Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

The place to share your artwork.
Dark Duel

Re: Dark Duel's Shop-Fu and assorted artsy stuff

Nope - no relation to Kira. ND HE is, in the story, basically a memory clone of a younger Gai Murakumo, IIRC created based on data from Gai's earlier days, when he was in the Alliance.
ND HE
LG-GAT-X105 Gale Strike Gundam
I remember way back when the Gale Strike and its pilot were first revealed, I speculated based on the color scheme and combat capabilities of the Gale Strike that ND HE could be a clone of Gai - turned out I was right :P

But yes, it is interesting how much he looks like Heero. Especially the hair.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Dark Duel

Well, I've revisited the Knight Saviour, and thought I'd run it by y'all:
Ver2.0
(for comparison, here's Ver1.0)

A while back I also did a slight edit of the first ND HE pic I'd done, this time with a standard OMNI Enforcer helmet instead.

Thoughts?

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Scorpio[pt]

nice improvements :)
Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.
Dark Duel

Finally found the means to do art for a ZAFT normal suit for my one female character so far in the rewrite, and did this pic

Dark Duel

I tweaked the Knight Saviour a bit more.
changed the faceplate and color scheme a bit...I LIKE how it came out.

Thoughts?

Amion

This version seems....I don't know...crisper somehow. Excellent work. Although considering my poor, poor coloring ability, that might not be saying much. But it looks good!
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Dark Duel

I think it's the white, coupled with the added detailing on the legs, that has that effect. That said, I'm glad y'all like it.
This variant of the paint scheme, by the way, is inspired by the same source that is alluded to in its model number. See if you can guess.
In the meantime, I have a few new pics I've done.

First is A Custom ReZEL I did. Basically just took a stock ReZEL, added the binders from the ReZEL C, and the hip thrusters from those two über-ReZEL variants whose names currently escape me - the one with the twin Mega Beam Launcher and redesigned boosters, and the one with the giant missile boxes and the ZZ's beam sabers.

Then there's this whole set of pics. Mind you, these constitute a SPOILER for the latest chapter of my fic. Please read it first, then click on these:

Image #1
Image #2
Image #3. I think this one turned out best of these first three
Image #4
Image #5
Image #6
So yeah, that's that.

Dark Duel

You know how the Z Gundam episode title "The Black Gundam" refers to the Gundam MkII, but the MkII is shown to be dark blue, and not black?
Weell...
I know. Still technically dark gray and black. But closer, I think. I'll do one that is completely black later, maybe.

On a related note, Psyco MkII in MkI-inspired black

Dark Duel

Continuing the Shop-Fu, this time we have a couple of recolors of the Gundam MkII variant from Build Fighters.
First, in Titans colors, and second in black

Aand, we have Doggose Giar-class ship #3, which is essentially the General Revil, but with MOAR DAKKA - by means of taking those two dinky (relatively speaking) dual cannons it had mounted to the outer side and relocating them, thereby making room for the same much larger cannon that its predecessor had there.

Dark Duel

Okay, anyone here remember Lancerow, that red-haired SRA dude from X who looked a lot like a less scenery-chewing-prone Treize expy?
Yeah, he woulda looked perfectly at home with OZ too.

Speaking of fiddling with stuff from X, in between episodes I've also been fiddling with Ennil El's custom Jenice Kai, too.
Here's the first one. Nothing too special, just added the leg- and shoulder-verniers plus the shoulder spikes from the original Jenice.
The second one adds an Octape-based custom high-mobility backpack, plus the legs from the Septem.

Dark Duel

Ashtaron recolor.
Also, because I hate the Gundam X Maoh's head design, I did this.

Dark Duel

TSX/MA-4QF Thales.
A custom mobile armor I knocked together for my GSD rewrite.

Dark Duel

XXXG-01WF Wing Gundam Fenice. A simple palette swap - the colors are inspired, of course, by the original Wing Gundam.

Dark Duel

ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam Silhouette Flyers, from my GSD rewrite.
You might note that the Storm Silhouette looks somewhat different.
I also made the corresponding adjustments to the Storm Impulse lineart:
Unit 1
Unit 2
The reason for the change is, well, that I want to custom-built a MG Storm Impulse Unit 2 to go with my MG Destiny. :P

Scorpio[pt]

Nice :)
Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.
Dark Duel

Dark Duel

RGM-79QN GM Quel Custom
Nothing too particularly special, just a souped-up GM Quel using GM Custom parts. Specifically, I swapped out the shoulders and knees of the Quel for the Custom's, thus adding some thrusters, which boosts maneuverability. I also doubled up the chest sensor and beam saber.
Came out pretty nicely, I think.
Also, I did this next one in a moment of "what-if?" boredom. Seems kinda fitting, no?
Last edited by Dark Duel on Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Duel

I'm not sure what to call this, other than "Build Gundam MkII takes a level in badass".
Sketched it out while bored a while back.
Colored it in PhotoShop today.
In Titans colors, obviously. But I did it in AEUG colors too.

Dark Duel

You guys remember how in Unicorn, they gave the Byarlant Customs a GM/Jegan-style visor instead of a monoeye like the original Byarlant had?
I thought I'd do the same thing with the Gaplant TR-5.