Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
InjuredPelican

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Hey, baby gundams! I don't have a ps4, so I'd like to see some real changes/improvements in gameplay before I commit to a new system. I'm hoping combat could be just a tad bit more technical or skills based, or at least have such as an option. Maybe different difficulty levels or something so more casual players can just have easy fun while others can do something more skills based. Just my thoughts.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
AmuroNT1

Cast list for G Gen Genesis:

-First Gundam
-MSV
-MS-X
-M-MSV
-MSV-R
-IGLOO
-IGLOO 2
-08th MS Team
-Blue Destiny
-Rise from the Ashes
-Zeonic Front
-Encounters in Space
-Lost War Chronicles
-UC 0081
-Missing Link
-Cross Dimension
-Harmony of Gundam
-Bonds of the Battlefield
-Gihren's Greed
-War in the Pocket
-Stardust Memory
-Phantom Bullets
-Zeta
-Zeta: A New Translation
-Z-MSV
-Green Divers
-Advance of Zeta
-Sentinel
-ZZ
-Char's Counterattack
-CCA-MSV
-Unicorn
-UC-MSV
-Scramble Wars
-SD Gundam GX
-G Gen Originals

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/sd-gundam-g- ... r-38-works

...Yeah, sorry, still not interested. Not only because of my distaste for Unicorn, but the heavy emphasis on the One Year War.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

M-MSV, Z-MSV, Sentinel, and Advance of Zeta. Sold for me. All my favorite design series are in it.
AmuroNT1

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EkJ4gT0BDmc/V ... ed-155.jpg

Poster image. To the surprise of nobody, Barbatos is in. And it kinda looks like the Gundam is wearing a Bug on its right leg.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

BrentD15

AmuroNT1 wrote:Cast list for G Gen Genesis:

-First Gundam
-MSV
-MS-X
-M-MSV
-MSV-R
-IGLOO
-IGLOO 2
-08th MS Team
-Blue Destiny
-Rise from the Ashes
-Zeonic Front
-Encounters in Space
-Lost War Chronicles
-UC 0081
-Missing Link
-Cross Dimension
-Harmony of Gundam
-Bonds of the Battlefield
-Gihren's Greed
-War in the Pocket
-Stardust Memory
-Phantom Bullets
-Zeta
-Zeta: A New Translation
-Z-MSV
-Green Divers
-Advance of Zeta
-Sentinel
-ZZ
-Char's Counterattack
-CCA-MSV
-Unicorn
-UC-MSV
-Scramble Wars
-SD Gundam GX
-G Gen Originals

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/sd-gundam-g- ... r-38-works

...Yeah, sorry, still not interested. Not only because of my distaste for Unicorn, but the heavy emphasis on the One Year War.
Again, that's only the ones we know of so far.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Mu La Flaga

No sign on Wing, X, G, CE, 00, Turn A.......that's a major turn off when you just focus exclusively on UC only.
yazi88

Mu La Flaga wrote:No sign on Wing, X, G, CE, 00, Turn A.......that's a major turn off when you just focus exclusively on UC only.
Its just to focus on UC Gundam up to Unicorn, if anything it seems like the follow-up to G Generation Spirits which was UC only, but also served as the engine for all the main G Gen games from there on in.

This game, unlike the last couple of G-Gen games, is actually going to have plot stages of certain series like in G Gen Spirits rather than the random crossover stage in the last couple of games.

Also... there are a good number of UC side stories added to G Gen now, especially the video game plots, like 0081, Zeonic Front, and side story 0079 (white dingo), strangely enough, White Dingo was never really featured in G Gen (or most Gundam games) up till now...
Xenosynth

idk
i'm still of the opinion that 90+% of my favorite mobile suits are mostly Zeta/ZZ/CCA and that era of side stories and MSV suits so for me the idea of them focusing on that era means that they will hopefully have lots of MS that normally get cut. When G Gen went from Spirits to Wars they cut out lots of suits like the Nero as well as a majority of AOZ.

Also noting:
if they are doing completely new CG, character animations, voices, the more AUs they'd have the more likely they'd have to cut a lot of side stories. Which some people would want! But for me, I'd rather have Sentinel and AOZ over things like Wing or G.

Not saying others have to be excited for it, but more just indicating why I'm extremely happy about it.
AmuroNT1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX4teHaw2kk

So take a look who managed to slip into the supposedly all-UC G Gen Genesis.

BrentD15

Nice to see that G-Reco is getting recognition in this series. :)

Also, BETA AZIERU HYPE! :D
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
AmuroNT1

For anyone who missed it, a new Gundam Breaker game (literally titled "New Gundam Breaker") has been announced for PS4...and it's even getting a Western release, not just an English release for Southeast Asia.

BrentD15

So, anyone else looking forward to the new SD Gundam G-Gen Cross Rays?
I'm still sad that F91, Crossbone, and Victory still aren't being represented.
Also, After War Gundam X is also missing from the lineup.
yazi88

I'm excited for G Gen Cross Rays. While I'm a bit sad that Gundam X wasn't included, I'm really excited for all the units that are brand new to the G Gen series. Plus I'm looking forward to all the IBO units too.

One of the more annoying aspects about Cross Rays is that the battleships are more limited compared to previous games. Usually its UC or CE ships that are the better ones.

00 ships are not that great, Ptolemeios is good for movement but its not that good for attacks. IBO ships are quite durable and fast but they lack firepower quite a bit. And that the IBO ships are pretty small too.

Minerva and Archangel are easily the best ships in this game. I'll avoid the Archangel since Destiny ruined any interest I had in that ship because of the perfect victory plot armor of Kira and the Superfriends...