Gundam 0083 Rebellion manga

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
excalibur2008

Re: Gundam 0083 Rebellion manga

ShadowCell wrote:sure must suck being the Zeon remnants' accountant, though

"um sir about these numbers--"
"WE WILL BUILD ANOTHER MONSTROUS MOBILE ARMOR"
"well yes about that--"
"IT WILL BE MADE WITH APSALUS PARTS"
"sir the shipping costs alone--"
"ALSO ADZAM"
"sir where will we even find--"
"WE WILL HAVE A PIECE OF ZAKU ON IT"
"please sir--"
"IT WILL BE A SYMBOL OF ZEON"
"well yes i guess so sir"
So basically the same crap that probably contributed to them losing the war in the first place.
domino

Is it really anymore silly than investing resources to fix the Val Varo?

Zeon believes in might over numbers - always has.
excalibur2008

domino wrote:Is it really anymore silly than investing resources to fix the Val Varo?

And they always lose.

They go for flashy uber weapons that probably eat up large amounts of resources they don't have a lot of and then get their asses handed to them the first time a Gundam shows up and then is promptly abandoned so they can move on to the next over designed behemoth.

The Galactic Empire got away with doing that sort of thing because they had a large industrial base to call on and even they stuck to the one ultimate weapon design just refining it to remove the design flaws instead of idiotically starting from scratch.
domtropen

Well they always have more problem with manpower than resources. And those MAs are mostly parts already avaliable in storage, so why not fixing or cobble up what they already have in stock?
AmuroNT1

domino wrote:Is it really anymore silly than investing resources to fix the Val Varo?

I confess it's been a few years since I watched 0083, but didn't Kelly restore the Val Varo by himself in his junkyard?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
zetatype

AmuroNT1 wrote:

I confess it's been a few years since I watched 0083, but didn't Kelly restore the Val Varo by himself in his junkyard?
Pretty much. Other than the gold bars they used to purchase the Val Varo from Kelly there is nothing in the anime that suggests they provided any parts or materials. Granted we don't know exactly what condition it was in before Kelly restored it.
Deacon Blues

The unit is referred to as the "Adzam Repair". Also, the shot misses of course.

Following the shot, Miller slaps Nina around with some berating dialogue. She collapses on the deck of the bridge. Miller yells at her to get up. She tells her to get up and bear witness, asking her what the hell she created the weapons for then. Nina stammers out that she created weapons and questions that the MS are a weapon? Miller retorts that it's her duty as an engineer and Nina stammers out a questioning response of "My duty?"
Dark Duel

As much as I disliked Miller when she showed up in the 08th MS Team OVA, I heartily approve of anyone calling out Nina on Anaheim's shenanigans. Maybe because I dislike Nina even more. Wish I could read this for myself.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
balofo

Gundam Ace has never been better with so many good manga running concurrently: GOL, BD and 0083 Rebellion

These 3 make up for all the other garbage Gundam manga from the past and present
AmuroNT1

At this point, it really does feel like Alice Miller has become an avatar for the audience, whose primary purpose is to shove a mirror in front of all the plotholes and poor characterization from the original anime and force them to admit what they really are.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Deacon Blues

Volume 5 has the third installment of SOLDIER'S DAY in it. The Kraken team attacks the same harbor we see in Gundam Unicorn in an attempt to let Clara Lodge slip away undetected. Her mission is to get into outer space and find Cima Garahau.
Gelgoog Jager

An off-topic request for those that bought volume 4:

Does anyone still has an unused DLC code for PS3 Gundam Battle Operation, that was included with the manga which you might be willing to part with?
Zeonista

It's certainly more interesting than a bunch of late-type Zaku IIs giving hell to Special Forces Feddies piloting high-performance GMs.

Now that I think about it this scenario surely makes the feds look less like incompetents: not being able to shot down two big and slow ms who jumps just in front of your AA guns its worse than being attacked by an improbable conglomeration of old MAs who no one knew about.
These two statements pretty much cover why the manga gives Bitter a Mobile Armor. I much preferred the veteran Zeon MS company staying with the OAV theme (post Torrington) of giving the Feddies a lesson that tech only goes so far, you have to use it well and be willing to go to the wall to win. But there it is, the big nasty MA...and it was a little cool. Would you guys have believed me anyway if I said it wasn't cool at all? :lol:

Nina is an easy target for Miller to vent on, but she is there, and the manga has the time to for someone in EFF uniform to complain to/at Nina as to why AE served up powerful death machines for Zeon to steal. If Nina was less naive she would have said "because your bosses paid us to do so", but that's not a line for her to say. There's plenty of upcoming time on the Moon to get into AE's role, but Nina is a R&D wonk who still is just catching on that "atashi no Gandamu" are powerful weapons as well as nifty mecha. (Will Nina ever understand the deeper meaning of a Gundam equipped to launch a nuclear warhead in the wake of the Antarctic Treaty?) But yelling at Nina won't answer the really unpleasant questions as to who is helping the Zeon remnants moving around mecha parts and supplies on Earth and why they think doing so is a good idea.

The subplot to get a message up to Cima Garahau is more good behind-the-scenes maneuvering. It makes Cima's presence in Earth's orbit less of a random event and more of a planned meeting. It also is a good wink-nudge concerning Cima-sama's separate individual planning independent from Delaz's strategy.

I would love to know what Kou says to have a usually laid-back guy like Sanders slug him one.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
balofo

Another interesting change: this time Kou goes to the moon for the Full Burnern upgrade but there's no Val Varo ordeal, he just comes back in time to save the Albion using the Blossom Beam Rifle ridin a SFS. Since Kelly already appeared I wonder how they're gonna use him.

https://i.imgur.com/rwA8jGt.jpg
Deacon Blues

Kelly hasn't appeared in the story... aside from that stint of him during the OYW... (lest I recall that is).
ieh4f

balofo wrote:I just had to open a topic to discuss the awesomeness of this manga. This along GOL, BD and Ghost are the only worthwhile current mangas on Gundam Ace. This is how you do a retell: more backstory, more action, more MSV, more Ace X Ace fights, fixing the originals mistakes/plotholes, etc. Z Define is the opposite, nothing can save that one.

Cool things that already happened:
-Backstory of Kou's academy time. Torrington arrival and training.
-Cima attacking the Albion as it heads to the moon to collect the 2 GP series MSes.
-Gato singlehandedly kicking Bate, Adel and Monsha's asses(all using GM Customs) riding his custom HM Zaku from MSV-R using Garden of Thorn's debris and hidden weapon caches.
-Flashback to 01/0080 when the Zeon forces that fled A Baoa Qu meet to discuss what to do. Cima is denied entry to Axis then she sorties in her Custom Gelgoog Marine and has a short skirmish with Gato riding the elusive Dom Funf.

This is shaping up to be one the BEST Gundam mangas ever. And I don't even like the 0083's story and characters :D
What is GOL, BD and Ghost exactly?
Zeonista

I miss having the Luna Lobster in the story, but it's an acceptable deletion. Giving Cima an assault spotlight is mighty, not to mention the furor over her being denied welcome at Axis. The duel between her and Gato explains his anger and her smugness to a more satisfying degree.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
zetatype

ieh4f wrote:
balofo wrote:I just had to open a topic to discuss the awesomeness of this manga. This along GOL, BD and Ghost are the only worthwhile current mangas on Gundam Ace. This is how you do a retell: more backstory, more action, more MSV, more Ace X Ace fights, fixing the originals mistakes/plotholes, etc. Z Define is the opposite, nothing can save that one.
What is GOL, BD and Ghost exactly?
The Glory of Losers (retelling of Gundam Wing), Blue Destiny, and...well Ghost (Crossbone sequel)
ieh4f

Does ghost still heave the phantom gundum as the main mech?