Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Andrew86

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Pretty excited to hear about the Unicorn game. Seeing as From Software is making it I feel it has a good chance at making it to our shores.

I have been hoping to play some of the new Extreme VS forever. Are these based on the old vs games? Before my near decade hiatus I remember playing SO much Federation vs Zeon and it was awesome.
AmuroNT1

Actually, no. You see, after Gundam vs Zeta (the last Vs Game to be released overseas), they made Alliance vs ZAFT, based on Gundam SEED, and they really kicked up the engine. Some of the big changes:
-Everything is sped up
-Boost Dash: Double-tap Boost (X default) for high-speed flight
-Charge Shots
-Shields: Tap Back-Forward to use your shield; anything that hits during the window of activation is blocked, melee attackers get pushed back
-Melee Improvement: Melee is now based off of what direction you hold as you press the button (example: Aile Strike does a kick if you hold Forward, an uppercut slash if you hold Side, etc). This also extends to combos, giving things a lot more variety. Thanks to this and the speed increase, melee is actually viable.

Following this was Gundam vs Gundam, which actually mixed up things between the UC and SEED-style games. That game introduced G-Crossover attacks, basically like Super Robot Wars' MAP weapons, but they got taken out for slowing down the game (literally). They also added Mobile Assists, which are your standard fighting game assistants like King of Fighters' Strikers.

Gundam vs Gundam Next/Plus introduced Next Dash, which lets you use a Boost Dash as a dash cancel, letting you pull off insane combos and really speeding up the game. It originated as Freedom's unique SEED ability in GvG, but made Freedom way too broken so it was made standard.

Extreme Vs is a rebuilt engine, but it follows on all these improvements. The biggest change is that Awakenings are brought back as Extreme Burst, which is now based off of the MS you're using (Nu's is Psychoframe Resonance, the 00 stuff gets Trans-Am, etc). Many units have super moves that can be performed during Extreme Burst, like the Love-Love Tenkyoken or Zeta's Sword of Rage/Waverider Crash. Also, Shield Guard was given to every MS, regardless of whether or not it actually possesses a shield.

So yeah, if you've only ever played Fed vs Zeon, you've got a lot of catching up to do. Believe me, the transition from Gundam vs Zeta to the SEED stuff was pretty rocky at first, but you'll get used to it.

On a related note, it looks like they'll be revealing details about the NEXT Versus Game in the near future, around the time ExVs is released.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

AmuroNT1 wrote:On a related note, it looks like they'll be revealing details about the NEXT Versus Game in the near future, around the time ExVs is released.
Looks like I was wise to bide my time to see what was in store. Let's hope they announce MS Gundam Wing: Gundam vs Absolutely Everyone Else. :mrgreen: :lol: News should come about a week after ExVS' release, I think.

C'mon, Epyon....!
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Arsarcana

I'd still love them to do a series of specific show-themed Vs games since it's the only way we're likely to ever get a really good game featuring most of those units. They managed to do a decent enough job with the OYW/Zeta-era suits and CEverse so if we were ever going to get a game where a Leo or a Flag had character of its own, it would be there.

Not likely to ever happen of course, especially for old shows. Easier to get people into crossover games. Still, one can dream.
Mark064

Seeing the trend they are following the next game be something like EXTERME VS ULTIMATE. Or something like that. Got to to wait for the game after that to see something new.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
2NA Fish

Anyone wanna take bets on the name of the next game? :D

Extreme VS Deluxe?
Extreme VS Plus?
Final VS?
Ultimate VS?
Supreme VS?
AmuroNT1

Well, we already know that the next game will involve 00 somehow, since at an ExVs event Tohru Furuya accidentally let the news slip when he mentioned he was recording lines for Ribbons for "the next game".
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Arsarcana

That gives me a completely cracked out idea: Alternate Vs, the game where every suit is a deliberate homage to an older design, then reversed for the AU shows. There won't be any RX-78, instead you'll get the 0 Gundam. I have a tentative cast list courtesy of my crystal ball:

Not-OYW Era:
0 Gundam (for the Gundam
Gunner Zaku Warrior (for Char's Zaku)
Arios (for the Alex)
Tieren Ground Type (for the Zaku II)
Boss: Fantoma (for the Big Zam)

Not-Zeta Era:
Savior (for the Zeta)
Ummm... Seravee maybe (for The O)
AGE-3 (for the ZZ)
Boss: Regnant (for the Qubeley)

Not-CCA Era:
Reborns (for Nu)
Sinanju (as itself and standing in for Sazabi)

And then to throw some better UC representation in, the Efreet Schneid in place of the Spiegel, Abigor in place of any of the Deathscythe series, a GM (insert favorite variant here) in place of... a whole lot of AU grunt suits and the Ex-S in place of the (Strike) Freedom.
PhineBuyM3

My hope for the next game is they stop spamming TM Revolution for the Seed/Destiny sortie videos.
2NA Fish

The idea for an Alternate VS game sounds fun, but I wouldn't appreciate it because I just want to play the MS I like. For example, I want Dom, not Dom Trooper.

I like TM Revolution a lot and feel he's got that iconic sound for SEED, but yeah, since Zips was in, they could have used some of the other music to keep things varied.
AmuroNT1

I know I'm going to make good use of the custom soundtrack feature in ExVs. Out of personal preference I'll be sticking with songs from the actual shows instead of just throwing in whatever, tho I probably will be making a Toku playlist using my favorite Kamen Rider and Super Sentai themes.

If anyone cares, here's what all I was going to use.
MSG: Tobe! Gundam, Long Sleep, Red Comet, Here Comes Char, Dashing Char
Zeta: Metamorphoze, Mind Forest, Running Through Space, Fleet Battle II, Mobile Suit Battle
ZZ: Anime Ja Nai, Silent Voice, Judau in Space, Hot-Blooded Mashmyre, Battle at Axis
CCA: Beyond the Time (sped up), Main Title, Nu Gundam, Sally, Neo Zeon
F91: Eternal Wind, To a New Space, Battle
V: Stand Up to the Victory, Winners Forever, Act of War, Trembling Lives
G: Flying in the Sky, Trust You Forever, Saikyo no Shou ~ King of Hearts, Waga Kokoro Meikyou-Shisui, Gekitou no Naka Sorezore no Yakusoku, Kyodai Yasuru Yabou, Moegare Toushi
EW: White Reflection, Last Impression, Duel, Riot of Citizens, Codename: WIND, Final Attack
X: Dreams, Resolution, GX Running Past, Death Line, Giant Power Approaching
TA: Turn A Turn, Century Color, Tracing an Axis of Light, Final Shore, Second Advent
Seed: Invoke, Believe, Strike Launch, Rise Anger, Impatience, Three Evil Weapons
Destiny: Ignited, Pride, Awaken Shinn Asuka, Kira Following His Heart, Mission Commence
00: Daybreak's Bell, Ash Like Snow, Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi, Power, Fight, 00-Raiser, Decisive Battle, Masurao
00 Movie: Change, Final Mission Quantum Burst
UC: Unicorn, Mobile Suit, Full Frontal, Laplace
0080: Imaginary Sky, Bernard Wiseman
0083: The Winner, Men of Destiny, Assault Waves, Rising Op. Stardust
08MST: Ten Years After, Soldier, Gouf Custom vs 08th MS Team
Igloo: Mobile Battle, Advance
CB: Space Pirates Crossbone Vanguard, Kincaid Nau, Raid from the Empire, Skull Heart Arrives
Astray: Zips, Junk Guild: Red Frame, Serpent Tail: Mission Commence
Misc.: Ai Senshi (Gackt), The Catalyst, Climax UC opening, Black Stars, Konna Mon Ja Nai, Soldier

Actually, I could ask for a little help. Does anyone know the name of Sai Saici's theme song? It's the one they used for him in G Generation F, but I don't have any way of going through G's soundtrack item by item to try and find it.

hotlimit

They'll just call it EXTREME VS 2. And then the home version (if they have one) will be EXTREME VS 2 +alpha remix for matching challenge
NastyNate

With bandai already announcing their follow up game next year with gundam uc before extreme vs even comes out. Does anyone think they are pulling an activision COD move and not even letting us enjoy the first before the next game comes out? Or is it different since they are different games?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Arsarcana

Let's see, one's a crossover PvP game where most of the awesome comes from fighting other humans in team matches, the other looks to be a single-player game focusing on a single point in time in one universe where the fun comes from fighting the computer. I don't see the one affecting the enjoyment of the other.
AmuroNT1

According to a leaked document from the upcoming Bamco event, the next game will be called Extreme Vs. Second Age; with a name like that, you can be sure that AGE will be in it.

Also, current rumors claim that Dengeki Playstation showed four MS for DLC: The-O, Gottrlatan, Freedom, and Arche Gundam.

Arsarcana

Just assuming for purposes of argument that the rumor is spot-on: Cool, Awesome, Bleh, Awesome!
AmuroNT1

The DLC characters have been confirmed via scan, as has Quess as an operator.

Also, the sequel's name is ExVs Full Boost.

ZeonsSilverStar

I was hoping this game wouldn't have any DLC so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of making a Japanese PSN account, I had a failed attempt some time ago, but on the other hand at least Katejina in playable again. I wonder what the prices are going to be?
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
hotlimit

I would pay for The O, but I'm sure it's the same half-baked version we got in NEXT.
AmuroNT1

I doubt it. In Next, The-O was built entirely upon the premise that it had the old-style Awakenings (which had been removed from GvG). Since they're back in ExVs, that means they'd have to completely rework the machine.