Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
2NA Fish

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

http://blog-imgs-43.fc2.com/y/a/r/yarao ... 942835.jpg

Found a scan of the page with the 4 dlc MS for those interested.

Not buying the DLC. Don't like Freedom, Arche and The O. Katejina alone is not worth my money.

Big fat meh. I'll have to wait to see what new stuff they include in Full Boost. Don't like the apparent SEED and 00 bias in this current dev team though. They were much more fair to the older series in Next.
PhineBuyM3

I'm buying all of 4 of those.
hotlimit

AmuroNT1 wrote:I doubt it. In Next, The-O was built entirely upon the premise that it had the old-style Awakenings (which had been removed from GvG). Since they're back in ExVs, that means they'd have to completely rework the machine.
Ah, I didn't know awakenings were back in Extreme VS.
Mark064

You know I'm kind of turned away from Extreme Vs as is it doesn't seem like they've added many new suits from the arcade version. Not counting the 4 DLC aren't the only new suits the Hi Nu and Blue Frame? The whole thing just seems to be another cheap video game tactic of adding as little as possible charging full price and then charging more for DLC. Though my only interest are the Gottlarn and The O.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
AmuroNT1

They also added Dynames. But really, the original game had so many MS that I don't think it's a great loss that the home version only added three by default.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
quasadra

yeap, for those that have played the Arcade version, it might looks to them as just another milking from Bandai. but for the rest of us that wont get a chance at the Arcade version(like me), this is the only way to play this new latest entry in the VS series.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
2NA Fish

I skipped the PSP games, so for me this will be my first home VS game since OMNI vs ZAFT 2. Really though, many of us didn't mind playing as no-voice pilots in previous games. Hope next version they let us play all those other MS in the game, at least for the home version.
NastyNate

Only a few more days until extreme comes out. I will be excited to hear everyone's opinion here and on gamefaqs to decide if it is worth me to buy it or not. (I already have the psp games). I am very interested to find out if the split screen can be taken online.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
ZeonsSilverStar

Allegedly the DLC mobile suits are free according to this
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xoJeAEckYnc/T ... 1600/i.jpg

Now I can't confirm nor deny this since I'm not fluent in the Japanese language, but it would be nice if it were true.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
2NA Fish

It only says that the DLC units will also appear as enemies in free DLC missions.

It's the DLC missions that are free.
Turn-A Binker

Gundam Unicorn for the PS3 New Info (11/30/11)
According to Famitsu, 70% of the game development is completed.

The game is set to be released in Spring 2012 (Price: TBA), and will be based on the first 3 chapters of the Gundam UC OVA series. Here are some of the details from the article:

- 3 game scenarios for the characters: Banagher, Marida & Full Frontal

- All the mobile suits from the first 3 episodes will be appearing in the game. Tranformable mobile suits will be able to transform in the game

- There will be downloadable contents

- The game will have a simple control scheme similiar to the Another Century's Episode game series

- The game cutscenes will be in CG

- Game developed by Software (Armored Core; Another Century's Episode)

- 3 story modes: Banagher, Marida, and Frontal.

- During battle, players can engage the "subflight system"

DLC revealed for Gundam Uncorn PS3: Gundam Delta Kai (or is it Dealta Gundam Kai?), and Sinanju Stein:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-U3vq_gzy24E/T ... 1600/1.jpg
Calubin_175

If the 4 DLC units do appear in free DLC missions, than that means their model data could be downloaded for free, but the key to play with them isn't. There might be some way to hack it then. So it isn't like the Blue Frame 2nd G and Jean Carry's M1A in Never Ending Tmr.
ZeonsSilverStar

I guess getting four free units was too good to be true afterall. Oh well I'll probably hold off on getting them anyway.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
DuelGundam2099

Regarding the Unicorn Gundam game are Delta Gundam Kai and Sinanju Stein original suits made for the game? If not where are they from?
Arsarcana

They're game-original, though the Sinanju Stein is largely derived from the 'original' Sinanju before the Sleeves modified it. Gundam Delta Kai is new.
DuelGundam2099

Now if only regular Delta Gundam would appear, THAT would be kind of cool. 8)
NastyNate

I have not heard a lot about extreme vs. since its release. I hope that is because the game is so good that everyone is busy playing it. I would really like to know how is the online for a US player. Also how import friendly are the menus, and how many modes there are. And the big one for me is whether or not we can take the 2 player split screen online or not.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
AmuroNT1

I've been busy the last couple of days so I haven't had a lot of time to play, but here's what I know...

1) Online depends more on the individual players' connections; from what my friends have said, distance from Japan doesn't seem to matter.
2) As with most Gundam games, knowledge of Katakana is a huge help. Don't think there's a whole lot of English text tho. Someone will probably translate the menus (I might do it myself just to help out).
3) Gameplay modes are Arcade, Free Battle, Player Match, and Trial Mission. Out of those, Player Match is the only one with an Online component; Arcade and Free Battle can only be done split-screen, and Trial Mission is one-player only.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
pd771

NastyNate wrote:I have not heard a lot about extreme vs. since its release. I hope that is because the game is so good that everyone is busy playing it. I would really like to know how is the online for a US player. Also how import friendly are the menus, and how many modes there are. And the big one for me is whether or not we can take the 2 player split screen online or not.
Here's what I can tell you in my time playing:

-It feels slower than the the Gundam vs Gundam games. Its battles closer in pace to Rengou vs ZAFT. Timing is more important than reflexes for a lot of suits.
-It feel meatier to me than NEXT PLUS. While I'm probably repeating many missions over and over again it doesn't feel as annoying in the trial mode as in GVG NP
-Crossbone is my favorite edition ever and the suits play great. I prefer X-1 to X-1 kai kai
-It takes longer to learn how to play the different suits than in previous games.
Amuro: Sorry, Lalah, I... I still have a place I can come home to. And I could never be happier. I'm sure you understand. We can be together anytime we want, Lalah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9RgWhmXs
2NA Fish

My wife ordered Doctor Lautrec with my order of ExVS, and since that was delayed, the whole order has been delayed. Now just preparing MP3s for the BGM edit while I'm waiting. *Sigh*