NEW RPG THREAD DISCUSSION

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Tangerine

Re: NEW RPG THREAD DISCUSSION

I imagined Old City it to be like an old building place build like space station in style since people who first journeyed to mars and began terra-forming live there. so you'll see small spaces, narrow corridor like ships. it doesn't have streets or such else than a large tunnel for moving back/fro mineral or ores. it's been like 100 years plus before people can live safely outside. So when they could, they simply left it and build settlement around it. People or the generation who actually live there already dead, it’s like great grandpa lives in the Old City, father used to talk about living there when he was a kid, but the characters’ generation only hears about it on stories and saw it only from occasional school trip.

As I think about it, I think it similar to when Macross SDF-1 returned back to Earth on the last episode. People build their houses outside and just left Macross like a museum. It’s something like that.

I'm simply offering some example and see if anyone interested in RP like this. feel free to reject the idea. :oops:
The mecha should be small otherwise they'll easily stomp on the aliens--what size?

Do the aliens have large talons?

I still think the rpg about 3 fat guys from Jersey selling used mecha and eating sausage and peppers while discussing pizza etiquette is the best so far.
Taking another liberty, since it's not originally my idea then I think some 4 to 6m tall mecha. aliens.. ranging from dog (the big one), horse-size, equal to the mch 7m giant, to a 16m tall t-rex size. so it's a stomping fest before the big boys entered the arena. large talons, claws, teeths, acidic breath, yeah I want them to be nasty. No range attack for them tho since it's going to be unbalanced.

Actually if you're not joking, the 3 fat guys as Old City rare surviving inhabitant, living by running their junkyard facility deep inside could be good additions to the game. Imagined survivors face when they encountered them inside and forced to spend their money buying equipments from them.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I had a couple of ideas for Macross RPGs that I'd thought I'd share.

Idea #1: The 106th Autonomous Fleet
In this storyline, which would probably take place in the early 2050s, the characters would be part of the 106th Autonomous Fleet, led by the venerable SDFN-10 Prometheus, this fleet's primary mission is to patrol the various UNG colonies and the colonization fleets, assisting where needed and responding to any emergency they come across. At the time the story would start, the fleet reports to a certain system where one of the colonization fleets have made first contact with a previously unknown race. The planetary system that this race occupies has two habitable worlds, one on which they live, and another that, for whatever reason, has just basic plant and animal life. Not only does this make the planet a great prospect for the colonization fleet but they're in somewhat dire straits. Recently they were ambushed by a rogue Zentradi (and/or Meltrandi) fleet, which decimated their protection armada. There is the possibility these Zentradi will attack the fleet again, which this new race acknowledges and doesn't want to get drawn into. Lastly this new race seems to have access to old Zentradi weapons, possibly even originally made by the Protoculture, which raises the question of artifacts on the second world.

Idea #2: The Renegades
This could take place as far forward as the time of MFrontier. The basic story would be about a group of mercenary Valkyrie pilots and the crew of the ship they use as their base. It would be somewhat in the vein of Firefly, where these guys would be, for the most part, mercenaries with hearts of gold (they certainly don't have to all be like that). I'm still thinking through this one but I think the basic setting would allow it to be as complicated or simple as we'd want it. At a basic level, they'd go around doing jobs so they could keep their ship and their Valks in the sky. I'm sure we could come up with reasonable bullsh... er, I mean explanations as to why particular characters have certain Valkyries. Although you'd probably have to step on some serious UN Spacy toes to get something like a VF-22S, but that would be a part of the fun, wouldn't it? Players could fill a variety of roles, from the fighter pilots to irascible mechanics to the ship's crew, clients etc. Like I said, this one's a bit more of a work in progress. Also, the ship they use wouldn't be some uber-fancy thing like the Macross Quarter, it would be a converted freighter or some such.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
The Big Zabowski

...Scrap my submission. I'm lumping in with the SDF Macross: 106th Autonomous Fleet idea. Has that classic Macross, but a great original what-if twist.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Wedge14

Wedge14 wrote:I don't wanna rain on anyones parades but mecha need a pilot. So something you wear, like an endoskeleton or power armour do not constitute as mecha.
I just want to clarify on this statement. When i said power armour and endoskeleton I meant more along the lines of the stuffed used in halo and fallout. I wasn't talking about stuff like EXOSQUADS or the powerlifter from aliens. Things like that are completly acceptable.

So yeah i goofed. :S I should've been more clear before. I know i confused some. And i've been kinda festive today, so i hope i have not made things worse. :oops: I love the ideas i am seeing and can't wait to co-gm whatever game is selected!
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Tangerine

I like how the 106 autonomous fleet idea sounds. I'm sold.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Wedge14 wrote:
Wedge14 wrote:I don't wanna rain on anyones parades but mecha need a pilot. So something you wear, like an endoskeleton or power armour do not constitute as mecha.
I just want to clarify on this statement. When i said power armour and endoskeleton I meant more along the lines of the stuffed used in halo and fallout. I wasn't talking about stuff like EXOSQUADS or the powerlifter from aliens. Things like that are completly acceptable.

So yeah i goofed. :S I should've been more clear before. I know i confused some. And i've been kinda festive today, so i hope i have not made things worse. :oops: I love the ideas i am seeing and can't wait to co-gm whatever game is selected!
So the power armor in StarCraft wouldn't count? But then again, StarCraft does have lots of mecha...

--Freyja Wion
Cardi Doorl

Arbiter, do you think the 106th fleet idea would work out as player-vs-player or players-vs-GM?
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Tangerine

Not answering for Arbiter, but considering things said before, I really think we should try player vs GM RPG this time around. However, I do think that people who actually wanted to play on the other side and play against the players should be catered. Just that they shouldn't take too much involvement, so when they decided to kick the bucket or simply gone, the game could just move forward without losing the pace.
Cardi Doorl

Agreed. I'm also interested in seeing a players-vs-GM game, just wondering if that was Arbiter's vision for that particular RPG. It's hard for me to keep up with just TftF alone, though, so I'm not sure I'll be able to participate in a second RPG in the near future.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
wonton bob

Early 2050's would put us a few years after Dynamite7 and nine years before Frontier. I say the further away from Macross7 the better.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Inferno

I would second the Renagades option, since no one else seems to want to.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I'm still working out who I'd want the true villains of the story to be but I think it could work as a players-vs.-GM game.
wonton bob wrote:Early 2050's would put us a few years after Dynamite7 and nine years before Frontier. I say the further away from Macross7 the better.
(evil chuckle) Why? You don't want Basara and Sound Force to pop up from nowhere and LISTEN TO MY SONG!!?

Actually the reason I put it in the early 2050s was because I wanted the greatest amount of Valkyries possible to be available. No matter how much people would want it, VF-25s wouldn't be possible as I believe only SMS had them. BUT we will have access to almost anything else, including VF-19s, -22s, -17s, etc. I'm a little partial to the 2040s era VF-4G myself. :)

--Freyja Wion
wonton bob

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm still working out who I'd want the true villains of the story to be but I think it could work as a players-vs.-GM game.
wonton bob wrote:Early 2050's would put us a few years after Dynamite7 and nine years before Frontier. I say the further away from Macross7 the better.
(evil chuckle) Why? You don't want Basara and Sound Force to pop up from nowhere and LISTEN TO MY SONG!!?
:)
The sadness stems from watching the "Robotech" series end and finding Macross7 in a video store. After running home and poping the VHS in and I see .......I remember feeling depressed and tears were involved. I must have blocked out most of it like childhood rape cause I don't recall much else.

I'm not concern with Valkyries. I wants a Destroid Phalanx, Tomahawk, or a MONSTER!!
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Tangerine

Please no macross 7. it's irritating.. :(
Inferno

I know next to nothing about Macross, so let's try to keep it simple here.
Rob DS Zeta

Inferno wrote:I know next to nothing about Macross, so let's try to keep it simple here.
Seconded.
*insert witty eyecatch here*
King Monkey

Rob DS Zeta wrote:
Inferno wrote:I know next to nothing about Macross, so let's try to keep it simple here.
Seconded.
In as simple terms as can be provided and for those who don't know Macross: Macross 7 sucked. Even most Macross fans can't stand it. The plot was thin, the characters were unlikeable and the only redeeming feature was that, after 20+ years and giving birth to 4 or 5 daughters, Miriya Genius was still hot.

As a real twist to Macross tradition, what if the new aliens were really tiny. Like, proportional to humans as humans are proportional to un-miclonized Zentraedi. They have mecha, too but the mecha are human sized. For a while, the humans assume that the mecha are the aliens.

But to keep them from being completely outclassed, perhaps they have learned a way to interface their mecha with Zentraedi technology.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Fritz Ashlyn

King Monkey wrote:As a real twist to Macross tradition, what if the new aliens were really tiny. Like, proportional to humans as humans are proportional to un-miclonized Zentraedi. They have mecha, too but the mecha are human sized. For a while, the humans assume that the mecha are the aliens.
So... SDF Macross: Do You Remember "Meet Dave"? Although most people would choose to not remember Meet Dave.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Arbiter GUNDAM

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:
King Monkey wrote:As a real twist to Macross tradition, what if the new aliens were really tiny. Like, proportional to humans as humans are proportional to un-miclonized Zentraedi. They have mecha, too but the mecha are human sized. For a while, the humans assume that the mecha are the aliens.
So... SDF Macross: Do You Remember "Meet Dave"? Although most people would choose to not remember Meet Dave.
Or Men in Black. Not that it's a bad idea but I really don't think it would work with the aesthetics of Macross.

--Freyja Wion
Rob DS Zeta

King Monkey wrote:Macross 7 in a nutshell is crud because Basara and tiny people.
Well, all you've actually done here is make me want to watch the show. Too bad I don't have the time.
*insert witty eyecatch here*