Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mu La Flaga

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

So in a small twist in the pile of EXVS Force news.
Bandai-Namco are actually releasing the game in the US proper surprisingly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPCSldykStA
So does this mean the rights for the Extreme VS series are sorted out or something now?

It's gotten me curious.
AmuroNT1

It was never a rights issue, BanNam just didn't think it was worth their time or money to localize the game. But since they knew there was a good bit of fan demand, and they were already doing an English version for Asian markets, they said "Why not?" and decided to bring it over.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
JDogindy

Extreme VS. Force has been out for a few days, and, um...

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/23/gu ... -in-japan/

For those who want to know, there's only 40 playable units and two general modes.
AceWhatever

So there's a massive PSN sale on Full Boost right now where you can get the game digitally plus all the DLC for around 9500¥. Normally all the DLC by itself costs 15K¥.

In light of what was revealed about Force and the lack of any news about Maxi Boost getting a PS3 port, is now a good time to nab Full Boost?
Gelgoog Jager

Taking into account Bandai Namco's recent course of action regarding localizations, people should really consider buying Extreme VS Force once it's released on the west:

-Sword Art Online: Lost Song was a digital only Vita game with a poor Asian translation, but thanks to those who bought it, it got an updated version on PS4 with a proper translation and eventually got SAO: Lost Song, which not only had a proper translation, but even got a physical release for both PS4 and PS Vita on the west.

-There were many claims about Digimon All-Stars Rumble for PS3 being a cash grab, but it seems safe to assume that it was also meant to measure the interest of the series on the west and I think that thanks to it selling at least decently that we are now expecting Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth's impending release next month, for both PS4 and PS Vita.

-And let's not forget that unfortunately the poor reception of Gundam Crossfire is what seemed to have doomed the localization of other PS3 Gundam games, such as Gundam 0081, Gundam UC and Gundam Side Stories.

My point is: Bandai Namco tends to use low cost games to measure interest of a series in the west, and their success or failure is what will determine if they will try to go ahead and bring (or not) much better games of that series to the west.

So, even if Extreme VS Force is not exactly the best entry on the series, I really suggest that anyone hoping to see much better Gundam games localized to go ahead and buy it. Otherwise we may end up with yet another console generation without Gundam games on the west.
AmuroNT1

The official website for Maxi Boost ON has updated, and the splash page shows two more additions: the Akatsuki and AGE-FX.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Mu La Flaga

It's about damn time they added Akatsuki, now see how it turns out, if it has the pack swapping ability and if it's Mu or Cagalli pilotting it.
ZeonsSilverStar

Never thought I'd see the FX playable or the Akatsuki playable again. As cool as these additions I'm having a hard time getting excited since it's unknown if or when MBO will hit consoles. I'm also having a hard time getting happy over Vs. Force coming over here. Sure it's a Gundam game that isn't Dynasty Warriors but from everything I've read and seen it's not a very impressive game. Even if I did decide to buy a Vita just to buy this game only the G-Self and Barbatos would be draws. And yes I get the whole support A because down the line we may get B down the line logic but that doesn't mean we should have to settle for an inferior product.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
AmuroNT1

The main problem with Vs Force seems to be that they tried to jury-rig the ExVs engine into a Musou-style game, which not only doesn't quite work, but completely goes against the spirit of the series in the first place.

AmuroNT1

So, there's an image on Twitter (which I helped circulate) which purportedly shows Bandai Namco's plans for the series, including the suggestion that we shouldn't expect an arcade-perfect port of Maxi Boost because they want to keep the game going in arcades and will more than likely just crank out more single player spin-offs like Force.

I will fully admit that I'm not sure if this image is legit (both HD Kirin and Grant Patterson are suspicious and trying to track down more info), but I REALLY hope it's fake.

Mu La Flaga

Also the line in white text about no arcade perfect port seems like BS, considering the difference and spechs the PS4 has in comparisson to the PS3.
(which hey isn't the best with FB)
ZeonsSilverStar

AmuroNT1 wrote:The main problem with Vs Force seems to be that they tried to jury-rig the ExVs engine into a Musou-style game, which not only doesn't quite work, but completely goes against the spirit of the series in the first place.
Indeed. Maybe if the game tanks Bamco will rework the game to make the next one more inline with the main series of games. As for the picture going around I think it looks to trolly to be real. At least I hope it's not real and we see another console Vs. game sometime in the future.
AmuroNT1

Robin: The issue isn't the PS4's ability to produce an arcade-perfect port, but rather Bandai-Namco's willingness to do so. That image implies that they don't want to because it would reduce profits of the arcade version, so instead they use the game's engine to produce single-player games.

Again, I don't know if the image is for real, but I hope it's wrong.

Mu La Flaga

Well I guess they currently are ready to consider the next successor in the VS games.
I mean, the build of Maxi Boost will be insane when it finally does get a port.....

I mean all of our hopes got shot down last TGS with how we usually guessed their cycle of things.
AmuroNT1

If people hadn't heard, the 1.03 patch to Vs. Force will add Versus combat (namely, Free Battle and Branch Battle) back into the game, as well as adding six units (Mack Knife, GP02A, Master, Turn X, Strike Freedom, 00 Gundam). I dunno if that'll make the game worthwhile to anyone who wasn't already going to buy it.

ZeonsSilverStar

While those changes do make the game somewhat worthwhile some of those suits, all of them actually, should have been in the game off rip. I also read that the patch included something alike an arcade mode which is another thing that should've been there since the beginning. Now if that's true I'll consider buying the game though it'll be weird to get a Vita for a single game.
Blazer-X

ZeonsSilverStar wrote:While those changes do make the game somewhat worthwhile some of those suits, all of them actually, should have been in the game off rip. I also read that the patch included something alike an arcade mode which is another thing that should've been there since the beginning. Now if that's true I'll consider buying the game though it'll be weird to get a Vita for a single game.
Well, there's always Gundam Breaker 3 if you don't already have a PS4.
ZeonsSilverStar

Blazer-X wrote:
ZeonsSilverStar wrote:While those changes do make the game somewhat worthwhile some of those suits, all of them actually, should have been in the game off rip. I also read that the patch included something alike an arcade mode which is another thing that should've been there since the beginning. Now if that's true I'll consider buying the game though it'll be weird to get a Vita for a single game.
Well, there's always Gundam Breaker 3 if you don't already have a PS4.
I have thought about getting GB3 but I'm still on the fence. But with the way things are going I'll probably end up getting it over Force.
AmuroNT1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGxxgJmYMI

Promo trailer for Maxi Boost ON, showing the changes to the game's systems as well as some of the new attacks possessed by returning units. For example, the Alex has a combo origination where it uses its mythical hyper bazooka, while Tallgeese 3 has a move where it gets around the opponent and stabs them in the back (just like Zechs did in EW).

We get a little look at the G-Self and Barbatos, as well as the fact that they'll be receiving their own stages (looks to be the Capital Tower and CGS Mars base). I don't recognize the G-Self's new attack, but the Barbatos gets Akihiro's Graze Kai as an assist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAf4IW5eSWM

The game's opening movie, featuring "NO FUTURE (Prototype Ver.)" by The Beautiful People. They show two new Extreme Gundams, one apparently belonging to Ssthesia and a new bad guy that fights on its own without using the giant armors wielded by ex-'s version.