Gundam Breaker 3: Updates and Discussion

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Outlaw

Re: Gundam Breaker 2: Updates and Discussion

Website updated today. Looks like it's about leveling up parts.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
AmuroNT1

The new update is details on the revised scratch-building system, where you use material parts like High-Quality Plastic to modify existing parts into new forms.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

Yeah, it's just the same info from the Famitsu link from before, only now they have it on actual site, for info, check the post on the new scratch system, on the previous page.
Outlaw

Darn, I was hoping for some new info. I really want them to include some way to make mixed scale builds viable, and thought the new upgrade system might make it possible.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Xenosynth

Well, the leveling DOES significantly increase the power of parts (look at the difference with the denan zon head going from 1 > 2, and 2 > 3, so depending on the level limit, HG parts might actually be viable late game parts.
InjuredPelican

I hope they go with my wish for leveling... where more OP suits (super gundams like Wing Zero, Freedom, etc) start out strong but have fewer levels to rise, while grunts start out weaker but have more levels to gain, so by the end they can compete with the big guys. It would be cool to see a Zaku hanging with Turn A and not falling behind at all. Who knows if that'll happen at all though.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Xenosynth

12月17日発売予定のBACK-ONニューシングル『セルリアン / Silent Trigger』にはゲーム内で使用可能な「HGグフ」と「HGグフカスタム」のコードが封入!
From twitter.

Confirms normal Gouf will also be in. Mentions about Early-unlock codes for both HG Gouf and Gouf Custom.
AmuroNT1

The Gouf unlock codes come with the twin single for Back-On's songs Cerulian (BF Try's opening theme) and Silent Trigger (Breaker 2's theme), which hits December 17th.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Xenosynth

Well, they've gone through almost all the characters. 2 more and we can hope the updates are going to actually be MS related ones then >.>

UNTIL then, there were a few interesting things I noticed while looking through the site:
Uh... this thing is dual wielding atomic bazookas.

They also stealthily changed image of a few more MS. The original rounds of corrections were fixing the Heavyarms EW arms, making the Astray Red Frame lose the Kai parts, making the 00 Gundam lose the 7 swords parts in its images, adding an image to Unicorn, and fixing the box art for Gundam X (They gave it the divider box-art).

These images were changed sometime past the 23rd, since that's when I updated my images (I like keeping the old ones just as proof they existed and so on.)

Perfect Strike:
The original image, which had the Launcher Strike arms incorrectly on, now is fixed in this image.

Original Wing Zero EW image vscorrected image. They accidentally had the Wing Gundam head on it.

Old The-O image, which is wielding the wrong saber. Corrected image.

This next one confuses me a bit: Original Exia image, which has white on the shoulders, vs current Exia, with proper all blue shoulders. Just was a kind of random one.

GP02 had a really minor change, they added Physalis to the image. (Original vs current)

All of these are pretty small changes, just some Trivia for the people following the thread, since it's been a bit slow news-wise.
AmuroNT1

It strikes me as kinda weird that they'd have to almost continually "fix" the official site due to little things like using the wrong parts for a Gunpla in screencaps. Part of me wonders if they're not doing it on purpose to tease certain things, like the old pic of Heavyarms with Altron's arms being a sneaky way to confirm that Altron EW is in the game. Because really, the only other alternative is, whomever's running the GB2 website is utterly incompetent.

Also, the idea has indeed been floated to take up a Paypal fund or something similar in order to buy Soul Bro a copy of this game. Since I'm the one who proposed it it seems like the duty falls to me, tho to be honest I'm not totally sure how to go about it since I've never done anything like this before.

Xenosynth

I have to wonder if they are playtesting the game maybe WHILE simultaneously taking these images? That could end up accidentally resulting in some weirdness if they were testing parts. For instance, with Exia, the guy could have had a custom paint job, then they started doing pictures for the site, and because the arms were still in Exia-esque colors, they didn't realize he had customized them and only later did someone notice when looking at the site. All the mixups (Besides the Heavyarms/Altron arms one) have actually been fairly reasonable ones, if someone was only a casual Gundam fan, like the person running the site might be (Things like mixing up the Wing Gundam heads because they were rushing to get a pic for the site, or accidentally putting the Red Frame Kai parts on Red Frame's image, or so on.)

Either way though, sloppy or rushed is pretty much the only excuse I can think of. The Exia one still weirds me out most since all of them have had default paint jobs.
Xenosynth

Sorry about the double post, but apparently there is a supposed leak somewhere of the Blitz/Duel. If anyone could link me to it I'd appreciate it (Didn't see it at Gamefaqs). If it's just those 2 and not buster, that actually would correlate to the decals we saw in game, and then mean that my possible MS due to decal list would have a bit more credibility to it, which would be awesome.
AmuroNT1

I heard about that leak too, along with the fact that Blitz's parts will allow the use of Mirage Colloid.

Xenosynth

Yeah. This game is REALLY amping up the options/ex-acts. Wing Zero alone has Zero System, Self Destruct, and Rolling Buster Rifle added, so suits with special systems seem to get them. I hope that means more things like EXAM system and the sensor jammer.
Outlaw

I've heard it sourced to Siliconera, who cite Game Johou. I ran that through google and it seems they're citing some magazine, translate spat out "furage" which I googled. Turns out it means something that arrived ahead of schedule.
Xenosynth

Huh.

So, it appears they removed the ability to get weapons and shields from drops. Instead they are CRAFTED!

Certain weapons now are charged by simply holding the attack button, if I am reading this translation right. Not only that but now it appears they have new special attacks? Bazookas look to have been pretty majorly updated too. I think all weapons in general are probably a lot more individualized going off the text.

Blitz confirmed. Mirage Colloid.
Duel Gundam + Bazooka!
AmuroNT1

You have to craft weapons and shields? I dunno if I'm too hot on that idea, but far be it from me to criticize an idea without giving it a shot.

As for the SBR fund, I suppose we'll simply have to make donations to Shinjuku Station's Paypal and add a little note saying that it's specifically intended for GB2.

Xenosynth

I don't mind it. Mainly because:

>370 hours in Breaker 1.
>No MG Beam Scissor/Twin Buster Rifle/Gerbera Straight + Tiger Pierce/Nu Gundam HWS Rifle/Etc.

Either I have the worst luck ever or weapon drops are simply ridiculous. I've spent like, an entire week on farming to get the Twin Buster Rifle from its highest drop level, and I still never got it.

So a crafting system seems like a much more guaranteed method to me.
AmuroNT1

The really rare stuff like the TBR or the GN sword III, you pretty much HAVE to be doing multiplayer to get because the drop rate in offline is infinitesimal.