Final Fantasy VII PS4

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Lord Dearche

Final Fantasy VII PS4

Was confirmed tonight at E3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg

And shortly after the announcement, the SquEnix stocks Skyrockted.

http://i.imgur.com/fUNo08d.jpg

Yes, this really happened.
J-Lead

Re: Final Fantasy VII PS4

Seeing as it's probably what's going to happen, I can take Nomura throwing in his Advent Children fight choreography into the remake since it was at least fun to watch, but I'm a little paranoid about Nojima trying to work plot points and characters from Crisis Core into FF7R...

God, that game was a mess, and I kind of hope they can just pretend it didn't happen...

Maybe Cissnei would be okay. I liked her. She didn't try to barge her way into scenes where she didn't belong and she was generally likable. Everything else can piss right off.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Kratos

They've said that they're not planning on introducing any new characters. They could be excluding Compilation characters from their definition of "new", I guess, but assuming the comment can be taken at face value, I'd imagine the various sequels and prequels and tie-ins will get easter eggs sprinkled throughout.

I'd say the only guaranteed Compilation insert will be for Advent Children. The ending is practically guaranteed to lose its former ambiguity in favor of teases for it.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
BrentD15

Considering how much they ZOINKed up Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, and XIII-3: Lightning Returns, I'm hesitant to get aboard this hype train.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
J-Lead

BrentD15 wrote:Considering how much they ZOINKed up Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, and XIII-3: Lightning Returns, I'm hesitant to get aboard this hype train.
That was Toriyama's game, not Nomura's.

Toriyama's really best suited to background work rather than a directorial position. That's one of the reasons XIII was such a grueling borefest.
SNT1

The hype is real! :mrgreen: The only problem is that will it be released before the apocalypse arrives? :roll:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/07/ ... art-series

I wouldn't knee-jerk on this article and spew "SE is greedy" rhetoric, especially if it means getting the first parts earlier rather than waiting for post-apocalyptic times to see the game.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
zetatype

SNT1 wrote:The hype is real! :mrgreen: The only problem is that will it be released before the apocalypse arrives? :roll:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/07/ ... art-series

I wouldn't knee-jerk on this article and spew "SE is greedy" rhetoric, especially if it means getting the first parts earlier rather than waiting for post-apocalyptic times to see the game.
Just as long as they don't expect us to pay $50-$60 dollars for each part.
J-Lead

On one hand, it means we're not getting an abridged version of FFVII's events; we're getting the entire thing. No cut content, lots of extra content, important story arcs play out to their full narrative potential, potential new story arcs and narrative curveballs, etc.

On the other hand, it means we're going to likely be paying a lot more in the long run, and we won't be able to binge...

Honestly, I'm on the fence, but mostly okay with this for the time being. FFVII is the one game where they can ravage my wallet to their heart's content on the condition that they put out a proper, full remake rather than a condensed version. Besides, after MGSV, I can't take another heartbreak...

I just hope the localization team has gone through some changes. If I hear one damn shilly shally, I swear to god...
J-Lead

Sorry for the double post, but here's some new details;
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/12/21/413208/
-The game will have full voice overs, so characters that weren’t in Advent Children will need new voice actors. They haven’t been decided yet.
-The date event will be fully voiced, but due to changes in the social situation certain scenes have to be implemented carefully, like the Honey Bee Inn.
-Info on the overworld cannot be provided yet, but it won’t be an open world or sandbox game. Nomura-san is more interested in showing how characters affect the environment.
-Minigames that have left an impression with the fans will be included. The inclusion of the smaller ones will require consideration, as they all need to be developed with the latest tech.
-The game’s development is in the initial stages, they started developing the battle system.
No information can be shared on whether the game will be out by 2017, but more information on that might come after the release of World of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts II.8 HD in 2016.
but due to changes in the social situation certain scenes have to be implemented carefully, like the Honey Bee Inn.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!