Persona 5

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
YokozunaBulldozer

Persona 5

It's official folks.

official site: http://persona5.jp/
release date: 2014 Winter
platform: PS3

director: Katsura Hashino
character designer: Shigenori Soejima
sound composer: Shoji Meguro

From what has been revealed in the trailer, the key phrase is "You are slave. Want emancipation?" and the color RED is primarily used.

trailer link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mZssK05WYo
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
GX9900-Gundam-X

Re: Persona 5

Looks neat I wonder what they are gonna do seems its gonna be a bit more heavy from the tag line can't wait to get some more info on it
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
YokozunaBulldozer

GX9900-Gundam-X wrote:Looks neat I wonder what they are gonna do seems its gonna be a bit more heavy from the tag line can't wait to get some more info on it
The first thing that came to my mind was Matrix but instead of robots we have shadows that control humans.
fearjunkee

OK, the evidence I have for my theory may seem utterly cracked and/or flimsy as all hell, but bear with me. In Persona 3, the history teacher was a Japanese history nut, and Persona 4 was heavily influenced by Japanese mythology. Persona 4's history teacher was wearing one of those pharaoh crown things, which leads me to believe that Persona 5 is gonna be heavily influenced by Egyptian mythology.

Yes, my evidence isn't what you'd call 'convincing', even I'm not 100% sure on this theory, but allow me continue.

Given the 'slave' theme in the teaser, let's look to mythology/lore involving slaves in Egypt. Namely, the Exodus story. I'd guess that the protagonist's Persona will be Moses.
Zeonista

Well, the two Persona games that have made it over here so far have emphasized escaping, searching, and accepting as game story themes. In Persona 3 the hero & friends had to escape from the coffin syndrome, while in Persona 4 they had to escape from the other-dimensional mist and the "midnight channel" omen. And in both games everyone who wielded a persona had to escape from their own limiting personality defects/disorders. So escaping a mental or emotional imprisonment could work for Persona 5.

Searching and acceptance are mostly the main hero's prerogative, although the friends also get some of that as well. Searching for the escape from imprisonment could be the framework for the dungeon-adventures. The acceptance of self and others could provide the freedom from imprisonment conveyed in the title. I noticed 5 collars, which seems a little at odds with the usual 8-person roster for the hero & posse. But maybe there are 5 key characters who are not necessarily in the Persona posse, right? ;)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Zeonista

The wikia heading for this game refers to an interview with Katsura Hashino, the producer of the Persona game series. The characters are the usual bunch of high-school scamps & misfits who feel the pressures of living in current society, and are "restrained" by the rules of that society. So there we might see the motif, right? ;)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
project 5

Persona 5 will be out in us by 2015 .
YokozunaBulldozer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kotF62s1NBA

Looks like we finally get some in-game footage.
P5 seems to be going with the whole masked vigilante/phantom thief concept.
Lord Dearche

Kaito Kid confirmed for final boss.
YokozunaBulldozer

Lord Dearche wrote:Kaito Kid confirmed for final boss.
Get out of my head :mrgreen:
You know what else came in mind? Gad Guard.
Lord Dearche

http://gematsu.com/2015/02/dengeki-play ... full-scans

Overall looks neat, and a lot better than Persona 4 which was just Scooby doo with more hipsters and without the drugs and crooked real-estate agents. Still the superior Phantom Thief
MasterChiefSnake

I decided not to buy this game due to under my boycott lists since 2012. For what reasons is that they banned me in their forums and their official Facebook page.