SD Gundam Capsule Fighter

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Chris
Administrator

SD Gundam Capsule Fighter

I'm posting this thread for discussion of the game, but also to plug some free stuff. Starting tomorrow, we're going to give out codes to get the S-rank Justice Gundam as a permanent addition to your roster. We'll be giving out the codes on the Gundamn! Facebook group as well as on the MAHQ Twitter account. No participation is required on your part... just grab a code and use it.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Wingnut

Re: SD Gundam Capsule Fighter

For those already playing, you'll want to get in on this if you haven't already. Granted you'd have to do it every day for the ultimate prize and starting late means you'll miss out on that, but it's still a worthwhile thing to do as the Bingos add up in points and even if you only manage half of the days you still get 10k pts and a rare OC 100% chip.

The ultimate prize you ask? Two words: Bullet. Hose.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

So, does anyone play? I used to play a lot, and even spent more money than i wish I had. It can be tough competing for me (not very good with a keyboard), but I still enjoying spraying the battlefield with my Heavyarms double gatling gun. I find C rank only matches most enjoyable though, as the playing field seems most even. Hope to get back to playing more frequently soon.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Bonesy!

gosh chris

ONCE I THINK I'M FREE FROM SDGO I JUST KEEP GETTING DRAGGED BACK IN
Outlaw

InjuredPelican wrote:So, does anyone play? I used to play a lot, and even spent more money than i wish I had. It can be tough competing for me (not very good with a keyboard), but I still enjoying spraying the battlefield with my Heavyarms double gatling gun. I find C rank only matches most enjoyable though, as the playing field seems most even. Hope to get back to playing more frequently soon.
I agree that C rank matches can be a ton of fun. Lately I've been on hiatus waiting for them to release the Gundam X plans. I usually don't play that often because I'm not big into PvP gaming.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
InjuredPelican

Outlaw wrote: I agree that C rank matches can be a ton of fun. Lately I've been on hiatus waiting for them to release the Gundam X plans. I usually don't play that often because I'm not big into PvP gaming.
I usually don't care for PvP either, but this game is the exception for me. The Gundam aesthetic and pure mecha fanservice is great, but the gameplay itself is actually very good. With three types of MS and different stages and modes, I can try all kinds of strategies, not just the same "one that works". Plus, the community on there by and large seems pretty friendly.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
InjuredPelican

So, I used a code and got this message:
"Congratulations!

You will be able to play the game from November 2nd.

We will notify you via Email and Facebook announcements.

We will see you in the game!"

What does that mean? I used the code several days ago, and have not received either a message in email or the game itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Loran Cehack
Wingnut

Same thing happened to me a few days ago. I think it's something left over from the Closed Beta Testing days. Which obviously has nothing to do with getting a free Justice Gundam. As expected, I have yet to see any sign of a Justice in my inbox.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

Wingnut wrote:Same thing happened to me a few days ago. I think it's something left over from the Closed Beta Testing days. Which obviously has nothing to do with getting a free Justice Gundam. As expected, I have yet to see any sign of a Justice in my inbox.
Thanks for the reply. Justice is pretty much the only S unit I was really interested in so far. Still holding out for Double X, and Turn A (even if I'm terrible at Rock types).
-Loran Cehack
Wingnut

Got my Justice today, BTW. Technically yesterday evening as it's after midnight now.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

Wingnut wrote:Got my Justice today, BTW. Technically yesterday evening as it's after midnight now.
Code or bought?
Last edited by InjuredPelican on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Loran Cehack
Wingnut

The code. I don't need an S rank rock that badly, and if I did I'd pick something else to spend my spacebucks on.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

Wingnut wrote:The code. I don't need an S rank rock that badly, and if I did I'd pick something else to spend my spacebucks on.
I just checked, and I got mine too. I sent a message to their help section, so maybe that did something. I don't really need a rock type either, but I love Justice Gundam, especially if its free. he has a lot of long range firepower for a rock type as well.
-Loran Cehack
Compass

Blagh I missed this thread. Oh well. I really enjoyed this game's mechanics. That, and after failing at a low-cost machine for days, I got the AS Rock WGZ from the 16800 machine on my first roll just going for the A-rank commons. The Shield Bash is by far one of the nicest melee-match mechanics =D
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
InjuredPelican

Compass wrote:Blagh I missed this thread. Oh well. I really enjoyed this game's mechanics. That, and after failing at a low-cost machine for days, I got the AS Rock WGZ from the 16800 machine on my first roll just going for the A-rank commons. The Shield Bash is by far one of the nicest melee-match mechanics =D
C rank ms are for experienced users, or C Rank only matches. B and A ranks are much better for lesser skilled players (I include myself in that) to get used to the game and have easy fun.

So, you use a Rock? I use Paper, cause Rocks drive me crazy. I'm no good at melee, and I hate how they can catch you in just brutal combos while you can do nothing to escape. But the thing I hate most is their weapons that disable ammo or boost. That just doesn't seem fair at all. But oh well. I can blast them to pieces from far, far away, so I guess that's how they balance things...
-Loran Cehack
Wingnut

Compass wrote:Blagh I missed this thread. Oh well. I really enjoyed this game's mechanics. That, and after failing at a low-cost machine for days, I got the AS Rock WGZ from the 16800 machine on my first roll just going for the A-rank commons. The Shield Bash is by far one of the nicest melee-match mechanics =D
That would actually be the AR rank Wing Zero. An AS rank suit is something else entirely. And that 14800 pts machine is frustrating to me. I've tried about 4 times on it for Sandrock Kai and gotten everything else save the Duel Assault Shroud including a dupe of the AR Zero which I already had.
InjuredPelican wrote:But the thing I hate most is their weapons that disable ammo or boost. That just doesn't seem fair at all. But oh well. I can blast them to pieces from far, far away, so I guess that's how they balance things...
That's what V-Vaccine is for. A virtual must part for any Psyco Gundam, and quite handy to have pre-loaded on your favorite suit when the room goes heavy on the status ailments. My AR Palace Athene is so equipped and it does wonders at giving the finger to the stun of AGE-1 Normal and V-Dash while also preventing the Shin Zaku II's/Tallgeese III's/anything else from dropping my ammo reserve. IMO, Control Shock is the most troublesome ailment as it reverses your controls (left movement becomes right and so forth).

Speaking of the AR Palace Athene, I adore this unit. Why? It's the scissor version with the 8 large anti-ship missiles as the weapon 3 which is a homing weapon that hits like a Mack truck. Hitting a C rank regardless of RPS property in the back with all 8 is almost always a one-shot kill even with the enemy at full health.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

Wingnut wrote: Speaking of the AR Palace Athene, I adore this unit. Why? It's the scissor version with the 8 large anti-ship missiles as the weapon 3 which is a homing weapon that hits like a Mack truck. Hitting a C rank regardless of RPS property in the back with all 8 is almost always a one-shot kill even with the enemy at full health.
I've met this Palace Athene, and it is frightening, especially since I'm usually a Paper. That things missiles are so flipping fast!

Thanks for info on how to fight status ailments. And yes, I think the control shock shouldn't even exist its so cheap. On that note, do you know any good ways to defend against combos? I have warps I hit people with, but if you're already in a combo its no good. I already of course know I can break their combo with a special attack, one of my all time favorite things to do. But is there any other ways?
-Loran Cehack
Wingnut

A teleport of your own sometimes works if they're not too far into it and you have enough HP remaining. Though staying close to your teammates is usually a good thing as they can help you out by attacking your attacker. Assuming they're halfway intelligent which unfortunately many are not or they simply don't care about anyone other then themselves. At least among the lower ranks anyway.

BTW, what is your IGN? Mine's the same as here: Wingnut.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

Wingnut wrote:A teleport of your own sometimes works if they're not too far into it and you have enough HP remaining. Though staying close to your teammates is usually a good thing as they can help you out by attacking your attacker. Assuming they're halfway intelligent which unfortunately many are not or they simply don't care about anyone other then themselves. At least among the lower ranks anyway.

BTW, what is your IGN? Mine's the same as here: Wingnut.
I stay by my team mates, whether they have any intention of returning the favor or not. I usually play support: I shoot the guys attacking my teammates. Seems to work pretty well. People think getting a high kill amount is important, when individually its not. Not dying is far more valuable most of the time.

My username is the same as the one use here as well: InjuredPelican
-Loran Cehack
Wingnut

The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.