Gundam 0083 Rebellion manga

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Strike Zero

Re: Gundam 0083 Rebellion manga

Brave Battle Warriors may have featured some comedy, but for the most part it was a fairly serious show with a lot of violence and people dying some pretty brutal deaths, so, yeah, I don't find this to be too particularly out of place. It sure as hell isn't as graphic as HellCat led me to believe, what with his insinuations of Diao Chan being raped for multiple pages. Blowing things out of proportion, much?
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
HellCat

Brave Battle Warriors was aimed primarily at kids. It aired in 15 minute installments paired with other kids shows and although it wasn't completely sugary was certainly shooting for a younger audience than a given traditional Gundam show.

I may have slightly overstated the scene in question, but I think it's still surprisingly blunt given the target audience (and in general does last multiple pages). Characters died in BBW but never to the kind of extremes the comic went with. Usually it was villains who had already sold their soul and left the heroes with no option but to kill them (the animated version involved two brothers who independently dabbled in dark power after having backstabbed everyone and were transformed into single minded monsters who attack their own troops). The comic has stuff like Chouhi feeling it's justified to strike a woman if she knows more than a man and two young heoric princes hunting tigers for sport. All characteristics that don't appear in the original comics or show.

Heck, the original manga (done by Tokita) and the show predicts Quebely as basically the only one who is allowed to talk to Ryofu as an equal and and he loses it when Toutaku kills her (he gets revenge in some extra pages for her when Tokita added them for the completed volume after Comic Bom Bom ended him rushing a tiny plot hole). So why the hell the guy doing this other manga feels rape fits makes no sense.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Chris
Administrator

Guys, this is a 0083 manga thread, not BBW. That's enough off topic.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
balofo

We're getting sea warfare before getting to Africa! G-Fighter II design(Can it dock with GP01?). Also new GP-01 water equipment.

http://i.imgur.com/98nyXia.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/L6OpLiM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rINueqt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QGCHuDS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1vY3eZw.jpg
Zeonista

This manga must be animated so we can enjoy the story again with more detail!! This I command!!

The story continues to be a real delight, with the changes only seeming to enhance the story. Miller's presence as the Inquisitor (sorry "investigator") seems like a good and expected reaction by Jaburo, following the FUBAR event that was the GP-02's mecha-jacking. Synapse isn't going to like her presence at all, but what can he do? The commanding officer at Torrington is dead, the Zeon officer (positively identified as ace pilot Anavel Gato) got onto his ship & off again with a valuable MS, with nuke loaded no less. Yeah, it can't help but look bad...

Dick's survival was a little interesting, but I could accept it since his death in the anime was the result of circumstance in the heat of combat. Change events a little and his piloting skill carries him through. His desire to pilot the GP-01 instead of Kou is understandable, even though it won't happen. However I believe that Dick wo't make it into space; either the MSM force or General Bitter's force will do for him as a token victory before Kou & Keith save the day.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Zeonista

Man, Kou gets a lot more fun with Gundam here. The GP-01 really gets a lot more data collection here.... Who gets to be the G-Fighter pilot?

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
CloudFF7

Liking all the new add-ons, and how the story is being more expanded upon.

With Matt Healy and Noel Anderson appearing, I have hopes to seeing other manga gundam heroes cameos, such as Ford Romfellow, Agar and Hugues Courand.
Deacon Blues

Part of me never understood why, for gods sake, the nuke was loaded into the suit that night... when they were going to test them the next day. Did the test involve some sort of firing of the nuke in the desert? :/
AmuroNT1

I've always wondered that. I mean hell, when I talk to people about 0083, that's the second plothole they notice (the first being "Why the hell would the Federation build the GP02 to begin with?") Where were they going to test that thing?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
HellCat

It always struck me as blunt selling of the point the Federation were arrogant and lazy.

Again, never a fan of 0083. Surely the OYW was enough justification to put a strangehold on the colonies for EF?
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Kratos

Although it is awfully convenient for Gato that they loaded it when they did, I don't see why the Federation wouldn't test the GP-02 in the Australian desert. I mean, they'd naturally want to test fire this new delivery system, and isn't using a desert for that purpose kind of the precedent? The US tested nukes in Nevada all the time in real life.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Deacon Blues

Can't remember if there was a gag comic on it or not, but I can just picture Gato stealing the suit, waiting all that time to fire the nuke only for the sequence to malfunction and it fizzle out... haha
toysdream

It does seem weird that they'd leave a live warhead sitting unguarded in the GP02 overnight. If we were looking for a rationalization, perhaps they were planning to test it that night? Or perhaps the Albion was going to take off and test it someplace else?

What I'm wondering now is who the GP02's test pilot was going to be. Maybe poor old Kalent. :-)

-- Mark
Deacon Blues

Let's chime in with the latest chapter, shall we?

Chapter.15 A Running Battle on the Indian Ocean

Mora is yelling at the crew to get the aqua loadout loaded onto the G-Fighter II. Nina isn't too pleased with the process saying that it's not her Gundam (as in the state that it is in). Synapse is meeting with the Burning team on the bridge (Miller is still present). He asks Uraki whether he is capable of doing the job. Uraki says he's been briefed on the underwater loadout and that there shouldn't be any issues.

Meanwhile, the Federation Navy is engaged with the enemy suits. Several Aqua GMs attack the Grabro, but the pilots puts them out of their misery soon enough. Gato, on the other hand, is getting impatient and wants to go out and fight. He believes they're going to sink. The captain chides him by saying they can't be sunk that easily. He says he vowed to get him to Africa and that he should leave matters of the sea to them (the crew).

As Uraki prepares to launch with the G-Armor II, Nina wishes for his return to herself. As they launch, Keith brings up to Allen that another unit has engaged the enemy. Burning tells Allen that after they've located the submarine he's to release Uraki and provide support from the skies. As he is telling Uraki of his duties, he reminds him that he is a newbie and that it's one shot and retreat.

Cue discussion about the rifle (I'm skipping this for now, talking about why it's one shot, etc).

Uraki gets lost in his thoughts and Allen snaps at him saying he doesn't understand anything. Burning is still on the comms and explodes on him telling him to get a grip, stow the chatter since they're on a mission. Keith relays in that they've spotted the ships engaging the enemy.

The Federation vessels begin dumping mines overboard to bomb the submarine. On the sub, the sonar operator relays that the Kraken team has detected two ships in the sky. Uraki is trying to get released from the Armor, but Allen tells the cargo to shut it. Meanwhile, Fisheyes (the Balls from the Igloo manga) are being prepped for launch. However, just as they're going to be launched, the Z'Gok and Hygogg jump up onto the ships and start attacking!

Uraki is still pleading with Allen to release him, with Keith even interjecting, asking what the hell he thinks he is doing. Allen says he's showing them his true power and fires a shot at the enemy on the ship. The shot manages to cross both ships bows and melts off the hands of both enemy units. At this rate, they're done. The Grabro, meanwhile, breaks off from the sub.

Uraki finally gets deployed into the ocean. The Fisheyes approach the sub as Keith wonders if Kou will succeed or not. As they're flying overhead, they notice that a civilian ship is steaming ahead into the battle zone. Allen quips that it's unfortunate for them. Keith suddenly notices that one of the Zeon units is approaching the ship. They fire another shot at the Grabro, but don't hit it. The Fisheyes have latched onto the ship and the Captain orders an emergency surfacing to shake them off.

Uraki faces the submarine... "Why hasn't Unit 2 come out? I'll shoot! I'll really shoot!" Screaming, he fires off a missile at the submarine. It hits the sub and explodes. As the sub goes down, he's still looking for Gato to come out. The chapter closes with the sub sinking to the bottom of the sea with Kou in the cockpit wondering why Gato didn't come out...

I'm guessing that Gato somehow got off onto that civilian freighter that somehow managed to just steam its way into a battle. Kind of a lame way for the crew to go, but it was an interesting battle that nonetheless adds excitement in attempting to recover Unit 2!
balofo

Deacon, ETA on the vol releases?
Deacon Blues

I'm still working on them... I've just been super lazy as of late. Plus, I didn't realize that almost all of the screenshots I stitched together were off a wee bit so I had to scrub them all :/
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:I'm still working on them... I've just been super lazy as of late. Plus, I didn't realize that almost all of the screenshots I stitched together were off a wee bit so I had to scrub them all :/
Cool, thankfully I have the raws to pass the time.

Did all the Zeon submarine crew already die? Even the MA/MS pilots?
Zeonista

The chapter on the undersea battle was interesting. After the first series, there few battles involving marine types, so this was a rare treat. My own reading on the result is that the Grabro (a Mobile Armor) did the transfer of Unit 2 to the freighter, which was a Remnants charter. It also explains how Gato was able to safely disembark from the submarine to a port on Africa. The freighter will do it with GP-02 as "cargo", and then Gato will get a ride to Bitter's base. The freighter does seem a little convenient, but in real-world exercises and deployments the U.S. Navy has to allow for the presence of civilian shipping and boating traffic. No, blowing up a passing freighter because it might be involved will not be viewed as an acceptable result!

Kou still gets no respect, but with his specialized role Allen will not be ready to let Kou go at the drop of a hat. Allen sounds like he wants payback more than a successful mission, Gato can escape as long as Allen can sink some Zeeks. That won't go over well, since we know already that Gato of course did not go down with the U-cruiser.

balofo

Nice, the Blash XBR-L-83d Experimental Beam Rifle from the cd drama is actually mounted on G Fighter-II.