General Fanfiction Discussion 2: Electric Boogaloo

Your own tale of two mecha.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Re: General Fanfiction Discussion 2: Electric Boogaloo

Hey, if anyone would like to try out the new fanfic site Archive of Our Own, I have some invites that i can PM you.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
rebel_cheese

You want the best way to write the opposite sex? Think of them as people.

Paraphrased from George R. R. Martin (a friend of mine showed me the quote today).

That simple.
MURRUE: Infallible accuracy?? I thought you just usually shot all your weapons at random and they just happened to hit stuff.

KIRA: What do you think this is; a cartoon?
Vent Noir

I've been trying to write the next chapter of Gundam Storm, but I'm stuck. I know where I want the story to go, but the details aren't coming to me.

(General chapter outline in spoilers)
Spoiler
Athene heads to Spearhead and meets Ares again. Ares realises Athene has changed since they were separated, which is wrong to him, since she feels she was perfect before. Meanwhile, Shane and Alan try to make upgrades to their Gundams.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
rebel_cheese

I'll see if I can read Gundam Storm and try to help you out with that.
MURRUE: Infallible accuracy?? I thought you just usually shot all your weapons at random and they just happened to hit stuff.

KIRA: What do you think this is; a cartoon?
Vent Noir

rebel_cheese wrote:I'll see if I can read Gundam Storm and try to help you out with that.
Thanks for that.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Amion

Vent Noir wrote:I've been trying to write the next chapter of Gundam Storm, but I'm stuck. I know where I want the story to go, but the details aren't coming to me.

(General chapter outline in spoilers)
Spoiler
Athene heads to Spearhead and meets Ares again. Ares realises Athene has changed since they were separated, which is wrong to him, since she feels she was perfect before. Meanwhile, Shane and Alan try to make upgrades to their Gundams.
Hmm, keep up the good work regardless, Noir. I read the first chapter and was impressed. Just the fact you've actually got some chapters up is something to poor, little o'l me. :mrgreen:
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Vent Noir

I'm still feeling stuck on Gundam Storm, and one piece of advice I've heard is to try working on something else in order to get the creative juices flowing. A while ago, I posted this pic to the images thread on the board, and said I hoped to do something with it. Here's a teaser:

Eons ago, the Tao Warriors sealed away a great force of darkness. With the threat contained, they knew they themselves were too powerful remain on Earth. But they also knew the darkness would not stay sealed forever. To prevent throwing the planet out of balance, a tournament was held, with the champion to be reincarnated as a human in order to confront the threat. The warrior known as Blazing Star was chosen, defeating and leaving behind her lover Flowing Nebula for the honor and duty of confronting the darkness.

Today, on Earth, fifteen-year-old Stephanie Daniel has a recently-discovered passion for martial arts. She knows nothing of cosmic warriors, nor of battles for the fate of the universe.

And as the darkness awakens, a man born among the stars breaks the laws of heaven in the hope of once again being with his beloved.

TaoSoular of Heaven and Earth
A Super Robot Story

Coming soon (hopefully)
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

MissionVao

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Hey, if anyone would like to try out the new fanfic site Archive of Our Own, I have some invites that i can PM you.
I want to get on that site, but I'm like brand new here, so I'm not sure It'd be proper to ask for an invite. And the only Gundam piece I ever wrote was a crackfic based on War in the Pocket.

Wait, no, lie. I did write a Gundam piece on Darkscribes... which is forever lost to the sands of time. probably a good thing, though, it was awful.
Rob DS Zeta

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Hey, if anyone would like to try out the new fanfic site Archive of Our Own, I have some invites that i can PM you.
A fanfiction site that has invitational beta... That says something to me, and it's not something positive.
*insert witty eyecatch here*
Amion

Vent Noir wrote:I'm still feeling stuck on Gundam Storm, and one piece of advice I've heard is to try working on something else in order to get the creative juices flowing. A while ago, I posted this pic to the images thread on the board, and said I hoped to do something with it. Here's a teaser:

Eons ago, the Tao Warriors sealed away a great force of darkness. With the threat contained, they knew they themselves were too powerful remain on Earth. But they also knew the darkness would not stay sealed forever. To prevent throwing the planet out of balance, a tournament was held, with the champion to be reincarnated as a human in order to confront the threat. The warrior known as Blazing Star was chosen, defeating and leaving behind her lover Flowing Nebula for the honor and duty of confronting the darkness.

Today, on Earth, fifteen-year-old Stephanie Daniel has a recently-discovered passion for martial arts. She knows nothing of cosmic warriors, nor of battles for the fate of the universe.

And as the darkness awakens, a man born among the stars breaks the laws of heaven in the hope of once again being with his beloved.

TaoSoular of Heaven and Earth
A Super Robot Story

Coming soon (hopefully)
that sounds interesting. And I liked the pic. did you draw that? If so, Kudos to you.

One thing I should warn you about is not to leave a work unfinished for too long. I've been writing an original fiction work for a long time. When I stop for periods, I find myself working all the harder to get back to it. I understand being stuck against a wall, believe me, but I think the secret is falling in love with your work again. How you do this is different for everyone, though.
Vent Noir

Amion wrote: that sounds interesting. And I liked the pic. did you draw that? If so, Kudos to you.

One thing I should warn you about is not to leave a work unfinished for too long. I've been writing an original fiction work for a long time. When I stop for periods, I find myself working all the harder to get back to it. I understand being stuck against a wall, believe me, but I think the secret is falling in love with your work again. How you do this is different for everyone, though.
No, I can't draw that well. The artist is actually on these boards, though - you may know him as 2NAFish.

I am still trying to work through my issues with Gundam Storm.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Amion

Vent Noir wrote:
Amion wrote: that sounds interesting. And I liked the pic. did you draw that? If so, Kudos to you.

No, I can't draw that well. The artist is actually on these boards, though - you may know him as 2NAFish.

I am still trying to work through my issues with Gundam Storm.
well, my writer's block is gone from my own fiction novel, and it happened because I sat down and just started writing with absolutely no care as to whether it was enjoyable or not. I also think it has to do with confidence more than anything for me personally, so perhaps if you asked someone to read over it who hasn't already.
Vent Noir

Yeah, I have managed to make some progress with Storm. I'm not 100% satisfied with it myself, but then I think I remember Tomino saying that if he ever wrote something he was 100% satisfied with he'd retire.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Vent Noir

Okay, I kind of hate to ask this, but is there anyone willing to give me some more feedback on Gundam Storm? I haven't had anything here for the last two chapters and I'm feeling a little lonely.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Arbiter GUNDAM

Vent Noir wrote:Okay, I kind of hate to ask this, but is there anyone willing to give me some more feedback on Gundam Storm? I haven't had anything here for the last two chapters and I'm feeling a little lonely.
I gotcha back, man. ;)

--Freyja Wion
Vent Noir

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:
Vent Noir wrote:Okay, I kind of hate to ask this, but is there anyone willing to give me some more feedback on Gundam Storm? I haven't had anything here for the last two chapters and I'm feeling a little lonely.
I gotcha back, man. ;)
Thank you!
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Arbiter GUNDAM

Should have something forthcoming soon. On Storm, I mean.

--Freyja Wion
Vent Noir

Been reading the Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero comic, and for some reason I have the idea of a Pacific Rim/Fafner crossover stuck in my head.

Oh, yeah, and I have to try and keep working on Gundam Storm, too. Sorry its taking so long, I'm having a lot of trouble making it work.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Darkerangel

Okay so let me run this concept with you guys. FYI, even though I'm a huge gundam fan, my ummm intellect of "science" is very limited so go easy on me lol =P.

...just...go with me on this one. Picture it.........

So after watching some clips of GBF I got this awesome fanfic idea to be part of my fanfic mecha family. So the story is called - Mobile Suit Gundam: Rebirth and here's a little synopsis: (With the Earth Federation broken, an extraterrestrial empire known as Xen-Dominion justifies themselves to rulership over Earth and Space inevitably leading to bloodshed. A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.)

So I know what you guys are semi thinking "Blueprints? Past Mobile Weapons, what is this?"

The Blueprints - Collected and stored in the Haro NM-1s databank. These are the blueprints used to build the greatest Mobile Units that were at one point piloted by the Greats from 0079-AGE.

Haro NM-1s - The main character is in possession of Gundam Rebirth and a blue Haro Net-Mark1 (NM-1) limited series he calls Haro #1 which is in front of him when he sits in the cockpit. Haros of the NM-1 series are meant to scan, read, and store multiple mecha design blueprints. The pilot is able to select any blueprint at will.

The EIE - When a blueprint is selected and processed, located in the center-plate of the Rebirth, when it opens it reveals an internal power output. This releases Exotic Nano (EN) particles that encases the Mobile Unit or Gundam Rebirth in a blue, black, or green particle cloud. Within the particle cloud, the nano bits are able to bond with the Mobile Unit's "outer core" (legs, arms, and backpacks), leaving the "inner core" (torso, chest, and head) untouched. The "outer core" is remolded to fit the frame of the blueprint scanned.

Example: Gundam Rebirth is in a colony and can't use any beam attacks in fear of destroying it. So mentally the pilot he pictures what he wants, says to his NM-1 series: "Haro #1 Set. (the Haro opens up and shows 3D image of a unit the pilot wills) LAUNCH!" The pilot closes the Haro, thus the Rebirth's center-plate EIE opens, releasing the EN Particles. A blue particle cloud engulfs the Rebirth and when the particles goes back inside the EIE, the Rebirth now has Strike Gundam's arms, legs, and backpack and is thus recalled Rebirth Strike Gundam.

But the fun doesn't stop there. Not only can the Rebirth use the weapons and attacks belonging to the previous Mobile Units, the pilot has to seek out some of the previous pilots in order to collect the Gundam's "Ultimate Power" basically unlocking the unit's "Full Potential". So in this case it would be like the Moonlight Butterfly, Hyper-Mode, and or the Wings of Light.

If the inner-core is damage then it doesn't matter how many units it switches, the unit will still stay damage. Also this is set in the ASE calendar (After Second Era) and what that means that the all of the gundam pilots from 0079-AGE is in it.

Alright so that's all I got so far, let me know what you think 'cause I think I have something here...just needs a bit of polish =P.

Thank you.
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.
Darkerangel

<.<... Any thoughts? Anyone.
Mobile Suit Gundam Rebirth A rogue space team called U-FEA is in search for the Beacon of Hope for the future of humanity. They will have to use the blueprints of the Mobile Weapons before them as part of their arsenal to take down the Xen-Dominion.