SD Gundam Capsule Fighter

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Outlaw

Re: SD Gundam Capsule Fighter

Count me as another that forgot this thread was here.
InjuredPelican wrote:Rocks drive me crazy. I'm no good at melee, and I hate how they can catch you in just brutal combos while you can do nothing to escape.
One of the only things I would knock on this game is the poor melee system. In the end people found tricks and exploits to make it better but, the bad part of that is if you don't know all the tricks of the trade you feel very overwhelmed.

In other news: I recently (actually a couple weeks ago) capped a Virtue on my first try! The kicker? It was a custom capsule so it cost me a grand total of 3800. :D
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Wingnut

Outlaw wrote:In other news: I recently (actually a couple weeks ago) capped a Virtue on my first try! The kicker? It was a custom capsule so it cost me a grand total of 3800. :D
Too bad one can't do the same with the A rank Wing machine. I really want the Sanrdock Kai there, but have gotten everything but save the AR Duel, including a dupe of the Wing Zero. I'm not really in any hurry to try again.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

Wingnut wrote:
Outlaw wrote:In other news: I recently (actually a couple weeks ago) capped a Virtue on my first try! The kicker? It was a custom capsule so it cost me a grand total of 3800. :D
Too bad one can't do the same with the A rank Wing machine. I really want the Sanrdock Kai there, but have gotten everything but save the AR Duel, including a dupe of the Wing Zero. I'm not really in any hurry to try again.
Bummer, man. We all know the sadness and frustration that accompanies drawing a capsule. I also got dupes of Wing Zero and Victory Gundam (I wanted Savior...).

I would certainly appreciate it if they put more B Rank Wing units in the custom capsule machine. Wing Gundam in particular is very good, but I can't seem to snag it from one of the most expensive regular machines. I'm also hoping to complete my H-arms collection (I have A Rank series, and will soon have EW version from the Bingo Event), but the two B Ranks are only available in the expensive machines as well.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Wingnut

Large amounts of goodies coming in from last month's events. Including this guy which I wasn't even intentionally trying for. Woot, I guess.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

Wingnut wrote:Large amounts of goodies coming in from last month's events. Including this guy which I wasn't even intentionally trying for. Woot, I guess.
How'd you get that cool bugger? A B rank "Exia" would be pretty cool to have.

EDIT: I actually got a Gundam Astrea today as well, and its a lot of fun. An extremely well balanced scissors type, with an excellent melee combo and heavy beam cannon.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
RX-92

Details for the September update are out
The V2 Buster sounds good but it will cost something like 277 astros. :( just have to wait for the blueprint.
Archee

InjuredPelican wrote:So, does anyone play? I used to play a lot, and even spent more money than i wish I had. It can be tough competing for me (not very good with a keyboard), but I still enjoying spraying the battlefield with my Heavyarms double gatling gun. I find C rank only matches most enjoyable though, as the playing field seems most even. Hope to get back to playing more frequently soon.
I had played this game. But can't completed. It's not hard but I didn't play it with interest.
Wingnut

RX-92 wrote:Details for the September update are out
The V2 Buster sounds good but it will cost something like 277 astros. :( just have to wait for the blueprint.
Waiting for the BP on this one too. Have all the parts and such ready. Also looking forward to the ZAKU collection and the mission that drops the Incomplete Gold Frame Amatsu and Rau's DINN.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Xenosynth

~_~ The more I see people on the NA one the more I consider playing.

Before the great American IP Ban on the Taiwan servers (Which I assume was motivated by OGPlanet releasing it out here) I had capped both a Sinanju and Sazabi ;~; I also had quite a few others, including the S-Gundam which is one of my favorites. After the IP ban I lost all will to play. Does anyone know how far behind the US version is in relation to the Taiwan or Korean one?
Wingnut

As the September update shows, we're up to #47 on the capsule machines. We also have far fewer S ranks out of course, with a rate of 2 more per month being added much like the KR server had going. There has also been a few things that came down the line that we have now thanks to the CCM. For example, 0 Gundam and the Hellion aren't in the regular capsume machines for a while yet, but both are in the CCM which allows us to build the Kyrios (Tail Unit). The CCM also has a few other future things in it as well such as the CR rank Jet Windam and the B rank AGE-1 Normal. I don't know how it worked in other servers, but one can also outright buy most S rank units with astros (cash) except for the SS rank units of course which must be built manually. Of those we currently have Nu Gundam HWS (the OP'd S.O.B.), Infinite Justice, and possibly Strike Freedom coming out sometime this month.

Edit: Full event listing for this month.

Some rewards are really easy to get so don't miss out!
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

Sounds like some cool stuff. Man I wish I could get 00 Gundam, but there's no way I could get into the top 20 kills. But I suppose I could just start playing like crazy.....

I guess if they're renting out H-Arms EW and Akatsuki, then those two are very likely the next 2 S ranks units being released. I'm still waiting for Double X and Turn A to be released. Have no idea when that will happen though....
-Loran Cehack
RX-92

Xenosynth wrote:~_~ The more I see people on the NA one the more I consider playing.

Before the great American IP Ban on the Taiwan servers (Which I assume was motivated by OGPlanet releasing it out here) I had capped both a Sinanju and Sazabi ;~; I also had quite a few others, including the S-Gundam which is one of my favorites. After the IP ban I lost all will to play. Does anyone know how far behind the US version is in relation to the Taiwan or Korean one?
This wiki supposedly has all the units available on the N. American server

Edit: Played some today and got a Slash Zaku Warrior as well as 50 rare capsules now just need hammer...
Wingnut

InjuredPelican wrote:I guess if they're renting out H-Arms EW and Akatsuki, then those two are very likely the next 2 S ranks units being released. I'm still waiting for Double X and Turn A to be released. Have no idea when that will happen though....
Quite right on the next S ranks out, though I already have my HACEW thanks to the Bingo event. Not sure about Turn A, but the Double X is scheduled for December if things go as many predict.

The new mission isn't that hard even on Expert as long as you have a shooty S rank with both beams and bullets (or homing missiles) as the GINNs have PS armor and the DINNS pack I-Fields. The catch is in the final phase of that mission which is based on the escape from Alaska in Seed where the Freedom first shows up where you have to shoot down 55 units in 55 seconds to win. Not easy, but doable with a good team. If you're lucky as I was, you can get the BP for the Gold Frame Amatsu (Incomplete) as well as coupons for Rau's DINN.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

I almost got the Heavy-arms but missed one day. I hadn't noticed that you needed 44 consecutive days. Pretty big bummer, but I got over it. So Double X in December, just in time for my B-day.... I like papers the most, so I've been waiting out for the right paper S rank. V2 looks pretty cool, but I also know F91 is supposed to be very good. But Double X has powerful sniping, and I like it as a MS more than Wing Zero EW.
-Loran Cehack
Wingnut

It's monthy patch time. It's a big one this time.

The most notable being the big UI/system upgrades to hopefully match the other servers overseas.

Edit: Events for the month are up as well.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

Wingnut wrote:It's monthy patch time. It's a big one this time.

The most notable being the big UI/system upgrades to hopefully match the other servers overseas.

Edit: Events for the month are up as well.
Thanks for the heads up. So is there a difference with exp gain now? In missions? Liek I can gain exp from missions again? I'll have to check this out. Torn over whether I should get H-Arms (EW) or not. Or I could wait it out for Dynames Gn-Arms.... Decisions, decisions...
-Loran Cehack
Outlaw

As the feature I was most excited for I'm disappointed in AI mode, hopefully it'll improve with time. I'm still happy though because I got my baby*. :D

*Actually, I've had it since they released the blueprint.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Wingnut

Outlaw wrote:As the feature I was most excited for I'm disappointed in AI mode, hopefully it'll improve with time. I'm still happy though because I got my baby*. :D

*Actually, I've had it since they released the blueprint.
Yeah the AI in that mode will do some funny stuff such as having the Apsalus II fly across the entire map using its cheating infinite boost to head-butt you in the face rather then sitting back and lighting you up with its flashlight. It doesn't really know how to use papers properly it seems as the tactics are more suited to a rock play style. The AI also starts off with a full SP bar and both skills on the unit, but has yet to use a special attack of any kind on me.

Outlaw, your baby and mine also got their upgraded skills this last patch as well. (See image) Previously it was simply a boost to the special attack when the HP was 35% or lower.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

You guys have a baby too?

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae30 ... undamx.jpg

Mine is customized to look like his big brother, Double X. Too bad GX Divider is an AR rank. I'll probably never get a hold of it that way. But my regular X is perfectly capable, and when they release Double X I'll be very happy.
-Loran Cehack