Gundam Breaker 3: Updates and Discussion

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Outlaw

Re: Gundam Breaker 3: Updates and Discussion

I've never really had a problem with AOZ's MS designs in and of themselves. They just fell far, far too advanced looking for the time frame in which they appear. I have always wondered about this image however. None of AOZ's designs seem to use this crest in their actual designs and I don't know the story well enough to know if it ever occurs in universe. A kit with that design would be awesome though...
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Xenosynth

I know it's off topic but the ornate crest head is an alternate head for the Hyzenthlay (RX-121-3c and the Rah version of it), as well as the Woundwort. I cannot read the notes but I assume the ornate crest might just be a decorative thing rather than serving a real function.

(That complaint about AOZ I definitely agree with, the suits seem more CCA era-ish.)

Also, cover art reveals the Sentinel era Radome as an add-on. I am speculating that it will increase lock on range.

Age 3 fortress confirmed on Twitter.
ragnaroc

Judging by looks of their twitter, I think we'll be seeing a proper trailer pretty soon, which I can't wait to dissect.
Blazer-X

Xenosynth wrote:I know it's off topic but the ornate crest head is an alternate head for the Hyzenthlay (RX-121-3c and the Rah version of it), as well as the Woundwort. I cannot read the notes but I assume the ornate crest might just be a decorative thing rather than serving a real function.

(That complaint about AOZ I definitely agree with, the suits seem more CCA era-ish.)

Also, cover art reveals the Sentinel era Radome as an add-on. I am speculating that it will increase lock on range.

Age 3 fortress confirmed on Twitter.
Awesome. Assuming Seravee itself doesn't show up, I can now build its little cousin.
Xenosynth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8X8NK0DOLc

New trailer out. Updating front page with all the new info.

Also, HDKirin started a discord for GB3 discussion here:
https://discord.gg/0nLBVuM5LmNrMEYh
Outlaw

I love their previews; flashy, exciting, and full of info. Looking forward to the translations coming out on this one.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
AmuroNT1

So, here's a full listing of what's new in the game:

First: Gyan
Igloo: Zudah, Zudah (Commander)
Thunderbolt: Full Armor Gundam, Psyco Zaku
Zeta: Rick Dias (Quattro), Palace Athene
AOZ: Advanced Hazel, Advanced Hazel (High-Performance Optic Sensors), Gaplant Hrairoo
Sentinel: FAZZ
ZZ: Dooben Wolf
Unicorn: Byalant Custom, Juagg, Kshatriya
Endless Waltz: Serpent
Turn A: Gold SUMO, Kapool
G-Reco: G-Self (Atmosphere Pack)
IBO: Barbatos (Form 4)
Dynasty Warriors Gundam: Shin Musha Gundam (Sengoku Version), Musha Gundam Mk-II

A few remarks...
-Fu'unsaiki's legs show up in the video (GUNDAM CENTAURS) but it's not listed at the end of the video.
-With the Serpent in the game, you can re-create Heavyarms Kai (EW)...except for the dual-wielding, but honestly I didn't expect that anyway.
-They STILL didn't bother completing the AGE-1 Normal; its parts are only in for the sake of Titus.

People have remarked that this only seems to be a minor upgrade rather than a full sequel...looking at the additions, I'm starting to agree. Still, with the insane number of customizations granted by Builders' Parts, maybe we don't need it.
Last edited by AmuroNT1 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

Quick correction, it's the Hrairoo that's in. The Fiver is the mobile armor unit for the Hrairoo.

I do understand that the game looks more like a Breaker 2 expansion, I really think the new features were on refining 2. 2 basically threw out 1's combat engine entirely and replaced it, but I think 2 was good enough that they could build off it. A lot of work seems to be going towards the Builder's Parts, which, even in the preview, showed a pretty damn good amount of it.
Blazer-X

Is it confirmed those are all that's being added or just what we've seen so far? It's a bit small, especially with the gaping lack of build fighters Gunpla. Where's my AMAZING RED WARRIOR?
Xenosynth

Well, the game will likely have DLC stages released for free like 1 and 2 both had. 2 added 12 suits (with variants) post game.

And also noting that even just adding in the 20ish suits they are adding (depending on how you classify) there are still at least 193 suits. And the add-ons seem to be the bigger focus even if they added 0 new suits, the ridiculous amount and way you put on add-ons I think is enough tbh.

Along with other quality of life things like emblems and caution marks now being colorable, more patterns, more unique attack animations for weapons, etc... I think this is good enough for a sequel.
AmuroNT1

Blazer-X wrote:Is it confirmed those are all that's being added or just what we've seen so far? It's a bit small, especially with the gaping lack of build fighters Gunpla. Where's my AMAZING RED WARRIOR?
My list was made by taking the list at the end of the preview trailer and picking out which Gunpla weren't in the last game. So yeah, it's probably everything. Even with Breaker 2, they announced the DLC in advance, so it doesn't look like they'll have anything this time around.

Also, re: the Gaplant, the list in the trailer said "Fiver", hence my confusion.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Outlaw

I'm not that disappointed in the roster, between getting everything tweaked for PS4 and then adding the new parts system it does make some sense. They did tell us we would be getting 20ish new suits so at least they were up front about it.

I'll hold out on calling it a "2.2" until I hear about other parts of the game or get my hands on it.
Roster does not a sequel make, or in this case break.
Xenosynth

Seems to say Hrairoo? (Furairuu, which is as close as you can get with kana.)

We'll have to see, they may have the DLC planned differently, or even be paid this time around. They might wanna just keep it a surprise and so are avoiding showing the releases (funnily enough, in Breaker 2 on the website they tried keeping which units were DLC a secret... yet they revealed them all through the trailers, so maybe the AV people and the DLC people actually communicated this time haha.)
Mimeblade

Ooh! Serpent! I can finally get my Leo suit put together!

I do have a question though: How are bits and funnels supposed to work now? Based on what I saw in the Astray commercial, you can basically put sub-weapons anywhere.

Does that mean you can put funnels and bits on backpacks that don't have anything associated with them? (For example: Strike Freedom Dragoons on Wing Zero Custom's Backpack?)

Also wondering if it's possible to re-arrange/swap V-fins or even add ZZ's High Mega Cannon on a custom head.

And I hope to see more AGE kits too... especially AGE FX and the grunt kits (they look sorta like the ones from Iron Blooded Orphans but either way so long as that geometric Head/Body style is in there).

Couple things I noticed in the Trailer:

1. You can SAVE COLOR THEMES! Yes! This is awesome. Especially if you don't want to change parts and just want an alternate color scheme or Military Paint Job on the fly to make things interesting.

2. New poses for the Camera Viewer, and... I don't know for sure but it sounds like they "might" have brought back Heroic Pose in some fashion, as it seems like Char's Zaku II did the same pose animation he does in the Camera Viewer.

3. Couple Old stages from GB1: Space (Abaoa Cu?), Desert Fort, Mountain Areas, (and a lot from GB2 as well).

4. OMG Kitbashed PG bosses... this can get real scary real fast... also noticed Apsalus II wasn't the only former boss, in the trailer, thought I saw another one from GB1 as well. Almost as if the former bosses from GB1 are returning, including stages. Also think I saw a boss that looked like the "Serpent Dragon" thing from Build Fighters Try.

5. New Stages: Castle, Japanese Style stage (complete with Cherry Blossom Tree), Field with Forest backdrop, Ice Cavern?, and some kind of Network-based field (purple with geometry everywhere), an Underground Base (with to-scale vehicles).

7. I guess you can use the messaging system to call your SD ally in for an assist?

8. Bounty Hunter Mode seems to have some kind of ranking system to it? Also I guess you can fight more than one bounty at a time (possibly 2 on 2 or other configurations).

9. I guess you can "borrow EX Techniques" from other kits (Strike Freedom's Full Burst, Master Gundam's Rushing Tornado Kick thing, etc), not sure how that works, but it looks interesting.

10. Challenge Mode looks built around Challenge Missions from last time, but more spawns and endurance (Survival) based.
Last edited by Mimeblade on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blazer-X

Mimeblade wrote: I do have a question though: How are bits and funnels supposed to work now? Based on what I saw in the Astray commercial, you can basically put sub-weapons anywhere.

Does that mean you can put funnels and bits on backpacks that don't have anything associated with them? (For example: Strike Freedom Dragoons on Wing Zero Custom's Backpack?)

Also wondering if it's possible to re-arrange/swap V-fins or even add ZZ's High Mega Cannon on a custom head.
Could be interesting how they implement this. Already have some idea of a faux Nightingale in my mind, assuming I could randomly attach Kshatriya's wing binders.
Mimeblade

I'm more eager to see what they do with the boss kitbashes now... should be fun, and give players ideas of what to make.

(Oh and by the way, based on what I saw of the Full Armor Thunderbolt, it looks like you can still make your Gundam "look" like it's dual-wielding and have weapons on both arms, so EW Heavy Arms can still look like the real thing, only you'd have one gatling as the main and the other gatling as the subweapon, and since "Full Open" Burst Attack uses all Sub Weapons in your arsenal at once, you'd still get the "Heavy Arms Moment" from Endless Waltz!).

Now if only they let you turn the camera around whenever you use said weapon attacks! GB2 forced you to always face front whenever you used Head cannons.
Mimeblade

Any news updates? There was a demonstration video a while back.
Xenosynth

Since the PV? They've just been putting out the same screenshots and then one new character was announced the other day, but nothing too major yet. PV basically showed all of the new features off so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a lot more until its release.

Also in the latest famitsu, they confirmed they WILL have a data transfer again. It will carry over GP and the last MS you used, as well as parts (reset to level 1). Coloring data will be reset though. You can do this through memory card (vita) or uploaded data (both).
Mimeblade

One of the trailers shows Neo Zeong I think (it's just a short clip), but I assume it's a boss. Taken straight out of Unicorn Ep 7.
AmuroNT1

It's been announced that an English language version for Asia will be released in May, which has prompted a few interested parties to hold off on getting the Japanese version. I'm one of those, though it also ties into the fact that I still don't have a PS4...