Chapter 13: Rude Awakening (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Cybaster

-Morpheus and Emily-

"Ooh, ooh, Morpheus!" Emily suddenly going o_o and pointing downwards, at the Sealions --- and more specifically, the Wing Gundam they carried to the surface --- immediately caught Morpheus' attention. At once, though, Morpheus could tell it was nothing bad; For one, Emily was sounding more excited, and there were only certain things that could make Emily do that... "Look down there!" As Morpheus wheeled the Strike Noir down from their hovering point and turned to look, he then saw it as well...and nodded.

Emily was blinking and flailing her arms at the sight of Rena, who didn't look like she held a Human racial template...darkvision and everything always helped. ^^;;; In fact, as Emily did so, as did the Unicorn Gundam, the white-painted MS pointing forward. "An elf! Elves exist in this setting, Morpheus! That is awesome! I wonder if she gets the darkvision and sleep immunity...wait, no, sleep immunity doesn't work here, so probably not..."

"Ahhhh. Yes, I've seen her around the base a few times." Morpheus simply answered, wheeling the Strike Noir back upwards. The product of two (what probably were) Lord of the Rings fans with an elf fetish and, even though D&D in general took some elements from Lord of the Rings...Morpheus decided that Emily didn't need to know that yet or how exactly Rena came to be. "She gets the racial bonuses, the Elven Martial Weapon Proficiencies if she really needs to fight hand-to-hand, and the Listen, Search and Spot bonuses and Enchantment resistance..."

Emily shook her head. "But no, no Sleep Immunity. Yeeeeeah, that won't work in this RPG."

Morpheus nodded and the two were silent for a moment. "So," Morpheus finally piped up when he realized Emily was rubbing her chin thoughtfully, turning left and right --- and that the Unicorn Gundam was following her movements as Emily felt lighthearted, also rubbing its chin thoughtfully. At the sight, Morpheus barely restrained the urge to laugh; Only the Full Psycoframe could allow Emily to move the Unicorn that way, and seemingly she had to do so unconsciously. "What're you thinking?"

At that, the Unicorn turned to the Strike Noir, gave it a thumbs-up, and boosted forward towards the Wing Gundam.

"Oh, I'm wondering who the Dwarf is in the DC. My bet's on Masamune."

That one caused Morpheus to chuckle, Masamune to sneeze for no apparent reason whatsoever, and the Strike Noir to follow suit as the Unicorn Gundam hovered above the water, reached down, and grabbed the Wing Gundam by the side; As Morpheus then grabbed the Wing Gundam on the opposite side, he nodded to Emily, and the Strike Noir and Unicorn Gundam promptly took to the sky in a burst of power, carrying the Wing Gundam between them, and took it --- and Rena, the RPG's apparent Elf --- with them back towards Aidoneus Island.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Kylern

-Hangar floor-

Before they attempted to move the body attempts were made to at least get some vitals. The cardiac machine showed a flat line and several attempts were made to jolt Kylern's heart to get him back into a relatively safe level again. "Three two one..." The body jolted and the machine beeped showing a slight response.

The machine then let out a long whine as the body flat-lined. Another attempt was made to bring him back but to no success. Kylern wasn't responding anymore to their attempts to revive him. But just as the medic stood up to pronounce him dead vitals returned as the line that ran down Kylern's face started to glow and branch off slightly before pulsing.

Goldsburg watched with fascination as his subject started to come back to life on his own. It wasn't a completely, open your eyes and speak, type of revival but for all accounts he was alive after being dead. The subject was breathing, even if slightly, and the heart was pumping. Of course Goldsburg's biggest concern was that dead area of brain matter and how much it had grown during this episode. Even if this guy was alive he didn't put odds on Kylern either waking up or being the same person as before. Nobody suffered that much damage to the old noodle and remained the same person. Most didn't even function anymore and odds were his friend might not wake back up.

"I want him move to critical care and strapped to the bed. I'll be up to run tests afterwords." The Doctor started but the medic who had seen all this looked at him confused.

"I could have sworn he died... Explain that Sir?" But instead of giving an answer Goldsburg just shook his head. He didn't know the answer but had a suspicion this otherworlder wasn't going to die as long as he had someone around to live off of. But that previous episode worried him on several levels. Odds are DC wouldn't trust Goldsburg to let Kylern back in a unit if he ever got to decent form. This had pretty much killed his experiment because now he was left with an almost brain dead subject that he couldn't build off anymore. At this point Goldsburg was ready to just shove him back in the dimensional transporter and send him somewhere else. They sure didn't have use for such a pilot.

The Medics started to lift the barely alive pilot of the AM and prepared to take him to the Critical wing.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
hellbore

-Jacob/Sara-

Already in High Mobility mode, Jacob twitched the Wuerger throuth the beam fire, boosting up to the closest and slashing at the fighter sized funnel with the Cold Metal sword, before repeating with the next.

Sara herself had to change modes. Flicking a few switches, she said aloud to herself,

"Falken, TBS mode."

The wings on the Falken, folded out to reveal a pair of blades that began glowing with green energy. Sara pressed the thruster to full.

"BOOST!"

The Falken took off, leaving a similar green trail to the Wuerger ahead of her. Mimicking the movements of the funnels as best she could, she fired two long beams at the funnels.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"F*&%! I hate it when I'm right; it's a F#%$ing Zombie."

Gai Had little trouble evading the beams which tipped him off about Orange girl's intentions. It seemed he had only one choice left and hoped the Huckebein was water-proofed. He did however manage to answer the Fandom Pilot's question before making his evasion.

"Mike's gone; he died just today; thanks to those bastards on that white ship and Wingnut's busy somewhere else."

the Alt allowed the Orange MA to charge in a ways before he dived into the sea letting the MA Pass over him. While the sea at that point wasn't particularly deep at that point it was deep enough that the PT and it's burden could avoid most beam fire by remaining below water.

Tallis Stenner

Tallis had less trouble avoiding the single shot from the MA and would have retaliated if not for the Fangs sudden appearance. It was lucky for her that the AB field was still active else the shot that landed on the left shoulder would have severed the arm clean off; as it was it left a nasty scar to add to the collection of of "wounds" the Weiss already possessed.

Tallis reacted as best she could to the exotic weapons the Head Gatlings and Triple Beam Cannon firing at them as she tried to evade the various beams and jabs. The confidence that had allowed her impressive charge was quickly vanishing and it was clear she would not last long against the fangs.

-Valhalla-

the ship wasn't about to sit quietly this time it directed it's Hadron Cannons at the Xeku Funf while firing another four missiles at the Orange MA's main body.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Omega

-Zaine-

He had come to a little while later, particularly after that MA started shooting at the group again.

"Damnit..." He quickly realized another machine was carrying him. To show he had come to, he pushed himself away from it.

"Mind telling me who you are?" He wanted to know who the guy was that was carrying him a moment ago.

-Luna-

Luna watched as the Akatsuki departed and the Excalibur came to a halt with Wake Island off in the distance and the battle between the DC and the Fandom MA raged on.
Nero

-Zero-

The vosgulov carrying Zero had dived to avoid getting caught in the surprise entrance of the Cattleya and resurfaced near where a Black KMF was.

"If you need a place to land, feel free to come aboard."

Was the message that played in the cockpit of the Zangetsu as a hangar door opened, inviting the group aboard.

-Rena-

She slowly came around as she was being carried by two mobile suits.

"Ngh... Where am I... what happened to... Kylern?" Blood slowly trickled down her forehead as she opened a com channel to the Strike Noir and asked her questions.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
The Big Zabowski

-Phyl-

"Mike's gone; he died just today; thanks to those bastards on that white ship and Wingnut's busy somewhere else."

Mike's gone; he died just today..

Died just today..

Died..

Gone..

"W-w-wha..?"

Phyllis had stopped cold in her attack on Tallis Stenner, the fangs pausing long enough to take glancing hits from the head cannons and tripple beam cannon. The resultant damage, needless to say, caused the fangs to be pulled form action..probably to be scrapped later on.

But the worst was yet to come as the Funf took another pair of hits from the Hadron cannons, armor bits flying off of the chest and torso revealing the inner workings of the suit before the Arm fangs reached in front of the suit and activated their GN Field barriers. The Funf, now smoking, was into autopilot mode as Phyl pulled out of the battle realizing that there was little more help that she could provide to Kayla. A hazy gray stream of smoke coming from the blown joints and servos in the chest and torso trailed behind as it moved off toward the other retreating Fandom MS.

Inside, a look of defeat was on her face, sullen facial features and a sunken look to her one visible eye. The autopilot controls asked for inputs and, absently, she input a course to tail that of the Icer remnants.

"No. You've robbed me, Michael. How could you rob me of that justice that has been keeping me going for so long.. HOW COULD YOU!~"

She began to beak down soon thereafter as she pressed her head into her hands and began to weep.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Strike Zero

- Kayla -

The one ally she had left in battle was retreating, seeming to have been thrown for a loop at the mention of Zabowski's death.

Kayla, too, felt resignation at this news. She had hoped to pay him back personally for ruining her plans back then. All that was left was to take what little satisfaction that could be found in the fact that he was now dead.

Gai had retreated underwater, no doubt intending to make his way back to the ship from that position. He would be dealt with soon enough--right now, she had one last opponent left to focus on.

The missiles launched by the Valhalla did little to impede the progress of the Cattleya. Kayla didn't even bother to shoot them down this time--merely allowed them to explode harmlessly against the mobile armor's Energy Field as she turned it around and closed in on the Weissritter.

The four cannons sounded, even more deadly beams blazed their way towards the white unit, accompanied by yet another simultaneous barrage of a dozen missiles.

The Wildwurger slashed, the Wildfalken fired, and the remote weapons reacted just in the nick of time. In the blink of an eye, the Heavy Funnels split apart into three, and four remote weapons became twelve. Sara's shots, aimed for funnels, passed by harmlessly through the space the weapon used to occupy. Jacob would find his slashes would also meet empty air.

The tiny Child Funnels moved even faster now due to their reduced mass and weight. Though armed with only one beam cannon each, Jacob and Sara would find the barrage just as deadly, if not more so, coming at them from all angles as the Funnels swarmed around the pair of personal troopers like a bunch of angry hornets, enveloping them in a veritable web of beam fire.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Cybaster

-Morpheus-

"You are being taken back to Aidoneus," Morpheus simply answered with an unnerving amount of calm. "As for the pilot in the Astelion, he is already there receiving whatever medical treatments he needs. Nonetheless, you're in no position or condition to worry about him over yourself at this moment."
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"good you're up, no time for introductions some Zombie Orange Girl is proving very persistent. I need you to get back to the Valhalla and make sure Tallis gets there too; I'll hold Orange girl off."

with that Gai ascended, free of his burden, the Alt moved a lot easier. It emerged from the water above the water behind the Cattaleya.

"Hey Orange Girl If you still wanna play; I'm right here."

Tallis Stenner

The fangs let up, which was a life saver, but this trying battle wasn't over yet. Tallis barely had time to ascend over the beams as they lanced through the air at her. and she couldn't fully avoid the charge which managed to take off her left leg and send the Black and Silver mech spinning out of control.

-west of the battle-

"I know he's gotta be near here somewhere."

"Just admit it you have NO clue where we are, Meow'

surprisingly the other in the cockpit didn't chime in. instead it was glaring at a point on the monitor very intently.

"Hey I know he's close and that's all that matters"

"Just admit it for once Masaki, Meow" the black one sighed

"No way!"

the green haired youth seemed intent on denial when the white one finally spoke.

"Hey I think there's a battle over there Meow"

Shiro's paw was raised pointing at the point dhe had been looking at earlier. there distant flashes of weapons fire could, upon close scrutiny be seen.

"That's it I'll bet he's there"

with out even a second though the White bird like mech dashed towards wake Island at High speed.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Omega

-Zaine-

"All right, but i'll be expecting an answer when this is over!" Zaine shouted as he proceeded to where Tallis was at high speed, while staying underwater to hide himself from any enemies. which then, He saw the silhouette of Tallis' Weissritter spinning out of control. "Hang on!!!" He quickly boosted ahead of her as he was rising toward the surface, and once so, he burst out of the water behind her bracing for an impact since she was still spinning.
Strike Zero

((Cattleya vs. Psybuster? Wow. The Valhalla better make like a tree and get outta here if it wants a prayer of surviving. :lol:))

At this, Kayla turned and arched an eyebrow. "Why does he keep calling me 'Orange'...?"

Was he referring to the Cattleya's color scheme? Such an odd choice of name... she couldn't see what the significance could possibly be...

The Cattleya made a tight u-turn in order to face the Alteisen.

"I'm glad, Gai," Kayla replied. "You've done well so far... but are you ready for this?"

The binders on the Cattleya's body suddenly folded closed, returning the mobile armor to its cruise mode. Then, something unusual happened. The machine began to glow a pale red.

:: Breaker field, charge commencing.

The Cattleya rocketed forward, with much greater acceleration than it had before. Its nose was perfectly lined up with the comparably tiny Alteisen.

:: Breaker field, charge complete. Initializing.

All at once, the Cattleya seemed to become enveloped in a field of orange fire. This was the Breaker field--a field of powerful energy generated by diverting all available power that wasn't used for flying, resulting in a barrier that was perfect for absolute defense... and offense.

Eventually, the Cattleya would accelerate towards Mach 1. The charge couldn't be sustained for long, but while it was....

"DIE!" Kayla roared as she and the burning mobile armor bore down on the Gai's black and gold machine.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis had been working to take control again and had had some success, This, however, did not prevent a very forceful collision of the two mechs.

"Oww..."

Sume Gai
(you severely underestimate the Valhalla's ungodly defense)

The Alt free of it's previous burden could now show off it's surprising agility. The powerful thrusters on it's back lifted it upwards and over the charging MA, the Orange energy field passing close, but harmlessly, below. Gai turned and fired his Auto-Cannon after the MA hoping it would have to drop the Break Field to make a tight turn.

"You may be fast but the Alt is more agile than people give it credit for."

that may have been true but as it was Gai had a major problem his fuel was already half gone. and he could only keep evading as long as it held out.

Masaki Adoh

"So which one should we help? meow"

now closer they could make out two dueling machines. playing a high stakes game of cat and mouse. The smaller Black and Gold machine on the defensive against the larger orange one. Which had just charged him.

"I don't like the Big one; lets get it"

It wasn't a suggestion or question as the Cybuster rushed towards the pair firing Caloric missiles at the larger one and drawing the Akashic Sword.

Strike Zero

((Gai, is there any chance you could have them say "Nyaa" instead of "Meow"? Meow just... doesn't sound right...))

- Kayla -

Contrary to Gai's assumption, she did not, in fact, have to drop the Breaker Field to make the turn. The turn simply ended up being much wider than usual due to the Cattleya's immense speed. The mobile armor completed its turn just as it reached the Mach 1 barrier, and was about to smash the Alteisen into oblivion when something struck it at its side.

Kayla whipped her head round. "What?"

The resulting slight change of her angle was just enough to cause her to miss her target by a scant few feet. It was then that the Breaker Field lost power and the Cattleya reverted back to its normal color, after which Kayla finally had an opportunity to asses the new target that had just hit her.

:: Analyzing target. Analysis complete. Registered as Divine Crusader unit AGX-05 Cybuster.

Kayla's eyes narrowed. The Cybuster...?

The Cattleya's four binders opened again and her cannons charged. "Don't get in my way!" She roared as the Cybuster raced in, bearing its sword. The cannons fired, and four pairs of hot beams streaked their way towards the silver unit.
Wingnut

((AGX-05 only applies for the Alpha and OG time lines where it was mistaken for an Aerogater machine and thus has no meaning here.))

- Masaki -

Alarms of both the mechanical and feline variety sounded in the Cybuster's cockpit at the high amount of incoming firepower turned on the machine.

As such Masaki had to quickly break off his initial attack and regroup.

"Tch. This thing's not messing around."

"Masaki, the DC forces are badly beaten." said Shiro.

"Then I'll need to finish this quickly if I'm going to ask them anything." Masaki replied as he manipulated the controls to make the Cybuster stab the "ground" in front of it, creating a pentagram out of thin air.
From this came a orange bird that looked to be made of fire that started heading for the Cattleya. Masaki transformed into Cybird mode and began chasing the firebird that he had summoned.
Quickly catching up to it, the two merged and the firebird turned blue as it now encased the Cybuster.

"Akashic Buster!" cried Masaki as the elemental lord made to collide head on with the orange mobile armor.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Strike Zero

Kayla gritted her teeth and glared at the silver machine. Apparently, there was more to this one than she had originally surmised.

"Breaker field!" She shouted in response to Masaki's own attack call. The binders closed and the Breaker field surrounded the Cattleya with fire once again as it accelerated to match the Cybuster's speed.

She had no idea whether her Breaker Field would have the power to match Masaki's Akashic Buster. She was betting that her size would allow the Cattleya to pull through.

As Masaki closed, Kayla didn't falter. She instead rammed the Cattleya into the Cybuster full-force. The two energy fields collided and created a tremendous flash of thunder and lightning between the two machines. There was no yielding from the Cattleya's engines as Kayla pushed to overpower the Cybuster. Would Masaki fare just as well...?
Wingnut

- Masaki -

As it turns out, he would. While the Cattleya's breaker field could be described as a large object that did damage by the force of the impact, the Cybuster was more of a armor piercing bullet by comparison.
((I'm speaking metaphorically here for comparison, not necessarily in a literal fashion.))

It was only a couple moments before the breaker field seemed to shatter under the force of Masaki's attack. Fortunately for Kayla, the field did alter the trajectory of the attack when the field failed, causing the Cybuster to miss the central core, but crashed through the lower part of the mobile armor, taking the lower binder completely off and destroying the turret underneath as it went and continued onward and back upward as Masaki regained control of his attack through the engine block.

By the time the Cybuster had reached the other end of the Cattleya, the firebird had faded away seemingly back into the air that it spring from as the machine returned to its humanoid form and seemed to pose as various parts of the now plummeting orange mobile armor exploded behind it.

- Red Eagle -

Charles was in a state of shock and awe at the display of the Cybuster's power.
One shot. He took down her mobile armor in just one shot! That machine is beyond anything I've ever seen developed. The desire to capture that machine ran through Major Gorden, though given the current state of his forces, an attempt to do so now would fail as he knew that the Cybuster still had that one move yet to use in this battle that could clear away a large number of mechs at once.

Another day perhaps. thought Charles as his Tallgeese landed on what was left of Wake Island near one of the transport ships that brought machines to the island from Hawaii.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
hellbore

-Jacob/Sara-

Forced onto the defensive the PT duo pushed their machines to the limit to dodge the fire from the beams. Still, several areas on both machines were hit, but none caused any major damage.

Suddenly the attack eased, and the pilots saw the massive energy output by the Cybuster and Cattleya, saw the massive orage mobile armour nosedive toward the sea below.

The child funnels lost their functions and began falling as well. Jacob, understanding that it was over for now sent a message to Sara.

"Sara, we're done, we're returning to the Valhalla."

Sara, the adrenaline leaving her, sent back between gasps of air, "Understood."

Both red and blue machines turned and flew back toward their flying submarine.

-Juuso-

On the bridge of one of the transport ships, Juuso was sitting in the chair to the right of the captain, having landed some time ago.

One of the operators in front of them spoke up, "Sir, we have confirmed the retrieval of Major Gordon and the Tallgeese."

"Very well," replied the captain. he turned to Juuso and asked, "Commander, I take it we are returning to Hawaii?"

"Of course, Captain, we need some time to reassess our position now that we no longer have access to Wake Island."

Juuso sat back as the the captain organised the two ships return to the Pacific base. The arrival of the orange MA and the intervention of the Cybuster disturbed him. Is this Sterling's doing, he thought, or another. His thoughts turned to the Dark Star Knights, their shadow private affairs had never sat well with his superiors, and that attitude was well ingrained within the Giganos faction. What are they scheming now.
SNT1

--Taylor--

She arrives near the aftermath of the battle, clear of the foes on both sides, "Don't worry about them, I'll take them home," she interrupts the unknown ship, talking about resupplying the Airmasters and the Ex-S.

She then contacts them for the first time. "Impressive, Major Anne. Not so much about the strategy, but I'm surprised most of your squad comes home in one piece."

--Slug and Rachel--

A Federation unit approaches them and talks on the radio. Rachel, on the inside, knew she would have failed her first sortie as the leader if it weren't for many, many factors that more than likely helped them. Still, there's a compliment.

"Heh," was all she could say, "...Identify yourself?" Rachel asks, although not the kneejerk point-a-gun style like she'd done a couple of times before.

"Major Reese."

"Whoa," Slug interrupts as he is the first to see the chromed unit.

"Whoa, indeed," Rachel returns.

"Let's RTB to Taipei. I've directed the Air Wing divisions there," Taylor says, "I'm here to lend my unit for duty."

"...Thanks," Rachel says, following Taylor's lead as they all headed for the island.

"Also, once clear, we will be re-taking that Isle as our own. A little cleanup with the runway and some dirt here and there and it should be beneficial."

Hmm, this one's sounding smart,
Rachel thinks, looks like a powerful ally we could use...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
The Big Zabowski

-AGT Transport-

Phyl looked a mess, to say the least. Her helmet was on the deck of the hangar as she sat cross-legged in front of the still smoking Xeku Funf. It's GN[T] drive had already been removed and placed into storage for cooldown and recharge preparations as the facilities on the transport couldn't facilitate another drive at the moment.

As she looked up at the Funf, a twitching left eye denoted her still seething rage that was being bound up inside of her head.

"That ship.. They will now take the burden of my vengeance. Mark my words on this deck on this day. I will kill them all if it's the last thing I do."

-Ptolemy-

"Ma'am. It looks like a Federal squadron has linked up with the remnants of the other Federals. I'm counting over 30 units now."

Heading scratched her chin as she sat on the bridge couch. Enlight popped up on the bridge as if on cue as Heading was just about to ask about her. The MS team commander plopped down on the couch and extended her arms across the back.

As she looked over to speak to Heading, she was met with the barrel of the gun that had killed Michael hours before. Heading's voice was stern and venomous.

"Get. The f**k. Off of. MY~ Couch; Enlight."

Enlight simply giggled and attempted to push the gun away, the weapon not being cocked at the moment.

"Oh come now Heady..can't you just let your MS commander take a seat after she saved your sorr-"

The gun cocked, Heading's finger slipping from the safe position to under the trigger guard and over the trigger itself.

"Do I look like I'm kidding, Human? Get off my couch before I ventilate your head."

Enlight's face formed a stern glare as she stood and looked over to Solas who too looked more passive to the situation more than anything, his concentration more on the flight of Federal mecha ahead of them as the ship finally moved into formation with them. Enlight then simply huffed and lept backward off the chair and landed gracefully in a crouching position. She didn't even bother saluting as she stormed off the bridge in a huff.

Heading, meanwhile turned to watch as the many suits in the AAGT made their way off to the island base of Major Taylor Reese. Nodding to her Tactical officer, she opened a channel to Major Reese.

"With all due respect, We'd like to tag along with you. I'd also like to formally introduce myself and my crew to your superiors once we get to Taipei as well."

This would probably come as a shock if the RTB order was an encrypted communication. They'd also notice that the encoding on the comm frequency used by the Ptolemy was almost Federal in nature..but much more complex.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)