Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
InjuredPelican

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

NastyNate wrote:Man Shining and Wing TV? Wing tv is like top 5! I've always liked the Shining too! AWESOME. I wonder what that whole, getting one part like AmuroNT1 said is all about. I hope this time around they make it to where any part can be top tier and not just certain mobile suits. Some of us want to use a grunt suit against a Gundam.

Also one more wish. RX NT-1 Alex gundam. :D

edit: Aries too!
Well I think the leveling system will help with making Mook suits more viable late game. It would be nice if they at least made Ace Customs higher tier so you could use some form of "mook" suit in late game too.

I want Alex too. Since Kampher is in, I think it has a decent chance.

The 1 part thing means even if you have say 5 Turn A Bodies, you will only have 1 in Gundam Breaker 2. Considering they are getting rid of the star system that shouldn't be too bad. The only downside is you won't be able to sell excess parts early on to make easy money. I suppose you could still stocks suits you don't care about and sell them in Gundam Breaker 2 though.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Xenosynth

Alex is indeed confirmed (Several times in the video we see parts for it, as well as the NT-1 Decal)
NastyNate

What new suit are you most excited for xeno? What about you amuro?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
AmuroNT1

23-minute trailer for Heroes Generation. All I can say is "Holy crap".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_pR6N5tRlg
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
AmuroNT1

Sorry to double, but this topic hasn't seen any activity in a couple of weeks, so I guess that should be okay.

Anyway, it's amazing, a DBZ game that I'm actually hyped for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhJaf3tdpFI
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Outlaw

I'm guessing it's Xenoverse... yup it's Xenoverse!
A Dragon Ball game with a pretty good character editor? You know I'm interested.
That and it seems to incorporate the alternate post Z timeline they made for Dragon Ball Online so, that's another plus.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
AmuroNT1

Yeah, the game is largely made using resources from DB Online and the arcade card game DB Heroes. Not that that's a bad thing, since neither of those came out in the US, and for that matter DBO is dead now.

Besides, everyone uses Create-A-Character to just make Mary Sue characters anyhow, so why not let people indulge in a franchise where people throw around planet-shattering energy balls anyway?

InjuredPelican

I like the idea, but I'll need to see real gameplay first. Last good game in terms of actual gameplay was BT 3 as far as I am concerned. It is frankly gettign a little old recreating all the old sagas over and over... Hopefully the create-a-character function could help spice that up a bit somehow. ZIf you could make a hero AND a villain(s) that would be pretty sweet.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
AmuroNT1

Part of the reason Xenoverse freaks me out is because it's almost identical to a concept I described to a friend back in April:
Spoiler
Me: I want to see a DBZ fighting game with a full, deep character creation mode.
I mean, they can only retread the same ground so many times.
Friend: That's hard to impliment, though.
Me: Well, let me pitch this to you.
There are already create-a-character archetypes from the arcade card game DB Heroes and the deceased DB Online.
Use that as the starting point.
(If you were wondering: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon ... er_avatars http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon ... lasses)
Friend: Huh.
Me: My thought is, you start with the base character and have a bunch of costume options.
Then your character gets dropped into the DB plotline and you go from there.
You would get to participate in famous events from a new perspective and maybe change them.
Friend: Whoa. That's kinda cool.
Me: You could learn new techniques by siding with certain characters/groups and learning it from them, like getting the Kamehameha by hanging with Goku.
And there would be a system for developing your own techniques.
That would basically be another customization thing - like say for ki attacks there would be a pool of default motions, like the classic Hadoken and Sonic Boom type moves.
And then you could choose what kind of effect it'd produce, like a beam, fireball, disc, slash wave, thin beam, etc.
And could change the color of the attack as well.
And melee attacks would likewise have a pool of basic motions like uppercut, roundhouse kick, etc, and you could string them together or add effects like ki power.
Friend: Neat. :-D
Me: And well, you just take it from there.
Friend: It sounds pretty awesome. They should do it.
Me: And there'd be a boatload of available classes like Human, Saiyan, Namek, Android, Majin, Frieza Race, etc.
And yes, this could happen: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2012 ... dAnArt.png
Friend: What's that? A female Super Saiyan?
Me: Yup.
Friend: Heh. As if Japan knows anything about equality between the sexes. :-P
Me: But there's a whole lot of untapped potential.
Friend: Agreed.
Me: I admit it can come off as a little Mary Sue-ish, but c'mon.
One, that happens in any game with a CAC mode anyway.
And two, isn't that kind of already built into DBZ by default?
Friend: Exactly.
Me: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Buu So this is a thing.
Friend: Oy vey
Me: They needed an excuse for a Majin race.
Friend: Ahh.
Me: Here, have some surprise: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Gine
Friend: ...huh.
Me: Yup, Toriyama went and introduced Goku's mom.
Friend: I had to explain the joke between the Saiya-jin name to a room full of physicists.
*behind
Me: Heh.
Friend: I weep for the youth of our future.
Me: Oh, to add to the DB concept, throw in a generic Alien race so people can do stuff like the Ginyu Force.
Friend: Hah. X3
Me: Or maybe draw inspiration from random bits of filler and GT, so like the bug people from Arlia.
Friend: Could be interesting, at least.
If they put effort in.
Me: I thought of more things that would make that DBZ game even better.
Obviously there'd be an online mode where you could do versus OR co-op.
But the game would have a feature kind of like "ghosts" in racing games where it can download a virtual copy of your friend's character.
Which would let you use him as an ally in offline mode.
And there'd be a "bonds system" where partnering with someone a lot has benefits.
Like letting you do combined attacks, learn their unique attacks, and use them as Fusion partners.

ZeonsSilverStar

Since the last DBZ I enjoyed was Budokai Tenkaichi 3 I'm cautiously optimistic.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
DragoMaster009

AmuroNT1 wrote:I just want to say, I love Gundam Try-Age. If you don't know, it's the arcade card game made by Cardass, the same people who made Kamen Rider Ganbaride (now Ganbarizing) and Super Sentai Battle Dice-O. In addition to the usual assortment, they've been introducing some fun original MS with insane backstories.

Full Burst Psyco Gundam: http://www.gundam-try.com/images/news/b ... nts_05.jpg

Tri-Zeta Gundam and Queen Mansa Septet: http://www.taghobby.com/wp-content/uplo ... 922866.jpg

ϝ (Digamma) Azieru: http://www.gundam-try.com/images/news/b ... nts_02.jpg

Gundam God Master: http://www.gundam-try.com/images/news/b ... nts_02.jpg

Full Armor Unicorn Plan B: http://www.gundam.info/uploads/image/th ... -68205.jpg

Gundam F91 RR: http://www.gundam.info/uploads/image/th ... -78623.jpg

I've curious now, what are the backstories behind these new units and what capabilities do they have?
AmuroNT1

AFAIK only a couple of them have full backstories. God Master is a "what if" idea on God Gundam getting infected by DG Cells, hence the Master-y design elements. The others just have vague concepts, like the Digamma Azieru being a development of the Alpha Azieru made for combat under gravity, or the F91 RR essentially being the "full armor" version of the original F91. Then there's the Tri-Zeta, which they outright admit was just a fun design Okawara did.

DragoMaster009

...let me guess, Full Armor Unicorn Plan B shifts the focus of the upgrade from "offensive" to "defensive"?
Lord Dearche

Actually, plan B is literally just a Banshee Norn with an extra shield. It's shields are the Banshee's, the ones that can fire huge beams, as well as the Armed Armor weapons on it's arms, and also the thing on it's back. The head is really the only thing that's not from the Banshee. Which actually had the far superior head piece.
AmuroNT1

FA Unicorn Plan B is Unicorn with all the Armed Armor units attached: Banshee's smartgun and claw, Norn's Char booster, Phenix's shield boosters, and the hyper beam javelin (which was specifically said to be based off of the Armed Armor concept).

BrentD15

Why couldn't they just call that the Perfect Unicorn Gundam? :P
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Lord Dearche

Well in universe, it could probably be considered what AE themselves planned as a FA unicorn.

Since what we know as the FA Unicorn, was really just Takuya duct taping as much heavy equiptment on it as he could, none of which was actually armor, just weapons, the propellent tanks and some extra shields.
Lord Dearche

AmuroNT1 wrote: God Master is a "what if" idea on God Gundam getting infected by DG Cells, hence the Master-y design elements.

wait, thinking about it more. How exactly does infected by DG cells result in it now having the WWE championship materialize on it's waist?

Also to me it honestly looks like some gundam that's Police officer by day, Gundam wrastler by night.
AmuroNT1

Lord Dearche wrote:wait, thinking about it more. How exactly does infected by DG cells result in it now having the WWE championship materialize on it's waist?

Also to me it honestly looks like some gundam that's Police officer by day, Gundam wrastler by night.
Because G Gundam, that's why.