My Wallpapers - 12/17/15 - Site Updated

The place to share your artwork.
Phoenix

No response after two days? I either did a really bad job or a really good one - so much so that I'm not getting any critiques on it... :roll:
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Howdy, ma'am.

Apophis is a bitch, huh?

I don't mean to pick on you for being new again, but generally the wait-time before an artist doubleposts is usually 3 days. A post edit is usually expected before then. I'm not being mean to you; I just want to help you get used to things around here. =) I am trying my best to encourage everyone to comment often enough so that the artists in the forum don't go without reviews or commentary, but my influence is very small so far. I can only lead by example. Perhaps you can help, too, Phoenix? =)

As for your actual work, I can tell you that your photoshop skills are good beyond my comprehension. (I'm just learning how to vector color at this point. Yes, kinda pathetic.) Still, I can tell a good artist when I see one. :wink: I saw one of your wallpapers in Sandrum's flickr stream. Pretty famous, eh? This might be a minor detail, but I really appreciate the fact that you cared to blend your text and signature with the rest of the work. Too often I see wallpapers with poorly done text that stands out so much it burns the retinas.

And yeah, the Gundam does look pretty naked, haha. It almost looks like it was molested and left to die, as much as a mobile suit can leave that sort of impression. In a way it's both funny and depressing. :roll: While the setting you made was very good, I don't think the subject matter draws so much attention. The 78 doesn't look so good when it's dead. :P As for destroyed Gundams, I always preferred this image. Yes, it has much less landscaping potential (none, apparently) but the MS itself carries itself well in the image. And from what I have seen, people actually suck at doing Wing Zero wallpapers for some reason. They expect the MS design to do all the visual impact, and what they actually contribute themselves as artists is pretty sub-par. (I'm not suggesting a request or anything. I'm just giving my say on this wallpapering business in general.)

Phoenix, I think you're probably the only wallpaper creator on this forum. The only wallpaper maker I've ever personally come across, to be honest. Many of the people here may not have the want or ability to critique you, but I'll sure try my best. Please keep working hard, and it would make me very happy if you became more involved with the community here. We're trying hard, too, you know? Anyhow, take care. =o
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Phoenix

Dammit strike three! >___<

Sorry about that. I'll try and remember that the next time...

As for being the only waller on this site - T___T Well regardless of whether or not you know how to make a wallpaper, I'm sure people have thoughts about them. I appreciate comments from any true Gundam fan really. (Most of what I get on other sites I submit to are screams from fangirls who are in love with the boys of Gundam - and mechas get no love from fangirls...) At the same time, I know nothing of Frankens, which seems to be the popular thing on this forum. But even so, if I am being invited to give my two cents, I will then. :P

I know HOW to vector, I just fail miserably at it. Somehow the idea of plotting points for 20 hours doesn't entertain me. I'd rather be working on lighting effects with Photoshop instead. So if you can do that, congrats. As for coloring - you must get a tablet. It's an industry rule.

As for text. Yeah, I hate girly scripty text that just ruins wallpaper. I like mine to be subtle. And while I'd just love to scribble my name all over the wall to prevent it from being cropped and stolen, I realize that ugly signatures deter people from wallpapers. And so, I trust that people who find/use my works, respect it enough to keep my signature/site on it and not redistribute it as their own in forms of avatars, signatures, etc without crediting me...

As for that Wing Zero image there... ZOMG.. It's PURTY... Is there a place I can find a larger version? Does it have the other half of it? Because even though you claim not to be requesting, you've shown me quite a good image to work with. I'd rather not try my hand at vectoring that small image and would love to work with a better resolution version instead. If anyone could find it for me, I'd get working on walling it. (Crazy lighting effects can be done on it.)

As for your observation on Wing Zero wallpapers - this is because a lot of people who wall Gundams simply use brushes they find on Deviant Art and go for that 1990s retro "tech" or "abstract" look. Simply a gradient added with brush whore technique. (Actually this applies to walling newbs in general.) I like to create battlegrounds and such to match the feel of the original series themselves. In other words, I'm a stock whore. (If I'm not painting the background.)

Thanks again Seraphic. I'll try and leave some comments on other artists' threads. *skips away*
OddlucK

Heck, I didn't even realize it was a 'shop until I read further into your post. I just thought you'd found it and figured someone would suggest the Random Images thread to you. :) Sorry.

Very, very well done. I have no skill whatsoever when it comes to that sort of thing. (I can piece Simmons art together, but that's about it.) But, I know what looks good and I saved it to my machine. :D
Phoenix

OddlucK wrote:I just thought you'd found it and figured someone would suggest the Random Images thread to you. :)
For that, I edited my title... :roll:

Thanks. You can find other resolutions of it and my earlier works on my site.
X10A-Freedom

As somone who changes wallpaper quite often I thank you for being a waller and I also give props for blending your sigs.

As for the pic it looks really good the only thing I would have to say is theres so much going on the gundam kinda gets lost. But other than that it looks good.
Mechanized Earth Guard Attack System
Xtra Large Robot
Lans

Actually I prefer this one. It got a better composition of text, object and a nice blend of paper-burn-brown background. I really like it on high res. It doesn't feel sharp but that's what I like for wallpaper, as we'll see it a lot on our desktop.

Sharper or richer tone colours would look better but it would strain the eyes faster than darker or softer tone. Still, I hope you’ll pick up more colours next time. You could try black, grey or dark tone. They’re also good for background. And uh- avoid using gamma for brighter effect, usually it doesn’t work well for high res wallpaper.
Phoenix

Haha, check out my Exia or Seed Destiny ones then, if you like black...

http://www.theforgottenlair.net/Wallpaper.php

Thanks. :P
Phoenix

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Wallpaper

Repost of my closed thread. Sorry for the trouble.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6352/00crewtd0.jpg

Just wanted to wall something after watching Episode 17 of season two and after watching Lockon die again, this time dubbed.

More resolutions @ The Forgotten Lair
Phoenix

Mkay, it's been over 3 days now. Just posting my latest work. (Not that people comment anyway... >__>)

:roll:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4493/thronezweieh8.jpg

Original Scan HERE

As always, more resolutions on my site.
ORegan

I like the GN particle effect you added into it. :D
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Phoenix

Thanks... For Throne Zwei right? I tried adding a bit more for the fang, but too much of it took away from the lighting and mood. :cry:
Draco Starcloud

I agree that that Throne background is very nice-looking. The GN particle effect is a nice touch.

There's one I don't like about the one you made after seeing Episode 17: that Gundam face in the back looks really stretched out.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Phoenix

Double 00 Gundam? It's probably because of the way I highlighted certain parts. The perspective is also not straight on.

Original Scan : http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/scans ... tem208900/

^___^
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Howdy, ma'am.

Strike Zero found this for us: LINK. Quite nice of him, right?

Haha, I guess there never was a right half to it, but it looks pretty damn good in this resolution. If you decide to make a wallpaper out of this, please be sure to show it off. =)

It looks like you've been staying out of trouble lately. Keep it up, hm? :wink:
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Phoenix

:shock: THANKS! I'll be sure to post it here once it's done. :o

And yeah... Haha... It's a good way of meeting mods though, heh. :roll:
young_oldtype

I've just seen your Zwei. The blurs and glows are great, but the red GN particles are camouflaging a bit with the background. Still I like the way you brushed in those particles--a little sparse, and the hues vary. Overall, this guy deserves that big spot in my desktop. :D
Theoden wrote:[/color]Spears shall be shaken, shields be splintered! A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

See bullcrap here.
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN:
Praxis
Phoenix

This latest wallpaper isn't Gundam related, but then again I didn't see any signs saying this forum only allowed Gundam related graphics...

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/16/prototypez.jpg

Not really a mecha, but I was going for something close. I designed it using stock C4D renders and accidentally constructed a shape that resembled a bird of some sort so after a few hours of tinkering and light brushing to create lines and highlights, I got my "mecha bird with chest cavity exposed." I then placed some random girl in it (Ugetsu Hakua scan) and set the sky on fire and BAM...

Comments appreciated.
ORegan

not really related to your current image, but I like your work. :) I actually used the Wing Zero code you made for myspace in January, which was when I logged in after 6 monthes of leaving it dead, only to find the images I had on it deleted for unknown reasons. Marry me? :D
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?