Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Well, the countdown website for the new Dragon Ball game revealed that it is, indeed, Xenoverse 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoZLruXs1WQ

The trailer and the teaser site showed that the game will include a lot of content left out of the first game (like the early part of the Namek Saga) as well as movies and TV specials. The game's scope will be going even bigger, since the teaser site had posters for the original Dragon Ball and Super. Plus, since it's only on current-gen consoles (PS4, XB1, PC) one can assume they'll be able to go bigger overall than in the first game.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Mu La Flaga

Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

Well I hope also we get alot of character customisation improvements.
And at least I have a PS4 for Xenoverse 2 ahead of time, this time lol.
Outlaw

I'm wondering if it will be a sequel to the first one, or if they're going to rehash the plot but with more breadth. Either way would be fine with me.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
AmuroNT1

Well, it's worth noting that the areas shown in the trailer include a monument/memorial to the "default" Time Patroller, so it'll definitely be set after the events of the first game even if it's not a direct sequel.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Outlaw

Huh, good point. I had just assumed it was a vanity feature.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
AmuroNT1

So there's been a lot of news since the last time anyone posted here...

-The game is set two years after the events of Xenoverse 1 and is about the Time Breakers trying to alter Dragon Ball history again, this time by bringing in threats from alternate universes...namely, the movies (which were declared AUs in one of the sourcebooks).
-The movies confirmed so far are Tree of Might, Lord Slug, Cooler's Revenge, Fusion Reborn, and Wrath of the Dragon. Dragon Ball Super will have to be added later as DLC, because development on the game started while Super was in production.
-In addition to Future Trunks and the Kai of Time, the Elder Kai and the XV1 Time Patroller will be helping you out. The XV1 Patroller has become a legendary figure thanks to his actions in stopping Towa and Demigra.
-The game will feature the same five races (Human, Saiyan, Namekian, Freeza Race, Majin), but they'll have improved customization features and each race will get its own transformations, including Freeza Race being able to use Golden form and Majins being able to assume Pure Form (like Kid Buu). Saiyans will be able to reach up to SSJ3, and you can actually transform multiple times in a single battle (or even undo your transformation).
-2 Player battles will not use split-screen, instead using a wide angle camera that catches all the action.
-The game will take place in a new hub called Conton City, which is seven times larger than Tokitoki City. Players will eventually gain the ability to fast-travel via flight, but at the start of the game you'll be limited due to story progression. There will also be vehicles such as hoverboards, the Flying Nimbus, Tao Pai Pai's log, and more.
-Responding to fan critiques of the previous game, the Random Number God will be gentler this time around and there'll be a training school.
-There will be an open beta, but the details aren't known at this time.

Outlaw

I am sad that I won't be able to carry over my character, since I got XV1 for 360 and I'm rockin' the PS4 now. Curse my fickle loyalties.
AmuroNT1

That does suck, but I guess there's no way around it.

Anyway, some news out of the 2016 Japan Expo in Paris.

-The main plot of the game is about restoring the DB timeline to its proper order, but there will be post-game content where you get to change history.
-Giant characters like Oozaru aren't playable right now, but if there's enough fan demand they may change their minds.
-There's a new ability called "Awaken Power" that seems to be the catch-all for transformations like Super Saiyan, Golden Freeza, etc.
-Super Saiyan God and SSGSS aren't currently planned to be available to players because it would unbalance the game in favor of Saiyans. They might add it if they can find a way to keep things balanced with the other races.
-At the moment, stage destructability is limited to rocks/terrain.
-As mentioned before, Conton City is 7 times bigger than Tokitoki City, you can interact with DB characters and travel to other areas like Freeza's spaceship and Namek. The intent is that the hub city not be boring.
-There will be a lot of new characters, but not a lot of new stages.
-The game's focus isn't just the movies, and at the moment they don't have plans to do altered versions of the movies' plots (just the villains interrupting the canon plotlines). This is another thing that might change with player input.
-Bandai Namco wants the game to have lots of longevity, so they're listening to player input and will make adjustments and additions to the game even after release. I'm seeing unsubstantiated claims that there'll be a full year of DLC for this one.
-Dragon Ball won't be part of the story.
-Super wasn't originally going to be included (the game started development while Super was in production), but due to fan requests, they'll be adding content up through the Future Trunks Saga as DLC.
-Players can import one of their Xenoverse 1 characters into the game; along with their physical appearance, some of their moves and clothes will be transferred. Depending on how far in XV1 players made it, they'll be awarded in-game cash so they can re-purchase costumes and moves and get back up to speed more quickly.
-Akira Toriyama is acting as a supervisor to the game, looking over the dev team's ideas and giving them the nod. He's given his approval to the new Time Patrol logo, character designs like the Time Kai, and more.
-All characters and costumes from XV1 (including DLC) will be available in XV2 from the start.
-GT's story won't be part of the main game, but it'll be DLC.
-Orange Star High School (Gohan and Videl's school) will be where you train under masters.
-XV2 is coming out a year and a half after XV1; they promise XV3 will have a longer development cycle.

Mu La Flaga

I wonder if transfering a character works for PS3 to PS4?
If Yes that's niffty, if it's PS4 version of Xenoverse 1, then well I'm out of luck there, I would probably be better trying to slowly recreate my characters slowly but surely.
AmuroNT1

Figured I should share this here: We have some details about the character data transfer. You have to upload your character, which will preserve the outfit they're wearing and the skills they are equipped with (4 specials, 2 Ults, 1 Evade) at the time you upload them. If you were already playing the game on a current-gen system there's no need to upload. However, as we thought, the game expects you to create an entirely different character since your transferred character will become the "historic" Time Patroller.

However, there's a list of skills that CAN'T be transferred over; if you have them equipped on your character, you'll be given Zeni or TP Medals instead.
-Transformations, including all forms of Kaioken, Super Saiyan, and Unlock Potential.
-Bardock's unique moves (Riot Javelin, Rebellion Spear, Tyrant Lancer)
-Whis' unique moves (Strike of Revelation, Prelude to Destruction, Symphonic Destruction)
They don't specifically say so, but I'm willing to bet this refers to the final game rather than the open beta since it doesn't make much sense for a rookie Patroller to have transformations. As for Bardock's moves, they're probably being reworked due to his role as the Masked Saiyan; Whis', well, maybe they're just giving him new moves entirely or rebalancing them due to how powerful they were in XV1.