has now stepped in and locked its claws on it, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a new series following on the tail of Iron-Blooded Orphans in the future.

Just some random Gundam lore to share. :D
J-Lead

Re: [Rumors & News] - Gundam Thunderbolt Anime Incoming?

Isn't Thunderbolt basically "Alternate UC?"
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Deacon Blues

I don't really see anything that would throw this into the "alternate" category... I mean you do have some weird stuff like the "Thunderbolt Sector" which is a main supply route to A Baoa Qu for the Zeons which was never mentioned before... not to mention the whole "gimp" band of brothers with the Reuse P Device and what not. It could be worked into the main stream. Though I'm not sure how they'd handle that pseudo-religious faction of the South Seas Alliance... 0_o
Xenosynth

http://www.gundam-tb.net/

Site is up, looks like your suspicions were true!
bilbros

Well, if I read correctly, on the only available page of http://gundam-tb.net/ they're explicitely mentioning an anime adaptation for Thudnerbolt, so it seems yours is more than just a speculation!
Nice catch, Deacon 8)

As a side note, way back when they released volume 1 there was a kind of short motion comic video on the manga website...
Kuruni

So they finally drop "anime-first" rule.

I mean CCA, Unicorn, and Origin can be considered as special cases. Thunderbolt doesn't has the same status as they are.

Now people will harass Sunrise for Crossone anime...
My girlfriend was a loli.
monster

Kuruni wrote:So they finally drop "anime-first" rule.

I mean CCA, Unicorn, and Origin can be considered as special cases. Thunderbolt doesn't has the same status as they are.

What do you mean?
YokozunaBulldozer

monster wrote:
Kuruni wrote:So they finally drop "anime-first" rule.

What do you mean?
I am not sure about CCA but what I think Kuruni means is that the source material for the Gundam series he mentioned are not anime but books, specifically novel series for Unicorn, manga for Origin(and CCA has a novel adaptation which I am not certain if that was first).
Thunderbolt also started as a manga when typically the source material for Gundam shows are anime and side story materials are made into print medium during the airing of the show or after the show is over.
While we are on the subject of Thunderbolt, it had some hype early on because the guy who works on Moonlight Mile is working on it and even had the mobile suits out as hg gunpla a year or two ago.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
battletech

Re: The Official Gundam Thunderbolt Anime Thread Mk I

Poor post F91 era is never going to get any love. This is good though. I hear great things about the manga.
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
balofo

Will the OYW milking ever end?
Deacon Blues

balofo wrote:Will the OYW milking ever end?
It's clearly profitable!
Chris
Administrator

Where'd that image come from? I don't see it on the new anime site.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
ShadowCell

so what does this story have going for it that no others do? genuinely curious, since gundam wiki gonna gundam wiki.
balofo

Chris wrote:Where'd that image come from? I don't see it on the new anime site.
Hmmm, I saw it flying through the net but a reverse image search nets no results. At least I can confirm that lineart isn't the same from the manga color one.

It's either an elaborate fake or legit
Turn-A Binker

Chris wrote:Where'd that image come from? I don't see it on the new anime site.
I saw it on GundamGuy blog. There are images of the models, which he did point out were for the manga only, but the image in question was below the anime version of the titlecard.
LightningCount

Interesting news. I'm really hoping Blue Destiny gets an anime treatment some day, especially with the new manga now up and running...
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
YokozunaBulldozer

ShadowCell wrote:so what does this story have going for it that no others do? genuinely curious, since gundam wiki gonna gundam wiki.
Nothing too fancy, it starts off during the end times of the One Year War and takes place at the Thunderbolt Sector where a lot of electric discharge occurs due to colony debris and Federation and Zeon fight to take control of the supply route.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Deacon Blues

Interesting... the model on the image that he linked to is the spitting stance of the black and white lineart that was released, only a bunch of the details were dumbed down. I can't find my color lineart book, but I'm willing to bet that is where it's from...
zetatype

Huh.....other than seeing the title pop up from time to time I know nothing about this gundam series. Wonder if I should go in blind or try to look up the source material.