Upcoming SRW Announcement

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Re: Upcoming SRW Announcement

Mu La Flaga wrote: Also some people are speculating with Z3, perhaps some series that are missing will return for Z3 part 2.
I was speculating the exact same thing, though it would be nice to see some of the more useless series-es with no plot significance get dropped instead of keeping the roster clumped up like they have in some other SRW titles. Wing and some others were pretty pointless in Alpha after Alpha 2nd.
AmuroNT1

Quoting a friend from another board:
FMP's author just tweeted,

四季童子 @shikidoji
はい。というわけで第三次スーパーロボット大戦Z、フルメタ原作フル参戦です! #srw生配信

FMP's COMPLETE ORIGINAL WORK will be in Z3, meaning we'll be seeing arm slaves all the way up to Laevatein.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

Now I have to wonder a few things.

It's been a bit since I played Z2 but...
Spoiler
Lelouch still dies in it, right? So are the Geass units just a carryover?
Also, given the different dynamics and whatnot, like Amuro using the Re-GZ, I have to wonder how CCA will work, and if this is going to be the same Amuro and Char. Or if the Geara Dogas and dropping Axis are going to be orchestrated by the Mariemaia Faction. And I also have to wonder just how the hell EVA is going to fit into these. Z is probably my favorite super robot wars continuity, so yeah. Also, I hope we get to see the new originals soon.
Raikoh

Xenosynth wrote: It's been a bit since I played Z2 but...
Spoiler
Lelouch still dies in it, right? So are the Geass units just a carryover?
Spoiler
No, he survives in both routes.
Though I still get the feeling the Geass units are going to be a carryover. The plot is over, there isn't much to really do with them plot-wise any more. Other than more Chirico/Kallen shenanigans. Possibly with Sousuke joining the gang.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Shinji103

Xenosynth wrote:Also, given the different dynamics and whatnot, like Amuro using the Re-GZ, I have to wonder how CCA will work, and if this is going to be the same Amuro and Char. Or if the Geara Dogas and dropping Axis are going to be orchestrated by the Mariemaia Faction.
Amuro was using the the Re-GZ at the beginning of CCA while the Nu Gundam was being finished; maybe Amuro using it in the trailer was just an homage to that.
Xenosynth

Well, that's the thing. Z2 Amuro has the Nu throughout. So I wonder why he'd go back to the Re-GZ at all in Z3.
angelwingzero

Xenosynth wrote:Well, that's the thing. Z2 Amuro has the Nu throughout. So I wonder why he'd go back to the Re-GZ at all in Z3.
Plot maintenance? Same reason Kamille's in the Mk. II.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Raikoh

angelwingzero wrote:
Xenosynth wrote:Well, that's the thing. Z2 Amuro has the Nu throughout. So I wonder why he'd go back to the Re-GZ at all in Z3.
Plot maintenance? Same reason Kamille's in the Mk. II.
We can only hope that it would be because the Nu is getting upgraded to the Hi-Nu.

And Kamille being in the Mk. II is because I think they've confirmed that in Zeta they're doing the TV plot rather than A New Translation.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Xenosynth

I did like that the Mk II was using the Super Gundam's rifle. It was kinda neat.

Anyway, mainly, just because Kamille and Amuro have been consistent from Z1 to Z2, I didn't want their timelines getting reset, like how Mazinger and Getter Robo became 'reset' and switched to their later incarnations, same with Eureka 7's cast switching to the movie cast from Z1 to Z2 ((Though I always found the dialogue amusing when people from Z1 would try to talk to them about things from Z1 and they were like 'huh?')). Gurren Lagann is definitely the same Simon and Viral from Z2, and I am sure the 00 cast is also the same as the ones from Z2. Hrm... we'll just have to see what timelines get 'reset' or replaced when the game is out.
yazi88

I find it very amusing that SRW Z is STILL SKIPPING ZZ and actually putting in CCA (plot) and Unicorn. Very unusual. The writers are gonna have a fun time explaining that or Marida's backstory without it ever happening.

I actually expected Eureka 7 AO to be in this game since it was a weird sequel like Aquarion EVOL but there is still the 2nd half of Z3.

I'm kind of glad that Destiny is still in the game cause for one it hopefully brings back the Minerva and continues Shinn's brofisting with Kamille and SRW Z Real robot original Setsuko. That and maybe to garner more interest to HD remaster, this is Bandai after all.
AmuroNT1

A friend on another board pointed out another potential reason for ZZ getting sidelined: unfortunately, Kazuki Yao, Judau's VA, is getting on in years and can't pull off his trademark hotblooded shouting as well as he used to. This is apparently the reason Franky was sidelined for 80% of One Piece Movie Z, and anyone who played Z2 might have noticed that Dancougar's Shinobu was a bit more subdued than usual.

Anyway, another friend suggested that all they have to do is say that ZZ happened off-screen, with Haman taking advantage of ZEUTH's absence to invade and Judau and pals fighting them off (mostly) as normal. They can even explain Judau's non-appearance by sticking with the original ending and saying that he's so sick of the wars started by adults that he doesn't want any part of it anymore. I pointed out one flaw in this plan, namely that ZEUTH took all the AEUG mecha with them, but Banpresto can just handwave that Anaheim popped out some new ones super-fast, like how MX had a vanilla Hyaku-Shiki for Beecha and the Full Armor Kai for Quattro.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Mu La Flaga

You know I was discussing this earlier in regards to CCA, since Quattro said he wouldn't go down the path of CCA's reality.
So I'm thinking with Unicorn's introduction, CCA could still play out but Full Frontal or another clone of Char could be in control of Neo-Zeon/Axis forces during that time.
Since well the last time CCA played out in the Alpha games, Amuro ended up surviving and Char died in a slight twist of sorts.

The alternative I was thinking and this is a big IF, how about if instead of Full Frontal Hamarn from Z1 came to the current universe and decided to take over?

So anyone got any thoughts on those?
just ideas/speculation.
yazi88

Well, they could always re-use voices from previous games while adding a few new ones to get around things as long as they have permission and pay the royalties for it. But that just sounds like too much work but I also can't blame Kazuki Yao either.

Oh well, SRW gets by things pretty well so I'm kind of interested in how they handle things.
Mu La Flaga

Well that was my idea, I was totally like to see Full Frontal lead the CCA events from Neo-Zeon side and all that stuff.
Shinji103

Like I said, it might just be an homage in the trailer to how he piloted the Re-GZ in CCA. As in maybe they put him in the Re-GZ just for the trailer.
yazi88

Pilots usually tend to downgrade during the beginning of the next game, Amuro usually never starts at jump with the Nu Gundam, ZZ never starts with FAZZ add-on either. Always with the excuse that "its getting upgraded, new paint job, adding more plot armor to Kira's unit, etc.
SCuDgundam

I just wonder how the 00 movie is going to work in this two-parter; it's not exactly a lot of material. Are they going to get it all done in part 1, or are they going to use the time gap, when the aliens are traveling from Jupiter to earth, as a split for parts 1 and 2?

And the same for Unicorn; there's no time split there, so how are they going to do this?
The PV only explicitly shows Setsuna in the 00 Raiser killing a generic terrorist in a GN-X. Graham and Lockon are shown attacking in their ELS-fighting units, but we're not shown exactly who they're attacking. It's entirely possible that they're saving the ELS themselves for a later date.

On the other hand, Super-Galactic Gurren-Lagann (with no obvious support crew again AAAARGGGHHHH is shown fighting a hand Mugann in a planet thicket right at the end. That's kinda-sorta real endgame crap going on right there...
It's just really hard to tell what the timeline is like, from this one video.