Episode 22 - Conspire [TE]

The last RPG was "Zeta Gundam: Tales from the Frontlines - The AEUG" which ran from 2006-14.
hellbore

Re: Episode 22 - Conspire [TE]

- Open Space -

- Kirov, Beta Team Ready Room -

Thankfully, no-one was inside the room as Kate stepped inside. Scanning the lockers, she found the only one without a name on it and pulled it open. Assaulted by a musty smell, she surmised that when the locker was cleaned out, it had failed to be cleaned. Grimacing imperceptibly in distaste, she set her belongings aside and and put begun pulling out the items she had assigned to her pilot locker.

Once done, she took hold of her bag, set the lock on the locker door and placed her name in the slot. Finished with her own tasks, Kate made to leave the ready room, but as she headed for the door, her eyes strayed to the names on the other lockers.

W. Ritter
S. Haksson
D. Nwosu

The first two names meant nothing to her, though she filed them away for later. For some reason, the name Nwosu struck out at her, her mind flashing to images from the transport craft. That man was a new recruit too, more information she filed away for later. Re-shouldering her bag, Kate once again headed out the door and into the hallway.
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Fritz Ashlyn

- Open Space -

- The Kirov -
- Corridor -

Tariq and Sven were most of the way to Kyle's room when Haksson finally spoke up for the first time since following along to investigate the shooting. "Lt. What do you know of this Captain Black?” Sven asked, causing Lt. Sayed to slow himself with a hand against the hallway wall. The lieutenant's pace slowed to a crawl as he turned to look at Sven, his eyes studying the pilot from behind the reflective lenses of his sunglasses. After a hesitant moment pondering how to properly answer, Tariq said quietly, "I would be careful asking people you don't fully trust about him if I were you. Black Friday is an officer in our organization's intelligence service, as I am, but there is much more to him than that,".

He glanced behind them as if he expected someone to be watching. Satisfied they were not being spied upon, he continued, "Capt. Friday is perhaps among the most dangerous men in the Titans - he is stationed aboard the Jupitris, Paptimus Scirocco's ship, but in my experience he's been able to produce papers that indicate he does work for Bask Om as well. I can tell you they were faked, but I have no evidence,". Tariq shook his head grimly, "I will tell you I do not fear him, but that is a lie. And if you, or Wolf Ritter, forget that fear can be a useful emotion you may put yourselves in great danger,". With a small, resigned shrug he added, "Anything I may be able to tell you he has done or is connected to is likely not in official records and cannot be proven. Yet. For now my word is no better than gossip,".

They came to a stop around the corner from Kyle Roberts' quarters, and Tariq stabilized himself against the wall once more. "Mr. Haksson, perhaps you should go and inform Wolf what you have seen and heard. I can handle the rest of this investigation, I assure you," Tariq said, his posture indicating it was a polite order. "Ritter may soon prove more useful than I first thought... Their faction is still fighting for the Titans because it serves their own interests. But at this point who isn't? The rest have died or have nowhere else to go...". Lt. Sayed waited a moment and then turned the corner and continued toward Kyle's room. He stopped outside the locked door and pushed the button to set off the chime inside. He could have entered the security code and barged in, but Roberts was cooperating. And pretending he along with Saad and the rest that he thought Kyle was involved made him feel like a fool.

- Sick Bay -

“You know, I’m doing surprisingly well all things considered... I’m not sure how much our mutual friend told you, actually no I’m sure he told you nothing but threats and your job; but the truth is I probably have only 2 months to live," Nick said, being surprisingly candid compared to the other men Hepburn had worked with in the past. Then again a lot of people opened up around him, either because they felt he was friendly enough to talk to or they were just plain intimidated. "Damn shame if it's true. Course I once had an uncle they said somethin' like that to and he gave ol' Death the bird and toughed it out for another ten years," he responded gruffly, holding up a hand and nodding to one of the nurses who was giving him irritated gestures indicating he should put out his cigar, "So you never can tell if a doctor knows what the hell he's talkin' 'bout,".

He rolled out the end of the cigar and put it back in his mouth. "All I need you for is another couple'a weeks anyhow..." the big man said with a chuckle. He trailed off and straightened up when he noticed someone approaching. Saad Bahjat gave him a nod and then moved closer to Nick. "Lt. Te'Litha, it is nearly time," he said, checking his watch, "If you are ready, go to the brig in one hour. Cpl. Azarola will let you in. I will take care of the rest,". Saad gave a glance in Jackson's direction and then was on his way again. Hepburn chomped on the cigar and shifted it to the other side of his mouth. "Guess that's my cue too, LT. See you around," he said, getting up with a wink to head in the other direction.

- Rhys' Quarters -

Rhys Azarola cut open the envelope that had been brought aboard by Rowsdower that contained his new orders. He had left the mess hall after finishing his meal in a hurry when he noticed Daren sitting so close to him. That kid was looking to screw something up, he could tell. He scanned the page of orders slowly enough to take everything in and then tore up the note. After disposing of the pieces, he picked up his knife and slid it into place on his belt with a click. It was time to get some more work done. A faint smile formed on his lips as he slipped two more sealed envelopes into the pocket inside his jacket. One less problem, one less thing to make their job on the Kirov more difficult. He looked at his watch and then cracked his knuckles. Less than an hour until he had to be at the brig.

- Hallway -

"Stukov's 'Terror Squad'!" Dolk interjected, coming down the hallway into the midst of Alpha Team's conversation as Stukov was about to leave. The Russian looked the new pilot up and down and grunted to Leandro, "This one is lieutenant. And a new one. Is he your mystery man?". "Lt. Schuyler Dolk, your new Artillery," the metalhead announced himself, with a loud riff that emanated from his earbuds that seemed to synch up to his introduction. He glanced at Grace with a grin.

- Near the Hangar -

Hepburn grumbled a complaint under his breath as he found his way back to the hangar from sick bay - the Kirov's layout was just different enough from the Latium to be annoying. He needed to find Parks Applegate, and he needed to do it fairly soon. "Dangit," he muttered, heading off down a corridor to look for his partner.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Sume Gai

-Kirov-
-Hallway-

It likely wouldn't take long for Hepburn to locate his quarry. Parks had 'decided' to leave Tariq Sayed alone in favor of accidentally bumping into a young petty officer, of the female persuasion.

When Hepburn finally found Parks he was leaning casually against a wall, or as close as possible in 0G, with one arm against the wall above the girl's head. The girl seemed to be laughing, or at the least trying not to with a slight blush on her face.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Attomoku

Kirov, Sickbay

Lt. Te'litha

Nick nodded back to his cigar chewing co-conspirator as he left and waited patiently. He pretended to sleep as the feeling from his fingertips faded into semi-pleasant numbness. "Good" he thought, "the Meds are working finally after a half bottle."
After 40 minutes the duty nurse went into the back room and getting up stiffly he setup the old 2 pillow trick on his bed and creeped to the med cabinet. Nick deftly produced an extra key he had swiped from the poor girl sometime around November. He unlocked it and took a few choice items including more his own Meds, and a few syringes of powerful sedatives.
Nick then tiptoed out of sickbay and started leisurely towards the brig unnoticed and figuring he had a about a half hour before he would be missed.

Hallway

Ltjg. Kelborne

"This one is lieutenant. And a new one. Is he your mystery man?". "Lt. Schuyler Dolk, your new Artillery,"
Grace face-palmed at Dolk's slightly ridiculous introduction "Yes Lieutenant, that's the one who claims to have my room."
IAN: (Shaking fist up at sky in a storm of GN particles) Science does not WORK this way, Setsuna!!!
wonton bob

- The Kirov -
- Kyle's Quarters -

The door chime had alerted Roberts that an answer to his confinement had finally arrived. Thankfully he had changed into his uniform to meet whatever officer was in charge. Kyle wondered if this had anything to do with Cara acting strangely, he couldn't imagine what she did to cause a lock-down of the whole squad.
Kyle released a button which opened the door revealing Tariq standing in front of him. Surprised by who his visitor was, Kyle jumped to attention and stepped aside. "Come in. What is this about, Sir," he asked nervously.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Fritz Ashlyn

- Open Space -

- The Kirov -
- Kyle's Quarters -

Lt. Sayed used the toe of his boot to steady himself outside Kyle Roberts' door. There was no guard posted, but with the security lock put into the door's panel that wasn't necessary - Kyle couldn't leave without calling for someone with the code. Tariq took the notepad from his pocket and took in a breath, trying to make sure he still looked like he was totally in control. "This nonsense will be done with as soon as I finish this useless investigation. Then I'll--" he told himself as he waited for Kyle to respond. A blinking red light on the door and a soft buzz tore him away from his thoughts. A deep scowl caused his brow to furrow above the blank lenses of his shades.

Muttering curses, he angrily fumbled for his small hand radio. He jammed down his thumb on the switch and demanded, "Sergeant Bahjat! Why the hell is the entrance number not working on the security lock on Ltjg. Roberts' door?". The walkie-talkie crackled for a moment and then beeped before Saad responded, "I'm sorry sir. The code list was changed when the new personnel came aboard. The orders came from the Dogosse Gier. The new door code is 00451,". Tariq was surprised into a few seconds of silence. Saad gave him the number so readily, after practically making it plain as day he and Rhys were actively keeping him out of the security office? Things were becoming less clear.

"Fine..." he grunted. He added, "Sergeant, prepare a holding cell," before muting the radio and putting it back on his belt. Making Saad literally make his bed before he was forced to lie in it would be the beginning of the punishment. He'd toss the sergeant and CPL. Azarola in a cell together for the rest of the ride to Gryps, and then he'd hand over all his information and sit back to wait for Friday's plan to come crashing down. He decided he'd request leave to attend if there were executions. Before he could tell Kyle to move away from the door so he could input the override and enter, the door opened and he found himself face to face with Roberts.

Under his breath Tariq mumbled, "Damn it!". Was the code real or not? They couldn't have planned the timing of the door opening, he was being too paranoid. "Come in. What is this about, Sir," Kyle said, bringing himself to attention and then moving out of the way. "Mr. Roberts, I anticipate this won't take long..." Tariq said, entering. He put his pad away and grasped his hands behind his back. The way Kyle reacted seemed genuine, making him feel more certain he was wasting his time. After observing the pilot for a moment, he got to the point. "Mr. Roberts, Cara Shiranui has been murdered. With your sidearm. I was told you were recently looking for her and seemed agitated,".

- Near the Brig -

"Idiot," Rhys muttered, satisfied with the continued deception of Lt. Sayed as Saad put his own radio away. Bahjat looked at his watch and then shook his head, "So what are the envelopes for?". Rhys shrugged, "How should I know? I just do as I'm told. And in about 40 minutes we can both breathe a little easier,". Saad frowned at the tone of Rhys' voice. He almost sounded eager. "He probably is..." the sergeant thought, watching the way his partner's hand came to rest on the handle of his knife. The corporal had been happy to jump in and shoot Cara when Nick had hesitated.

- Hallway -

"Yes Lieutenant, that's the one who claims to have my room," Grace explained, looking like she was not at all impressed with Dolk. Stukov gave a neutral grunt and held his hand out, "And I hear you carry papers that suggest as much,". Dolk nodded and produced some folded up orders from his jacket pocket. Behind the darkened lenses of his sunglasses he was still getting a good look at Grace while Stukov scanned the new orders. "Hn. These look legitimate, but I have been told nothing. I do not like this," Stukov rumbled, giving back the lieutenant his papers.

The Russian rubbed his chin thoughtfully and then said, "Maybe there is a change coming. So many new pilots, and promotions being handed out so quickly... Until I talk to the captain, Grace, you will keep your own quarters. Lt. Dolk, you'll have to put your things in an empty locker and wait in our ready room,". He gave another deep grumble and asked, "Dolk, why is it they give you to me now? They must have taken you from another unit to send you here,". Lt. Dolk shrugged and answered, "Never played by the rules, I never really cared. My nasty reputation takes me everywhere,".

- Bridge -

Trent glided back onto the bridge, still unsure of exactly what Echo's new role would be. "Captain, the Dogosse Gier has asked you to reposition Taskforce Echo off the transport Oxford's starboard side to provide security for that side of the main fleet. We've been given the proper coordinates," Gojiro spoke up to report as soon as the crew spotted him returning. "That's fine..." Trent nodded absentmindedly as he hauled himself into his chair. The orders were passed along the bridge and then sent to the other ships, and the fleet's direction began to change slightly. The captain reached into his coat for an envelope and called over Mortimer.

"Mr. Kellman, I finished changes to the duty roster and pilot list. The information is here," he said, passing the helmsman the papers. "That was fast, sir," the stoic operator responded as he moved to have the changes made. "Yes, but I had some help..." Trent said, folding his arms.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Wedge14

Leandro who had only watched the confrontation quietly had had enough. The way Dolk didn't take this whole situation seriously at all was nagging at him. But what outraged leandro the most was how he was leering at Grace. Suddenly stepping infront of her and ruining Dolk's view he added to the conversation swelling with new found lt like pride.

"You better correct that attitude around here."
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
The Big Zabowski

-Hepburn-

With a gruff 'Humph' he kicked off the floor on the far end of the hallway where Parks had started yet another attempt to have his jollies had on board the Kirov. He gnawed on the cigar still chomped between his teeth as he approached the man, the tobacco implement tweaking to the side of his mouth as he came to rest near the kid.

He flatly opened up with a low, hushed tone nodding to the fair thing at Parks' hip.

"'Ay Applegate.. Stop it with the face sucking. Wheels up in 30. Don't want to keep the ole' captain waiting."

The large man took his own position leaning against the opposing wall from the two as he tapped his wrist watch, still chewing on the sloppy unlit remnants of the cigar butt.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Sume Gai

-Parks Applegate-

"Ah Hepburn. You have such poor timing." Parks spoke with an affected politeness and gave the other man jovial nod. It was rare that Parks would recall the name, Males around him were more set pieces than anything, not even competition; why would anyone bother to remember the name of a coffee table? he returned his gaze to the petty officer with a slight frown of disappointment

"I'm afraid this lovely conversation must wait for another time, my dear, but fear not for I shall find you again." He smiled revealing perfectly white teeth that might hve Sparked and Ping if he'd wanted them to. "My Heart would guide me across the fast reches of space to find you once more."

The petty officer chuckled innocently before setting off. Parks continued to smile until she'd vanished around a corner. His expression instantly shifted to one of annoyance and he rounded on Hepburn. "Such a good catch missed; so what does Friday want now?
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Xvlai

- Alexandria Class-Kirov, Hallway –

Taking the dismissal Sven strode off down the hallway. When the Lt. needed him he would know how to contact him. As he took a quick turn towards Beta Teams quarters Sven mulled over what the Lt. had divulged. This man, while a pawn was certainly dangerous, especially since it seemed he was involved with both the top Titans leadership and the man from Jupiter. If Sven had to warrant a guess based on his opinion he would say it was the Jovian who pulled Black’s strings.

Making his way quickly to Wolf’s rooms, Sven rapped on the doors twice and quietly spoke his name at the door. Hopefully, Wolf was in and not in the bridge trying to work out Trent’s secrets. The information Sven knew know needed to get to Wolf’s ears as soon as time warranted. Gazing through the ship towards the team quarters Sven figured he would try there next if Wolf didn’t answer soon.
The Big Zabowski

-Hepburn-

"We gotta help two of our so called 'allies' in a little operation. Need to know basis for now; but we're meetin' 'em in the brig. You'll be able to meet up with your 'little thing' later; but right now your working for Friday."

Hepburn kicked away from Parks, floating down the hall toward the lift.

"Let's get a move on."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
The Green Flame

-Salamis Kai-class Herakles, Alex's Quarters-

"This is a fine mess you've gotten yourself into Alex"

Straightening his uniform was one Alex Weber, relatively inexperienced Titan pilot and until recently stationed away from the fighting before getting transfered to the Herakles. Sure he managed to shoot down a few GM IIs at his old post but he preferred it when he worked as an operator. Besides weren't there better pilots they could request?

"Well it's too late now, guess I'll have to make the best of it" he thought aloud. He should've expected to be sent to the front at some point after being transfered to the Titans. Just not like this.

Satisfied with his appearance he decided to head to the mess hall, hoping to at least get to know the team he was assigned to this time.
wonton bob

- The Kirov -
- Kyle's Quarters -

"Mr. Roberts, Cara Shiranui has been murdered. With your sidearm. I was told you were recently looking for her and seemed agitated,".

Kyle's jaw dropped and his eyes starred widely past Tariq when he heard the words 'murdered'. "W-wha...h-h. why her?" he stumbled with his words. Walking over to his bed he takes a seat unable to keep his knees locked. " I was looking for her.." he mumbled.

Snapping out of his confusion, Kyle looks up at Tariq determined to get any answers on why a teammate was murdered. He rose up and approached Tariq with his hands clenched by his sides. "I was looking for her earlier. On our last sortie she nearly bought it. Both of us nearly did, we came holding each other up." Kyle folds his arms not expecting the intelligence officer to understand but he explains further, "Not sure if you're aware of this, but when soldiers face death together there's a type of bond that forms between them. And with Lt. Kamek running off getting himself killed I assumed the role of 'parental' figure."

Looking away chuckling he continues, " Lt. Kamek..how he bragged about being a new-type." Kyle was now becoming agitated and angry, all the feelings of losing a battle with the possibility of losing the war was now flooding in. "Look, I was worried about her--read her file. I want to know why was she murdered? And why with my weapon?!" he barked at the Lieutenant.

- The Kirov -
- Hanger -

With the picture having floated off somewhere in the Kirov, Jason has decided to look at the bright side of life by remaining in the military. The war is still on-going so there will be something for him to do. Even if it means never returning to Earth and going on the run with the remaining Titans as pirates avoiding capture if need be.
Also there is Grace, someone whom he'd never thought to meet in this type setting, and now she's only a squad away. Jason thought about trying to meet up with her later and talk some more over a drink but right now he's busy going over the finishing repairs on his Marasai while he hums a tune sung to him once. He looks over at the busy hanger as he reflects, "Yes. Home is where the heart is."
Fritz Ashlyn

- Open Space -

- The Kirov -
- Kyle's Quarters -

Tariq scrutinized Kyle's reaction, inspecting the pilot's initial change in comportment and reading the tone of his voice. Roberts' eyes glazed over a bit and he went slack-jawed at the news. "W-wha...h-h. why her?" Kyle faltered, staggering to the support of his bed, "I was looking for her...". The intelligence officer stayed quiet and didn't move to comfort Kyle - the pilot's next move would mean even more than his first reaction in proving his perceived guilt or innocence. His eyes followed Kyle from behind opaque lenses as he approached him from the bed. The pilot's agitated movements and questions didn't have a noticeable effect on Tariq's expression or demeanor either.

The lieutenant waited for Roberts to finish his angry response. After a moment, he reached up slowly and removed his sunglasses, folding them closed and slipping them into the front pocket of his tunic. "I know you didn't murder her, Mr. Roberts. I can easily tell you why your weapon was used, but why she was the target of a violent outburst is harder to answer," he said, speaking in an even tone to keep Kyle calm. The frown that had lately taken up permanent residence on his face showed that that too was probably a tactic rather than sympathy. He folded his arms and answered, "Your firearm was taken from your locker and left there to implicate you. That has been just adequate enough to see to it that I come here for this talk out of duty to procedure,".

Despite the control he exerted over his poise and speech, something about the lieutenant's shoulders and the inflection of his voice gave away that he was a very tired man. At this distance Kyle would be able to clearly make out the dark circles under his eyes; Sayed's dark complexion wasn't sufficient to hide those completely, or the lines deepening around his eyes and mouth. Tariq shook his head and continued, "Cara was almost certainly the victim of some sort of incidental violence. There are agents at work on this ship that are not completely loyal solely to the Titans,". He didn't explain further whether he was referring to Wolf's faction or Black's. He didn't need to get another crewmember fully involved.

He rubbed the bridge of his nose where the glasses had been resting and said, "If I were you, I'd keep my head down. Be careful who you speak to about this,". Writing something down on his notepad he confessed, "To be frank, JG, I have just about used up my remaining patience with Titans politics. If you have no further comments to make, I can finish the report without a full interview - I'd prefer to get back to the job I was torn away from before this happened and I know Cara's death is connected to it somehow,".

- The Brig -

As Rhys kept watch on the ends of the hallway to make sure Tariq did not return prematurely, Saad input the security code they had kept from their superior for so long into the brig door. The entrance to the security office slid open with a beep, and they made sure the system re-locked once they were inside. "Not long, now, pal," Rhys called out to Pan's cell with a chuckle as he floated towards the ruined interrogation room. Saad stopped at the front station to check the camera systems and then checked his watch.

"Less than 20 minutes... I'll tell Bruce to contact Lt. Sayed when the time is right," he said, adjusting the collar of his uniform jacket. "Te'Litha had better be here on time. We're running out of room to operate trying to keep Tariq out of his office for this long," Rhys responded from where he leaned against the bullet-riddled wall.

- Hallway -

Dolk reacted with slightly raised eyebrows as Leandro inserted himself between him and Grace. "You better correct that attitude around here," Leandro threatened, getting Dolk to finally look him over. The lieutenant's expression darkened for the first time since being on the Kirov, and he started to make some sort of bizarre threat, "JG, in the doorway, up against the wall, when they play a heavy record then I'm gonna have a ball--". The hand not grasping the strap of his duffel tightened into a fist. Stukov reached out and poked a finger into Dolk's chest. "Is lieutenant," he corrected Dolk, gesturing with his head in Leandro's direction with a hint of anger in his voice.

The leader of Team Alpha scraped his index finger across the new man's chest until he was pointing down the hall he had come from. "The ready room is that way. Please make yourself at home until I return," he ordered. Dolk held up an open palm and went right back to looking like he was unconcerned with the world. Without a word, he turned for the ready room and left the other pilots.

- Outside Wolf's Quarters -

Wolf came along slowly on a grip, carrying on a quiet conversation with Daren who was trailing behind by keeping a soft grasp on Ritter's shoulder. "...to Delta Team," Daren said, finishing some explanation Sven wouldn't have been able to hear as they approached. Wolf let go of the grip and the two pilots slowed themselves as they stopped in Beta's hallway. "How do you know what team he's assigned to already? We don't have new orders yet," Wolf asked. Daren blinked and answered, "He talked about his assignment during the transport, sir,". That was good enough for Wolf, who murmured, "Allister Grant, huh?" as he nodded to Sven.

Daren bowed to Haksson slightly and Wolf asked, "Do you have something, Sven? Daren here gave me a list of suspicious types and I'd like to see if we can match up any information,".
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Wedge14

-Brig-

Pan Heyden had become rather cozy in his dark cell. The guards did their best at keeping him well fed and well supplied with cigarettes. It was like a real crappy vacation, trapped in a small holding cell. Occasionally Pan heckled or conversed with the guards outside, maybe it was something like the Stockholm syndrome.

When Rhys announced that Pan would soon be released, the big man sauntered over towards the small barred window toothbrush hanging from his lips. "I was starting to get comfortable in here..." Heyden tried to get a look at the two guards. They were most likely pawns in this game just like him. With the right move, a pawn can become a king.

-Hallway-

Leandro couldn't hide a small grin from his lips as Dolk marched away. "Who do you think has the biggest ego around here nowadays anyways?"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
The Green Flame

-The Herakles, Mess Hall-

"Well so much for that idea"

Having reached the mess hall Alex's original goal of meeting up with the team he was assigned to went unfulfilled, the area almost completely empty empty save a few crew members keeping to themselves as they ate. With all the recent chaos following the destruction of The Gate of Zedan he supposed it wasn't a surprise he hadn't seen anyone yet.

Heading into the hallways again he noted how similar the Herakles was to the ship he served as an operator on. Of course they were the same model so then again it was expected it to be the same.

"Herakles, divine hero and son of Zeus. Quite a name to live up to" he muttered to himself as he wandered the halls, eventually coming to the hangar. Looking over the railway he could see the maintenance crews working on the group of Hizacks that served as the ship's mobile suit team.

Unzipping his jacket Alex pulled out his pentagram chain and sighed as he glanced at the Hizacks, the chain, then back at the Hizacks. Now that he was the front it was time to see if that good luck charm of his was as lucky as he hoped.
wonton bob

- The Kirov -
- Kyle's Quarters -

Kyle sat back down knowing there was probably nothing he could do. "Yeah. You go ahead. I'll just stay out of your way," he replied sadly.

News of Titans against Titans was too much to bear for the mentally fatigued pilot. Realizing he was a soldier first instead of a detective, he had to put all of his focus in the cockpit and trust that Lt. Tariq could find the culprits behind Cara's murder.
The Green Flame

-The Herakles, Hangar-

Watching the mechanics continue their work Alex let out a bored yawn. Obviously there wouldn't be constant fighting on the front but still it was relatively uneventful on the ship. Not so much as a briefing, run down on where they were headed, hell he hadn't even met the captain yet!

Scratching his head he was about to take off again when he realized apparently he now had company now.

"Oh hello, didn't notice you there...." he trailed off before noticing the medal on Joshua's collar......

"Lt!" he quickly said while throwing up a salute. Alex hoped this officer wasn't one of those authority obsessed Titans, otherwise he just got himself in trouble on the first day.
The Green Flame

-The Herakles, Hangar-

Alex sighed as he dropped his salute 'Dodged a bullet there but I guess I need to be more careful' he thought to himself.

"I'm Lieutenant Alister and you are?"

Allister....wasn't that the name of his team leader? Well it seemed he managed to find someone from his team after all. "Ensign Alex Weber, I'm a recent transfer to the Herakles" he answered offering his hand for a shake "And if I'm not mistaken, you're my team leader Lieutenant"
The Green Flame

-The Herakles, Hangar-

'So we're both transfers, are things that hard on the Titans?' he wondered as he released Joshua's hand "Most likely. I was stationed at Side 1 before this but when I got the transfer order rumors were flying around saying that the Titans are on its last legs"

Alex thought for a moment before continuing "I think the only place left for the Titans is Gryps 2 so chances are we'll see heavy fighting soon. Not sure against who though..."