SD Gundam Capsule Fighter

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
InjuredPelican

Re: SD Gundam Capsule Fighter

^ So they released Arios before 00 Gundam itself... Why? I have my mobile suits ready for the 00 Blueprint and everything!
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Wingnut

That's just the original release order that OGP is following. Regular 00 is out next month.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

^ I guess I can wait a month and a half then. It will give me more time to collect the necessary points to buy the blueprint. But then, I haven't actually played for a few months now, ever since I spent way too much time building my Sword Impulse, only to find its a glitchy mess.... Do you know when that will be fixed by any chance?
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Outlaw

Went to the wiki to see what the new capsule machines had, now I'm more interested in what's going on in the KR version:
SDGO Wiki wrote:Major changes upcoming! More details will be revealed over the course of this week.

- Apparently, they are planning on removing the RPS System from the game and will be exploring many upcoming changes related to this on a Test Server.
- Customization Parts: To take the place of the RPS System, they'll be playing around with customization parts you'll be able to use to tweak your unit's performance.
- Easier Level Up: You'll be able to level your units up now without the frustration of constant failures. Whether this entails a modification or a complete replacement of the Overcustom system remains to be seen.
- Skill-less No More: Units will no longer have to gain levels to unlock their special attacks and skills, allowing you to feel the full potential of a unit from the start. So now, you can get to figuring out how you want to customize it faster using the new changes to customization.
- Balance and Interface: A major overhaul of both unit balance and the combat UI is lined up to improve your SDGO experience by normalizing the good and the bad (units).
Looking forward to if/when the US version gets this update. Hopefully they tweak the booster system as well.

Anyway, I'm thinking about going after the Astrea F, but grinding 7500 points per try just sounds like such a pain I haven't even started.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
newageheretic

I was wanting an opinion on some melee suits from someone who has used all 3, what seems to be the better unit sword strike, sword calamity, or strike noir, so far I've only used the sword strike, could i get some feedback please, thanks in advance
Wingnut

I have not been able to get a sword calamity, though I have been on the receiving end of it many times and not once have I enjoyed it. The SC is much like the Sword Strike, but better. It has PS armor first instead of second which allows it to take bullets much quicker and for a unit that has limited ranged options it helps a lot. The high performance OS is also far better then the Seed mode skill. While the latter does more for you, it also only activates at 30% HP compared to the former at 50%. The OS also improves your reload rate so you can throw your slowmerangs and boost down weapon 3 combo more often. In short, it's a beast in the right hands and if you like the Sword Strike and are good with it, go for the Sword Calamity. You will not be disappointed (unless of course it bankrupts you trying to get it as it is an AR ranked unit).

As for the Noir, it plays quite a bit differently and has a rather unique weapon set. The swords are what one might expect after looking at them and using Sword Strike. Nothing too special, but they are katana class and have very good reach. The shorty beam pistols are a nice and fast firing weapon with one shot from each pistol per click of the mouse. They do however run dry quickly and have a typical rock reload so you can't sit back and spam them all day. Save them for when you have a nice shot at an enemy and can't get to them easily or quickly enough to melee them without being noticed by your target. The rocked anchor weapon 3 is the same deal you see on the Gouf and Gouf Custom: A short ranged whip that can shock an opponent and deals the bullet zero ailment.

The Noir's skills also serve it quite well being defense up and booster extension. Having them active noticeably improves the Noir's overall combat ability so you don't want to use your mêlée special attack unless you have to such as defending yourself from certain doom or dealing a killing blow to a rather nasty and hard to kill enemy.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
newageheretic

So far I've spent like 20k just trying to get the sword calamity and saving my upgrade kits so i can give it an extra point slot since for some reason there's no bp for it
Wingnut

newageheretic wrote:So far I've spent like 20k just trying to get the sword calamity and saving my upgrade kits so i can give it an extra point slot since for some reason there's no bp for it
Any unit that is an xR rank doesn't have a BP and can only be obtained via capsule machine.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
newageheretic

Yea and its gonna take forever to get since i can really only play on the weekends
Espdude

I forgot how addicting this game was. jumped on to play a few games out of boredom and boom! it sucked me right back in. Course it helps having Arios back :)
ydawg314

sword calamity is good. Its better than sword strike
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
newageheretic

Got me a hacew finally, and just need a super gundam to build unicorn ntd, btw i did some missions with you today wingnut
T0-burnth1sHeart

That intermediate combat mission...The final part must have been made by Nintendo, because I cannot beat it. Trying to shoot down 25 Zakus with a single beam rifle (which has a less than ideal firing rate) whilst getting shot in the back (or worse, melee stunned) by the stragglers is just too much.
Xenosynth

On my TW account, finally finished the plans for my Ex-S Gundam. Oh lordy he is fun. Especially on open maps. Reflector incoms + Beam smart rifle = destruction. Not to mention, it's useful on many MS that only have frontal shields or blocks.
GundamGirl00

OGPlanet is holding a free S rank event for Altron EW and Legend Gundam on FB, just in case some of you haven't seen.
Does anyone here play on the US-servers?:P
Wingnut

Yes, we do. I also don't use facebook and I already build both S ranks in the offer so it's meaningless to me. Also, just a head's up we don't allow animated avatars here, so you'll want to fix that detail.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Outlaw

Looks like we're getting that big update I was talking about. This may actually be enough to rekindle my interest a bit.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
InjuredPelican

Yes, no more RPS system. Though I'm happy for it because scissors will become more playable for me, but now rocks will be even more out of control. What do you guys think about it?

EDIT: Hopefully they can fix some of their servers while they update things. i used to have a great connection, but now the server is totally screwed up...
-Loran Cehack
Wingnut

The server mess was caused by an intermediate patch that caused log-ons to become far more difficult even for people who have never had such problems before (myself for example to name but one).

I'm still not convinced that the new system is better then the RPS one, but I'm starting to come around on some of the other things like the level system and custom parts (though that too can be broken in some cases from what I've heard in particular one set-up for the GP-02A).

I say it's still too soon for the Gen 6 stuff, but I am looking forward to things like the Lab finally being available to us.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Outlaw

I honestly want them to redo the boost system. Go with something like a Cheetah and Gazelle dynamic based on speed vs endurance rather than horizontal vs vertical.
To me the current boost system just feels waaay unbalanced with Rocks getting the most useful bonus Papers getting some use out of their advantage and Scissors just getting beat over the head with the short end of stick.