Episode 29 - Hundred-Handed Ones [4th]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
Fritz Ashlyn

Episode 29 - Hundred-Handed Ones [4th]

{AEUG peoples, continue here}

~February 21, Universal Century 0088~
~ 02:18 Coordinated Universal Time~

- Gryps 2 Space -

- The Dervish -
- Main Meeting Room -

Capt. Loweno took a sip of coffee from the irritatingly hot-to-the-touch pouch dutifully provided to him by the ship's head chef and almost imperceptibly grimaced. "Merci bien," he choked, the phrase politely tempered with sarcasm in a way only the French can do. The three remaining captains of the 4th Squadron and a few senior crew sat around one end of the Dervish's large meeting table in the middle of a quick break from their discussion. "The pilot from the Irish fleet, the one from the, uh--" Abbey piped up, guiding them back to business. "The Guangdong," Guanche offered, eliciting a nod from Abbey. "The Guangdong. Ens. Sanders, I believe it is. We'll continue working on his Nemo aboard the New Yark while we wait for a response from Maniti," Abbey directed.

The 4th Squadron had done their job in the opening round of the fight around Gryps 2, and roughly thirty minutes earlier had finished recalling its mobile suits after being told by Henken they could fall back closer to the laser. The battle raged on all around them, of course, but there was a kind of "safe" area in a relatively quiet zone close to the colony laser where ships were rotating in and out for repairs and rest. Due to the ferocity of the combined efforts of the Titans and Axis the entire AEUG fleet was engaged and there was no dedicated security provided for them per se, but the 4th had already begun a rotation of small sorties designed to make sure an enemy unit didn't manage to stray close without resistance.

"About the mobile suits," Loweno said, sounding reluctant to hear the answer before he had even asked his question, "What's the estimate on time for repairs?". Sager shook his head and rapped his knuckles on the table, "Honestly? No clue. We've got to check all of them for micro damage, and there's a list about as long as I am tall for limb replacements and large component damage alone...". Abbey folded his arms and nodded in understanding, "Give us a ballpark based on what you know now,". Sager scratched his chin and pondered it for a moment before answering, "Well... If I were a betting man I'd take the under on, oh... eight hours,". "Eight hours!" André blew out a breath, his shoulders drooping. "Sorry," Sager threw his hands up with a small shrug, "That's probably including maintenance time for the ships, at least. We've got some serious, widespread damage to deal with on those suits,". "That's fine, Chief. I know you'll get it done fast enough to surprise all of us," Abbey said before turning to one of the other figures at the table. "Injuries," he said solemnly.

Fritz, who had a prominent gash closed with butterfly stitches at his hairline above his left temple, a bit of blood still matted there around it, cleared his throat and answered, "Dr. Lekarz still has his hands full in sick bay, and I told him I'd come here in his place. From what I gathered while I was there, everyone that's been brought back is either stabilized or on the way there. Lt. Celeste's arm is in a temporary sling for the time being and may need to be immobilized further, so we may need to prep one of our backup pilots to replace her,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
mcred23

Re: Episode 28A - Hundred-Handed Ones [4th]

-The Dervish-
-Ready Room 2-

As soon as the portion of the main meeting that required him was finished, Eddie had quietly slipped out to head back to his team’s ready room. The mechanics were already working on getting their Rick Dias refueled and checking for any damage, and as soon as they were cleared Team 2 would be out on security.

Eddie floated into the ready room to find only Marvin there, sitting with his feet on the table and smoking. “Where’s Sophie and Bernard?” Eddie asked.

“I haven’t seen ‘em since we landed,” Marvin said quietly, sounding exhausted already.

“Well, get ready. We’re going out next and the s*** seems to have hit the f***in’ fan all over the perimeter,” Eddie grumbled and walked over to the wall phone and hit the proper button to call the bridge. “Hey~,” Eddie grinned when Jane’s face appeared on the screen.

“What do you need now?” She grinned back.

“Many things,” He smirked, getting a mock-glare from Jane, “But right now just find Sophie and Bernard and tell them I need them back here as soon as they’re ready.”

“Sure,” She nodded and the screen went blank.

Eddie turned back, and briefly debated on changing the t-shirt under his pilot suit. It already felt dirty from sweat, but he decided not to. Instead, he went to get a tube of coffee.

“So who got hit?” Marvin asked quietly. When Team 2 had landed, the hangar had been in minor chaos taking care of the wounded and one obviously dead Dias, but Cowboy had retreated into the ship so quickly Eddie was surprised he even noticed any were damaged at all.

Eddie took a quick drink. “I think Celeste got her arm banged up or something, Fritz got a nasty f***in’ cut on his head,” Eddie reported, forgetting if anyone else was wounded. “Oh, and Curren got killed,” He shrugged and took another drink.

Cowboy didn’t react at all for a moment. He grunted once and then took a drag on his cigarette.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
blind_dead_mcjones

-the Dervish-
-Main Meeting Room-

Trask remained silent for most of the briefing, being his first time in briefing between the major officers of the 4th, as the squads XO he more or less took up the mantle of defacto leader until a more suitable replacement could be found but he wasn't exactly enthused with being in such a position, given what happened to the last two leaders of the squad, it was only when the subject of injuries was brought up that he felt the need to say something

"Dr. Lekarz still has his hands full in sick bay, and I told him I'd come here in his place. From what I gathered while I was there, everyone that's been brought back is either stabilized or on the way there. Lt. Celeste's arm is in a temporary sling for the time being and may need to be immobilized further, so we may need to prep one of our backup pilots to replace her."

"if i may make a suggestion." he began after fritz had finished. "given that we're shorthanded, and 8 hours is not exactly enough time to bring one person up to speed with the Rick Dias let alone two, may i request that Celeste is transfered to Team 3 and flies support in my Kanone Dias while i take the helm of Currens B-type? it won't be perfect given her injuries and her preference for close combat, but she'll still be able to provide some much needed firepower while being kept mostly out of harms way."

-hallways-

grunting in discomfort, Wales tried his best make his way through the corridors of the dervish without aggrevating his injuries, a task made more difficult with the bandages around his arm and leg restricting his movement slightly, in spite of this he eventually reached his destination, and was waiting outside a door, its nametag having the words I.KAWAMURA printed on it.

as he reached for the door, the earthnoid found himself hesitating for a second, having being mostly focused on getting here he hadn't thought about what we going to say. this played out much less awkwardly in my mind, oh well, i'm here now, i'l just have to wing it. nodding slightly and subsqently wincing due to the medical dressing on his cheek shifting a small fraction, the ensign brought his hand up and knocked on the door twice.

"Irene. you in here? if so mind if i come in? I need to have a chat."
Last edited by blind_dead_mcjones on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flag Fighter for life!
Tangerine

- The Dervish –
- Personal quarters -

Darkness greeted her as she opened her eyes and blinked them several times. Her body already awakened few minutes before, but her mind isn’t in its active state. Cuddled to the bed by the necessary zero-g blanket she just continued to stare at the ceiling blankly. Finally without any trigger, her normal thought process fired up and what she first felt was her eyes that aches from inside. Irene, now clad in civvies felt rather not energetic as she started her ‘early morning’ schedule that included prolonged shower, mild tooth brushing and a session of hair combing latter on.

Done with donning her old EFSF shirt with Karaba Airforce insignia, her civvies clothes were still in the laundry which recent battle successfully delayed; she marched to the mess hall. Still too early for breakfast she just head there with the thoughts of comfortable scenery and some social life. Navigated through the Dervish’s maze of narrow corridors with the thought to change her hair style as her only concern. The hair style was getting old. And then for some reason she remembered Wes her CO was dead, Wales was wounded and Adam was stressed about it.

Ow. FRAK!

The not-a-morning-person Irene just realized the battle had done more than just delayed her laundry. At the vicinity of the mess hall she bolted back and head to the infirmary where she found Jane instead of Wales. She helped restocking the medical supplies, zero g helped with the weight but you need to do more movement to store things up. The Mediterranean looking female nurse with the very american name thanked her, “That was not necessary… but thank you!” said her while catching her breath, proof that she’s been doing this manual labor for a while. The girl didn’t look like having anything related to military training.

Do AEUG really resort to untrained civvies to run her fleet? The thought came to Irene’s mind. “Don’t mention it. You might not heard it, but I did ask about a patient. The name is Wales, a pilot from team 3?”

“I’m not sure,” she looked at her chart. “it’s been a hectic day. But all pilots save few were… Ah, Wales with minor stitches and bruises. He’s been released from the ward.

“Ah, I see… How’s his stitching and wound?” For a minute or two they talked and basically Irene gathered that nothing crucial about her team mates that will prevent him from piloting. That solved Irene walked again to the mess hall, completely unaware that Wales was knocking her quarter door.

Now she was concerned about Adam stress level and the late-CO probable funeral if they got the remains of his body. Not entirely good subject for stomach. She forked her spaghetti slowly into her mouth while thinking about few other things, the red sauce dripping from her fork down and painted her small sliced of mozzarella chicken rather crimson red. It won’t add to the almost entirely bland flavor but the redness of it made her realized that red alert might ring anytime, with 12 hours latter might be more likely than now but nevertheless pilots need to be ready. With that thought she just relaxed her back and just kill some time until someone broadcast a briefing or a meeting. She wasn’t in mood to do anything else save for looking after her Suit in the maintenance bay.
wonton bob

- The Dervish –
- Crew's quarters -

After exiting his Dias, Bernard had a tech make a copy of the video portion of his flight recorder. He needed to verify what he saw for a brief instant. Very slowly he had been losing his grip on things, keeping himself locked away in his room. Bernard could feel his hands start to tremble as he switched a monitor's mode from play to rewind. He was carefully studying the young Axis pilot's face when a call from the bridge came through.
Keeping the vid link to the bridge off he answered the call. It was Jane, who alerted him the status of team 2, "Roger. I'll report to the hanger asap," he informed her, with tears in his eyes, before cutting off voice transmission to the bridge and returning his attention to the recording that had been paused. "How long has it been Matthew? How long?"
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
The Loser Villain

- The Dervish -
- Hangar -

Sophie knew where she'd find Rem right away after the debriefing, with the "good" Doctor Merkwürdigliebe working on all the Rick Dias.

"Ensign Cogs report to the nearest wall phone," the PA sounded across the hangar, probably the whole ship. Rem was right up ahead, but orders were orders.

"Sophie here," she said into the monitor on the wall phone.

"Hey, Eddie needs you to report to the Team Two ready room." Jane informed her.

"Got ya, on my way." She then left the hangar without speaking to Rem, no need to draw him away from his work while she had to be elsewhere.

- Ready Room 2 -

"Eddie," Sophie announced as the door opened, "What do you want?"
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
blind_dead_mcjones

-The Dervish-
-dorm rooms-

"damn, looks like she's not here" wales muttered to himself after being greeted with silence, "might as well go see what's happening around the ship, try and make myself useful"

for the next 20 minutes Wales worked his way from one corner of the ship to the other, mostly finding that everything was more or less being taken care of and his constant activity has left him feeling famished, in the end he found himself inside the rather full mess hall.

after collecting his meal, going for the meatloaf and chips rather than spaghetti and mozzarella chicken, the ensign searched for a free spot and to his surprise he found irene sitting at one of the few tables with seats still available

"ah, just the person i was looking for" he said by way of introduction as he sat down before taking a bite out of one his chips, then subsquently regretting it. ugh, damn things have gone bendy

-the Hamburg-
-mobile suit hangar-

her face framed in the the ambient glow from the nemo's control panel screen, paris sat in her mobile suit hard at work, having just finished the calibrations that needed to be done due to the limbs that had to be replaced, the young spacenoid was now reviewing the flight recorder data, looking for where she was doing well and where she needed improvement.

"wow, i actually scored a couple of kills this time." she mused sadly, though she knew her duty as a soldier the fact that she had to take a life in order to save others made her feel somewhat guilty, stopping her work for a moment she shook her head and tried to focus back on the task at hand, reasoning that she'll have plenty of time to think about that later once its over
Flag Fighter for life!
Tangerine

-The Dervish-
-Mess Hall-

"ah, just the person i was looking for” said a familiar voice. That made Irene looked up and surprised when she saw Wales. Her mouth was full so she chewed it up first while watching Wales munched his chips.

“You! What are you doing here? I thought you supposed to be in bed,” said her rather concerned. Before Wales could react she picked one of the chips. Much to her distaste it wasn’t as crunchy as it looked like.

“ackk.. what is this?” Irene protested and Wales laughed in response, “Couldn’t you see from my expression? It tastes like plastics.”

Irene laughed too about it and for a moment they continued to exchange stories about the food quality they received elsewhere with each bad food story worse than the last. Wales ate heartfully and was almost done with his meatloaf when Irene asked him about his injuries.

“It'll probably leave some scars,” Wales shrugged before jokingly said it may ruined his chance of appearing on the front cover for a magazine. Irene didn’t want to push further about it since she too remembered the discomfort of answering such question. While still concerned she chose to change the subject. Before she could think of anything Wales spoken first, asking whether they could talk in private.

There’s a hint of uncertainty in his voice. Thinking to help Wales or at least listening to his stories, she gladly agreed. She did that before and found out that it was easier for men to talk to women about his problems than to his superior or the ship’s counselor. She thought of better place more suited than this crowded mess hall but found nothing in particular and her room was a mess to her standard.

“No, that place was closed due to repairs. I’ve ventured near there on my way to the infirmary and found the airlock was sealed,” said her with when Wales suggested the star seeing room that usually empty. “Your room then?” said her with a subtle looks of, just agreed with it and don’t dare to counter offer anything, period.
Inferno

-the Hamburg-
-mobile suit hangar-

"It gets easier, unfortunately." Kou told Paris from the cockpit of his own suit, where he was doing his own systems check. The ensign had left her radio on, and the LtJg. couldn't help but have overheard her comments. "For some people it can be as easy as breathing. And for others it becomes just as necessary, too." Kou sighed, looking at the picture of Nina he had mounted in the cockpit. "The important thing is that you have an actual reason to fight. You're here for a reason, right?"
blind_dead_mcjones

-The Hamburg-
-Mobile Suit hangar-

"It gets easier, unfortunately. For some people it can be as easy as breathing. And for others it becomes just as necessary, too. The important thing is that you have an actual reason to fight. You're here for a reason, right?"

"I was..." Paris admitted "at least i thought it was a valid reason to join up and fight at the time, now I...I really don't know if thats the case anymore" she fished around in one of her pockets pulling out the patch Al had given her.

"But I, I think i've got a much better reason now. Sir." she affirmed, beaming slightly with pride

-The Dervish-
-mess hall-

scratching his head before nodding in agreement, Wales got up from the table and led the way to his dorm room with Irene in tow, a million things going through his head at the time.

"well here we are, not much but it's home" he said as he opened the door and let her in first, even by the standards of military dorm rooms it was rather spartan, the only objects in sight being his duffel bag resting on the bed, a series of assorted photos from his time in the earth federation forces stuck to the ceiling with blu-tac, and his helmet on top of the dufel bag with a new visor resting next to it.

"oh yeah, still have to get round to putting that in" he muttered absentmindedly before picking up the helmet and the new visor, placing them out of harms way "i thought they said those visors were impact resistant anyway."

after running his hand through his hair the earthnoid sat down on the bed and leant back against the wall, his expression being that of one deep in thought as though he was trying to figure out the best way to get the conversation started.

"um...well, if you don't mind me asking" wales began delicately, trying to pick his as words carefully as he could "what was it like? living in one of the space colonies i mean."
Flag Fighter for life!
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Ready Room 2-

The door to the ready room opened and Sophie stepped in "Eddie, what do you want?"

“We’re going out, pulling security,” He said, taking another sip of coffee, “They should have our suits ready in ten or fifteen, and they want us out covering the fleet as quick as we can in case some s*** gets through to us…” Eddie trailed off a bit, partly from fatigue, partly at the situation. “So be ready.”

wonton bob

-The Dervish-
-Ready Room 2-

Bernard walked in a few minutes after Sophie did, he stopped by the hanger first to check in on his Dias. Already in a normal suit with helmet in hand, Bernard was eager to get back out and hopefully engage a few Gazas.

"My suit's all set. Want me to go out and scout around a bit?" he asks while clipping on his helmet.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Tangerine

- The Dervish
- Personal quarters –

As soon as Irene entered the room she couldn’t help but to watch at the photos in the ceiling. When Wales asked she turned and looked at the man in the eyes before answering casually about how things looked pretty normal to them spacenoids who really born and grew entirely in colonies.

“… It’s just that compared to Earth there’s more confined feeling. It’s more like living in very huge space shuttle."

The visor and the helmet came back to her view, it changed her mood a bit. “How about you Wales? How did Earthnoids like you ended up in space and fighting this war? OYW?” she then remembered her entire reason to visit here was to listen to Wales’ problem. “I’m sorry I’m kinda drifting away. What is it about that you wanted to talk to me?”
mcred23

-The Dervish-
-Ready Room 2-

Bernard popped in just as Eddie finished talking. "My suit's all set. Want me to go out and scout around a bit?"

“Not really,” Eddie shook his head, “They’ll have our suits ready in a couple of minutes, and then they’ll probably have us out there for a couple of hours, so just wait. Besides, there ain’t much to scout out where we are now in the middle of the perimeter,” he grinned.

blind_dead_mcjones

-The Dervish-
-Dorm rooms-

“… It’s just that compared to Earth there’s more confined feeling. It’s more like living in very huge space shuttle. How about you Wales? How did Earthnoids like you ended up in space and fighting this war? OYW?...I’m sorry I’m kinda drifting away. What is it about that you wanted to talk to me?”

"heh..drifting..yeah, thats a pretty accurate description for what i've been doing so far" wales replied sombrely. "to be honest i don't know why i'm even here at all, but i'l start from the beginning, you know australia right? the big giant brown island at the a**-end of the world, well i grew up there in adelaide, one of the five or six cities the place had, it was pretty much like you described living in a colony but with the added bonus of it being really hot and dry in summer and insanely cold and wet in winter, but other then that it was fine." he paused for a moment "then well...you know about the colony drop so i won't go into detail there, other than to say it felt like the world was going to split in two, things kinda went downhill after that, cities got evacuated for fear of them becoming extensions of the ocean like sydney did and then the zeke-sorry, zeon. landed all over the place, from what i heard at the time adeliade got used as a base for their submarines." wales stopped to take a breath, dimly noting to himself that he hadn't spoken this much in a long time.

"i don't know when it happened but I got separated from family somewhere between all the moving around, don't know if they're evens till alive to be honest, anyway. i ended up joining the earth federation after hearing rumours about the what one of the mobile suit teams were doing, what were they called again, 'white dingo team?', think it was the name for em, doesn't matter. so there i was going through basic, everyone gettin all fired up about payback for what happened to our home, funny thing is, by the time we all finished basic training the war was over, in which there were several thousand or so feddie troops with nothing to do. couple of years later i got booted out, 'mentally unfit for duty' they said. i thought about going back to adelaide, you know, familiar ground and all that, but when i got there i saw that the place was a ghost town, still is as far as i know, and since then i've just being going from one place to the next with way too much time to think about everything going on. and no matter where i went i saw the same thing, people just tryin to live their lives the best they could with what they had while those in charge spouted some hollow bulls*** about justice, truth, and why they're so much better than the other guys. and well, now i'm here..."

he trailed off, realising that he was just rambling almost incoherently, he didn't even know why he felt the need to tell irene all of that but it made him feel better, strangely enough "I'm not looking for pity, just someone to talk to, and some stability i guess cause i really don't get this world sometimes."
Flag Fighter for life!
Tangerine

- The Dervish
- Personal quarters –

Wales’ outburst shocked Irene. She wasn’t expecting a man like Wales to crumble emotionally in front of near stranger like herself. Saddened by his stories but unsure about her feeling she approached and crossed her arms around him. “You’re not the only one with grief,” she said, trying to comfort him. In turn he hugged her tightly, pressing her against him. After a while, Wales tried to kiss her but she refused it. That paused things up for both of them. Irene retreated to a corner, her back bounced against the wall and she sat afloat in zero gravity as Wales followed closely. He comforted her in a way which now Irene felt awkwardly about the man’s feeling toward her.

She opened up a bit, letting go of her feelings. “You don’t know what it like Wales. Losing family, losing friends, you might have. Who doesn’t in a world like this? But losing lovers have you ever thought about that? I’m a pilot for god’s sakes. Ever since I joined, I met with a lot of people like us. Shared the same ship and likely same fate, we bonded together, brothers and sisters. In time few I fell in love with, few fell in love with me…”

a pause. “You said the war as if you missed it. Well, I fought it. Trust me, you don't want any part of it. It makes you less a person than you was before..." Tears began to flow, her story become incoherent. "We live our morning and spend the noon like there’s no evening for us… shared so much in common that we couldn’t think of losing one another. Yet they never returned. How could they?!.. I’m no emotional jar where one could open the lid and store things up before simply disappear with their wishes… I lost them, Wales… them… Dear me, I loved them. Every each of them… I don’t want anyone to experience the same sadness, so I fought. I fought. And I fought some more, surviving the bloody war eventually… ”

Irene was with tears and Wales unsure what to do. In act of desperation she pinned her down and kissed her. The girl didn’t refuse. When there’s a pause she asked, “Do you even like me? Don’t toy with me… If you returned to me as KIA or MIA… even if you survive there’s always another sortie after the next one… Oh for crying out loud Wales, don’t you have a normal girlfriend out there waiting for you…” she tried to regain her composure.
Fritz Ashlyn

- The Dervish -
- Main Meeting Room -

"If I may make a suggestion..." Adam Trask spoke up, continuing after a nod from Abbey, "Given that we're shorthanded, and 8 hours is not exactly enough time to bring one person up to speed with the Rick Dias let alone two, may I request that Celeste is transfered to Team 3 and flies support in my Kanone Dias while I take the helm of Curren's B-type? It won't be perfect given her injuries and her preference for close combat, but she'll still be able to provide some much needed firepower while being kept mostly out of harm's way."

A few glances were exchanged between some of the attendees, and then Fritz answered, "Normally I wouldn't have a problem with that, but I don't think Celeste will be ready to fly in 8 hours. Even assuming she manages to hang back in the Kanone she's only got use of one arm...". Fritz trailed off and there were a few seconds of silence before Abbey said, "Who's the first emergency pilot in line? Griff?". Fritz glanced at one of the papers he had with him and nodded, "Yes, sir. PO Dion Griff, one of the mechanics. He's got simulator time,". Abbey folded his arms and grumbled as he thought it over. He blew out a resigned breath and ordered, "Considering Celeste's arm... Have Dion prepped and assigned to Trask's team - Sager, see what you can do about working on that S-Type. I'm sorry, Adam, but we can't do any better."

- Team 1 Ready Room -

"We couldn't even do anything to them..." Jacob muttered, staring down at the palms of his hands. His fingertips had started to prune up from sweat trapped in his gloves and were close to smoothing out again. He had taken off his normal suit and changed into a uniform before collapsing into one of the seats in the changing area. "They barely slowed down. It was like they let us keep up. They were playing with us," he said through clenched teeth, blinking tears out of his eyes. He knew the pilot that had killed Clute and done so much damage to the fleet was on a different level, but he had allowed himself to entertain a sort of childish vision of meeting him in one-on-one combat and coming away from it an avenging hero. Then Team 1 had been stonewalled by those three Griffins.

Across the room, Michiko had her arms clasped around her knees and floated in a loose ball. "They're not invincible..." she said quietly, halfheartedly arguing with him. He had been beating up on himself almost since the moment they returned to the ship and she hadn't been able to slow him down, and between Celeste being whisked away to sick bay and Fritz slapping a bandage on his head and leaving for a meeting without saying a word she felt very alone. All she wanted was to talk to him again and make things right. "What the hell am I supposed to do now?!" he whimpered, balling his hands into fists. "I wonder what I should do..." she murmured. Neither of them heard the other.

- Sick Bay -

Celeine Caro'd barged into sick bay, doing her best to avoid the closest commotion going on around a trauma bed near the entrance. She craned her neck to look past and over the nurses and crew moving around and spotted Celeste sitting up in one of the beds off in a quieter part of the room. As she glided closer, she realized Celeste's arm was in a sling and her spirits fell. "Did anything happen out there?" she asked, sidling up next to her. She frowned a bit and rephrased her question with her voice lowered, "Sorry, that sounds horrible... Did you see him, I mean?".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
blind_dead_mcjones

-The Dervish-
-Main meeting room-

"Normally I wouldn't have a problem with that, but I don't think Celeste will be ready to fly in 8 hours. Even assuming she manages to hang back in the Kanone she's only got use of one arm..."

"Who's the first emergency pilot in line? Griff?".

"Yes, sir. PO Dion Griff, one of the mechanics. He's got simulator time,".

"Considering Celeste's arm... Have Dion prepped and assigned to Trask's team - Sager, see what you can do about working on that S-Type. I'm sorry, Adam, but we can't do any better."

Trask merely nodded in resignation. "fair enough Captain. I'll take whatever you're able to give" he spent the rest of the briefing in silence, dividing his attention between listening where neccessary and looking over the dossier which had been passed to him.

Once everyone was dismissed he made a B-line for team 3's ready room, locking the door behind him the second he was inside and letting out a sigh of frustration, he wouldn't say it to the others but he was afraid, in the best part of three sorties team 3 had been through roughly 5 pilots, the only lucky one in the broadest sense of the term was Rick Archer and he'd been effectively crippled, and he couldn't chalk it up to coincidence like before. who's going to be next? he asked hmself before looking at what had been Curren's locker, the items within litteraly being all that was left of him, he then thought back to the last battle, replaying Wes' last moments in his head, it was about then that Adam felt something...snap

"rggh...Wes you IDIOT!!" he bellowed, kicking the locker door with enough force to put a dent in the thin sheet metal "Wasn't bad enough that you didn't bother with actually leading the team, nooo...you also just had to go and play the big hero didn't you?! now i'm left to clean up your mess and there's barely enough ashes from the b-types cockpit to fill a travel mug! you reclusive. arrogant. F***ING. MORON!!!"

-Sick bay-

"Did anything happen out there?"

Celeste snapped out of her daze at the sound of Celeine's voice, who promptly frowned before continuing "Sorry, that sounds horrible... Did you see him, I mean?"

the injured woman shook her head "...no..I didn't." she took a glance at her free arm "and I don't think i'll be getting another opportunity now..."

-Dorm rooms-

“Do you even like me? Don’t toy with me… If you returned to me as KIA or MIA… even if you survive there’s always another sortie after the next one… Oh for crying out loud don’t you have a normal girlfriend out there waiting for you…”

"Who says i'm toying? I do like you, hell, more than like." Wales began, again trying to pick his words carefully "and no, i don't have a another girl waiting or anything like that" running his hand along the side of her face the ensign stopped for a second, thinking back to the last sortie while considering what irene said about being killed in action. "I don't blame you for being unsure about this. and you're right, each time we head out to sortie we may not come back. That's why its important to spend what time you have with those you care about."

he backed away from her slightly, allowing irene to sit up from her current position "...if you like maybe i could take you out to dinner somewhere? or a movie or perhaps somewhere to listen to some music, course i don't exactly know what you like entertainment wise so i'll be winging it a bit but still..."
Flag Fighter for life!
Tangerine

- The Dervish -
- Dorm rooms -

There was something genuine when people panicking over small and trivial things. Wales’ frantic suggestion and attention toward her was of no fabrication, at least Irene felt it that way.

That’s enough,
hush now
I already knew what I need to know

Without warning she grabbed Wales tightly and kissed him. Completely took him by surprise and set things in motion. After a series of hugging, cuddling and further kissing, finally one of them just couldn’t take it anymore and bring his partner to bed. He tried, but after few awkward moments she took the lead mainly because male earthnoid just couldn’t do it nicely, lacking the experience in zero gravity. This caused a wide grin in her face, but he didn’t seem to mind much as both of them spend minutes after minutes together...

Almost two hours passed. Irene was the first to wake up. She was relaxed, sober and in the middle of recollection of what just happened while looking at the man beside her. Personally she was sure there wasn’t any regret. She’ll regret it latter when the person went KIA or MIA – but not now. It was good that Wales wasn’t snoring, so she could take a look at his face in total silence for few good moments. The room was dimmed, lazily she searched slowly for her clothes and donned it. Her hair was rather messy and she fixed it up using her hands. Wales was still asleep when she finally left the room and head out to her own.
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

What the hell am I supposed to do now...? The question echoed throughout Jacob's mind like the lyrics of a bad song he couldn't get rid of. It was painful, distracting and influencing. He was of a right mind to punch the wall hard, but decided not to at the last second. Instead, he simply floated out of the ready room, ignoring Michiko as he went through the door and began floating through the corridor.

Right now, Jacob just needed to be away from the conflicts surrounding his team. It's bad enough she's hung up on a married man... Part of him felt bad for being internally harsh on Michiko, but these days there wasn't much to be jovial about. The anger about being unable to properly avenge Clute's death ran through him like a virus, growing stronger with each pang of guilt, each remembrance of how he'd failed to take down that Griffin during the last battle.

That's it! I don't care what it takes. I don't care if this world has little to no true justice left. This is personal justice! A look of severe determination came over Jacob's face as he whispered to himself, "I am going to kill that Griffin."
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion