SD Gundam Capsule Fighter

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
InjuredPelican

Re: SD Gundam Capsule Fighter

I think each type should get super boosts. Make the game just a bit faster overall. That would be cool. The more I think of this update the more excited I am for scissors. Finally they won't be just the middle of the road. My Aile Strike may actually become useful! (I hope that's how it will work out anyways).

With the new system, do former rocks and papers lose their previous boosting abilities, so everyone's even? Or do they remain, and the lack of RPS system only changes the damage advantages?
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Wingnut

InjuredPelican wrote:With the new system, do former rocks and papers lose their previous boosting abilities, so everyone's even?
That's the idea. Not sure how well it works in practice.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

Wingnut wrote: That's the idea. Not sure how well it works in practice.
I can see how that could be good or bad. Scissors typically seemed to have good boosting in my opinion though, so I'll probably adapt okay. I'm actually guessing scissors will benefit most in this whole thing, which really isn't so bad. (Now I'm talking in circles...)

So to keep conversation somewhat fresh, what units are you guys playing most now? I'm using 00 Gundam. I love its design, but its also quite fun as a shooter type rock. And its quite fast. I'm using it and the units (Dynames, Virtue, Kyrios Tail Unit) required to build 00 Raiser for when its BP is released. I just need 10,000 more points to be able to afford the BP.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Wingnut

I'm having some decent success with both the Smartgun and INCOM versions of the S Gundam as well as the Airmaster to go along with my EX'd AR Palace Athene and D type equipment GINN. Can you tell I love homing missiles? :D
Cima's Gelgoog Marine is also a very nice B rank scissor. Worth the mission grind and every point spent on its parts.

The system change is probably going to change what units I play most, and worryingly could render half the stuff in my hangers redundant due to collecting some units for their abilities as a certain RPS property such as rocks that can shoot very well.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

But shooting Rocks still have better than average melee, right? Coupled with speed and good guns as you mentioned, sounds like they should still be a solid choice. My 00 better not become crappy!

Oh, I do like missiles too, but I don't have many units that have them. I look forward to 00 Raiser's release partly to have a "rock" with missiles. I also love gatling guns however, which i have three different forms of Heavy-arms and a Serpent custom for. Something very satisfying about raining bullet after bullet on people... This is also the only game where I actually enjoy sniping, so sniper suits are cool by me.

So in conclusion... I like guns, and lots of them.
-Loran Cehack
Outlaw

Spreading myself between building up my Virtue and Gundam X. I also have a Rick Dom I've been trying to turn into a beam spamming machine but, it's on the back burner right now. Usually I just run single player missions until my EXP bonus runs out.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
InjuredPelican

Outlaw wrote:Spreading myself between building up my Virtue and Gundam X. I also have a Rick Dom I've been trying to turn into a beam spamming machine but, it's on the back burner right now. Usually I just run single player missions until my EXP bonus runs out.
I used to do the singleplayer thing, but it got really boring after a while. Those cpus are extremely stupid, but their melee attacks are extremely annoying.

So you enjoy beam spammers. I used to use my X a lot, and have been using Virtue a bit lately to prepare for Raiser BP. Do you think Virtue is better, or Nadleeh? I find I get more kills with Nadleeh, but sometimes Virtues defense and better range serves me well.
-Loran Cehack
Wingnut

Purging to Nadleeh gives your weapons the stun effect so it's not that surprising that you'd be getting some more kills that way. I tend to stay with Virtue unless I feel that I'd be better supporting my team with stun shots rather then straight up firepower such as immobilizing a strong unit to allow others to get their attacks in.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

Wingnut wrote:Purging to Nadleeh gives your weapons the stun effect so it's not that surprising that you'd be getting some more kills that way. I tend to stay with Virtue unless I feel that I'd be better supporting my team with stun shots rather then straight up firepower such as immobilizing a strong unit to allow others to get their attacks in.
I see, yeah, Virtue is a better team players, while Nadleeh can fend for itself in a sense. Maps like Jaburo Forest (man I hate that map) are so chaotic that Nadleeh is a better choice. But in maps like the Chinese Palace Virtue is better with its team support.

I haven't quite figured out Kyrios Tail Unit. It has superior damage output, but suffers from weakness to rocks, as all scissors do... But Dyname is pretty solid. Can't wait to get the OP AR Dynames from the event this month.
-Loran Cehack
Wingnut

Tail unit works best if you can literally stay above rocks when they get close, then unload your arm missiles into them. Of course that becomes a tad moot in a few weeks. Applying the Latent Potential part may also help as it kicks in about when your Trans-Am does and makes the most of the shots you land which can add up given the Tail Unit's weapon set.

AR Dynames may be powerful, but I find the mode set-up a tad clumsy when I want to actually snipe something as while the shields come closed and do a nice job of protecting you from counter fire, the sniper rifle is the ONLY weapon you have in that mode which means defending from someone even at mid-range becomes a problem as it takes too much time IMO to unscope, change modes, and draw your pistols to return fire. While the mode change defaults to the powerful missiles, those are dumb fire weapons and unless the enemy is right in front of you, you're likely to miss.

If your team isn't giving the other team more immediate things to worry about then getting sniped, you could find it very hard to employ that part of the unit, and even then some good enough player could slip up on you anyway and unload into with guns and/or mêlée into your back when you're in tunnel vision mode.

As a result I end up shooting more from the hip in mode 2 then actually sniping. Also the AR lacks the sniper skill so you'll want the Sniper Manual part to crit hit when scoped.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Outlaw

InjuredPelican wrote:So you enjoy beam spammers. I used to use my X a lot, and have been using Virtue a bit lately to prepare for Raiser BP. Do you think Virtue is better, or Nadleeh? I find I get more kills with Nadleeh, but sometimes Virtues defense and better range serves me well.
1. Well, I prefer ranged combat to melee (I just can't wrap my head around the melee meta game) but the Rick Dom has Infinite Ammo 2 so I'm cranking up its power and agility so it can just blast away.

2. I prefer Virtue. Especially the melee just one hit, no dash, no combo, just boom you're down.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
InjuredPelican

@wingnut:

I didn't know all that about Dynames. That type of switching is one reason why I have avoided a number of the S ranks. (And Unit that doesn't start out with a melee and gun mode is of little interest to me). But every time I have fought against AR Dynames is was a pain. Hmm, may need to rethink my selections for the end of this event. I know I want AR Palace Athene for its awesome missiles though.

I do play Wing Gundam quite a bit though, and it has the same problem of switching in and out of modes. It still performs well, but it is also an amazing B rank overall, so that might make up for its downsides.

@Outlaw:

1. I may need to try and get that Rick Dom now... Or learn which other units have a similar ability.

2. I do like Virtue's melee. As far as one hit melee moves go, its much more reliable and has better range than most. Sometimes I even spend a good span of time knocking my enemies down with its melee to clear an escape path.
-Loran Cehack
Wingnut

How the AR Dynames works.

Wing Gundam is a nice choice, though I really only use the Bird mode for long range travel and to get a quick 4th shot with the Buster Rifle or to simply KD someone. It can work just fine using only MS mode.

http://sdgowiki.com/wiki/Infinite_Ammo:_Weapon_2
http://sdgowiki.com/wiki/Infinite_Ammo:_Weapon_3

It's not always as useful as it sounds though given how you need to be near dead for it to kick in.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

I'll probably still get it. I don't play rocks too often, even if the ARs on the list are quite powerful. But if I get all four pics, then I'll probably get either AR Exia or Sword Calamity as well.

I wish Saviour was one of the choices for AR give aways...

Wing Gundam is really amazing. I only use bird mode for alternating fire when at long ranges. It seems to have slightly better range and damage than its MS mode's rifle. Too bad the buster rifle's range was reduced, but its probably more fair for everyone else. I was effectively sniping with it before they patched it.

Huh, i already have a unit with that ability, and it is my BR RX-78, whom I dub 'Zooka Gundam. It is OC6, all points in damage. It eats through S ranks. Pretty awesome. Its what I play when I want to have mindless fun and success.
-Loran Cehack
Outlaw

Wingnut wrote:It's not always as useful as it sounds though given how you need to be near dead for it to kick in.
Definitely agree. That's actually why I went with the Rick Dom, its lower rank means it gets the ability sooner and being a low cost unit takes some of the bite out of a higher risk strategy. That, and I'm just experimenting with it so, it could turn out to be really crappy.
Wingnut

Gen 6 update delayed one month. Other usual updates (2 new S ranks, 2 new capsule machines, etc.) to proceed normally.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
InjuredPelican

Bummer. I was really stoked for the change. My newly acquired Saviour is excellent, and I was looking forward to it being even better without the handicap of being a Scissors. Oh well...

Nice spelling, OGPlanet ("RROCK"). And there's no mention of the Laboratory. Hmmm....
-Loran Cehack
ScottYother

Wingnut wrote:
Outlaw wrote:As the feature I was most excited for I'm disappointed in AI mode, hopefully it'll improve with time. I'm still happy though because I got my baby*. :D

*Actually, I've had it since they released the blueprint.
Yeah the AI in that mode will do some funny stuff such as having the Apsalus II fly across the entire map using its cheating infinite boost to head-butt you in the face rather then sitting back and lighting you up with its flashlight. It doesn't really know how to use papers properly it seems as the tactics are more suited to a rock play style. The AI also starts off with a full SP bar and both skills on the unit, but has yet to use a special attack of any kind on me.

Outlaw, your baby and mine also got their upgraded skills this last patch as well. (See image) Previously it was simply a boost to the special attack when the HP was 35% or lower.
Flashlight is a very useful thing. We can not continue the way you see it in the dark.'s Real-life effects.
Saheda

Wingnut wrote:
Outlaw wrote:As the feature I was most excited for I'm disappointed in AI mode, hopefully it'll improve with time. I'm still happy though because
*Actually, I've had it since they released the blueprint.
Yeah the AI in that mode will do some funny stuff such as having the Apsalus II fly across the entire map using its cheating infinite boost to head-butt you in the face rather then sitting back and lighting you up with its cheap LED flashlight. It doesn't really know how to use papers properly it seems as the tactics are more suited to a rock play style. The AI also starts off with a full SP bar and both skills on the unit, but has yet to use a special attack of any kind on me.

Outlaw, your baby also got their upgraded skills this last patch as well. (See image) Previously it was simply a boost to the special attack when the HP was 35% or lower.
Was that really 35% or lower ? I thought it must be up to 50% !
Last edited by Saheda on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outlaw

G-Gen update is up now. Now I'm off to go figure out all the new fiddley bits...

Edit:
Looks like all completed quests can be redone now for fun and profit. I haven't ground up this many mobile suits in a while. On that note, it looks like you can now choose between points or exp packs when scrapping unwanted units. Sadly, doing all the quests again has reminded me of just how poorly made the Adv. Combat Training mission really is. Yeesh