From software

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
CJack90

From software

Does anybody have experience with gaming business if you could answer this question for me what will it take for some other game company to buy the gundam franchise away from one of the worst gaming companies I have ever seen which is bamco why is it so hard to get a gundam game in the west what is so hard about just making it a digital download on the ps4 im angry at bamco they act like there aren't any gundam fans in the west one more thing why don't from software make all the gundam games I know their focused on dark souls but the gundam unicorn is in my opinion one of the best gundam games I ever played ps3 era generation it has so much potential to build apon imagine that I'm tired of bamco and excuses..
battletech

Re: From software

Bandai Namco Holdings is the parent company of Sunrise Inc. and Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc. therefore the owners of Gundam. I don't see them giving up one of their properties to a third party.
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
AmuroNT1

...Yeah, Gundam is one of the most successful franchises in Japanese history. From Software doesn't have enough money to buy it away from Sunrise and still stay in business. Even if they did, Sunrise wouldn't be willing to sell it. And even if they DID sell it, From is nothing but a game maker; they wouldn't be able to make any of the anime, and that would pretty much destroy the franchise.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
CJack90

From software is part of bamco too im talking about I wish they just make all gundam games I was just saying is there any possible way any game company could just make the games and sunrise keeps the anime
battletech

CJack90 wrote:From software is part of bamco too im talking about I wish they just make all gundam games I was just saying is there any possible way any game company could just make the games and sunrise keeps the anime
No it's not. From Software's parent company is Kadokawa Dwango. A competitor to Bandai Namco Holdings. Yes but the possibility of it happening are almost at zero percent. Don't hold your breath.
"The souls of Man are weighed down by gravity." - Char Aznable
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.-Clarke
ORegan

As much as I'd love to see Namdai(or whatever they changed their name to in the last 4 minutes) do something good with the Gundam franchise(video game related) and bring it stateside, I somewhat doubt they ever will. The last good Gundam games I've played were PS2 era, and even then there were some craptastic games amongst them(SEED Never Ending Tomorrow. How dare you demand I grind just to level up support characters.)

You also have to consider that From right now is using that money machine of Dark Souls/Bloodborne torture difficulty games to rake in some cash before venturing out into other game franchises once again. Right now, all of their top development teams are working on what will turn a profit internationally before working on an Armored Core 6 or any of the other properties that have taken a back seat at the moment. But keep in mind it's only been three years since AC5.

But, if Bandai were to pull a Disney-owned-Star Wars and allow From Software free reign to make whatever they wanted and release it internationally, I'd be a happy camper. It would finally allow me the means to challenge Chris to 1v1 me for ownership of the forum(don't care about the main site) so I can fulfill my plan to turn this place into O'Reganland. First order of business would be to splice all of your DNA starfish. Don't ask why.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
CJack90

Whatever floats your boat brother i support you im just frustrated we can't get a gundam game stateside a good one at that ps2 era was golden hell I will take a federation vs zeon(just input gundam vs zeta into fed vs zeon),journey to jaburo,zeonic front(not that sagas remake) encounters in space hd remake any day those gundam games were solid I just want a gundam game with unicorn /encounters in space and fed vs zeon space combat and fed vs zeon,ms sagas,0081 ground combat but keep fed vs zeon melee,evade,boost system only thing I want from crossfire is when your suit get damage display that is all
AmuroNT1

CJack90 wrote:ps2 era was golden hell I will take a federation vs zeon(just input gundam vs zeta into fed vs zeon),journey to jaburo,zeonic front(not that sagas remake) encounters in space hd remake any day those gundam games were solid
...Please tell me you're joking. The Gundam games of the PS2 era aren't nearly as nice as your rose-tinted nostalgia-vision is telling you. Journey to Jaburo was garbage (what with being a launch title) and Encounters in Space wasn't much better. Zeonic Front was produced under contract with a different company so they'd have to work out a new contract to do an HD remake. And there IS an HD version of Federation vs. Zeon - it's called Gundam Extreme Vs.
CJack90 wrote:I just want a gundam game with unicorn /encounters in space and fed vs zeon space combat and fed vs zeon,ms sagas,0081 ground combat but keep fed vs zeon melee,evade,boost system only thing I want from crossfire is when your suit get damage display that is all
So basically, you want Bandai to hire you and make your dream Gundam game. That's what this all really boils down to.

If you want quality Gundam games, you will HAVE to import; there simply isn't a market for them over here in the States. And no, the niche pockets of Gundam fans like us don't count as a market, because we don't buy the games in enough quantity to justify the costs of localization.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Xenosynth

Basically what Amuro said.

Personally the only REALLY good games in the PS2 set to me, are Zeonic Front, SD Gundam G Gen Seed/Spirits, Gihren's Greed: War for Zeonic Independence, The One Year War: Project Pegasus.

Everything else (Journey to Jaburo, Climax UC, Federation vs Zeon, Gundam vs Zeta, Lost War Chronicles, Encounters in Space, Battle Assault 3, Neverending Tomorrow, Gundam 00) are all pretty meh or outright bad. Even Renpou vs Zaft II feels really dated compared to the later ExVs games and so it is not easy to play.

Though there were a few good non-PS2 games that era: The Ace Pilot for the Gamecube, and Rise from the Ashes for the Dreamcast. Battle Universe, Age, and Next Plus for the PSP if you count those as well.

The PS3 does have a far better record than the PS2 did:
Breaker 1 and 2/0081/Unicorn/ExVs/ExVsFB are all games I would consider good because I know even non-Gundam fans that enjoy them.
Missing Link is solidly just... average. Not good, not really bad though.
Target in Sight/Crossfire is awful. As in I regret paying 99 cents for it with free shipping. But that is still a minority bad vs a majority good.
Henyo

better late than never. anime based games will always be hit or miss. there's also the fact that the game makers for these are mostly Japanese companies. their target first and foremost are Japanese gamers. unless it's a BIG fighting game. which, AFAIK, get feedback from gamers outside of japan.(latest example of this is the Street Fighter V beta.)

i liked Federation vs ZAFT II for the PS2. also Battle assault 3. SEED only and a only couple of suits from AW and FC is a bit of a turn off though.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Mu La Flaga

I wouldn't go as far to call Rengou vs ZAFT 2 Plus dated Xenosynth, I mean yeah it's an older game.
But comparing those to the UC games there is a HUGE difference, we all know this.
Lots of ideas and mechanics started from those itterations.

The UC games nope.

As for From Software, it's a shame they're not, it would be nice if they could do something of a collaborative effort with Namco-Bandai someday.
AmuroNT1

That's what the A.C.E. series was - basically take Zone of the Enders gameplay and apply it to famous Real Robots. I've been meaning to livestream it some time, but it'll have to wait.

J-Lead

I just want a spiritual successor to Rise from the Ashes with more than 9 missions... that would be nice.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."