EP.3 To the Looter Goes the Spoils

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
wonton bob

Re: EP.3 To the Looter Goes the Spoils

Barstow

- Al -

Very, very slowly approaching a type of general store the mule drops a few pellets which passes underneath the cart. Al peers back to see an unlucky truck behind him filled with youths. "Damn kids. There's always gonna be trouble around when ya got these hooligans running around," he mutters to lil' Red who yaps at the vehicle behind them. Al pulls out a flask and takes a sip as the mule blows a fart which doesn't phase him and goes in Amy's general direction.

"No, more chili for you, dick."
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
blind_dead_mcjones

"naahh, he decided that he'd rather walk, so i gave him a helpful shove to get him on his way" amy replied, smiking slightly "and we're not under attack yet, but i think we're being watched by someone, and also being slowed down to a crawl by this twit *gestures at the cart in front* ain't helpin."
Flag Fighter for life!
Rob DS Zeta

-at Barstow-

Raz, a little worn due to his trailblazing, finally rolled his ATV into Barstow after some time of riding. It was an easy enough town, way calmer than the slums of Vegas that he had been in for the last half of a week.

"Ah... Smell that Mojave country air." the teen grinned as he unstrapped the buckle on his red helmet. "Now where the heck are these Firebrand kooks based?"

Riding through the town, Raz looked around to see what he could see. As common sense lead one to expect, there was not a sign that said "FIREBRAND REVOLUTIONARIES' BASE HERE". He wanted to avoid chatting up the locals, however, seeing as you could never know whose lips were locked and whose never actually closed. Normally, he could just call Klug and ask him whatever he needed to know, but - as of their last radio transmission - the trailer driver was currently being a d-bag.

"I guess I'll just have to wait for him..."

-on the way to Barstow-

Klug was still trucking, his heavy truck cab and two mobile suit laden flatbeds prattling along the desert highway to the tune of some old western song on the radio. It was nice to have a soothing tone to listen to instead of Raz's cocky sidewinder that he called a trap.

"Damn Siberian..." the man complained, watching the dilapidated form of the Lancaster base go by on the side as he merged onto the road that linked the base and Barstow. He was almost there. Just this stretch of road and...

"What the hell is that?" Klug murmured, putting his eyes forwards as he started milking the truck's brakes. Up ahead, barely visible on the side of the dusty road, was what appeared to be a young man raving in the ongoing direction, towards Barstow.

If he's around here, Klug thought. Then maybe he's one of the Firebrand guys.

Klug hit the brakes even harder and tooted the truck's overly loud horn to get the kid's attention before bringing the massive caravan to a stop close by.

"Need a lift, man?"
*insert witty eyecatch here*
Inferno

Vann sneered at the massive trailer. Moving this much, they were obviously up to something. Still, the quicker they could get him back, the better...

"Yeah, why the f*ck not."

He climbed in the truck, looking at his cell phone. No service? F*ck me running. "Just drop me off in Barstow, okay?" He kept to himself, knowing that his big mouth was the reason he needed a ride to begin with.
SNT1

-Sammy-

"It was a GM, ma'am! He killed Dale, ma'am."

"...A GM..."

"Yes, a dark grey GM, seems to be built around stealth tech---"

"That guy?!? Well, at least you're safe in Vegas now. I'm putting an order to capture that guy alive!"

Sammy angrily ends the call, knowing that it's that GM again, one that took her Overflag's arm and now had an attempt on her convoy. But that GM is small-fry, there are more pressing issues. Right now, Sammy is going to plan on a second offensive. San Diego sounds good just about now.

Using whatever preferred communications device each Firebrand operative may have, Sammy contacts all of them to meet at Barstow ASAP. They have sucked the remains of Lancaster base dry, now they need to plan for an offensive, as well as a possible quick retaliation from the Empire.

"Everyone, back to the mines. We're splitting money and planning our next move. Don't make me wait." For some, it may be the utmost priority, Sammy hopes, that they get their money. She can buy eight new Gouf's from her wreckage and amazing wipeout of Lancasted, though a huge sum of the mone is from the Mercurius and Vayeate plans.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
wonton bob

Barstow

- Al -

Pulling out from the main street, to everyone's pleasure and entering a parking lot infront of a store, Al quickly scans the area. He focuses on an old woman selling her wares by the store enterance. "This place is rapidly going to hell.." he mutters while Lil' Red starts to bark at the traffic passing by.

"Old Crow! Is there anywhere in this town where I can buy a shrubbery?"
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
blind_dead_mcjones

"finally." Amy muttered as the cart pulled off of the road thereby allowing her to move the truck onward, ignoring the sound of a dog yapping as the radio crackled to llife

++ Everyone, back to the mines. We're splitting money and planning our next move. Don't make me wait. ++

needing no further incentive, she pressed on accelerator lightly, looking at the side miror in the process. her eyes narrowed as she noticed a quadbike dome two cars behind the truck, and further in the distance a huge plume of dust that usually signified an incomming road train, she didn't know why but her gut instinct told that these two arrivals would lead to trouble.
Flag Fighter for life!
Rob DS Zeta

As he finally prowled the trailer into town, Klug kept his eyes open for any sign of Raz's ATV. This actually wasn't the driver's first time in Barstow, but his last visit had only lasted about thirty minutes. Not nearly long enough to learn where anything was. Hopefully, the boss had been doing some of what he was best at - being a suspiciously stealthy eavesdropper.

Sure enough, as soon as he rolled down his window, the sound of the ATV's innards shifting gears lit up Klug's ears. He looked up to see Raz slowing down and falling into line next to him.

"What's the word, bird?" Klug yelled down.

"I spoke to Lorelei," Raz explained, causing Klug's eyebrows to perk up with surprise. "She says that we need to look for the salt mines around here."

Salt mines? Klug couldn't say that he had heard anything about them. But, he thought as he glanced over to his passenger, he knew somebody who might have an idea where to look.

"Say, pal," he said to the disgruntled kid he had picked up on the way in. "You know anything about the local salt mines?"
*insert witty eyecatch here*
Inferno

-Vann-

Vann could put two and two together, and he figured that these guys were either mercenaries or really zealous miners. Either way, he needed to keep them out of the mines.

"Yeah, they've been shut down 'cause some idiot didn't figure out what 'safe working conditions' means. The union raised a good bit of hell, then the mines got closed. I mean, you could still look around, but if it collapses you're on your own. Every now and then we get an idiot prospector who goes in and never comes out."

He felt his phone buzz and checked it. Solar had text-messaged him.

"Get back home now, mom's worried." For once Solar's fear of ease-droppers had managed to get Vann out of some trouble.

"Hey, look, can you drop me off at the next light? My Mom is gonna beat the crap outta me if she finds out I got a ride with strangers."