Member Introduction Thread Mk IV

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
ShadowCell

Member Introduction Thread Mk IV

Fourth iteration. New members, please introduce yourselves here. We won't bite. Probably. If we do, I'm pretty sure we've all had all our shots. C:
SlowTurtle

Re: Member Introduction Thread Mk IV

I guess I say hello or something. Sorry kinda shy, new to this forum thing but big into mecha has a whole. Hope to a wonderful future here.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
amishpriest

Hi all! Registered a few months ago but just getting around to posting now. I'm a big fan of most things Gundam (sorry Destiny). Also a fan of anime and video gaming in general...particularly Gundam Extreme Vs. on PS3 which is probably the best $100 I've ever spent on a game :). Hoping also to get into Gunpla as well.
Citizen Costigan

Hello everyone, I've been a diehard fan of the Gundam Metaseries since about 2001. I enjoy all of the series, especially one's placed to the universal century timeline. Generally speaking I am not a huge anime fan, though I did grow up on Dragonball Z, Pokemon, and Yu Yu Hakusho. Huge history buff and bit of a sci-fi nerd. Born and raised in Massachusetts, the US of A. Thanks for having me on here.
"Death to Space Fascists "
Undeadsatyr

Hi, I know I've posted once on the forums, but seeing I never really did anything here I guess I'll say hello again. I love to roleplay, Gunpla has become one of my hobbies as of late I've built eight models as of now, four HGs, three MGs, and one RG. I would like to start a Gundam RP in an original universe, if not I'll make in an in-universe RP more then likely in the UC timeline. And before I finish this this goes to Citizen Costigan. The sig is awesome!
Dead Man Walking.
Vipes

I've been coming to the site a lot, but first time on the forums. Big Gundam fan. Not good with long winded introductions.
Xenosynth

Hey everyone! My name is Dylan, or if you are uncomfortable with that, you can always call me Xeno after my username. I am a huge Gundam fan, though my expertise is mainly in the UC timelines. My favorite animation of the series is probably 0080 War in the Pocket, and a quick list of favorite MS include: Woundwort (Gundam TR-6), EX-S Gundam, Qubeley (actually a huge fan of the MP type Qubeley.), and the Gaplant TR-5 Hrairoo (I am hoping that they release it as a HG Model again, in the Gunpla Builders Beginning-D Colors). I'm a beginner at Gunpla, I mainly stick to the HGUC models, and I do panel lining but not a lot of fancy custom paintwork (Though the EX-S really needs it. Huge difference between 2002 models more modern ones. The Hi-Nu only really needs lining to look great but man those large pieces on the EX-S need work.) Um, I tend to tangent randomly, and I do talk a lot as... this intro has probably shown you. Though also I am a bit excited at being part of a seemingly stable fandom for mecha as well at the moment. And... yes. I think that about sums me up pretty well. I hope to speak to everyone more in the future!
xazavier009

Hello im xazavier009 im a long time listener of gundamn and i decided to join the forum
MarshalBraginsky

Hello, my name is MarshalBraginsky. I have a FF.net account and an AH.com account, and I go by the names Radomir's Renegades and Sibirskaya respectively.
Arbiter GUNDAM

What's AH.com?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Psyco Gundam

Hey people! I've been a fan of Gundam for a while now, and I've watched all the works in the franchise apart from SEED and SEED Destiny. Also got into Macross and a few other series due to this site. I just stumbled upon it a few years ago and lo and behold, it had all manner of ridiculously specific tech specs on mobile suits and I was sold immediately. Not to mention, a friend of mine from our anime club always takes great pains to let me know that she knows Chris, so...
Garret Masterson

Hi guys I'm new here! I'm a mecha fan especially gundam and macross.

I collect gunpla kits as well and mostly watch any mecha anime series that comes out after 2005.
brunoafh

Hey all. Big mecha fan here, figured I'd join the community. I'm mostly into super robot shows, but I like real robot shows too (VOTOMS is a favorite of mine). I'm mostly into 70-80s stuff. I like some 90s shows, but for the most part I have trouble getting into series made in 2000-now. Really into video games (both modern and retro), anime, manga, probably the stuff all of you are into heh. I'm also a huge fan of the Super Robot Taisen series.

Hopefully I'll fit in here, looking forward to conversing with my fellow mecha brethren.
MarshalBraginsky

AH.com is Alternate History.com, for those of you who are curious.
Mickeymac92

Guess I'll introduce myself since it seems I'll be sticking around.

I'm Mickeymac92, I'm a big fan of Mecha, especially Gundam. In fact, I'd go as far as to say there isn't a Gundam show I didn't like (though Victory Gundam is getting close). Not to say they're all perfect, mind you, just that I found even the worst of them to be highly enjoyable for one reason or another, with my favorite being the original Mobile Suit Gundam.

Outside of Mecha, I enjoy most types of anime, it really just depends on what I'm in the mood for, though I do tend to gravitate towards shows with solid stories. My favorite non-Mecha shows are Sgt. Frog, FullMetal Alchemist, and FMA: Brotherhood.

I'm pretty big on Mecha-themed games, too, so you'll probably see me in the game section most often.
RyuuXeven

Hey, everyone! Thought I'd join up with MechaTalk after using MAHQ for a decent while. And, I thought hangin' out with my fellow mecha fans would help my resurgence of mecha interest, since it's be dormant for 2+ years.

Gundam dominated my anime fandom from 2008-2010, especially after seeing a Unicorn trailer in 2009, which sparked my mass-watching of most of the U.C.-based series (except Victory, which I'm in the process of watching ATM).

Hoping to become a regular here, like the good ol' Seed Genesis Forums back in the glory days of 2006... Anyone else used to be a member there?

Well, hope to see you all around!~
dendariiprime

Hello, names Michael, Gundam Wing was my 1st experience with Gundam, fell head over heels for Deathscythe, Sandrock, and Tallgeese. Then i encountered the 08th MS team, thank God for the Gouf Custom!!!! i've been a fan ever since.
Tropic Lightning

Aloha, from Hawaii
Grew up in the heyday of the giant robots craze from Gundam and Macross to Gaiking, Mazinkaiser and all the rest
Cage

Hello there. I'm from Spain and I'm 21.

I hope to meet nice people who like Mecha like me :P
~ ##
Bats

I'd like to introduce myself to the Mechatalk community. I'm a big mecha fan. As a young kid I watched a lot of Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot, Ultraman too. Yes, I'm getting old.:( Since then I have moved on to the finer things in mecha anime, mostly being Gundam and Macross(Robotech, back in the day). That being said, I will watch anything with giant robots. And Transformers have a soft spot in my heart too.
I've been a long time listener of the Gundamn! podcast and finally decided to join Mechatalk. See ya around!!!