Gundam Breaker 3: Updates and Discussion

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Re: Gundam Breaker 2: Updates and Discussion

For the hell of it, I'm trying to figure out the most insane melee build you could do with this game - namely, one that would have as many different melee-type Options as possible. Here's what I've got so far:

Head: not sure, are there any heads with melee Options?
Body: Crossbone X1 or Skull Heart (Beam Sabers)
Arms: Banshee w/ Armed Armor (Beam Tonfas, Armed Armor VN)
Legs: either Exia (GN Blades, GN Beam Daggers) or 00 Seven Swords (GN Long/Short Blade, GN Katars)
Backpack: Astray Red Dragon (Caledfwlch)
Melee: any Double Saber
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

I am SO impressed by this game. I think I messed up my download code, too, Amuro. lawlz

I've only done the first two missions, but I thought the added cutscenes are great. I'm so glad for the improvements made to the twin buster rifle. It works the way it should. It seems to have alternate charge shots modes, I think. I can do rolling buster rifle alright, but does anyone know how to do the straight charge shot consistently?

Disappointed with the blue frame revise's new foot blade animation. Hurricane kick was cooler....

Also, why doesn't the Deathscythe have a stealth EX? That's kinda dumb.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Xenosynth

It depends on which buster you are using. Twin buster rifle split uses rolling buster rifle on the ground, and the straight beam in the air, and the Twin Buster Rifle (Combined, from the Proto Zero) does the reverse, rolling buster in the air, straight shot on the ground.

And Deathscythe's Hyper Jammer EX is in the game, it's on the arms.
Corvus Moore

Was trying to stay HG for a bit longer, though the challenge missions were becoming exceedingly touch and go, so much one-shotting since I still hadn't anything better than Pale Rider levelled up. Then one map and I wound up getting the whole damn MG set of Pale rider... still haven't got the HG head yet.

Can't help but be a bit gleeful at the thorough Ground Gundam attention. All three Blue Destinies (though I've seen no indication of Efreets inclusion, shame), the basic model and topped off with the Ez8. The parachute pack is completely useless but nice inclusion, only thing missing would be an empty rack pack and the bazooka. Odd omission that.

The variety of stuff packed in though, one that springs to mind being that if you dim the eye lights down you can see the camera detailing on the eye-pieces and visors.

Just a shame there's no way to set movement to always ground-pounding. Never been that big on the lazy gliding style a fair few of the backpacks and even an arm set do.

Hopefully for 3 they work out the CAD system better, you have to go through majority of the game to get the CAD for Goufs heat saber and that's the most basic weapon in your build list to put together. Really stupid move. Preview image for parts being evolved would've been nice too but that's just an import issue.

Still, having the upgrade system to really boost up parts is a nice timesink. Through the test builds and mucking around keep revisiting the Ez8, just way too satisfying to mash up an HG with machinegun fire, finish with the leg-saber, blast a group with rocket launcher and finish them with the backpack cannon.
InjuredPelican

Got the game and so far its a vastly improved experience. Its not without its hiccups here and there, but its been very fun so far. Got up to builder level 29, still can't find special CADs for the cooler weapons (GN Sword, Heat Shotels, etc). My Gafran arms' built in beam sabers are pretty awesome though. Very cool animations.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Seraphic

Ah, so the pre-order code DID work. You get the TRY mobile suits from the "Gift" section of the store. :3
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

AmuroNT1

Yeah, but you have to be on the same account, namely your Japanese one. I didn't realize that at the time. Of course, I'm on my way to earning the Try Fighters the hard way.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Corvus Moore

The game has some really odd pacing with giving you stuff. It's only two or three areas in that you can get the hobby store levels for Caridgan GM and Build Burning, but it takes ages until the Lightning Zeta shows itself.
BrentD15

Anybody know if they're going to be patching in new suits?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
AmuroNT1

There's going to be free DLC that will add things like Cherudim, Tallgeese III, the Strike Noir, Ex-S Gundam, Infinite Justice, the F91, and others.

Also, quick warning: A bug has been discovered. Master Grade parts with their own special EX-Actions (like ZZ's head, Shining's arms, Freedom's wings) will actually have the damage of their respective EX-Acts LOWERED if you upgrade them. So you may wish to hold off on upgrading those parts until a patch hits.

Xenosynth

I'm wondering if it's like an overflow thing. Those parts hit damage cap a crapton more, so I wonder if it just does 'too much damage' so to speak and then goes to zero.

Only bug I ran into was Legend legs in combination with the backpack. It gives you infinite ammo for the backpack, allowing you to fire the beam attack for like 30 seconds, then immediately fire again. Only problem is that abusing this sometimes causes other problems (such as not being able to launch funnels at all). So it's a mixed bag. The bad bugs only happen if partners are using awakening, so in single player it's a good bug.
BrentD15

AmuroNT1 wrote:There's going to be free DLC that will add things like Cherudim, Tallgeese III, the Strike Noir, Ex-S Gundam, Infinite Justice, the F91, and others.
Sweet!

Also, I don't know if this was posted before, but the official gallery is a sight to behold.
http://ggame.jp/breaker2_gallery.php
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
InjuredPelican

Here's my current build: http://ggame.jp/breaker2_ms.php?ms=28998
Specializes in some beam spam, strong melee, and Moonlight Butterfly.

P.S. I've since leveled it up quite a bit, so everything but my weapon is level 10 or higher.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Bryant Molirse

For anyone running low on materials for upgrading high level HG, and MG parts, mission 14 of Gundam Cafe gives 70 of the materials needed. (the ones you need 300 of at level hg 17/ mg 7)
WARNING!!! I EDIT My posts in the image threads if there is NO NEW REPLIES!!
Seraphic

The shenlong shield is my favorite shield by far. I'm totally abusing it's instant stun effect. It lasts like 10 seconds each, and recharges fairly quickly. It even works on aces.

What's your favorite shield to equip? Also, does anyone know if there is a Tallgeese shield in the game or just the one artificially attached to its arm part?

I'm fairly surprised that there appear to be both the Okawara and Katoki versions of the Gundams from Wing present in some cases. I've repainted a mock Leo from some Tallgeese parts. :3

To be honest, I'm having some trouble controlling my defense in this game, and I'm not sure what is the best way to buff myself. I get stunlocked to death by enemy EX attacks too often. Is there a module that negates stunning in this version, as well?
-Antares

Xenosynth

@ Seraphic:

All the Wing units are the EW (Katoki) versions, except they also have the TV Shenlong and Wing Gundam. All others are the katoki versions however (Epyon has the proportions of Katoki's version, and even the Tallgeese has the extra gold trim from the redesigned MG).
Corvus Moore

The stun-locking just seems to be a general problem. The dodge move seems completely worthless if the enemy is using doubleswords or are buffed and swinging at least a sword. Doesn't seem quite right to just grin and bear it, specially with some of the ridiculous damage inflation in the post-story stages.

Seemed a bit excessive to include all those versions of Wing when we didn't get a Ground GM, Zaku I, Methuss and other funky ones. Specially since they only had to promote the latest version of the kit. Still a bit sore the Gouf Custom doesn't get its arm-mounted machinegun.
Xenosynth

Eh, crappy hand vulcan isn't necessary on the Gouf custom. It has the shield gatling and heat rod, the hand vulcan gun would just be the same as a head vulcan, that is, pretty useless. They did include the normal gouf's finger vulcans however.

And while I am a big fan of UC suits, implying that they are choosing suits over others in a negative way like that always confuses me. No one Gundam fan is going to be satisfied with every pick in the game, and it's not like they go 'SCREW THE ZAKU I! THROW IN SANDROCK.'

The 4 Wing Gundams are all popular leads (Technically 5 but the Proto-Zero pretty much dethroned Wing Zero TV). Also, on the promotion front, they've all had new models in 2013 and 2014 (HGAC Wing and Wing Zero TV, RG Wing Zero EW, and MG Proto Zero), except the Wing EW, which had its backpack in the first game, and so they just wanted to complete it I imagine. The Zaku I and Methuss, on the other hand, only have older models, so by that logic of promotion, they'd definitely be at the end of the line. However, they didn't only include suits for promotion, as we have several MS in the game that only had 1980s and 1990s models. I mean, they include other ones that don't have as many differences, such as the G-3 Gundam.

When they basically tripled the cast from the first game, with much more unit variety and options, I can't really complain on the MS front.
InjuredPelican

^ Pretty much my thoughts. There are just so many mobile suits in the game already that's its tough for me to complain over some omissions (though I admittedly wish Altron (TV) was in). With the leveling system implemented and all that I find it difficult to actually try out lots of different MS, since if they are low leveled I don't have the resources or desire to level up MS I might not end up using for very long, so then I just have to play early stages. Not so bad, but its worth noting. At this point I think I like the variety most just for how many different enemy types we get now.
-Loran Cehack
Outlaw

Got my copy on Friday and I'm pretty impressed. I've been a little preoccupied so between that and compulsively farming each new MS when I find it I doubt I'm as far as you guys are. Also, I've been thinking of linking my account to Gundam Perfect Games and I was wondering if the old guides from when the first Breaker released are still useable or if the site has changed since then?

My thoughts in no particular order:
- I'd forgotten how rough it can be without flinch protection.
- The Lv.0 stats on transferred stuff are brutal. I get why they did it but yeesh.
- Enemies in vehicles are jerks.
- The two paint finish options are really tricky to work with. Took some trial and error to get a look I liked.
- The captain, operator, whatever girl on the Archangel actually has pink earrings. You can see them under her hair when she does her surprised or pouty face.
- In mission one, in the small room with the three Den'ans and two Zakus you can actually go through the door on the right and into the hangar where the Archangel is, it doesn't do anything though.
- In the cinematic where the Dendro destroys the colony your MS' thrusters cut it part way through while you allies' don't.
- If you cancel the Dendro's destruction cinematic just before the explosion it will blow up but when the smoke clears it will still be completely intact.
- The theme that plays when the Pale Rider spawns reminds me of "Aliens".
- Head vulcans can be fired while attacking with other weapons making them only mostly useless, and mostly useless is slightly useful.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."