Hyper Dimension Neptune

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Lord Dearche

Hyper Dimension Neptune

Not sure if there are any other fans out and about but, they just announced 2 new games for Vita at tonights CH special event.

A new spin off title starring the Nintendo based goddess, White Heart. (For the Vita, HAH!), and Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls Zombie something or other.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkn-utKR4Zs

Also the Opening came out last week for the PS4 title Neptune V-II (Victory Second)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijVv4iN-CGY

PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnzjRIDmpXQ
Omega

Re: Hyper Dimension Neptune

The games are interesting. Sure, they're fanservice central, but it wouldn't be a Compile Heart game otherwise.
Lord Dearche

So the new game, Nep V-II came out this week. And there's some major controversy. One of the boss battle BGMs is literally identical to Ky Kiske's theme from Guilty Gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99eCMed0fVM
Lord Dearche

Played it last night for a few hours till switching over to Castlemania and then Salty racing.

Loving it. Since the start when it was first revealed I was afraid that it was going to be like the last 10 or so games and spin offs where it literally just copy pastes everything into the next game, but I was wrong.

IF/CH actually went all out. The maps, backgrounds CGs, character models, world maps, monsters, dungeon designs are all either brand new and redesign. And the soundtrack, good lord, the soundtrack is amazing. While it still uses a few of the older iconic tracks, the games main score is entirely new and makes me regret I didn't get the $130 version that came with the music collection. I've actually spent more time just listening to music in the gallery last night night then really playing.

Overall if I were to make a comparison, the PS3 and Vita games would be Rockman X on the SNES, while Neptune V-II for PS4, jumps way up ahead to Rockman X8 in terms of production quality and visuals.

As to the above issue with them plagiarizing the Guilty Gear song, it's not so much plagirism as much as on purpose. The Nep series has been parodying and making fun of the game and anime industry for years. They're basically the game version of Gintama, so they know exactly what would get them sued and this would have.

After the news hit about the similarities came out, Yamanaka, a director from ArkSys tweeted ""If this is true then we can't ignore this", because it's a major issue.

However, shortly after in response Idea Factory's official twitter posted the tweet that "What happens next? Stay tuned!. And then shorty after that, Yamanaka quickly deleted his tweet.

My Called it Senses were tingling before, but now it's even more obvious the music was done that way to mimic Ky's theme on purpose and they're going to have some sort of Neptune/Idea Factory x Arc System Works/Guilty Gear Xrd collaboration. However more than likely Yamanaka had no clue about it until someone quickly told him and he deleted his tweet ASAP.

And there's now tons of rumors flying around 2ch. Nep in Xrd, or they're having Arc Sys make a legit Nep fighting game. Which they have more then enough characters with unique battle styles to make one. And the franchise has pretty much jumped out into several diferent genres already. JRPG, Visual novel, Idol game, Musou game by the Senran Kagura devs, Strategy RPG, and now whatever the 2 new spin off games will be.
Gelgoog Jager

For those interested in Neptunia VII, you can download the Japanese PS4 demo for free using a Japanese PSN account.