Member Introduction Thread Mk IV

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
T0-burnth1sHeart

Re: Member Introduction Thread Mk IV

Well, I know this is kinda late since I began making posts without even looking at this thread, but I'll go for it anyways. I have been lurking somewhat for for a while, and before that I have been following MAHQ's mecha anime reviews on series like Code Geass and Gundam 00 for years, and I am really an admirer of Mr. Guanche's work. I've been a fan of mecha, anime, manga and most Japanese media in general for years. My absolute favorite series ever is Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, followed by Sword Art Online. In terms of Mecha, my favorite Gundam series is Gundam 00, with Gundam Unicorn coming in a close second.
mysterE101v2
Location: A barren wasteland location on the edge of hell and infinty AKA NEW JERSEY!!!!!

Hello mechatalk (kind of too late to do this but whatever)
“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”

― George Orwell, 1984
Arbiter GUNDAM

welcome! :D
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Xenosynth

And probably one of the latest posters to this thread (86 including this one), but hello! I am Xenosynth, you can call me Xeno, Xenosynth, or Dylan, whichever you prefer. I've been a Gundam fan for a few years now, though I've been on and off until about last year where I really began to get into it. In this small span I've... managed to watch nearly every series and play every videogame I possibly could, while being a long time reader of MAHQ's mecha entries. I am not super knowledgeable but I try my best to learn about all of Gundam and especially the background of the Universal Century. Sorry for the mini essay >.< But yes! Gundam has quickly grown into one of my most fond series and hobbies, and I hope I can contribute and learn while here!
feddieace42and0

Hi, I'm Robert. I'm a long time, die hard Mecha-fan. I started off in the 80's, as a tyke with Voltron and Robotech (Sorry, American TV got to me first), then in my early teens, I discovered Gundam and Armored Trooper VOTOMS. Both the UC era and the Astregius Galaxy hold special places in my heart, as well as the Legiverse thanks to Arcadia of my Youth. Anyhow, I look forward to getting to know each and everyone of you.
Kei Katsuragi

Another Robert joins the fray? Welcome sir, I hope your time here is a pleasant one.
teaNrice

Hello! I'm teaNrice, long time listener to Gundamn, first time poster on the Mechatalk forum, and a dedicated anime fan. My first exposure to Mecha anime was most likely some reruns of Gundam Wing that I saw on Cartoon Network in primary school. Needless to say my grasp of the plot was far from perfect but I was definitely enjoying myself.

Then a few years later what really cemented my interest in mecha and anime in general was watching the first two episodes of Gundam SEED Destiny not knowing what they were during a sick day from school. That raid on Armory 1 was damn exciting. It would not be till many years later that I would see the rest. Well you know how that story ended.

Favourite mecha show? It would probably have to be Code Geass.

Looking forward to making regular posts here and talking about robots and the cartoons which they inhabit.
Last edited by teaNrice on Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AGF-Antoine

Hi everyone,

I joined this forum quite a while ago and lurked it for all this time.
Numerous times I felt compelled to join discussions, but didn't, due to not knowing how to properly introduce myself first.

Today I felt like throwing it out of the window and just doing some form of introduction.

My name is Antoine and I am from the Netherlands.

My proper introduction to mecha was Gundam Wing, which aired on TV here.
Actually, the weekend before Wing starting airing here, they aired the Endless Waltz OVA, which I also saw.

Ever since that time, Gundam has held a very special place in my heart, that eventually took almost obsessive levels. That is where we are now.

I love to many mecha from Gundam to mention them in my introduction topic.
My favorite seasons would be 08th MS Team for the realistic battles and Gundam 00 Season 1 for the realistic setting.

A mecha show I enjoyed a lot outside of the Gundam universe was Jinki:Extend.
It had a very nice cast of characters and I love the main mecha, Moribito 02.

I tend to dislike most super robot shows, although there are exceptions like G Gundam and Godannar.

Well, I hope that introduced me at least in a somewhat informative way :P

AGF-Antoine
KVLTIST

Hello Mechatalk!

A little bit about me,
I am longtime Gundam fan, now I'm a painting and design student and I can say that all those hours watching Gundam anime probably contributed to that decision!

I recently got into building Gunpla and making dioramas with them (used to build the SD kits when I was a kid, and having settled here in San Francisco with multiple stores carrying Gunpla, I decided to try a more "serious" approach)

Despite having been in the Gundam fandom since the days of the Mechadomain and Gundamproject, this is actually the first time i've participated in any sort of Mecha online community

Hope to see some cool stuff on this board!
KVLTIST KVSTMS
ZakuMeister

Hello everybody!
Call me Ian. I haven't participated in a lot of online communities before, but I thought, hey, what the hell, I love Gundam, so I'll try this out. If I remember correctly, the first show I ever saw was Gundam Wing on Toonami. But what got me into it was G Gundam. Those were the days, coming home from school, watching DragonBall Z and G Gundam. Childhood aside, I enjoy The Universal Century the most, (Seig Zeon, btw) and I think either the 08th MS Team or Unicorn is my favorite anime. Not sure what else to say...
parmun

I am a big mech anime fun and especially Gundam. I like all the series they had.
The game is a life without the consequences
ProfessorMecha

Hello, MAHQ/MechaTalk. I am the Professor!

A little bit about me. I'm a hardcore Gundam fan with preference to the UC,A.C.,A.D. and F.C. I twitter every saturday night when Toonami airs, (#BringBackGundam!) I am slowly rebuilding my GunPla collection (Just got a Tallgeese III HG and a Strike Noir HG, with hopes to acquire a Gouf Custom MG)

My favorite series overall is Wing but 08th MS team comes in at a very close second. I llok forward to foruming with all of you!
Crosswire40

Hello!

My name is Crosswire. I'm a huge mech buff. I LOVE Gundam, super robots and just about everything involving mechs period. I also love to role-play and set up RP's. I'm not one for debate or discussion but I love to ask questions and get feed back.

I'm also a huge fan of Patlabor! I am a horrendous artist but a fantastic writer from what people have told me. I hope I can participate and add many joyous moments to this forum.
Stark Rezel

Hi.
I've been checking the forums here a couple of times and decided to register after I wanted to jump in in some discussion.

I'm mostly interested in gundam, like most folks around it all started with Wing, but I quickly fell in love with UC, SEED, 00,... as long as it's gundam I love it :p.
Anonymoose

I'm sort of new here I guess; at the very least, a lot seems to have changed since I was here years ago. I used to be an engineering student back in the day. I like pretty much all mecha series- real, super, whateverpunk, etc.- and I like some moe and a lot of slice-of-life stuff too (I quit most shonen stuff cold turkey except for Gundam when I went off to college tho). I'm also really into military history and science and stuff. I've watched pretty much every mecha series to ever be on CN or Animondays (at least from 1997 to 2010, when I moved to a place that didn't have cable), and like many people I started out my Gundam obsession with Wing. Over the last month I re-watched Gundam Unicorn and Girls und Panzer (all the stuff that's come out so far, anyway), built a PG Gundam Mark II in one sitting (and started on a PG RX-78-2), and replayed MGS1-3 and Peace Walker. I recently decided to only build PGs and the occasional MG for the forseeable future. I'm also partial to using the :| emoticon a lot because I'm kind of :| most of the time irl.
Last edited by Anonymoose on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaznobble

Hello, I'm Shahznobble. I like a lot of things, Gundamn, the MAHQ podcast well among them. I figured I may as well join the forums that they so often discuss, so here I am. I hope I'll be here for a while.
Blackbeltsam

Hello! This is Blackbeltsam, AKA Sam AKA that jackass from the Sega special (part 2)

I finally got around to making an account. Yay.
Twitter.com/Blackbelt_sam
Arbiter GUNDAM

Hey man, how's it going? :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Defiant

Hi. I'm Alex, and I am a military veteran and a Gundam Nut (Especially 00, probably the closest gundam to our future). I'm hoping to meet other mecha junkies and gundam fans online, especially ones that will help me in crafting my magnum opus... an original Gundam verse I like to call Mobile Suit Gundam Defiance.
Apocrypha

Hey everyone! My name is Peter and my friend, Citizen Costigan, introduced me to this website. I am pretty much a die hard anime fan and I enjoy all genres including mecha. My favorite anime is Code Geass, incase my picture didn't tip you off. I have also recently started getting into Gundam and just finished 0083 which was very well done.